Characters Watching Where in...

By SilveriaRose

I do not own anything except my own characters Sera Takes place after the second episode of the first season. More

Welcome to the Theater
Becoming Carmen Sandiego Part 1
Becoming Carmen Sandiego Part 2
The Sticky Rice Caper
The Fishy Doubloon Caper
The Duke of Vermeer Caper
The Opera in the Outback Caper
The Chasing Paper Caper
The Lucky Cat Caper
The French Connection Caper
Intermission
To Steal of Not to Steal
The Hot Rocks of Rio Caper Part 1
The Hot Rocks of Rio Caper Part 2
Dinner Time
The Daisho Caper
The Fashionista Caper
The Boston Tea Party Caper
The Need For Speed Caper
Lunch Time
The Crackle Goes Kiwi Caper
A/N
The Stockholm Syndrome Caper
The African Ice Caper
The Deep Diver Caper
( Ν‘πŸ‘οΈβ€―ΝœΚ– Ν‘πŸ‘οΈ)
The Luchadora Tango Caper
The Haunted Bayou Caper
The Masks of Venice Caper
The Jolly Good Show Caper
Lunch
The Beijing Bullion Caper
The Big Bad Ivy Caper
The Robo Caper
I AM VERY UPSET!!!!!!
The Himalayan Rescue Caper
The V.I.L.E History Caper
The Egyptian Decryption Caper
Dinner
Delay
The Viennese Waltz Caper
The Dark Red Caper
Epilogue

The Day of the Dead Caper

4.2K 77 459
By SilveriaRose

(A/N Can anyone guess my favorite Disney movie from the title of this episode?)

After grabbing their seats again Sera appears in the room.

"I'm really excited that I get to add more people to this." Sera says getting everyone's attention. Following is a flash of light, a thud and a groan. Everyone watches as a young woman gets to her feet.

"You couldn't have made the landing any softer?" She asks rubbing her backside.

"Nah, it's more fun this way. Introduce yourself, grab your seat next to Lupe and then we'll start." Sera says and once again vanishes.

"Uh, my name is Sonia." She says quickly and takes her seat next to the luchadora. Everyone is curious how she'll play into the next episode and they settle in as the screen lights up.

(Open to a creaking windmill. Spinkick and Flytrap are rustling through rows of corn following the tracker. As they get close to the signal they split off from each other. The launch into an attack.)

"Oh, it's these clowns." Gray says chuckling.

Spinkick: Game over, Sandie... go.

(The figure they thought was Carmen turns out to be a scarecrow wearing her signature hat and coat. Flytrap pulls the coat back to see the tracker they had placed on Carmen.)

"Ha! Bait and switch!" Player shouts.

Flytrap: We have to call this in you know.

(Shadowsan, not far away in a car, smirks in satisfaction at Spinkicks shout of frustration and drives off. Meanwhile Spinkick and Flytrap call the faculty and caught by surprise.)

"That was an excellent deception Shadowsan." Jules compliments him. Shadowsan simply nods in acknowledgement of her compliment.

Maelstrom: What's wrong? Lose your funny bone?

(Pan around to Maelstrom dressed as a clown, as if the man wasn't creepy enough as it is.)

All the former VILE operatives groan.

"He wears that god awful clown costume every Halloween. EVERY Halloween." Carmen says. the first Halloween she remembers, she was five years old. She took one look at Maelstrom in that costume and burst into tears. Brunt had been cold and abrasive towards him until Christmas after that incident. 

Flytrap: Professor Maelstrom?

(We see all the faculty in costume.)

"They're uh... really into Halloween." Player says.

"You have no idea." Antonio says.

"We don't do many celebrations at VILE academy, but Halloween is huge." Jean-Paul says.

"What about you Shadowsan? Did you dress up for Halloween?" Zack asks.

"I did not. Halloween is not celebrated in Japan the same as it is in America. Only in recent years has costumes become a large part of the celebration. However trick or treating, jack o lanterns and other similar festivities are uncommon in my home land." Shadowsan explains.

"Before 2000, Halloween was not a largely celebrated holiday. However now, it is treated more like a street fair." Hideo says.

"No trick or treating?" Zack asks. The brothers shake their heads.

Maelstrom: Tonight, call me by my parallel universe name... Charlie Pants.

"More like crazy pants." Player mutters.

Cleo: Clowning around is no way to set an example for our new operatives, Gunnar.

Maelstrom: I shall venture a guess. You were tricked by Carmen Sandiego yet again.

Cleo: We were hoping for a treat.

Bellum: Such as this pumpkin spice latte.

"Did... did she just try to drink through that fish bowl?" Chase asks.

