The Green Guardian

By Saintmaster24

Deep within the forest in an old temple lives the last gem that has believed to have gone extinct. But when S... More

1. The New Gem
3. Catch and Release
4. When It Rains
5. The Week of Distractions
6. The Second Prism
7. It Could Have Been Great
8. Message Received
9. Log Date 7 15 2
10. Super Watermelon Island
11. Gem Drill
12. Same Old World
13. Barn Mates
14. Hit The Diamond
15: Comforting Lapis
16. Alone At Sea
17. Reformation

2. Welcome to Beach City

7.8K 142 44
By Saintmaster24

Your P.O.V.

As we made our way out of the temple that I was trapped in, we found a way to an exit. And upon exiting the temple, I was met with a very bright and blinding light. It took me a moment to adjust to the light so I could get a more clear visual of my surroundings.

And it looked like we were surrounded by big wooded objects with small green things on them. As well as some weird green tentacle like things and some small green stuff on the ground. I have no idea what any of this stuff could be, and where we were. Then they lead me to some circular crystal thing that had seemed to be attached to the ground.

Y/n: Steven, what is this contraption?

Steven: Wait, you don't know what the warp pads are?

Y/n: No, it is either something I have forgotten or it just hasn't been created before I was imprisoned. So exactly how does this "warp pad" work?

Steven: Well, gems use it to travel to different parts of a planet.

Y/n: Interesting, so these "warp pads" are a form of teleportation devices?

Garnet: Correct.

Then Steven hoped onto the "warp pad" and gestured me to follow. So I did and he tried to explain how it was used.

Steven: Ok, so what you want to do is--

Bit before he could finish, the "warp pad" had already activated. And it had caught not only his attention, but the others attention as well.

Steven: Woah, how did you do that?

Y/n: Honestly, I just only thought of the name you said before Beach City. And it looks like this device transforms mass into light particles in order to transport them to a new location, clever.

Steven: Woah, I didn't know they worked like that. I just thought it was magic, did you guys know?

Amethyst: Steven, I barely remember what I did yesterday, let alone how the warp pads work.

Garnet: I didn't.

Steven: What about you, Pearl?

Pearl: In a way, yes, but the warp pads can be described in many different ways Steven.

This really seemed to interest Steven for some reason. It's as if he hardly knew anything about what gems are. After another minute or two, the light had died down. When it did, we were in some weird structure with all sorts of strange devices.

Steven: Welcome to the temple! This is the home for us gems, and now it's your home now too, Y/n.

I started to look around at all the weird devices they had. And I was really interested in what they were and how they worked. After a couple minutes of looking around, I found some weird wooden steps that lead to another level. When I arrived at the top, I had found some strange rectangular device.

Y/n: Steven, what is this weird rectangular device?

Steven: That's a bed, Y/n.

Y/n: What's a "bed?"

Steven: Its what humans use for sleep.

Y/n: What is "sleep?"

Steven: Well, you just lay down, close your eyes, and think about nothing.

None of these strange rituals really made any sense to me. I was about to ask if he could be more specific when Amethyst had gotten interested in me and Steven's conversation.

Amethyst: Yo, you guys taking a nap or something over here?

Y/n: What is a "nap?"

Steven: It's like sleep, but for a shorter period of time.

At this point, I was rubbing my forehead in frustration. All of this made no sense to me at all and I was starting to get a little annoyed. I was thinking about what exactly Steven meant, but they were interrupted by Amethyst patting my back.

Amethyst: Don't worry Y/n, you'll get the hang of it. Pearl even tried to sleep one time, so if she can do it, then you can do it. Right Pearl?

Pearl: I-I have no comment

Steven: So do you want to try sleeping?

Y/n: Perhaps later, right now I want to observe some of these strange objects.

Steven: Ok. Oh, before you do Y/n, can I ask you something?

Y/n: Sure.

Steven: What type of gem are you?

Amethyst: Yeah, what gem do ya got?

Garnet: I'm also interested as well.

Y/n: I'm not really sure.

Pearl: Well, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but it looks like your gem is a prisms gem.

Steven: Prism? I've never heard of that kind of gem before.

Pearl: That's because they're extremely rare gems Steven. As far as I'm aware, there was only three prisms ever made. And it's also rumored that they have multiple powers. So it looks like we found one if them, but I didn't know about one being a male gem.

Y/n: Interesting, what do you think happened to the other two?

Pearl: I'm not sure, like I said only three ever existed. So it's hard to say what happened to the other two.

