Chapter 14

HAPPY DEEPAWALI TO ALL :D

On this auspicious day I wish you all success, happiness and prosperity :D

God Bless!

Chapter 14 for you :)

This chapter is dedicated to @GraceSClarke for the beautiful cover on the side >>> Thanks Komal :)

Please read the synopsis of THE SHREWD WOLVES posted at the end :)

****

“No one blames her.”

“That never matters,” said

Alec. “Not when you blame

Yourself.”

Cassandra Clare, City of Lost

Souls (The Mortal Instruments,#5)

TEMPLAR P.O.V

I woke up to hear Everett shouting at full volume from downstairs. Pushing back the covers, I rushed downstairs to see what pissed him off so much.

“This is the second time. Second time that someone has tried to attack the temple under your watch” He thundered at a shivering guard.

I stopped midway and gasped audibly. Everett, Cam and the guard, Klaus all turned to look at me. “The temple has been attacked?” I asked in shock. “Second time? Why wasn’t I informed the first time?” I demanded staring at Rett.

“You were already tense, I didn’t want to worry you” Rett whispered and I winced. It hurt every time.

“I deserved to know” I said feebly. “What exactly happened?” I questioned.

“The first time, someone burned the lawn and last night, someone left a message on the temple door” Keith said agitatedly. “I don’t know how they are getting this far into the territory”

“Klaus swears that he didn’t see anyone crossing the territory” Cam added and I looked at Klaus.

“I do my duty well. I don’t sleep at night and neither do my boys” Klaus, a forty year old chief guard of the pack territory spoke in a whisper.