I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 28

54.8K 2.2K 323
By shruthii

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY to all Indians :D

Just watched the beautiful republic day parade and it was awesome as usual :D

And THANK-YOU, Thanks a lot. I am overwhelmed by the response I received for the last chapter :) You guys are the best :D

BTW, Chapter 28 is here and it is dedicated to @Jusha15 :D

Pic on the side is of>>>>

****

“Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” 
― Mary Manin Morrissey

TEMPLAR P.O.V

My child!

My own child had to be sacrificed! Why? The ocean became a blur to me as my eyes flooded with tears. As the shock of what they did to my baby, registered, I felt like my heart was breaking into thousands and thousands of minute pieces, unable to be repaired.

A sudden hollow feeling sank in and I felt my skin turn cold. Blinking, I let a tear drop loose from my eyes. Taking a breath, I slowly lowered my head and glanced at my stomach.

My baby!

I placed a hand on my stomach, but I felt nothing. My baby would have still been there had they not taken it away from me.

My baby, who died protecting me. My baby, who was killed for no fault of his own. My baby, who was punished for something he didn’t do.

As all those bitter truths sank in, I shed more and more tears. I closed my eyes and wept over everything. Initially, it was soft silent tears but then it turned into loud choky sobs. Opening my eyes, I threw my head back and screamed. Pressing my stomach, I screamed again.

They took my baby away from me. They punished my baby for my sins. My innocent child had to suffer.

For endless moment, I sat there and wept and wept and wept, letting it all out. The thought that my unborn child died protecting me was even more painful for me to bear.

Just when I thought, I was dried of tears, more and more would come out. In the end, I was leaning against a rock, with my knees pulled up to my chest and my chin resting on them.

I was sitting in the shore, reading a book, when someone sneaked from behind and covered my eyes with their hands.  I smiled because I knew who it was.

“Oh! Who is it?” I feigned being oblivious. As an answer, all I received was excited chuckle. “Hmm… Everett?” I said teasingly.

“No” the answer in a supposed manly voice, was followed by some delightful giggles.

“Jan?” I asked well aware that it wasn’t her.

“No” there was another shout of delightful laughter.

“Hmm… who is it then?” I queried biting my bottom lip. Then suddenly, I gasped and said, “Is it my precious baby?” I asked and immediately the hands that covered my eyes dropped.

I turned around to see my son. He was beautiful. A solid little boy with black hair like Everett’s, and brown eyes and creamy skin, just like mine. Squealing, he hurled himself at me. Encircling my arms around my son, I hugged him tightly and inhaled his gorgeous scent.

“So beautiful” I murmured smoothing his dark curly hair.

“Home” he said grinning and I nodded. I stood up, carrying my son in my arms and started making way towards our house. “No” my son said and I looked at him in confusion. He started squirming in my arms, wanting to be let down. Sighing, I lowered him to the ground.

“There” he said pointing to his right. I followed his gaze and frowned when I saw that it was an everlasting path.

“That’s not the way to home” I told my son, shaking my head.

“My home” he said happily.

“No” I said shaking my head.

“Yes” he said resolutely.

“Baby…”

“I want to go to my home” he said and I paled. I saw where he was pointing at. I couldn’t see where it was leading but to the end of my view there was bright gleaming silver light coming from there.

“No” I said holding his soft small hands in mine and never wanting to loosen the hold. I didn’t want him leaving me.

“You have to let me go mama” he said with a smile and I gulped, while my eyes started brimming with tears. I didn’t want him going there. I want him to stay with me.

“Don’t go” I said falling on my knees, in front of my child. Tears started dripping from my eyes.

Pouting his lower lip, my son took a step towards me and gently wiped my cheeks. “I cry if you cry” he said staring at my eyes. His gaze pierced my soul and sniffing, I nodded and wiped my tears. I didn’t want my son crying… ever!

I stared at the road and then at my son, who was curiously staring at me, waiting for my decision. It was clear in his eyes that he wanted to go. I had no right to stop him especially when I knew he would be happy there. “Go” I permitted in a barely audible voice. He beamed and wrapped his arms around me. For few seconds, we stayed like that.

I enjoyed the last few moments I had with my son.

“I love you mama” he said with a smile, pulling back and slowly, hesitantly, I let go of his hand. Turning, he started running down that road, the end of which had silver light. I knew my baby would be happy there.