Now I was curious on who these other two prisms could be. And if I was one of the only three in existence, then there was a chance i could be the only prism left if the other two are missing. Then I was pulled out of my thoughts when I had felt someone pulling on my arm. And I noticed it was Steven, and it had looked like he needed something.

Steven: If you want Y/n, I could show you around Beach City.

Pearl: Hold on, how can we be sure that this gem can be trusted?

Steven: Don't worry Pearl, we'll be fine. I was just going to show him around town, that's it.

Pearl: But how do we know that he won't try to kidnap you.

Y/n: What is "kidnap?"

Steven: I'll be fine, I promise.

Pearl: Garnet?

Garnet just stood there for a moment with a concentrated look. And it was a little awkward for a moment until she spoke up.

Garnet: They'll be fine.

Steven: Thank you Garnet. Let's go Y/n.

So Steven dragged me out of the temple to show me around Beach City. And the first thing that I saw was some weird stuff on the ground, and it was also surrounded by some weird blue liquid.

Y/n: What is this stuff Steven?

Steven: It's what humans call sand and we're on a beach, and the blue stuff is what we what we call an ocean.

Y/n: Ocean?

Steven: Yeah, it's really just water.

Y/n: And is the whole planet covered by this "sand" and "water?"

Steven: No, there's other places, like the forest we found you in. There's also some deserts, cities, the countryside and other places.

Y/n: Interesting.

Steven: Come on, there's one place I want to show you.

Y/n: Alright, lead the way.

Stevens P.O.V.

I started leading Y/n to one if my most favorite places in Beach City: The Big Doughnut. I was hoping to show Y/n the miracles of what The Big Doughnut had to offer. So after walking for about ten minutes or so, we arrived and Y/n just looked at the building confused.

Steven: What's wrong?

Y/n: Steven, what is a "doughnut?"

I was completely shocked that he never heard of a doughnut. I mean, I could understand why he never heard of one, but it still shocked me.

Steven: We have to change that right now and have you try one.

So I lead him inside and he looked around with curiosity. And while he did that, I had immediately went up to the counter so I could talk to my friends Lars and Sadie. Lars was listening to music in his headphones, and Sadie had noticed me and Y/n as soon as we walked in.

Steven: Hi Lars, hi Sadie.

Sadie: Hey Steven, you want the usual?

Steven: Yes, but two this time.

So Sadie pack two of my favorite donuts in a bag and I paid for them once she finished. That's when she took notice of Y/n while he was busy looking around the shop.

Sadie: So Steven, who's your new friend over there?

Steven: That's Y/n, he's actually new here in Beach City. Hey Y/n, come over and say hi to Sadie and Lars.

I wanted to tell them that the Crystal Gems and I found him trapped in an old temple. But I knew that they would think I was making it up. And then I saw Y/n came up and saw him shake Sadies hand.

Sadie: Nice to meet you Y/n.

Y/n: It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance Sadie.

Steven: Alright, there's so many places that I want to show you Y/n. Bye Sadie! Bye Lars!

Sadie: See ya, Steven.

Lars: Eh.

So me and Y/n left and made our way back to the beach. Then I took out one of the donuts and gave it to Y/n. And I took out the other one and started to eat it, but then I noticed that Y/n was looking at his confused.

Y/n: What do I do with it?

Steven: Oh, that's easy. You just take a bite, chew, and then swallow, like this.

Y/n looked a little confused, but he decided to give it a try. So he did what I had said, and once he did, he seems a little interested in it.

Steven: So, what do you think?

Y/n: It's quite a strange process, but I wouldn't mind trying it again.

Steven: That's great, I'm sure Amethyst wouldn't mind showing you other types of food to try.

So afterwards, I continued to show Y/n around Beach City. And Y/n seemed to be really interested in all the places that I showed him. But after a couple of hours, we had to go back to the temple since Pearl was most likely worried about me. So when we got back, we found Amethyst and Pearl all waiting for us. And as soon as we walked in, Pearl ran up to me and she started to check of I had any injuries.

Pearl: Are you alright? Did he hurt you?

Steven: Pearl, I'm fine. And I told you that Y/n wasn't going to hurt me.

Pearl: Are you sure?

Steven: I'm fine, I promise.

Y/n: If it makes you feel better, I would never hurt anyone that has done nothing wrong to me.

Pearl seemed like she wasn't really that convinced about it. Amethyst, on the other hand, seemed to believe Y/n just as much as I did.

Amethyst: Yeah, Garnet said that he'd be fine Pearl. Welp, I'm going to bed.

