Safety Pins | Michael Clifford

By taylor_greyy

The bane of my existence is myself, I hold myself back from things out of fear even though I am capable of wo... More

Character Introductions
May 2018
June 2018
July 2018
September 2018
December 2018
January 2019
February 2019
March 2019
June 2019
July 2019
August 2019
December 2019
February 2020
April 2020
May 2020
June 2020
July 2020
September 2020

July 2020 (2)

29 0 0
By taylor_greyy

~ The next morning ~

| Emily's POV |

I open my eyes having to squint due to the bright light coming through my window. I roll over to find an empty spot in bed where my husband normally slept.

I slowly get out of bed and put on the clothes that I find on the floor, Calum's boxers, and the button-down he wore to the wedding yesterday.

Walking into our living room I yell, "Calum?"

No response. I pull out my phone to text him.

| iMessage |

Emily
Hey Babe, where are you?

Calum
I just pulled into the driveway :D

Hearing the garage door open and the sound of Calum getting out of his car.

"Hey babe," Calum said walking in with Starbucks.

"You got Starbucks without me," I said slightly disappointed.

"Nope I got Starbucks for you, I waited to drink any of mine till you had yours," Calum said handing me my drink. "Venti Iced Chai with 3 pumps of vanilla."

"So do you have any plans for the day?" I asked taking a sip of my drink.

"Well we have the show tonight and I have to be in the arena by noon, is there anything you wanna do?" Calum asked.

"Well, I was kinda disappointed when I woke up and you weren't there," I said slowly walking up to Calum.

"And why was that Mrs. Hood?" Calum said pulling me in by the waist.

"Well, I was hoping that we could have some more, fun."

"Oh really, what kind of fun?" Calum asked teasing me.

"Well, you see there is this thing that we did last night that we haven't been able to do in a while."

"Why haven't you been able to do it in a while? Huh?" Calum said pulling me in even closer.

"Well because somebody has to be a rockstar."

"Who is this rocks-"

"For fucks sake Calum, can we not spend all day on the foreplay? I want to be able to get lunch before the show,"

"Of course princess, Jump," Calum commanded. I jumped up, and he picked me up, his arms under my thighs, and carried me to the bedroom.

| Luke's POV |

Sitting down at the table with Danielle I say, "Hey have you thought about where you want to go for the honeymoon?"

"I'm not sure, I don't want it to be too expensive."

"Danielle, I told you, you don't have to worry about the money. Okay, I mean I'm not super-rich but I have enough money to give you whatever kind of wedding you want," I said reaching for her hand and squeezing it lightly.

"I just feel bad ya know, I'm between jobs right now, and I just feel bad."

"Dani, it's okay, I promise. If you could go anywhere in the world for 2 weeks, where would you want to go?" I asked.

"Anywhere?" Danielle asked taking another bite of her waffles.

"Anywhere."

"Germany," Danielle decided after thinking for a few minutes.

"Where in Germany? What do you wanna do there?" I asked.

"Well, there is actually this 4-day long backpacking trip that I've always wanted to do,"

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, I met some people that had done it with a large group and I think it would be really cool to do, and then after we could go to Munich, and explore Southern Germany!"

"If that's what you are wanting my love, we shall do it. I'll look at flights while on the bus tomorrow. You are coming to the show tonight right?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm with Elodie and Meredith and Emily."

"I'm super excited to have you there, but to be honest I'm really nervous about it. I don't know it's just you haven't seen us perform on this tour and, I don't know, I'm just rambling-"

"Luke you are going to be fine, you are living your dream and I just get to be here to witness it. You will do great tonight," Danielle reassured me.

"I love you," I said getting up and clearing the table.

"I love you too Luke," Danielle said.

"I'm so fucking lucky," I said under my breath.

"What was that I didn't hear you?" she said.

"I was just saying that I was so lucky, to be with you. Did you know that I had a crush on you when we were kids? Like Jack would tease me about it. And now I'm here, getting to marry you and I just -"

"Luke, I liked you too, if that makes you feel any better," Danielle laughed, "Not like it matters now though. I mean we are getting married."

| Elodie's POV |

"MEREDITH, Where the fuck did you put my towel?" I yelled getting out of the shower and laughing.

"It's in here," Meredith said giggling in our bedroom.

"Meredith..." I whined.

"Fine...." she said walking into our bathroom holding my towel.

"Thank you, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked, taking the towel.

"Could we DoorDash Taco Bell, I wanted some last night but we got home from the wedding and passed out and I'm still craving a crunch wrap."

"Of course, don't forget we are going to the concert tonight, and we have to pack tomorrow."

"Okay, mom..." Meredith laughed.

"Hey..." I said like a sad puppy.

"Sorry."

"What are you wearing for the concert?" I yell towards the bedroom.

"I'm gonna wear my black jeans, tennis shoes, I think my gray crop top and maybe the pink jacket you got me for my birthday. What do you want from Taco Bell?" Meredith yelled back.

