Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 34 [Please no]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 25 [Room details]

2.7K 160 23
By Vanshika231

"You know, I love you the most, Samantha. Thank you, Sam. You are the best." I squealed as I saw my best friend entering my office. I hugged her and showered her with kisses.

Well, I just talked to her in the morning and it's evening and she is here. So fast but I'm glad and happy. Now, I can relax for few days.

"I know, I'm loved by many. How are you, sugarbaby?" She smirked as she flipped her hairs and jumped on the couch in my office. Always over joyous. But isn't that what I love in her most? That is true but yeah I never told her that otherwise she would start embarrassing me in public places by her childish antics.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes as I sat beside her, in a well mannered way. Unlike her, who had her legs on table, her suitcase lying near the door and she almost lying on the small couch.

"It seems like I should start keeping a bed instead of couch here. It will be more comfortable for you, won't it?" I spoke, my tone dipped with sarcasm.

I raised my eyebrow as she made a face at me and poked her tongue out.

"Why are you so hell bent on neatness? First that woman, only mother by name and now you are doing the same." She mumbled, annoyed. She gazed out of the window as she turned her face away from me.

There was a heavy silence between us. I exhaled deeply as I could feel and see the effect my words left on her. I did not want to make her upset but I did, anyways. I inhaled silently.

"We can go to beach of your preference and choice." I whispered, quietly. I knew her more than anybody did. She was a strong woman. More strong than I can ever be. It is not easy to stand on the top in Hollywood with no God father. She did it all, on her own.

"I'm alright with it. I will be sleeping over at your place. I mean your parents. I am missing aunty. So, I should be taking my leave now." She said as she grinned. I always wondered, how could she mask her emotions that well? Hiding emotions is easy but masking them with other one is not. Maybe she is actress, that's why?

"It is too late, Sam. I am not letting you go alone. You don't agree to take security with you. That's why, you will be sleeping over with me. And also I want to sleep with you. I have so many things to talk to you. Let's go." I spoke as I stood up to take my belongings.

"Have you learnt ordering from your dearly husband? You never used to order earlier and now see, even a word doesn't come from your mouth without that ordering tone." She taunted as she smirked amusedly.

Fuck me. I don't want to hit her head with that of mine. I am already full of nerve cells. I don't want any more, otherwise, they will burst.

"I just told you, that's it. Think whatever you want to. And he is not my husband." I yelled, twisting my lips in frustration. I rolled my eyes as I thought about considering him as my husband. My foot.

She raised her eyebrow as her lips twitched upwards. I was not really ready to take any bullshit.

"Let's go, Mrs. Bradford." She laughed and stood up before I could straddle her and teach her a lesson. My god, my language has also changed. I have started using his words and tone. I should not be in his company so much.

"Don't tempt me to really call Jake and tell him that you are here." I smirked as I spoke, looking at my nails. I flashed my gaze upwards to see her face, as she glared at me. 

"Cat caught you tongue, baby? I have a solution, I should call him and tell him that you are hiding from him here." I spoke, further adding fuel to the already burning fire.

"Don't you dare. I blocked him really by mistake only. But he is not ready to get that crap. I swear on this mother earth, if you will call him here, I will reveal your secret talks with Cassandra to him." She threatened as she looked at me, rasing her hands in defence.

I looked at her flabbergasted.  My mouth open in disbelief and total horror. If he gets to know that I was the one who was corrupting his sweet, submissive wife, he would surely kill me.

"How do you know that I talked to her?" I looked at her disbelievingly. It was between me and Cassandra. How can she know?

"If you are forgetting, Cassandra is Jake's wife and we both are friends of Jake so it is natural that me and Cassandra are also in contact. She told me as I asked her why she sounded so happy over phone." She said as she flickered her gaze from her nails to me. She shrugged her shoulders while smirking, more than she should.

"Will You please accompany me to his house and grace us with your mighty presence?" I said sarcastically as I inclined my head towards her suitcase.

"I can grant you my presence, this time." She grumbled as she followed me out of the building. 

♤■■■♤

"It is really good to have a guest for few days. Feel like your own house, sweetheart." Catherine called someone to help Sam with her suitcase.

Anyhow, Sam was not much friendly with her but she did not misbehave even. I'm glad she didn't say something hurtful to her. I hope she remembers that she has to behave like she doesn't know a thing about my forced marriage.

I sighed inwardly. He knows about my motives and I don't know how. Only me and Jake knew about this. But what he does not know is what I'm going to do tomorrow. Be ready Mr. Bradford.

"Well Catherine, me, Mia and Sam have planned to go to beach tomorrow, if you don't mind." I said tautly, hoping she would not object.

She nervously widgeted her fingers and hesitatingly looked between Sam and me.

"I don't think Theodore would allow this. It will not be wise to go in his absence." She spoke while looking at me.

'Here we go again.' Theodore. Theodore. And only Theodore. Is he some kind of God or super hero that we would need to take his permission?

"Oh, that. Don't tense about that. I've already talked to him and he allowed and that too without guards." I spoke hastily, faking understanding and smartly smiling at her to convince her.