“I love you baby” I whispered staring at his retreating figure.

If I wanted my child to be happy in his new home then I should let him go… happily!

When I regained consciousness, I could hear birds chirping. Blinking and moisturizing my bottom lip, with my tongue, I sat up and looked around. I had slept in that hard rock and because of it; my neck and my back were aching badly.

I looked up only to find the sun rising in the horizon. The stars were disappearing one after the other, while the birds sang in tune, welcoming a new day.

A new day it is going to be.

For nearly ten minutes, I sat there watching the beautiful sunrise panorama. When I felt my eyes brimming with tears, I quickly wiped them. I had shed enough of tears. It’s time I make my baby’s transgressor shed some of those.

Taking a deep breath, I stood up and then dived into the ocean. I swam using my inhumane speed and just when I was close to the shore, I shifted into my wolf.

I spotted Everett first, when I was out of the shore. He stood up as soon as he saw me.

‘Good morning’ I said through the link.

“Good morning” he said smiling and gently rubbing my big head with his palm and then slowly tracing his fingers on my soft snow white fur. I closed my eyes enjoying the warmth he was providing me. “Let’s go home” he said and I nodded. I ran to our house, with Rett and once I reached there, I saw Jan, Keith and Terence, who were sitting on the porch, waiting for me.

“You are back” Jan said happily, with tears in her eyes. Keith and Terence smiled at me, before slowly patting my back.

“She needs to rest” Rett added pushing open our house door.

‘I will talk to you guys later’ I told them through the link.

“Yeah, Alright. We will come later” Terence said while I walked inside the house.

Once I was in our room, I shifted back and then walked to the bathroom. As I saw my reflection in the mirror, I flinched because I looked like a scarecrow. After placing the towel on the counter, I stepped into the cubicle and turned on the shower.

As the fresh water touched my hot skin, I felt refreshed. For endless moment, I stood under the shower, letting the water clean every inch of me because I felt impure. I felt ugly because I knew I had committed a lot of sins, when I had been possessed.

What I had seen until now was what happened in that one week. What I am going to see tonight will be what I had done after that one week till yesterday. I knew if what happened in one week was bad, what happened after that one week will be even worse.

I emerged from the shower, with a towel wrapped around me. After that, I brushed my teeth and then changed into a fresh set of clothes. As I entered the room, Rett was already there, waiting for me.

“You want breakfast?” I queried drying my hair with the towel.

“It’s too early for breakfast” he said with a smile, which I returned after checking the time and seeing that it was only 6:30 A.M. “Sleep until then” he advised.

“You too” I told him noticing the dark circles under his eyes. He looked exhausted and I know he had gone through a lot when I was possessed.

Sighing, I climbed on the bed and draped the cover over me. Rett followed and wrapped his arms around me. My back was pressed against his chest and his nose nestled on my hair.

Using our mind link, I connected with him. First my wolf howled loudly and then his wolf returned the howl. Gulping, I closed my eyes and placed my hand over his, which was resting on my stomach. Through the mating bond, I shared everything I did in that past one week with him.

I felt Rett’s hand tighten around my waist when I shared with him what happened to our baby. His whole body was shaking and he was growling in anger. His claws started digging on my skin but I didn’t open my eyes. It was only after I heard the sounds of his clothes ripping that my eyes flew open and I turned to face him.

When I saw him, I noticed that he was already on the verge of shifting.

“Stay with me” I whispered chokily and when Rett’s dark eyes met mine, something flashed and immediately they returned back to their pacific blue. He calmed down instantly and then rested his forehead on my shoulders.

For a long, long time, we sat in our bed mourning together, for our unborn child, days after losing him.

Afternoon, I was sitting in the living room, with Rett, when Keith came rushing to the house.

“Adio wants to leave” he said and Rett immediately stood up.

“What? Why?” he demanded already making his way towards the door, with me following him closely.

“He didn’t say anything to me. I think he might talk to you” Keith mumbled. “How are you?” Keith asked hugging me and kissing the top of my head.

“I am fine” I replied honestly.

“I am sorry, about yesterday” Keith added and I shook my head. Rett had already apologized like a hundred times in the past five hours.

“Don’t apologize. I know I got my wolf only because of that” I said. “How is Trudy?” I questioned, desperate to change the topic.

“She is fine. She wants to meet you” he said.

“I will visit later” I told him.