"Yes. Yes she did." Jules says.

"You can not say I am the most dense person in this show after that display." Chase says.

"Hey, we don't think you're dense. You just don't have all the facts you needed to make an informed decision about your actions." Player says. He realizes he's become very defensive on behalf of Chase. Player decides it's because he knows how it feels to have your skills underestimated.

Brunt: I reckon you all best mosey on back south of the Mexican boarder and see about rustling up Carmen's trail.

Maelstrom: Fail again, and Mr. Pants will not be a happy clown. Now, who's ready for the pumpkin carving contest?

"Those four are... really weird." Sonia says.

"Oh yeah, this is your first time experiencing these guys, talk about a first impression." Gray says.

(They all hold up a pumpkin. Transition to Team Red on a plane.)

Zack: Mexico City. And just in time for Halloween!

Player: Actually, Halloween's not the only holiday that takes place this time of year. Day of the Dead is even more widely celebrated in Mexico.

"Ah, Día de los Muertos. My favorite time of the year." Lupe says smiling.

Zack: Wicked awesome, I love zombies!

Carmen: Sorry, Zack. Unlike Halloween, Día de los Muertos isn't about scares. It's all about celebrating the memory of loved ones.

Player: Red's right. The roots of Day of the Dead go back thousands of years, to traditions of worship practised by the Aztecs and other Nahua people. Today, deceased relatives are honored with offrenda's, altar's adorned with flowers, candles, photo's, food, and even special belongings of the person being worshipped.

Carmen: The most familiar motifs of Día de los Muertos may be the calavera's and Calaca's, skulls and skeletons. You'll see them everywhere as candy, dolls, face paint, even masks, representing death as a natural part of life, rather then something to be feared.

"It's a reminder, that no matter what happened while you were alive, those you've loved and lost are waiting for you. And those you love and still live will keep your memory alive in their hearts." Lupe says. Sonia thinks of her family, someday she'll be with them again.

Player: You'll be arriving just in time. Day of the Dead festivities typically begin the night before, on All Hallows Eve.

Zack: Imagine how massive your head would need to be to wear a skull mask that size.

Ivy: That's no mask, bro. That's a work of art.

Carmen: Speaking of art, any updates on those museum heists, Player?

Player: I wish, Red. The news reports about the recent art thefts in Mexico City totally screamed VILE to me, but I haven't been able to intercept any chatter confirming my suspicions. This is the only major museum in the area that hasn't been hit.

"Making it the obvious target." Sheena says.

"We're assuming this is VILE." Kyle points out.

"Well it has to be VILE." Player says.

"Why does VILE have to be involved?" Chase asks.

"Well think about what Sera told us when we first came here. This show, in another dimension is just that, a show. So if you think about it in that context instead of as our future, VILE is the antagonist. This far into the show, in a season with only five episodes? It wouldn't make sense plot wise to have the hero, AKA Carmen, side tracked with something not related to VILE." Player says.

"When you put it like that, yeah it kind of obviously has to be VILE. Or someone associated with VILE." Jean-Paul says.

Carmen: Then it's sure to be the next target.

(At the museum)

Carmen: Frida Kahlo's Self Portrait with Monkey.

Player: Who's Frida Kahlo?

Carmen: One of my favorite artists, born right here in Mexico City. Some of her most famous paintings are on loan for this exhibition, including this one. I see some art students. But one of them is sketching everything but the art. Doors, windows, cameras. Definitely casing the joint.

Sonia's eyes go wide, that's how she cases museums. So is Carmen going to get in the way of one of her thefts? Marta won't like that.

(Before Carmen can follow her, she gets cut off by a tour group.)

Guide: Frida Kahlo was greatly inspired by indigenous Mexican culture, which she communicates through her vivid, colorful imagery.

Carmen: Ugh, never saw her face. She was young. Too young to be stealing art of this caliber for herself, and a bit too young to be a VILE operative.

"How old do you have to be to join VILE?" Jules asks.

"Normally, a prospective student must be 18 before being accepted. There have been exceptions to this rule in the past of course. Carmen being one." Shadowsan says.

"How would others get an exception?" Player asks.

"If a prominent member of VILE were to recommend and sponsor them." Shadowsan answers.

Player: Think you can track her down?

Carmen: No need. She'll be back.

(At the wrestling ring)

Chief: Have you determined exactly what in the world Carmen Sandiego might have been doing at a wrestling match in Mexico?

"I've found a new appreciation for the sport." Carmen says making Lupe chuckle.

Chase: Besides ruining my new suit and paving her usual path of destruction?

Jules: Nothing was stolen.

Chase: That we know of!

