The Bonds That Unite Us

By ScorpiusCelestino420

Harry Potter had always been The Golden Boy. The-Boy-Who-Lived. He honestly doesn't want to go back for his e... More

Story Information!
° Chapter One °
° Chapter Two °
° Chapter Three °
° Chapter Four °
° Chapter Five °
° Chapter Six °
° Chapter Seven °
° Chapter Eight °
° Chapter Nine °
° Chapter Ten °
° Chapter Eleven °
° Chapter Twelve °
° Chapter Thirteen °
° Chapter Fourteen °
° Chapter Fifteen°
° Chapter Sixteen °
° Chapter Seventeen °
° Chapter Eighteen °
° Chapter Nineteen °
° Chapter Twenty °
° Chapter Twenty-One °
° Chapter Twenty-Two °
° Chapter Twenty-Three °
° Chapter Twenty-Four °
° Chapter Twenty-Six °
° Chapter Twenty-Seven °
° Chapter Twenty-Eight °
° Chapter Twenty-Nine °
° Chapter Thirty °
° Chapter Thirty-One °
° Chapter Thirty-Two °
° Chapter Thirty-Three °
° Chapter Thirty-Four °
° Chapter Thirty-Five °
° Chapter Thirty-Six °
Ending Of An Arc

° Chapter Twenty-Five °

711 24 2
By ScorpiusCelestino420

The Lists of Things To Do.
"What's this?"

×××

The group of Gryffindor's were sitting in Harry's room a day after Yule. "Okay we need ideas, what do we all want to do this summer?"

"I want to visit Paris again," Harry stated. "Merlin yes! That's the first place we are going to once the summer hits." Neville started with a grin. "How about some places in the United States?"

"Of course!" Ron yelled. Hermione smacked his arm as Ginny burst out laughing. "Just imagine it." She giggled as Hermione smiled brightly. "We should also stay in a fancy castle, somewhere in the woods where we can be as loud as we want. We could blast muggle music! Oh Merlin we could drive one of those muggle cars!" Hermione grabbed Harry's hand as the group agreed with yells.

Harry laughed loudly before the door opened. Draco and Blaise popped their heads in. "What's all the fuss about?" The Gryffindor's looked at each other before letting out soft laughs.

"You'll see when Summer comes." Ginny stayed as Ron nodded, "Lot's of surprises we have Slythersluts." Hermione slapped Ron's arm. "You. Did. Not!" The ginger blushed brightly as the dark-skinned Slytherin gave him a smirk. "I'll see you guys in a bit."

As the couple left Ginny yelled, "USE A SILENCING CHARM!"

"SHUT IT!" The group heard Ron yell back with a voice crack.

====

Neville and Harry were sitting in the library. The raven-haired boy giggled loudly as a big puff of green smoke was blasted in. Everyone rushed in.

Draco let out a soft breath. "Okay, who keeps letting Harry experiment with potions?" He asked angrily. Pansy blew her hair out of her face as she cleaned up the empty cauldron.

"I'm sorry I was trying to work on my potions." Harry rolled his eyes as he grabbed a Pureblood book. "Nev and I are studying the Pureblood ways. Anyone wants to join?"

A chorus of voices went around, mostly the Gryffindor's. Pansy looked at Draco, her face hidden with amusement. "Guys... CHILDREN!" She said loudly as the rest of the group looked at her. "You sound like Hermione," Theo stated.

Hermione turned on him, smacking him with a book. "Shut." Whack! "It." She puffed her cheeks out in anger. Blaise and Ron walked into the library with the ginger hiding behind the black-haired one.

"Nice hickey's," Luna commented. Ron blushed brightly as he hid his face in Blaise's neck. Laughs went around the large room. "Oh, Merlin... Are you limping?" Theo cackled.

"Fuck off." Growled Ron. "What did you do to his wrists?" Harry cackled. "Not the handcuffs," Blaise smirked.

"Hey, all of you fuck off." Ron crossed his arms and pouted. "You love-" Everyone stilled when Pansy slammed her hand down on the table.

"The actual Purebloods will teach you how it's done. Sit down and grab a book!" She stated as Draco handed out books. Blaise stood next to him but Theo sat down. "I'm not good at teaching." He stated as Neville gave him a look.

"Let's start...." Pansy stated. Harry opened his book to the first page, starting to read.

"The term 'pureblood' refers to a family or individual without Muggle (non-magic) blood. The concept is generally associated with Salazar Slytherin, one of the four founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, whose aversion to teaching anybody of Muggle parentage eventually led to a breach with his three fellow founders, and his resignation from the school.