Amethyst then went into her room as Pearl went into hers. She still didn't seem to trust Y/n, but I'm sure she would come around. Then I noticed that Y/n was staring confusingly at the temple door for a moment before he looked at me to see is I had an answer.

Steven: I'm not really sure how the temple door works either Y/n. But now I should be getting ready to get some sleep too.

Y/n: Uh...

Steven: Oh, that's right, you asked what sleep was earlier. Well let me go get changed and I'll show you.

So I went into the bathroom and changed into my pajamas. And when I got out, I saw that Y/n was looking at me even more confused.

Y/n: You changed your appearance.

Steven: Hm? Oh, these are just my pajamas Y/n, they're clothing that humans use to sleep in.

Y/n's P.O.V.

I still had no idea what this "sleep" was or why Steven needed to change his appearance to do it. And before I could question him, he had lead me up the wooden steps to his "bed" before he climbs in it.

Steven: So first, you just lay down.

I was honestly confused about what he was doing and why. But I decided to just "lay" on the wooden floor still confused about this strange process.

Y/n: What now?

Steven: Then you closer your eyes and just think of nothing.

I barely understood the strange process, but did what Steven said. After a couple minutes the silence was starting to feel strange to me. So I decided to just ask Steven what the point of it was.

Y/n: Steven, what is the point of this strange process?

But for some odd reason, Steven didn't answer my question. I thought that it was strange and thought he just didn't hear me.

Y/n: Steven?

Once again, Steven didn't respond to me when I called for him. At this point, I was starting to worry slightly about him not responding. I was about to check on him when I noticed that Pearl had exited the room she had entered a few minutes ago.

Y/n: Pearl, I require your assistance.

Pearl: What is it?

Y/n: Steven is unresponsive, and I was just wondering if you knew why?

She then looked over to see Steven in his bed. She just chuckled slightly which confused me as to why she did.

Pearl: Steven is just asleep, he will wake up in the morning.

Y/n: Why does he need to "sleep?"

Pearl: Because Steven is not like you and me Y/n. He is half human, so Steven needs to conduct in their strange and unusual routines.

Y/n: Humans are strange.

I then walk back to the front of the dwelling and look out into the ocean. And I started to understand a little on why they would want to defend this planet they call home.

Y/n: It's strange, I've only been here for one day and I think that I'm starting to understand why you defend this planet.

Pearl: Really?

Y/n: Yes, I've only seen a small part of it, and I'm truly curious about seeing the rest of it.

I continued to look out into the ocean for a moment. Then I noticed a strange picture of a woman with pink hair that was hanging above the entrance.

Y/n: Who is that?

Pearl: Rose Quartz, she was the original leader of the Crystal Gems.

Once she said "was" it confused me as to what she meant. It made me wonder if this "Rose Quartz" has recently left or if it was something else. But whatever it was seemed to upset Pearl a lot.

Y/n: What happened to her? If you don't mind me asking.

Pearl: She's gone, she had to give up her physical form so Steven could be born.

Y/n: Oh, I'm sorry for your loss Pearl. But I can say that you should look to the future, not dwell on the past. It isn't healthy for someone and they may lose focus on what matters.

My kind words take her by surprise for a moment. I thought I had offended her before I saw her smile a little.

Pearl: Thank you Y/n.

Y/n: Anytime, well good night.

Pearl: Good night.

So Pearl went back into her room while I was left to think about the days events. It was quite the day to day the least, but I still had a lot to think about. So I decided to go into the room that Steven used to change earlier to think. When I opened the wooden structure I found the room to be empty.

I had a lot to think of after what happened today, and I had a feeling that things were going to change. And I was wondering what the future was going to hold for me.

A/n: Bam! And that's chapter 2 done and published. I would like you guys to know that from this point on, I'll be sticking to the episodes. And if you guys enjoyed this chapter, then don't forget to leave a vote and a comment. So I'll be seeing all you guys next time in Catch and Release.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

727K 11.9K 117
In this story you are a Painite. The rarest gem and I recall hasn't been in the show. You are sent to Earth to find Peridot and Jasper along with the...
12.8K 248 19
STEVENXHAREM STORY! After some time on the road, the now older Steven Universe returns home (with a different outlook but still the same kindess ever...
84.5K 2.4K 17
You're a mysterious gem that appeared out of nowhere and now lives with the Crystal Gems. Unsure of your past, they let you stay in the barn along wi...
442 13 9
[AU] Steven and the Gems try to find a warp pad back to Home World after White Diamond destroyed Beach City months ago. Ending up in Ooo, they discov...