Chief: I have a theory. There have been a series of museum heists in Mexico City during the last few weeks.

"And because you're totally incompetent, you're going to blame Carmen. All because you're butt hurt over a little hack." Gray says glaring over his shoulder at Tamara. She and Zari have been keeping their mouths shut in the very back of the room, while everyone else has pretty much bunched up into a crowd near the front. 

Tamara could see clearly what was happening, Carmen in the middle like a sun, her friends and allies pulled to her like the planets orbiting said sun.

Chase: The period of time the Crimson Shadow has been completely off our radar.

Chief: Exactly. I'm thinking this little pit stop was intended as a diversion to shake us off the trail of her actual scheme.

"Or you just have no idea what is actually going on, ever." Sheena says. She and Carmen would probably never be friends, but Sheena respects her skills enough to be annoyed by this woman.

Jules: Or perhaps Ms. Sandiego was simply here for some other non-criminal reason.

"Thank you Jules!" Player says dramatically.

Chief: Like what, Agent Argent? A sudden interest in contact sports? Or do I need to remind you that Carmen Sandiego recently hacked classified data from ACME?

"To be fair, Coach Brunt made us wrestle during our second month, so not too far fetched." Kyle says.

Jules: Yet I simply cannot see a likely motivation for her to steal masterworks from museums other then dropping them back into our laps unharmed and revealing the weak links in security to the museums she borrowed them from!

Chief: Devineaux, take a walk. Look, Argent, you are among ACME's finest, when your head is in the game.

"Quite frankly, I've been disillusioned." Jules says. Seeing just how little ACME knows about the situation, really they're the ones most out of the loop here.

Jules: My head is in the game, Chief. It's my heart that isn't. Not anymore.

Chief: If this is about being partnered with Devineaux, I can fix that.

Chase frowns looking down at his lap. He was happy to be partnered with Julia again, he was supposed to be a mentor to her. He wanted a chance to do better.

Jules: This is about realizing that I need to believe in my work.

Chief: I see. I'll arrange for your transfer back to Interpol.

Jules: I've been wanting to put my second degree to use. There's an open position in the ancient history department of a rather prestigious university.

Chief: The door is always open if you ever have a change of heart.

Jules was somewhat surprised by her future selves actions, but also understood them. Her future self wanted to understand the motivation behind Carmen Sandiego's actions, but she could not hunt her down like a villain, because despite the Chief assuring her that she is, Jules will never accept that Carmen could be the villain.

(Back in Mexico a mariachi band plays as a Día de los Muertos parade lights up the city streets. The museum is abandoned and our thief sneaks in, turning off the camera's. She strolls through the halls getting to the painting of Frida Kahlo. As she's packing it, she realizes someone is behind her and turns to see Carmen.)

"That is you, isn't it?" Lupe asks Sonia. Everyone watches her, waiting for her reaction. She simply nods but nobody says anything about it.

Carmen: I don't think that belongs to you.

Sonia: Does now.

(She makes a run for it, Carmen uses her grapple to close the door before she reaches it, but Sonja uses the wire as a spring to break out through a window. Sonia runs through the streets, seeing the parade at the end of an ally, she attempts to blend into the crowd but Carmen spots her from the top of a building.)

"You're good kid, but you're not a match for Carmen." Gray says. 

Sonia: Someone order an original Frida Kahlo?

Marta: Hmm... Well done. I know just the buyer for it. Though a masterpiece such as "Self Portrait with Monkey" is certain to fuel a bidding... War.

Sonia: Something wrong?

"No was Sandiego would let you get away with the real painting." Sheena says rolling her eyes.

Marta: You have been duped.

(Sonia unfolds some paper to see the painting is actually just a poster of the painting.)

Sonia: I'll just go back and steal another.

"You don't go back to the place you just robbed. They'll have noticed by now. When the heist gets foiled you pack it up and move on to the next mark." Jean-Paul says.

"Is that VILE's policy?" Hideo asks curiously.

"Exactly. If it was not, then nothing would stop VILE from attempting certain plans again." Antonio says.

"Like Bellum's spores in Indonesia. It would take funds and time to recreate the spores and put that plan into action again. VILE would rather put their time and money into a new escapade then try and recreate a failed one." Gray says. Sonia can see the logic there, the museum would beef up security after the break in making it harder for her. She's have to case the museum all over again and that would increase her chance of getting caught.

Marta: Not tonight. It is too risky.

Sonia: I can get in and out. No one will know.

Marta: Someone clearly knew you were coming the first time. Sonia, you know I want what's best for you. Have you considered my offer?

Sonia: Vocational school? Boring.

"She's not talking about what I think she's talking about is she?" Kyle asks.