Slytherin's discrimination based on parentage was considered an unusual and misguided view by the majority of wizards at the time. Contemporary literature suggests that Muggle-borns were not only accepted but often considered to be particularly gifted.

Magical opinion underwent something of a shift after the International Statute of Secrecy became effective in 1692 when the magical community went into voluntary hiding following persecution by Muggles. This was a traumatic time for witches and wizards, and marriages with Muggles dropped to their lowest level ever known, mainly because of fears that intermarriage would lead inevitably to discovery, and, consequently, to a serious infraction of wizarding law."

Harry blinked as Hermione huffed. "This is unbelievable!" She cried. Pansy looked at her with a slight glimmer in her eyes. "I know love, but times are changing."

"No. This is unfair. One day I will out a change in this world." Hermione huffed as Pansy grabbed her, pulling the Gryffindor into her lap. Harry looked at her with a small smile. They already have changed the world but it wasn't in the best way since they were just children. He just continued reading his book with his mind filled with thoughts from Draco.

"Under such conditions of uncertainty, fear, and resentment, the pure-blood doctrine began to gain followers. As a general rule, those who adopted it were also those who had most strenuously opposed the International Statute of Secrecy, advocating instead an outright war on the Muggles. Increasing numbers of wizards now preached that marriage with a Muggle did not merely risk a possible breach of the new Statute, but that it was shameful, unnatural, and would lead to 'contamination' of magical blood.

As Muggle/wizard marriage had been common for centuries, those now self-describing as pure-bloods were unlikely to have any higher proportion of wizarding ancestors than those who did not. To call oneself pure-blood was more accurately a declaration of political or social intent ('I will not marry a Muggle and I consider Muggle/wizard marriage reprehensible') than a statement of biological fact.

Several works of dubious scholarship, published around the early eighteenth century and drawing partly on the writings of Salazar Slytherin himself, refer to supposed indicators of pureblood status, aside from the family tree. The most commonly cited signs were: onset of magical ability before the age of three, early (before aged seven) prowess on a broomstick, dislike or fear of pigs and those who tend them (the pig is often considered a particularly non-magical animal and is notoriously difficult to charm), resistance to common childhood illnesses, outstanding physical attractiveness and an aversion to Muggles observable even in the pure-blood baby, which supposedly shows signs of fear and disgust in their presence."

Draco snapped his fingers, Harry looked up at him. "The pig's thing is weird. I never understood the fear of such innocent animals." The blue-haired male stated. The Gryffindor shrugged as Blaise shook his head. "I am so afraid of them, they can eat anything Drake!"

"You're a child Zabini," Theo stated with a soft sigh. Blaise immediately snapped back, "At least I can-"

"Knock it off, boys," Hermione said breezily yet the two shut their mouths. "Okay, I'm giving you guys parchment. I want you to list every single Pureblood name you know. Then please return them to me after you're done."

Harry smirked and glanced up, Neville nodded towards him. The two started writing down on their parchment.

"Avery, Black, Bulstrode, Burke, Carrow, Crouch, Fawley, Flint, Gaunt, Potter, Lupin, Greengrass, Lestrange
Longbottom, Macmillan, Malfoy, Nott
Ollivander, Parkinson, Prewett, Rosier, Rowle, Selwyn, Shacklebolt, Shafiq, Slughorn, Travers, Weasley, and Yaxley."

"Pansy, here," Harry stated. The Slytherin took his paper and scanned it with a smirk. "You could pass as a Pureblood, if you don't teach your kids this stuff I'm kidnapping them each weekend until they turn eleven." She stated.

Harry rolled his eyes, ignoring everyone as he continued reading. He could sense that Hermione and Blaise were going at something as Ron sat there laughing his head off.

"Successive studies produced by the Department of Mysteries have proven that these supposed hallmarks of Pureblood status have no basis. Nevertheless, many Purebloods continue to cite them as evidence of their own higher status within the wizarding community.

In the early 1930s, a 'Pureblood Directory' was published anonymously in Britain, which listed the twenty-eight truly, pure-blood families, as judged by the unknown authority who had written the book, with 'the aim of helping such families maintain the purity of their bloodlines. The so-called 'Sacred Twenty-Nine' comprised the families."

"Holy Merlin, Twenty-Nine families." Ron gaped. Blaise smiled and kissed the side of his head gently. Ron locked their hands together as the two Gryffindors kept reading.

