✔fault ; choi yeonjun

By vantaeday

in which an aspiring athlete meets an actual athlete all similarities to other stories are probably coinciden... More

fault
one - new start
two - scuffle
three - saviour
four - not so secret
five - why is it you?
six - not as bad as i thought
seven - i felt it skip a beat
eight - what is this feeling?
nine - i didn't mean it
ten - is there anything you can't do?
eleven - so you'll help me...?
twelve - that's nice of you to say
thirteen - control
fourteen - its because of you, but i don't want you to feel that
fifteen - i'm fine
sixteen - so i'm the one who misunderstood?
seventeen - come back please
eighteen - did you hear me at all?
nineteen - your turn now
twenty - teaspoons
twenty one - all a lie
twenty two - what do i do now?
twenty three - you're a genius sometimes, you know that?
twenty four - (almost) confession
twenty five - misjudgement
twenty six - just a step to success
twenty seven - follow your heart
twenty eight - movie
twenty nine - happily ever after...?
thirty - two weeks is (not) enough
thirty one - making use of five senses
thirty two - time flies at the wrong time
thirty three - honks
thirty four - we'll continue when i'm back
thirty five - got to keep the promise
thirty six - you've got a friend in me
thirty seven - i'm sorry
thirty nine - on our way
forty - selective distortion
forty one - chess
forty two - hide and seek
forty three - balcony
forty four - success!
special (yeonbin au)

thirty eight - surprise

1.9K 107 65
By vantaeday

(he's so beautiful i'm losing my mind aidhsosolws)

-

"once more!" a shout was heard before ball connected with the taut strings of the racket and was making its way over the net.

minyoung's eyes followed the ball and as it bounced, she shuffled forward and swung her racket.

"honestly, you're really good, has anyone ever told you that?" seulgi said to her once they got off the courts.

"you, every single day."

"its almost the holidays soon, have you any plans?"

"train maybe, i have to make sure i do it well this time. what?"

seulgi was grinning at her.

"well, the boys and i have other plans that i think you might love."

"before you go on, who came up with it?"

"beomgyu did."

"he's a literal spawn of satan, there's no way his plans involve any good."

"who's a spawn of satan?" a voice came up from behind them.

"you are?" seulgi shot the new arrival a glare.

"before you get yourself all hot and bothered on this lovely day, i came to apologise." joohyun threw her hands up in surrender.

"someone slap me." taehyun's voice was heard as he approached the three girls.

"i'd do it even without you asking, but the attention isn't on you now." hueningkai replied calmly.

joohyun simply rolled her eyes before turning back to the two girls.

"i know it was selfish of me to threaten you like that-" she began carefully as she tried finding the right words to say, "and i actually don't mean for you to leave."

she took a deep breath before continuing, "i was jealous; because i thought you had really approached your uncle in advance in order to get into the school."

the two boys at the back stared unashamedly as minyoung tried to find an appropriate reaction.

"look, i'm not asking for your sympathy or forgiveness. i just wanted to make it clear that you don't actually have to leave, i've already deleted all the evidence."

minyoung deliberated for awhile. on one hand, it was great news for her; she did not need to leave the school. on the other hand though, she had to live with the fact that on the official records it would always say that she got in through special interventions.

"joohyun," she began, "thanks, but i've already made up my mind."

-

a loud ringing woke minyoung up as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. with her eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, she reached for the vibrating mobile phone.

"good morning!" an energetic voice came through the other end.

"choi beomgyu, you better have an excellent reason for waking me up at five in the morning while we're on holiday."

"i have a whole essay prepared!" he chirped, "open the door please, we're all outside!"

surprise replaced irritation as she got out of bed and looked out the windows, praying that this was just another one of beomgyu's pranks.

sure enough, five figures who were very clearly her friends stood outside the gates. in a corner, there was a dark blob that minyoung, for the life of her, could not make out.

trying not to wake her parents as she rushed past their room, she hurriedly made her way to the gates.

"what the hell are you all up to now?" she hissed as she shivered a little in the morning cold.

"lets talk in your room, we're freezing!" taehyun pushed past her and immediately made his way into the house.

"bring your own stuff!" soobin yelled after him, but taehyun had either not heard the former or was ignoring him.

minyoung had a strong feeling it was the second.

"you take it, you came up with this." soobin pushed taehyun's suitcase towards beomgyu, who was already struggling with his own.

"what? no way! i-"

the rest of the group ignored him and passed through the gates, letting themselves into the house. minyoung's helper had gotten up too, but did not seem in the least bit surprised as she ushered them into the house.

"well?" beomgyu tapped his foot, folding his arms as he did so, "aren't you going to offer your assistance?"

"why would i? you guys turned up at my house uninvited! there is no way i'm lugging that heavy thing anywhere for you!"

"rock, paper, scissors then."

-

mumbling curses out loud, minyoung dragged both taehyun and beomgyu's luggage to the house as the latter walked next to her relaxedly.

"thanks for the help, best friend." he made a big show of smelling the obviously fake flowers that her mother had carelessly stuck into the garden.

"our friendship ended the moment you threw out a 'rock' after seeing that i had thrown 'scissors' when you originally played 'paper'."

"pictures or it didn't happen."

when the both of them finally reached the front door, minyoung walked in to find that her friends were all now in the kitchen. they all looked up when she walked in, grinning as they did so.

"whenever you guys are done eating all the food in the kitchen," she began, eyeing the already empty plates that they had set aside as they moved on to seconds, "why are you moving in all of a sudden?"

at this, hueningkai let out a laugh.

"nothing like a little morning to joke to start off the day, right taehyun?"

taehyun laughed nervously when he realised that she was wearing a look of genuine confusion.

"oh boy, did none of you tell her?" this came from seulgi, who had set down her spoon.

"we agreed that we would surprise her, didn't we?" soobin looked at her.

"no! beomgyu told me he had already informed her when i asked him on thursday!"

"oops."

the kitchen was silent for a moment, until the 'ting!' of the toaster was heard. this snapped minyoung out of her thoughts, and she rubbed her fingers on her temples as she tried to process whatever was happening.

"well, clearly someone did not tell me. care to tell me now?"

"are you ready for it?" beomgyu asked excitedly.

"after today morning's surprise, anytime."

"we're going to visit yeonjun!"

"what?"

they slid an envelope across the counter, and minyoung took it wordlessly. sure enough, there were ticket inside that would bring them all to wherever yeonjun was.

she looked up and was met with five (well, six including her helper) pairs of eyes staring back at her expectantly, waiting for a reaction.

she blinked. she blinked again, and again.

"if you cry i'm throwing you out of the house." taehyun said.

she took a deep breath and wiped off any tears that were threatening to fall with the back of her hand.

"thank you."

"great, now get to packing!"

+if i dont finish this by the end of the year i would actually be speechless - two years and i'm still not done

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 335 48
A fangirl who didn't expect to meet her idol suddenly on her special day after a few years just because of a little accident that happened. She enco...
5.3K 491 28
"I really didn't expect you to be this type of a doctor. I'm really disappointed" I said looking straight into his eyes. Even saying that I could hea...
18.7K 509 50
Taegyu fanfiction, based on my imagination. ( just writing for fun, I love writing! Not expecting any readers but who reads this, I appreciate it! )
3.7K 150 10
|| Welcome || If you want to read about Yeonjun as your flirty classmate, Taehyun as your rival, Soobin's crush, Beomgyu serenading you with his gui...