"VILE academy." The other former operatives all say together. Sonia gets a chill. If VILE is really as bad as these people say, maybe she should stay away. But, she's not so sure about cutting ties with Marta.

Marta: As I explained, this isn't just any vocational school. Do you not want financial security?

Sonia: I already make plenty of money.

Marta: I am talking longer term, Sonia. Because I really do believe you are meant for more.

"She is right about that, you can do so much more with your life. You're young, don't throw it away now." Carmen says.

Sonia: Eh, I'll think about it.

Marta: Let me know tomorrow. And, Sonia, no museum visits.

(Marta picks up a VILE phone calling Cleo.)

Cleo: Oh, Ms. Contreras.

"She is most certainly high up the chain. Marta Contreras and Countess Cleo are quite close. Well, as close as two thieves can be." Shadowsan says.

(Outside Carmen watches Sonia leave.)

Carmen: Player, see if you can turn up any intel on this address while I track our junior art enthusiast.

Player: Arr, matey!

Carmen: Sorry?

(We see Player dressed as a pirate.)

Player blushes as Zack and Ivy laugh and start ribbing the teenager.

"What? I like Halloween." Player says defensively.

"Nothing wrong with that, though isn't it hard to hack with a hook for a hand?" Carmen asks teasingly. Player just groans slumping down into his seat. 

Player: Uh, I mean, on it, Red!

Marta: Cleo, do you recall that talented young art thief I've been grooming? I fear she has reached the limits of her potential without proper training. I consider Sonia to be an ideal candidate for the academy.

Cleo: Well, we are in luck. With the delays caused by the move, classes will begin with the winter quarter this year.

"So for the moment, our class and the class that came after us are all we have to worry about." Antonio says.

"Mon Coeur, I think you are forgetting every operative out there that came before us. The faculty and the Cleaners." Jean-Paul says.

"Right, Roundabout is still out there causing trouble." Antonio says. The stakes keep getting higher and he's worried for Carmen.

Marta: Give me 24 hours to see if she bites.

(Sonia enters an apartment, lighting candles on an offrenda and smiling at a picture of her family.)

Sonia blinks back tears, she missed her parents so much.

Carmen: You must miss them. I know how you feel Sonia.

Sonia: How do you know my... Never mind. Where's my painting?

Carmen: Where it belongs, in the museum.

Sonia: Who are you? The art police?

"I'm about as far from law enforcement as you can get." Carmen says.

Carmen: I'm not here to turn you in.

Sonia: I'm out of here.

(She storms out. Carmen follows.)

Carmen: Sonia, I get it. Fending for yourself and living on your own isn't easy, but there are other ways to make ends meet.

Sonia: Stealing pays well. And I happen to be good at it. Not like I'm hurting anybody.

"You're wrong." Carmen says softly.

(She swipes a woman's pocket book to prove her point.)

Carmen: Trust me, stealing does hurt people.

(Carmen snatches the pocket book and returns it to the woman without her noticing.)

"Before watching this show, I never imagined my lessons would be used to return stolen items to their rightful owners." Shadowsan says.

Sonia: Wait, you're a thief too? But, why didn't you steal the painting? Don't you know how much you could get for that thing?

"Nah, Carmen's more the Robin Hood type. Steal from the rich, or in this case VILE, and donate it to charity." Player says.

Carmen: I do, but then I'd be preventing museum visitors from seeing an amazing cultural treasure.

(Sonia walks past a man lifting his wrist watch. Carmen walks by the same man and it's back on his wrist.)

"That watch just changed hands three times in a matter of seconds and the man it belonged to didn't even notice." Jules says. Chase leans over to her.

"Sonia didn't notice either." He says softly.

Carmen: You can go to school, and...

Sonia: What is it with school tonight? Everyone wants me to go.

"To be fair, I want you to go to a normal school and get a real education. Marta wants to groom you into a villain." Carmen says. Sonia finds herself wavering, Marta had cared for her for years now, but was she really just an asset to her?

Carmen: What kind of school?

Sonia: Vocational. Imports, exports. Something like that.

Carmen: Trust me, you don't know what you're getting yourself into. This school would lead you down the wrong path.

Sonia: How do you... wait, you went there, didn't you? Well now I definitely want to go.

Carmen: What? No.

Sonia: I've seen what you can do. If this school can teach me cool stuff, I am so in.

"Are you prepared to drop your morals for a few cool skills? Because that's what they ask of us." Gray says.

"You still went, you guys obviously graduated." Sonia argues.

"You think they tell you the whole truth? You will never know where you stand with them. VILE will turn on you at the drop of a hat if they think you could be a liability. They're going to erase my memory of their existence because I got caught." Gray says. At some point he jumped to his feet and his voice slowly raised as he tried to get Sonia to realize that she would not benefit from this.