"A minority of these families publicly deplored their inclusion on the list, declaring that their ancestors certainly included Muggles, a fact of which they were not ashamed. Most vocally indignant was the numerous Weasley family, which, despite its connections with almost every old wizarding family in Britain, was proud of its ancestral ties to many interesting Muggles. Their protests earned these families the opprobrium of advocates of the Pureblood doctrine, and the epithet 'blood traitor'."

"Which is my classification." Ron sighed softly. "Not anymore, you are ruling with us Pureblods now. If anyone has anything to say about it then I'll personally torture them." Pansy stated before Blaise could even open his mouth.

"Hey, Hermione control your girlfriend!" Blaise complained. Harry laughed before he got his book shoved in his face.

"Over subsequent decades and centuries, the number of mixed marriages began to climb again until the healthy levels of today, and this has not led to the widespread discovery of the hidden magical community. Professor Mordicus Egg, author of The Philosophy of the Mundane: Why the Muggles Prefer Not to Know, points out that Muggles in love generally do not betray their husbands or wives, and Muggles who fall out of love are jeered at by their community when they assert that their estranged partner is a witch or wizard."

"Well, that's a bloody rough thing innit?" Neville hummed softly. Pansy just rolled her eyes as Theo nodded, "Haven't the faintest of clues."

"The reverse appears to be true. Where families adhered consistently to the practice of marrying within a very small group of fellow witches and wizards, mental and physical instability and weakness seem to result."

"I would like you to write down many potions that would help witches and wizards with illnesses," Pansy instructed as she handed out another parchment. Harry started writing but Draco took the paper. "No way you know these." The Gryffindor scoffed and glared at the blue-haired Slytherin. "Dray?"

"What?"

Harry rolled his eyes, ignoring Draco completely. "Guys let's go. We can study in Sirius' room without someone overlooking our smarts."

The group left Draco, Theo, Blaise, and Pansy in the library. "Great job Draco. You pissed him off." Luna huffed while snatching Harry's parchment. "He got them all down. These are the most important names!"

Draco made a face. "He's mad." This earned him a smack on the back of the head by Blaise. "Who knew Malfoy's were so oblivious?" Theo stated with a loud sigh.

"Shut it, Nott!" Draco snapped.

====

Harry had ignored Draco at every cost he could. Going as far as sleeping in the drawing-room with Teddy. Luna had snapped at Draco three times since he hadn't set his pride aside to talk to the Gryffindor.

Ginny and Hermione snapped at Harry for being a coward and not trying to talk to the other. That is until the group came up with a brilliant idea. Mostly on Hermione and Ginny's idea but still!

"Come on we'll talk about the summer plans in your room. Draco's with Pansy and Blaise in the library." Hermione stated.

At the same time, Pansy was talking with Draco about his Potions Mastery. She complained about how she was sitting and then finally she stood up. "Let's go to your room to talk about this," Pansy stated.

The two males were lured to their room, Harry looked at Draco with a scowl and turned to leave. The door slammed and locked the two inside of the room. "Bloody bastards!"

"Harry-"

"Not right now Draco." Harry snapped but Draco silenced him with a glare. "I am truly sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or anything, just... This is so new to me. I wasn't expecting you to know that many potions and I am so sorry I overlooked your knowledge about it."

The Gryffindor puffed out his cheeks as he sat down. He crossed his arms as he turned away from the other. Draco groaned softly, rubbing his eyes. "We are having this conversation and that is final."

"Draco what hurts the most is that after proving that I knew everything... You still didn't trust me." Harry finally snapped. "Harry I am sorry for doing that, I never knew I was hurting your feelings as you never brought it up!"

"I thought we were at a level where we didn't need to outright say everything." The Gryffindor huffed loudly as he stood up on the bed and started jumping.

"Potter stop being a child!" Draco snapped. Harry stopped jumping on the bed, "So now we're going back to the last names? Really? That's a low blow even for you."

Draco bit his lip as Harry stepped down from the bed. "You're ridiculous." The Gryffindor seethed before the Slytherin took him by the waist and kissed him gently.

Harry tried to push away but gave up. He leaned in and held the other with a tight grip. The two separated and the Gryffindor set his face in the other's neck. "I'm sorry for being a dick."

"No love, I am," Draco whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.7K 2K 59
In a world where everyone has a mark that represents and matches with their soul mates mark. Harry Potter, an unloved boy with no parents, feels lik...
12K 348 22
"Ugh.." Harry groaned. "What happened?" Draco asked "I-... I really want you to fuck me..." Harry said, looking fraught into Draco's eyes. After a fe...
9.9K 171 27
Harry and Draco are both famous, now. Harry because he's the boy who lived and ultimately the killer of Moldy Voldy, ofc. And Draco because he makes...