Adio and his son, were all dressed and packed and were already near the driveway waiting for us, while Terence and January were weakly attempting to ask him to stay a while longer.

“There is no point in us staying here any longer” Adio said to Terence.

“Adio” I called him and then his eyes met mine. His golden eyes gleamed in delight when it met mine. I knew Adio was not human, I knew he was a mystic. Rett had told me everything about how and where he met Adio and also what Adio did to help me get back my wolf.

“Templar” he said in the same tone, taking my small hands in his large ones. “I’m glad to see you fine” he said and I smiled. I knew that Adio played a major part in helping me get back my wolf and I didn’t know how to thank him for that.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” I asked Adio in a whisper. “Alone” I said looking at Rett, who nodded.

“Lead the way” Adio said extending his hand.

I walked towards the driveway, with Adio following me. I gulped when I turned to face him. He was just like me- Rett had told me that.

“I… I want to…” I began nervously, but Adio cut me off.

“There is no need to thank me, Templar. When I promised your mate, I will help you get back your wolf, I also made him promise something to me” he said and my eyes widened.

“Y-you did?” I stuttered.

Adio nodded slowly. “I shall ask what I want, very soon” he stated and I blinked. “Right now, your mate, your family, your pack, your kind needs you” he announced. “Guide them in the right way. Do not repeat the wrongs you once did” he said and I looked at him in confusion.

“Wr-wrongs?” I repeated unsurely.

“You have done lots of them” he said and I swallowed audibly. “Hence you were paying for it, all these days. Go, ask your mother, and she will tell you all” he stated and gently placed his hand over my head.

I lowered my head and bowed in respect to this mystical person.

“We are blessed with powers Templar, which makes us different from others. Our creators give us those powers with the belief that we make right use of it. As their children, it is our duty to make right use of those powers. But sometimes, we lose focus, we let ourselves forget who we really are and then we commit the wrong. When we do something like that, our creators make sure, we realize our mistakes” he imparted softly and I nodded in understanding.

“Have you also done something wrong?” I queried nervously, craning my neck, a lot, to lock gazes with Adio’s golden eyes. He was like a tall tower.

“Once, when I was your age” he said and I furrowed my brows. Adio smiled before saying, “I was overcome with egoism. I thought the world revolved around me” he said amused. “I thought everyone was beneath me. I did a lot of things at that time. Things, which I regretted doing. I was supposed to lead my kind and lead them, I did. But I was a leader, whom everyone feared, not respected” he continued and I sucked in a breath.

His story sounded familiar to someone else’s story. Someone, whom I can see only if I stand in front of a mirror.

“Patricia, the former white-wolf, she heard about me. She heard what I was doing and so, she chose to come and guide me to a right path. Not only did I disregard her advice, I also disrespected her. Belittled her and laughed at her, in front of my tribe. Of course, back then, when I was filled with ego, I didn’t know that I was disrespecting a highly esteemed she-wolf. A leader, whose only aim in life was to serve for the welfare of the others. It was too late, to realize my mistake, because by then she had already cursed me” Adio recalled in a small, flat voice.

Taking a deep breath, he looked me in the eye and said, “Patricia knew, my ego was because of all the powers I had and she took that very powers from me” he announced. Gasping, I covered my mouth with my hands.

Adio smiled, while he saw my reaction. “The same thing happened to you Templar, in a different way” he pointed out and dimly, I realized that what he said was true. I had lost my powers for few days too.

“I begged for her forgiveness, and at that time, she listed all the wrongs I have done. I have never loathed myself more than I did at that moment” Adio pleated with a flinch and I felt a wave of sympathy for him.

Sighing, Adio continued, “The curse couldn’t be taken back, but it was mitigated. Patricia said I would get my powers back, the day I save someone’s life.” Adio then looked at me and smiled, “I had waited one hundred and seventy-nine years for you” he added.

“That long?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“For my sins, I don’t think it was that long” he replied.

“How do you feel now?” I queried.

“At peace” he said gently. “Attain your peace too” he added. “Take care Templar” with that said, Adio turned to leave.

“You are leaving… just like that?” Rett asked Adio, with furrowed brows after shaking hands with him. I walked and stood next to him, wondering what was bothering him.

“Yes” Adio said and Rett frowned. “I do remember Mr. Green” Adio added. “I have fulfilled my part of the deal and I’ll call you, when I wish for you to fulfill your part of the deal” Adio said before getting inside his car.