Carmen takes his hand and urges him back into his seat. He pulls her close, playing with her hair to help himself calm down.

Carmen: This school might seem cool at first, but they'd eventually order you to cross a line you never thought you'd cross. And once you cross that line, there'd be no turning back.

Sonia: Thanks for the career advice.

Player: Red, the address belongs to a high-end art collector, Marta Contreras. Shadowsan confirmed that she traffics in stolen art for VILE.

"Which explains why she's such close friends with Cleo." Sheena says.

Carmen: The heists were tryouts. Sonia fits the profile, young, skilled, orphaned. And I'm not about the let VILE recruit her.

"Wait, orphaned? Is that a qualification to get into crime school?" Chase asks.

"But of course." Jean-Paul says.

"We operatives can not have any attachments to the outside world. Having a family is a liability." Antonio explains.

"So they only take people that nobody will miss. Every operative has a similar story. Orphaned young, forgotten in a broken system. No family, no support, no...." Sheena trails off.

"No Hope." Gray finishes for her.

"VILE becomes your family. They become the only people you can count on. It's why traitors are so rare, and so serious. Who do you turn to when the only support you have is on VILE island." Carmen says.

"Wolfe had Carmen and her mother to motivate him. Carmen had Player." Shadowsan explains. The others in the room are sitting in stunned silence. The depth of depravity VILE goes to to keep themselves secret and their operatives under control is... it's sick. 

"When the rest of the world has failed you, who else is there to turn to but the only people with open arms?" Jules asks softly.

"But, Shadowsan you have a brother." Player points out.

'When I joined, I lied. I knew that as I was already involved they would demand he be eliminated. So I told them that I was alone, no family left." Shadowsan explains. Hideo takes a long look at his brother before reaching over and placing a hand on his shoulder. While a simple gesture, it meant the world to both of them.

With this new revelation, everyone sits back to continue watching while coming to term with the fact that the former operatives have a much more tragic past then they would lead you to believe.

(At VILE HQ we see the carved pumpkins.)

Maelstrom: And for our next spooktacular activity, I present to you...

(We see a cauldron with not apples bobbing around inside.)

"Oh god what is it this year?" Carmen asks.

"What do you mean?" Ivy asks.

"Every year, Maelstrom puts something new in the cauldron to bob for. When I was nine it was onions. Not once in my life, was it ever apples." Carmen explains.

Bellum: Those do not look like apples.

Maelstrom: A most astute observation, Alien Space Commander Bellum. Bobbing for haggis, anyone?

"Haggis?" A few people ask in shock.

"What is haggis?" Zack asks.

Cleo: Sheep's innards? I've never tried them!

Zack turns green.

Maelstrom: Scotland's national dish, seasoned to perfection. You first, Cowpoke.

Brunt: Uh, I don't...

"And here I though Brunt wasn't afraid of anything." Kyle snickers. All of them enjoy seeing her so uncomfortable, after the brutal physical training she put them through it felt like a bit of revenge.

Maelstrom: You will never know whether you like it if you don't try.

"He sounds like he's talking to a toddler." Sheena says.

(Brunt slowly approaches the cauldron, gagging as she gets close to biting into the haggis, but is interrupted by the doorbell ringing.)

"I'm sorry did I hear that right or does that old Scottish castle have a doorbell?" Player asks.

Brunt: I'll get it!

Cleo: Now, whomever could that be?

(Brunt opens the door to see Boris dressed as Frankenstein's monster, and Vlad dressed as Dracula. Fitting.)

Vlad: Trick...

Boris: Or treat.

"You would think the two scariest dudes in the show dressed up in cheesy costumes would be hilarious, but honestly they're just scarier." Zack says.

(In Marta's office, mariachi music is loud and she gets up to close the window catching Carmen's reflection in it.)

Marta: Carmen Sandiego. I should have surmised that you were responsible for the fake.

Carmen: I'm here about Sonia. You need to forget you ever knew her.

Sonia is even more surprised. Carmen barely knew her, yet she was going this far to try and protect her? Sonia had to blink back more tears.

Marta: And why would I do that?

Carmen: Client list? It'd be a shame if it fell into the wrong hands.

"Blackmail, fun." Sheena says with a grin. Carmen rolls her eyes.

Marta: You are clever, Carmen. May I call you that? But you do have one flaw.

Carmen: Which would be?

Marta: You care too much. You cannot save everyone, you know. Or, everything. Take this one-of-a-kind pre-Colombian artifact. Exquisite, no? But anything is disposable for a price!

