Lucifer's weakness (Lucifer's...

By asgards_librarian

Lucifer is used to doing what he wants, when he wants. He never like responsibility. Until he has it thrust u... More

The Devil's a Dad
Who Killed Emily
Doctor Linda Martin
Bipolar
Piano lessons
Uncle Amenadiel
The Florist
Poison
Help Me Brother
Disappointing Child
Memories
Back from hell
Do you want me?
Something Wrong
What day is it?
May 15th
M'Not Drunk
Bloody Hell Lauren
Nightmares
Murderer See, Murderer Do
A Night To Forget
The Deciding Battle
Back From Hell (Again)
Drug Deals & Mob Bosses
New Plan
Escape
The Final Chapter
Just Kidding The Story Continues
What If God Was One Of Us
Family Dinner
Car Crash
Grand Theft Auto
Once a Criminal, Always a Criminal
Seventeen
Retirement Party
Vandalism Isn't Technically a Crime
The Clock Is Ticking
Crash Bang Boom
Like a Good Boy
Sinister
He Deserves This
Oblivion

The Morning After

1.8K 72 13
By asgards_librarian

Lucifer's POV

Authors Note: Okay, I was feeling generous and desperately wanting to get to this event so here is the third chapter in a day! (Gosh I spoil you guys)

Lauren's been acting weird all day. She looked super uncomfortable when the Detective explained the case. I didn't think murder would affect her. It hasn't ever before.

"You alright?" I didn't know what else to do other than ask, certain she wouldn't say anything anyway.

"Yup. Fine, why?" Told you.

"No reason. You just seem to be acting a little off lately." She only shrugged in response. There was nothing else to do except let it go. Maybe she was just tired. She got up pretty early this morning. Chloe came back out to talk more about the case.

"Murder is the same as the last one. Body left in pieces. We weren't able to run facial recognition this time but his ID badge told us it was one of our own. He was the cop that came back to work recently after..." Chloe gave a side glance at Lauren who glared in response, before carrying on. "I think we have to prepare for a serial killer on our hands. This guy seems to have a list. Leaving the bodies mangled and barely recognizable. We have a suspect lined up so let's get this over with." She heads over to her desk to grab some stuff before heading out the door and gesturing for us to follow. I look at Lauren, who only gives a single glance in my direction before following the detective.

***

"The suspects name is Olivia Robinson. She was a former victim of our dead stalker, Campbell Myers and is a previous girlfriend of our cop. She has a past record of aggravated assault on Myers when she thought she'd take revenge in her own hands. Maybe she tried again." This girl seemed messed up. And who could blame her.

The car rolls to a stop at an old, run down hotel. Chloe said our suspect was in room 24b. I gesture for Lauren to follow, and she begrudgingly gets out of the car and tags along. The door was locked when we got to the door so Chloe went to look in the windows. She really does not think. I gave the lock a look, and twisted it, knowing it would unlock for me. The door instantly swings open. Chloe glances at me and sighs, before accepting it and tiptoeing inside. The room was a mess. It reminded me of that case from a while ago with Emily Devine's murder.

"Olivia Robinson! LAPD!"

"I didn't do it. He's lying!" A shrill voice called out from a closed door, causing the Detective to grab out her gun and stalk towards the door.

"Olivia. We just want to talk. Get your side of the story." That was Chloe. Always trying to make peace. It was too slow for me. I walked to the door, ignoring Chloe's desperate whispers, the wrenched the door off its hinges, walking towards the screaming girl before backing off when her shrieking started to hurt my ears.

"Bloody hell. We only want to talk." She stops screaming and begins to cry. I hate it when people cry.

"I didn't do it." She claims between sobs. "He framed me. I don't know what he said but it wasn't me." She was making no sense.

"Olivia. Who do you think framed you?" Straight to the point as always Detective.

"John? He said if I broke up with him he would make me regret it. Said he'd get his cop friends to come for me and lock me up."

"John is dead."

"What?" She stopped her sniffling and looked genuinely shocked. "He is?" Her surprised expression didn't last long as she gave a short laugh. "Finally. I hoped he would drop off." She pauses when she caught sight of Chloe's gun. "You think I did it?"