I wondered what he wanted. I think it had more to do with me than Rett.

Rett wrapped an arm around my waist, while I rested my head on his shoulder and stared at the moving car until it vanished from our view. Taking a deep breath, I craned my neck to look at Rett and found him lost in thoughts.

“What’s bothering you?” I questioned, even though I kind of knew what was bothering him.

“I still can’t figure out what Adio wants” Rett said exactly the same thing I thought he would say. “And for some reason, I think I am not going to like what he is going to say” Rett sighed.

“It might not be that bad” I soothed. Taking a deep breath, I held his hands with mine and then said, “I want to meet Trudy.”

Rett looked at me, smiled and nodded. Standing on my toes, I pecked him in the lips.

“Templar” Trudy said happily when she saw me near the door. Rushing forward, I hugged and kissed her on the cheeks. Pulling back, I stared at her rotund tummy. “I am so glad you got your wolf back. I told you everything will be fine” she proclaimed and I nodded with a smile.

“How are you?”

“Healthy as a horse” she beamed slowly patting her tummy.

“The baby is due for next week right?” I queried.

“Yes. One more week” she sighed and then when I saw her, I realized just how exhausted she looked. Keith had already told me that she couldn’t do any work.

“Come sit” she said patting the seat next to her. For the next half-an-hour, I was chatting nineteen to dozen with Trudy.

Rett called me through the link later and asked me to come near the clearing. I gulped as I heard it because yesterday, he had challenged me in a clearing. The fear was unnecessary because I knew why Rett and my friends did so.

“Go” Trudy said when she saw me.

“Sorry?”

“The pack is waiting for you” she beamed and I nodded softly. “Kickass” she cheered and laughing, I walked towards the clearing.

There my whole pack was waiting for me.

The moment I stepped on the stage, they cheered and howled happily. My eyes flooded immediately. When Rett noticed it, he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me towards him. “They want you to give them some sort of assurance” he whispered near my ears. Lowering my head, I nodded and looked at my pack members. I looked at Jan, Keith, Terence, Ophelia, Cam, Sveta, Luka, Ben, Mike, Theo, Marissa, Molly, Edward… everyone! Everyone, who was waiting for me to say something… something positive, something that would assure them that their pack, is safe.

Taking a deep breath, I took a step forward and stared at my pack, my family.

“I know I have hurt every one of you in some way or the other, these past weeks. If you shall find it in you to forgive me and give me a chance to rectify my mistakes, fix everything that I have done wrong, then I shall forever be in your debt” I said.

“We should be the one who has to ask your forgiveness” Jan spoke all of a sudden and I shot her a puzzled look.

Why would they ask for forgiveness? I looked at Rett, who just smiled at me.

“We were selfish” Keith said and I frowned.

“You are a leader Templar, not just for our pack, but for our kind” Ophelia stated.

“What happened was more our fault than yours” Rett said and I gulped.

“No. It isn’t” I tried to contradict.

“It is” Terence said. “If you shall find it in you to forgive us, then we shall forever be indebted to you.” Everyone started agreeing with what he said and I shook my head. But none of my pack members were ready to listen to me. I still didn’t understand why they blamed themselves. What wrong had they done?

Wrong was done by me! Adio had told so.

Rett caught my arms, before I could leave. Cupping my face, he forced me to look at him. “You didn’t yet find answers to all your questions. Now is the time, go and seek those answers” he murmured looking me in the eye. My wolf whined softly while I nodded in agreement.

“I will be waiting for you. The pack will be waiting for you” he said placing a kiss on my forehead. Smiling softly, I turned to leave towards the beach.

“We will always be with you” Jan imparted softly. Turning to look at her, I nodded once before running towards the beach.

I was in the same rock, sitting in the same position and taking deep breaths. My mind had vivid images in it, but as I continued focusing on my own breath, everything disappeared one after the other, on its own accord, until there was nothing going on in my head.

It was complete dark for a fraction of a second until bright silver light emitted from front. It was so bright that I had to cover my eyes with my arms. When the radiance of the light, reduced, I slowly lowered my head and kept fluttering my lashes, until my vision was clear.

And then I saw the moon goddess’s statue of my own pack. Saw how I stood in the lawn and burned it down. Saw, how I wrote the message on the door; saw how I shot an arrow towards my mother’s statue.