(Marta throws the artifact into the air.)

"It's a trap." Several voices say at once.

Carmen: No!

(Carmen catches it and it immediately electrocutes her, knocking her out.)

"Carmen!" Player shouts jerking up in his seat. Without even thinking Carmen pulls him into a hug. She, Gray and Player end up in another cuddle pile. Zack and Ivy climb over their seats to join them. They're practically crushing Gray who's on the bottom of the pile but nobody is willing to move.

Player: Red, you there? Carmen?

(Carmen's tracker goes dead. Marta pulls her client list from Carmen's jacket and hides it in a vase then calls Cleo.)

Cleo: Ah, Marta. You must have the recruit.

Marta: Even better.

(Fireworks go off as Zack and Ivy walk down a side street away from the parade.)

Zack: Oh, Ivy! How many tacos is too many tacos?

"Now I want taco's." Zack groans.

"If you help me in the kitchen, we can have taco's this evening." Antonio says much to Zack's delight.

"Might I join you? I know an excellent recipe for pico do gallo." Lupe says. Antonio smiles and welcomes her to join them.

Ivy: Maybe just once, bro, you should try eating like you're not trying to win a contest.

"Hey there's an idea, lets enter Zack in an eating contest." Player says from somewhere in the cuddle pile.

"I'm in." Zack says.

"I'm not cleaning up when you get sick." Ivy says.

(Ivy's phone rings.)

Player: Guys, I lost contact with Carmen.

(Zack and Ivy bust into Marta's office.)

Ivy: Carm? They must have moved her. No one's here.

Player: I can't track her location. But she mentioned a client list. Do you see and loose papers, or a book maybe?

Ivy: Carmen's gone missing and you want us looking for some stupid book?

"That client book is the only clue you have to a lot of stolen paintings." Kyle points out.

Player: It's a road map to a whole lot of priceless stolen art. You know Carmen's going to want it.

(Marta is driving when her phone rings.)

Marta: Sonia, I hope this means you have given my offer more thought.

Sonia: I'm in.

Marta: Pack a bag. A flight leaves for the school at dawn.

"Does that mean we have to watch those B class operatives again?" Sheena asks.

"Hey be nice Sheena, it's not their fault they're bigger clowns then Maelstrom in that costume." Gray says making almost everyone laugh.

(Sonia wipes her skull makeup away, putting on a hat.)

Sonia: School is gonna be cool.

"Don't say stuff like that." Sheena says.

(Ivy is searching the office.)

Ivy: Could use some help here, bro.

Zack: Oh. Don't feel too good.

(He's about to puke into the vase but see's the client list and quickly gestures Ivy over.)

"At least he didn't puke on it. You and I will be discussing proper portion size's." Lupe tells Zack.

"Yes Tia." He says like a chastised little kid.

Ivy: What? Bingo!

(Zack promptly replaces the book with what was formerly his tacos.)

Player looks at Carmen smirking, Carmen quickly realizes what it's for as eventually Marta is going to look for her book again.

Zack: So much better.

Marta: Who do we have here?

Ivy: Where's Carmen?

Zack: What did you do to her?

Marta: She was here, and then she left. But she did take a rather keen interest in this treasure. A one-of-a-kind pre-Colombian artifact.

Player bursts into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Sonia asks him.

"She's gonna try the same trick she used on Carmen. I don't think it's going to work on Zack and Ivy." Player says snickering.

(Marta turns the device on and once again throws the artifact into the air. Neither Zack or Ivy move as it drops to the ground and shatters.)

Laughter erupts in the room as everyone see's the stunned look on Marta's face as the artifact shatters on the floor.

"I guess it's a good thing these two don't care that much about old artifacts." Gray laughs patting Zack's shoulder from the bottom of the cuddle pile.

"I don't even know what pre-Colombia is." Ivy admits.

Ivy: Hope that wasn't worth a lot.

"More snorts of laughter as Ivy's comment obviously annoyed Marta.

Marta: Anyway, you are much too late. Your friend is about to catch a flight. One which you will never make on time.

(Marta chuckles as Zack and Ivy rush out. She reaches into the vase only to put her hand into Zacks tacos. She gags as she digs around for the book but doesn't find it.)

There's laughter and retching and nobody wants to know about what she just stuck her hand into.

Marta: My book!

(On the airfield)

Spinkick: You must be Sonia. I'm Spinkick.

(Spinkick jumps down swinging a kick stopping inches from an unimpressed Sonia's face)

"Cool under pressure." Shadowsan remarks.

Flytrap: Flytrap. What's your thing?

Sonia: Thing?

Flytrap: Yeah. Your skill.