"Uh–Uho, he agreed, just like that?" She looked unconvinced and dubious of us. Ofcourse she will be. How can her good for nothing son can do something correct thing his life? Right?

How do I convince her now? She is his mother and must be knowing him more than everyone. And idea popped my mind suddenly. Lucky charm!

"Uh– er– I would have loved to share the progress of our marital status if I would have been comfortable with telling you this. But I hope you won't pressurize me for it. I just convinced him how a wife does. I'm his wife so.....  I think you can fill the blank." I faked the act of our good relation.

I was whole timing looking towards the floor while speaking. I didn't know if I was blushing but I was hell sure that my ears were burning due to embarrassment.

His wife, my ass.

I flinched as I heard two gasps. I looked upwards to see Catherine and Samantha looking at me, flabbergasted, with their mouth open. Samantha had not spoken a single word to me since we came here.

"A–And how does a wife convince her husband?" Samantha asked while smirking at my way and grinning like a bitch. Yes, she was literally behaving like a bitch now.

I glared at her. "As I said, I will share some details with you both when I would feel comfortable with it. But, not now." I hissed at her, grinding my teeth in the process. I hope, Catherine did not notice me glaring at her.

"It's very much okay with us, dear. We are not pressurising you dear. We will only ask you when you are comfortable." She smiled while patting my shoulder. I was surprised when she, out of nowhere, engulfed my stiff body in a hug with her small, petite frame. Well, I was also petite but not small, for sure.

She pulled back and smiled at me motherly. I was shocked as I saw tears wailing out of her eyes slowly. She sniffed and wiped the corners of her eyes with her hand. I, on the other hand, did not know what to say.

At one side, I was happy that she took that crap but on the other side, I was feeling guilty for playing with her emotions. I respect, not only mine but each and every mother in this world. Mothers are made to be respected.

And here, I'm playing with her feelings when all she has done is being good towards me and care for me like a mother does. Her fault was only that that she was his mother.

"Thank you for understanding, Mrs. Bradford. I appreciate you. But will you please not ask about this from your son?" I pleaded as I looked at her hopefully. I bit my lip as I waited for her to say something.

"But why?" She asked while frowning as confusion spread all across her face.

"Don't you know him? He is a conserved person and he does not like to share his personal details with anyone. He would not like if he gets to know that I told you about this. And I don't want us to go back on square one." I spoke, while flowing my arms in the air to prove my point to her.

She nodded as she looked convinced. She shook her head and sighed heavily.

"I know him. He is very much secretive person. I will not speak a word of this to anyone, I assure you." She promised as she smiled at me. I sighed in relief inwardly.

Thank god, she didn't deny.

"I'm tired, can we go sleep?" Samantha wailed, pouting.

"Won't you both be having dinner?" Catherine frowned as we all made our way upstairs.

"We had it already while returning." Samantha relied for me. I have to talk to Jake regarding the progress regarding the Kerosika project that our company is working on, at the moment.

As we reached his room, Catherine went away while bidding good night. Samantha flopped on the bed as soon as she crossed the door. No wonder why,  she sometimes get ankle sprains. This girl knows only how to jump.

I kept my purse and watch at their place as I saw Samantha squinting the room with her eyes. I tied my hairs in a top bun and started walking towards bathroom.

"I can't believe, I'm really in the bedroom of Theodore Bradford with his wife." She spoke in disbelief while shaking her head. I rolled my eyes annoyingly.

"Find your senses and fix them. If one more time, I hear you speaking that I'm his wife, I will personally make sure to kill you within next thirty second."  I threatened while glaring at her.

"I'm sorry, it slipped from my mouth. But, if I'm not wrong, someone was very eagerly claiming to be someone's wife." she asked bemused, while smirking my way.

Isn't she smirking too much? I believe if she continues to do that, it can harm her physical health  soon. Do you also think that?

"Don't smile way too much. Go to sleep till I return. I'm tired." I grumbled while locking the king size bathroom.

"Do I hear another order from your mouth?" she shouted while laughing. Her voice was little faint but I could hear it very well and I bet, she was smirking now also.

I climbed down the steps to the bath tub and made myself comfortable. Thanks to the maid here that she already redied my bath. I allowed myself to engulf my mind in the beautiful scent, away from all the tension.

I can only wish that everything goes smoothly tomorrow. He will get to know eventually and I don't care about that. But, if he will get to before we go there, then, it will be left as a dream always.

♤■■■♤

♧ Have you noticed that our Caitlyn has still not considered him as her husband? She still calls him Mr. Bradford. When will she call him by his name?

Vote and comment, please!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 2.8K 35
edited 🤍🩵 Book one to The Walkers Series Liana Hargrove is known as the nice girl. Always smiles at people, always says hello to everyone she sees...
203K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
4.9M 217K 80
❝Hollywood is scary. She is scarier.❞ • • • The night before their marriage, Emily Pinault catches her fiancé in the act of cheating. Completely deva...
624K 32.4K 54
"Shhh! Do not make a sound.. or I won't refrain myself to tie you up!" His grip on my wrist tightens. I need to get my book from him, in which I wro...