"Ummmm, get me 2 crunch wraps with chicken," I yell back.

| Olivia's POV |

"Hey, I just want to say sorry about last night I probably shouldn't have kissed you," Michael said coming up to me while I was using the fridge.

"Yeah I guess, you probably shouldn't be kissing your bandmate's sister. I won't tell him though."

"I mean why would you... It was just a kiss. Just because we kissed doesn't mean it has to mean anything." oh. It didn't mean anything. Great. That's just great

"Yeah it was just a kiss - I - um - I have to go get some stuff done and taken care of while we are here in town so I will see you later at the show."

"Oh, umm, do you remember what time I have to be at the arena?" Michael asked.

"You need to be there at 12," I said heading into my room to change out of my pajamas. I put on a sports bra and leggings and I grab my water bottle that I had made and I leave to go out for a run. It was just a kiss. It didn't mean anything to him. He doesn't like you, Olivia. For fucks sake you are probably just a rebound. How long ago did he get out of the relationship with Ocean? I mean that was a rebound kiss. It meant nothing to him. Stop caring about him. I feel warm liquid rolling down my face. NO CRYING! Tears stop. Hot girl summer. We weren't supposed to cry or care about boys in hot girl summer!

"Hey, wait up," I hear from behind me. I turn around to see a familiar face.

"Hey, Ryan, right?" I say.

"Yeah," the boy says. Ryan is one of our tour guitar technicians, "This is your first tour, right?"

"I mean, it's my first tour as a part of the staff," I said.

"As a part of the staff? Were you a groupie?" Ryan laughed.

"Not exactly, I have some family in the music industry, so I went on tour with them when I was 16," I explained.

"That's cool, whoever your family in the industry is, they must be pretty old..."

"I will let them know you said they were old."

"So, how has the tour been treating you?"

"I don't know. It's strange. I miss my dog and my apartment. But other than being homesick, it's been okay."

"Where do you call home?" Ryan, ask's.

"LA," I said.

"Would you maybe want to get dinner sometime?"

"Umm, I'm sorry I'm not really looking to go out with anyone right now, I just got majorly rejected."

"Oh, okay," Ryan said, irritated.

"I'm sorry," I said, rubbing my arm slightly uncomfortable.

After the show, I am grabbing my stuff and head out to the tour bus.

"Hey Olivia, could I talk to you?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, sure, what's up?" I said.

"Why were you talking with Ryan earlier?"

"What do you mean?"

"You and Ryan were together earlier, flirting."

"No, we weren't," I reassured him.

"I saw you and him flirting this morning. You don't have to lie to me!" Michael said the tension in his voice becoming apparent.

"Why do you care Michael, We aren't a thing. There is no us, there hasn't been for a long time." I raise my voice slightly, only to match the tone of voice he had.

"But Elodie's wedding. We kissed," Michael said in the same tone.

"To quote you, It was a stupid kiss that didn't mean anything," I said, disappointed.

"Did I really say that it meant nothing?" Michael said, his voice softening.

"Yeah-," my voice breaks, "nothing."

"So then you were just hanging out with him to make me jealous," Michael said.

"What are you on about? I don't understand! I'm telling you that there is nothing between him and me!" I started yelling again.

"Why would MY guitar tech be talking to MY ex-girlfriend?" Michael yelled back.

"I don't know. Maybe he actually was showing interest! Unlike some people, I know!"

"What the fuck does that mean!?!"

"I don't know, Michael, what does it mean? You are completely oblivious to anyone's feelings but your own!"

"What the fuck does that mean? It's obvious that you like Ryan-"

"You DUMBASS, I don't like Ryan! I like you!"

"You what?" Michael said, taken aback.

"I like you... I understand that you don't feel the same way. I'm not sure that I can do this right now so when we are done with these Mexico tour dates I'm gonna work from home for a little while since Zelda is back. I'll see you when the tour is over. In a few months"

"Oh-"

| Michael's POV |

*That night*

"Your friendship can survive her little crush. You just have to let her down easy," Luke said.

"How do I do that?" I asked.

"Be honest tell her how you feel."

"That won't work."

"Why not?"

"If I tell her how I feel she might get the impression that I want to get into a relationship. Which I don't know if I'm ready for right now."

"Why would she think that?"

"Because I'm... in love with her."

"What?!" Luke said surprised.

"Just a little bit."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.5K 2.4K 76
No one knows everything about anything. Somebody may think that, but let's face it, people have secrets. Lauren, a thirteen year old innocent child...
485K 11.7K 34
"Kelsey?" He took my hands in his. I couldn't look at him, it was too much. He shouldn't be here. I took in his physical state, his eyes were bloodsh...
1.7K 57 27
College. The four years that everything basically changes. Where there's parties, drinking, hookups, and anything else, you name it. A lot of people...
212K 3.8K 29
Maybe you thinking, having a 'thing' with someone who is practically family is bad, well Olivia denies this, never planned anything towards her child...