"I think I understand now, why Carmen seems to be the best of you." Jules says getting everyone's attention.

"What do you mean? I always assumed it was because she grew up on VILE island." Sheena says.

"That is part of it, but think about it. You each have one particular skill that you've honed and made your identity. In comparison, Carmen has a much more versatile skill set and is constantly expanding that skill set." Jules says.

"I don't get it." Kyle says.

"She's saying, each of you is inside a personalized box. That box consists of your skills, your identity as a thief. None of you step outside your box. Carmen however does not have a box. Or more accurately, she is collecting boxes. Every new box is a new skill to add to her repertoire." Chase says. 

"That is an apt metaphor." Jules says. The former operatives think about what they said, and it's true. Except that was almost what was expected, with their code names and everything it was like VILE wanted to put them all in a box.

Sonia: This, I guess.

(She holds up Spinkick's boot.)

"Nice grab." Jean-Paul says.

Spinkick: Cute. Come on, wheels up soon. Check out our precious cargo.

Gray squeezes Carmen, he hated seeing her tied up like that. Carmen presses a kiss to his cheek, running her hands through his hair to calm him.

Sonia: Is this the kind of stuff they'll teach us in school?

Flytrap: Oh yeah.

Sonia: Cool.

"Is nobody worried that she's on board with this?" Zari says, unfortunately drawing attention to herself and Tamara.

"Sera wouldn't have brought her here if she was pro VILE." Ivy snaps.

"You need to think before you speak, or better yet, don't speak at all." Player adds on. 

(As the plane begins take off Zack and Ivy are following in a jeep.)

Flytrap: Hey, were we expecting other students?

"That could be a good cover for a mission." Zack says.

"Yeah if you want to end up on Bellum's dissection table." Gray says.

Ivy: Keep her steady so I can get aboard!

Zack: To do what?

Ivy: I don't know! I'm just trying to think what Carmen would do if I were in there. And Carmen would get on that plane!

"I think that choose your own adventure episode tells you how far I'd go to save you guys." Carmen says.

(Flytraps bolas wrap around Ivy knocking her back onto the seats.)

Ivy: Huh? Heads up, Zack!

(On the plane Carmen turns to see Sonia who begins undoing Carmen's bindings.)

Sonia: It's okay, I was just playing along.

"You're right, there are lines I can't cross. I'm a thief, I didn't sign up for... that." Sonia says.

Carmen: You found that line you couldn't cross pretty quickly.

Sonia: Or maybe I just don't feel like going to a school for losers.

"Hey." Gray says indignantly.

"I thought you hated them." Sonia says.

"I still went to that school." Gray points out.

(Ivy gets back up but the plane lifts out of her reach.)

Ivy: Oh, no!

Zack: Carm!

Sonia: Next time, I'll try to make any crucial life decisions before the plane takes off.

Carmen: Grab a parachute, we need to bail.

(Flytrap gets Carmen)

"When we finally take VILE down, can I get a shot at her?" Player asks.

"Uh you're not leaving the Player cave until they're all behind bars." Carmen says.

"Ugh, fine moooom." Player says sarcastically.

"You're grounded." Carmen shoots back. Before he can respond Player shouts in surprise as Zack accidently elbows him in the ribs.

"This dog pile is getting ridiculous." Ivy says.

"Says the girl on the top." Gray says.

Spinkick: Hey! Aren't you supposed to be on our side?

Sonia: Uh, first-day crime school dropout.

Player hums Beauty School Drop Out from Grease, making Carmen and Gray laugh hard enough to topple the cuddle pile onto the floor.

"You watch musicals?" Gray asks.

"Sometimes." Player says grinning.

(Flytrap throws two bolas, Sonia throws the parachutes obstructing their path but gets knocked away by Spinkick. Sonia stands up holding his boot.)

Spinkick: Hey! My shoe!

"Please, never stop stealing his shoes." Antonio says chuckling.

(Sonia throws it missing him, he throws another kick missing Sonia and hitting the lever to open the bay doors. Everything flies out.)

"Well... that's dangerous." Sonia says.

Sonia: Uh, parachutes work best when you're wearing them, right?

"Generally yes, they are most useful when you're wearing them." Chase says.

(In the cockpit Marta appears on the screen.)

Marta: Turn that plane around! I need those operatives to retrieve my black book!

(The plane turns knocking the two operatives over, Carmen picks up a set of the bolas. She swings them and they fly past both of them severing a strap on a crate and landing at Flytraps feet.)

Flytrap: Not how it works.

"Idiot." Ivy says.

(As the plane turns the crate slides across the floor crushing Flytrap against the wall.)

Carmen: I put my own spin on it.