I couldn’t bear to see it and so, I fell on my knees and held my head in my hands.

I am such a terrible person. How could I have done that to Goddess? How could I do such a wrong?

“You didn’t do that my child” the familiar soft, angelic voice said and slowly, I raised my head.

The Goddess!

I couldn’t see her, but I knew she could see me. She was always watching me, but yet, she didn’t stop me from doing all this. Why? Did I deserve to get punished? Is hurting my own deity the punishment for my sins?

“Look again” the Goddess said and hesitantly, I raised my lashes.

The temple lawn was burnt, the horrible message was written on the door and an arrow was shot towards the mother’s statue, but this time, it wasn’t me who was doing all this. It was Drew Ryker. The very same rogue who used to possessed my body during night.

He was the one who did all this bad things, not me, but I was like a vessel to him. He was sent to hell for every wrong thing he did. I was punished here for every wrong thing I did.

“Drew is the real wrongdoer here my child” she said and this time, I was in a room, the floor of which looked like a chessboard. The moon Goddess was standing in the balcony, holding the railing and looking outside, at the stars. She had her back to me and hence all I could see was the mane of her long black hair.

My eyes brimmed with tears of happiness when I saw her. I have never stayed this long from her and I would prefer not to stay away from her, ever again.

“If I am not the wrongdoer then… why? Why did all this have to happen? Why did I have to lose my baby?” I asked still kneeling on the floor and watching her.

“You dropped the first apple” she said and my eyes widened as the realization sank in. The apple! She had thrown an apple towards me, the last time I met her and I had dropped that first apple. I remember, watching that apple shatter into million pieces and disappear like it was never thrown at me.

Gasping, I covered my mouth with my hands.

“It was never yours” she soothed but I shook my head.

“My child was an innocent” I screamed while tears rolled down my cheeks.

“And it died an innocent. If that child would have been born, then it would have been an evil one. Had they failed to put Drew’s spirit inside you, then they would have targeted your child” she said and I gasped. “They would have been successful and if that would have happened, then your baby would have killed you first. It would have torn your stomach to get out” she added and I sucked in a breath. “To protect you, that child had to be sacrificed. If it had been born, then it would have killed all my other children.”

My baby was to be sacrificed so that I could get a second chance in life? If my baby had been born, then he would have been so bad that there would have been no future for our kind.

“Your baby chose not to become a monster and hence, sacrificed its own life. By doing so and by you letting him go, his spirit has found peace and he had attained salvation” she finished gently.

I should be happy for my child right? I should be happy and even feel proud. My baby, he chose to sacrifice his life and save others. I am proud of my child and I will ensure, my child’s sacrifice doesn’t go waste. I was happy and sad at the same time.

Wiping my tears, I smiled softly. I was happy that my child had found his peace.

“What wrong did I do mother?” I wanted the answer to this question. Ever since Adio said I had done wrongs, I wanted to know what wrongs I did.

“Your one and only mistake my child, is lying by omission” she announced and I blinked, totally confused. “You would have been forgiven, had you lied for the welfare of others, but your real motive for lying was purely selfish” she said and I winced, even though I didn’t know what lie she was referring to.

“Lying about what?” I asked perplexed.

“Lying about your true identity to your kind” she answered and I inhaled sharply. I had lied about the truth of my identity because I didn’t want other Alphas’ coming after me… The moon Goddess was right! My motives for lying were selfish.

“You lied that you are a white wolf to everyone. Your pack supported you while you were lying and they suffered for it too. You lied that you are a white wolf, to your mate and when he finally came to know the truth, even he encouraged you to keep it a secret. He too suffered for it. Your friends who supported you, your family, everyone suffered in their own way. But it is you, who suffered the most, because you made the wrong decision” she stated and I gulped. “It is now, only after your child had been sacrificed that you realized what your mistake is” she said and I winced. “You are a white wolf. You were born not just to kill the son of evil, but also for the welfare of your kind.”

“Can you hear it?” the goddess asked and I looked at her in confusion and then the sounds reached my ears. They were not just screams. They were sounds of anguish, hatred, pain, begging, injustice mixed with many other sounds of distress.

“Stop it” I begged covering my ears with my hands. I couldn’t hear them. They were torturous.

After a few seconds, the sounds faded. But I could still hear them and it was a surprise, my ears weren’t bleeding.

“What was it?” I asked the goddess in a whisper, dropping my hands.