"He broke up with you. Maybe you wanted revenge. You also have a connection to our other victim killed in a similar way. Campbell Myers?" Her expression changed after that.

"What has this got to do with that scum bag? If he's dead, it's better off for everyone. But I didn't kill him."

"She's telling the truth." We all turn towards Lauren who had decided to interrupt.

"How can you tell?" Chloe asks. She knows what Lauren can do, even though she had said on multiple occasions that she doesn't understand.

"She was genuinely shocked about the news. Had no guilt. This is the first she's heard of it." I've said it before and I'll say it again. I would kill, to have a gift like Lauren's. I glance at Chloe, looking to see how she feels about this, but she only shrugs.

"Okay Olivia. I want you to come down to the station sometime in the next week to grab your statement." After a nod from our suspect, we head off. It feels strange. Basing who we arrest and let go over a fifteen year old's, hunch. We headed back to the precinct, and I tried my best to give Lauren her space and ignore the constant look of fear in her eyes. What was going on with that girl? 

By the end of the day, Lauren looked exhausted. Who could blame her. While I spent my day hitting it up with some of the other officers, she had been pacing back and forth, biting her nails anxiously. It kind of scared me to see that she paced back and forth the same way I did. But I couldn't do anything. She wouldn't tell me what was wrong, and once again, I was absolutely clueless. I even did the unspeakable, and asked Dan for help. But he just said to give her space and she would tell me when she was ready if she wanted to. But I didn't want to wait till she wanted to.

***

Lauren's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about this case. I did it. I was certain of it. But I hadn't even meant to. I thought it had been a dream. I couldn't stop myself from killing those guys. What if I did it again? And again. And again. Ammenadiel was right. I was dangerous. I was a ticking time bomb, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"Oi! You shouldn't be in this area." Ah. A new guy. I hate those. The people who don't know what the hell they are doing and think they can tell you to do whatever they want.

"It's fine, I'm-"

"No. I don't want to hear an excuse kid. You need to leave." Did he just interrupt me? He was going to regret that. Slowly walking towards, him, hands behind my back, I lowered my voice for my threat.

"I'm not someone you want to mess with dude. I'm more dangerous than anyone you've ever put away. So what I suggest, is you back off, walk away, and never speak to me again. Because I happen to be preoccupied with my own problems at the moment, and i'm really not in the mood to get told off for breaking another police officer's arm." His eyes widened before setting into a frown and walking towards me, hand moving to the part of his belt where the handcuffs were hanging and I instinctively begin to stand my ground, hands curling into fists at my sides. But before either of us could react, a hand is on my shoulder and I whip my head around to see Lucifer glaring at the policeman.

"Is there a problem with my daughter here?" His look of surprise was priceless. Lucifer was very well known around here and not to be trifled with, so finding out I was his daughter, brought a look of fear and regret to his face.

"Right. Sorry. I'll go."

"That would be wise." And with Lucifer's words, he did just that. "Are you okay?" He asked, turning to me. I nodded in response, realizing how familiar this scenario was. It reminded me of the last conversation I had with that John guy before I supposedly killed him. What if I did it again? I could make a pretty good guess as to what my night was going to look like tonight.

***

The cold metal of the blade stung against the burning sensation that ran across my entire body. This heated feeling of power and superiority was addicting and I loved it. My wings soared across the night sky before I spotted my mark. An old apartment building on 49th Street. I lower myself to the desired room, and kick the glass and dive inside. I hear a noise indicating my victim is awake. They turn on a lamp but I stay in the shadows. My wings tuck in behind me as I step out of the shadows, holding the knife by my side.

"You? What are you doing here?" Stepping closer, I reveal my weapon, striking fear in their eyes. They take a swing at me with the bat in their hands, but I expertly dodge the blow. He's paralyzed with fear as my eyes change their color to my natural form. "What are you? What do you want."

"I want you." And with his final scream, I strike. my blade digging through his flesh, as his shrieks of pain play music to my ears.