"PUNS!" Zack shouts.

Zack: Whoa! Ivy!

(Spinkick jumps over the crate attacking Carmen. She takes a kick to the stomach and to the side. Sonia shoves him and Carmen uses her legs to hold him, then shoves him at Sonia who hits him with her bag. Spinkick slams into a locker that pops open to reveal Carmen's stuff.)

"Nice of them to keep your gear on the plane." Jean-Paul says.

Carmen: So that's where you've been hiding.

Marta: Well? Have the operatives been dispatched?

(The two operatives recover to find themselves alone.)

"Not exactly." Kyle says.

Zack: And check it out, Carm. We scored that client list you were after.

Ivy: Go us!

Sonia: So, you guys run around tripping up thieves and stealing back stolen things?

Carmen: Righting the worlds wrings. It's our jam.

"My jam is blueberry." Antonio says. The room goes silent as everyone turns to look at him.

"What did you just say?" Gray asks bewildered.

"Jam, homemade blueberry jam. I make it myself." Antonio explains. Nobody is sure what to say to that and turn back to the screen.

(In a graveyard, Carmen places the locket with her father and her inside down among some candles. Making a little offrenda.)

Carmen: Is it odd to honor the memory of someone I don't actually remember?

"Not at all Chiquita, in fact it's just as important to celebrate the loved ones we didn't get to know. Because someday, when you've lived your life to its fullest, you will be reunited with your father." Lupe tells Carmen.

"I think I'll have to start celebrating Día de los Muertos every year." Carmen says giving Lupe a grateful smile. 

Ivy: You never got to know your dad, but you'll find your mother, Carm. She's out there. Somewhere.

Carmen: Where is that black book? We have some stolen art to liberate.

Ivy: What? No, it's gone! Carmen I swear I had it.

"Sonia?" Carmen says looking at the teen who refuses to turn and look at Carmen.

Sonia: I stole them. It's only right that I steal them back.

"Be careful." Carmen says softly.

(Sonia leaves her apartment, dramatically letting her hair down, looking a bit like Carmen from behind.)

(A/N HOLY CRAP! Was that foreshadowing the finale?)

Brunt: You lost Carmen Sandiego and our new recruit?

(She smashes her pumpkin splattering it across herself and the other three faculty members.)

"HA! Can I get a screenshot of that? I want to make a banner and hang it up." Player says.

"Same here." Gray says.

Cleo: Worst. Halloween. Ever.

Maelstrom: But Halloween isn't over until it's over, my undead queen. Have you forgotten that The Cleaners are currently en route to New Orleans for what promises to be an even greater haunt?

(End)

"It's not over until it's over? How profound, you know it also doesn't begin until it begins." Chase says. Julia rolls her eyes at the comment. As everyone gets up for the break Carmen extracts herself from the tangled mess of limbs and goes over to Sonia.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asks.

"Is there a way I'm supposed to feel? I mean how am I supposed to react to that?" Sonia asks.

"Trust me, I get how weird this all this. I've been here for a couple days and it's hard to believe an interdimensional being dragged us here to watch our future, just for her own amusement."

"But look at all the good it's done. If she hadn't done that, none of you would be together, and friends." Sonia says.

"You're right, our little make shift family is growing. Sonia... you're welcome as well. No conditions." Carmen tells her. There's a beat of silence before Carmen realizes that Sonia's started crying.

"I just want to belong somewhere." She chokes out. Carmen pulls her into a tight hug as Sonia lets out all the emotions she hasn't let herself confront since her parents death. Respectfully everyone else keeps their distance to let them have this private moment. Almost everyone in the room understood her pain, and they were prepared to help her however she needed them to.

______________________________________________________________

HOW DID THIS CHAPTER END UP SO ANGSTY!!!! I didn't do that on purpose, it just kind of happened. Somebody stop me! At this rate season 4 is going to be an absolute crap show!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.8K 23
I just wanted to make a season 2. Juke will be a slowburn, Sorry. I want to make it as realistic to the show as possible. Mainly focusing on juke, b...
13K 244 13
Yall know what time it is... All Disney characters do not belong to me except my character oc Maria
666 8 13
Season 2 to my first book Again I own nothing in this book everything belongs to there original creators
13.2K 270 23
I do not own Anne with an E! ( oc Γ— gilbert ) Season 1 - Season 2 #9 π’Šπ’ π’‚π’π’π’†π’”π’‰π’Šπ’“π’π’†π’š #16 π’Šπ’ 𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒆 #18 π’Šπ’ π’ˆπ’Šπ’π’ƒπ’†π’“π’•π’ƒπ’π’šπ’•π’‰οΏ½...