“They are my children, all of them, asking for my help. There were so many of my children, who were in trouble and who would often ask for a miracle to happen-” the moon goddess began, in a soft shaky voice, and I stiffened. “-who would shed tears while praying, who wanted help. As my daughter, it was your duty to help them, but where were you? You never cared what happened in other packs? You never cared about my other children. You had the strength, the power to help them, but you never once extended your hand towards them. Never once bothered to look at them or even cared about them.”

My skin felt cold and my hands were shaking, while tears rolled down my cheeks continuously. I could hear my heart drumming in my chest as I swallowed audibly. I felt sick because I was scared.

Slowly, I raised my lashes to look at the goddess. She was facing me, but the silver light, emitting from her was so bright that I couldn’t see anything except for the hem of her white dress.

There was complete silence for a long time. I was just staring at the space, but my vision was a blur because my eyes were flooded with unshed tears. At last, when I couldn’t hold any more tears, I sniffed audibly and closed my eyes. My whole body was in pain and I slowly placed my hand over my chest.

“A sorry, no matter how sincere it is, does not even begin to tally with my list of sins” I began in a hoarse voice, which quivered every now and then. “I know I have not lived up to your expectations, but please give me once chance mother. One chance to do the right thing” I begged.

I really, really needed this chance and if given this chance, then I am going to rectify all my mistakes.

“Granted” the goddess announced and I heaved a sigh. Slowly wiping my tears, I stood up.

The silver light emitting from the goddess slowly started radiating around. When the rays of the light fell over me, I closed my eyes because of its brightness. My skin tingled when I felt the heat of the light rays on my skin. There were sounds of soft chimes, which brought a smile to my face.

I opened my eyes and gasped when I saw my dress. My knee-length off shoulder dress was now replaced by a white lace, floor length A-line dress that had the similar ocean blue silk tie around the waist.

“You are no longer an adolescent my child. So, it’s now time that you start taking your responsibilities, help your own kind and be the leader that they all want” the goddess blessed. Placing a hand on my chest, I lowered my head and bowed in front of my deity.

“I will not disappoint you again, mother” I stated honestly.

“I know you will not” she said and I smiled. “Go, you have to welcome someone” her voice was a whisper before it completely faded away.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and stared at the ocean in front of me. I stood up and stared at the wide ocean in me. I stared at the waves that rose and fell, smiled blissfully when the saline water splashed on my face. I watched the fishes leaping out and diving back into the water.

Staring at the ocean, my haven, I swore that I will not return here until I fulfill my responsibility. My wolf growled in agreement. My thoughts were her thoughts and like me, she too didn’t want to disappoint her mother, ever again.

The moon goddess was right; it’s time to be the leader everyone wants.

A leader worthy of their respect!

Smirking I dived into the ocean and swam all the way towards the shore. Everett, was once again waiting for me. I was surprised to see he was standing alone because I thought others would be waiting for me too. However, I didn’t feel disappointed either.

Smiling, I walked towards my mate. As soon as I was close enough to him, he enclosed an arm around my waist, pulled me closer to himself and lowering his handsome head, captured my parted lips with his.

My hands which were cupping Rett’s face moved back until I caught a fistful of his dark hair. My heart raced wildly, passionately while his tongue plunged into my mouth. I moaned softly while he tightened his hold and brought me closer to his muscular frame.

The kiss lasted for a while and when I pulled away, I was huffing and puffing for air. The kiss was amazing and it even had my wolf sigh. She was content… for now!

Resting my forehead against his, so that our noses were colliding against each other, I asked Rett, “Where are the others?”

“Oh!” Rett said startled as if, all of a sudden, he remembered something. “Trudy went into labor an hour ago.”

****

I really, really hope you all liked this chapter :)

Next update on 3rd February.

Until then please vote, comment and follow :)

Love you all :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
444K 14.6K 28
11:59 pm "5" "4" "3" They chanted counting down to the moment Ares will meet his mate. "2" "1" Sparks erupted in my heart making me gasp and fall ont...
17.8M 523K 50
"I don't want you to mark me" I said quickly. "Why?" he asked me, his tone seemed calm but i knew he was far from it. "I have a commitment towards my...
24.4K 1.3K 72
Ranked #22 in Isolation 07/25/2023 "I'm not mate material. You're better off without me." My heart clenched at his words and my wolf whined internall...