***

Waking up, again covered in sweat, I breathe heavily, trying to focus on what just happened. I seem to be in some sort of park. The sky is still dark, and I can make out the lights of the city, a couple hundred yards to my right. My hands are once again covered in blood. And the red paint is splattered across my clothes. I try to remember the dream. Was I in control? No. I don't think I was. That guy begged me for his life. His screams echoed in my brain, and images of his limp, dead body, covered my mind. What was I doing? How was I doing it? I didn't want him to die. I never wanted to kill anyone. sure, I was okay with hurting them, and them dying of injuries didn't bother me too much. But straight up murder, it wasn't what I wanted. How was I going to stop? Could I stop? 

All I knew now, was I needed to get home. I broke into a department store on the way to Lux, stole a new outfit, and borrowed their bathroom to clean myself up. With the blood no longer staining my skin, I changed into the clothes, ripping off the tag, and walking home. Luckily, I hadn't landed too far away, and it only took 10 minutes of walking to reach the doors. Lux was closed when I got there, but I teleported inside with ease. It felt good. I hadn't used that ability in a while and I missed being free and apparating wherever I wanted. I used the elevator to get to the penthouse, hoping it didn't make too much noise on the way up.

It wouldn't have, mattered about the noise anyway, because when I arrived at the top, Lucifer was sitting on the couch, which still had a pillow and blankets from being my bed. His head was resting on the back of his hands which had their fingers interlocked.

"Where have you been?" His tone was soft and low. I didn't like it. I was used to being shouted at. Told off. But he remained calm and it was frightening.

"Nowhere."

"Bullshit." I flinched. Lucifer was not one to swear, even when he was at his maddest. Which is why I became concerned when he cursed. "I'll ask again," He raised his head to look at me. "Where were you."

"I went to the park. I needed some fresh air." His face remained calm, but I could tell he was disappointed. I could see it in his eyes. "Why are you disappointed? It was just a quick walk." He instantly turned away.

"Don't." His voice raised a notch and his tone grew aggressive. "Don't read my emotions. You need to stop doing that. To anyone. You'll get yourself in trouble and I don't want you doing it, understand? And it wasn't just a quick walk. You were gone all night." I opened my mouth to reply but he beat me to it. "I saw you leave. At 11:30 last night, you left. It's now 5:15. Where did you go."

"I don't know."

"Don't give me that bullshit Lauren." He got louder and I didn't like it.

"I don't. Okay. I don't know where I went. One minute I was falling asleep on the couch, next I was waking up in a park." He frowned. But not in thought. in annoyance and disappointment. He didn't believe me.

"Fine. Don't tell me. Do what you like. Just remember that you were the one that asked me to look after you. I can't do that if you won't be honest with me."

"I am being honest. You're not listening to me."

"Lauren, enough!" His yell echoed across the room and I hesitated, taken aback by the sudden increase in volume. Tears misted my vision. Even though I would never admit it, he hurt my feelings. I thought he would be the one to listen to me. I thought he would believe me. But instead he had shouted at me. So much for that. I turned away and teleported away. Back to the park. It was still early and no one would be there. I ignored the salt water spilling over my cheeks as I collapsed against a tree, hugging my legs for warmth and cried. It had been years since I had done that. And all that pent up emotion spilled over. I had cried when I nearly shot myself, but that barely lasted five minutes. Something told me this was going to be a long night.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 9.9K 39
"What in bloody hell?" He asked himself as there was a gaping hole swirling in the sky. Lightning struck as Lucifer saw a bright light shooting out...
51.3K 1.1K 38
From the Fox to Netflix series 'Lucifer' The devil himself was given a daughter, Lucy. He truly loved her. He'd done anything to protect her. but t...
63.8K 1.9K 40
Season 5 one-shots like I promised. It's mostly cute fluff (excuse the chapter labeled "Anything You Pour I'll Drink) so I hope you enjoy. I don't ow...
40.2K 1.2K 33
Set after 4x10 with a little, tiny, itty bitty change to the end scene. "What meaning would life have if one's world was destroyed? Well, Lucifer's w...