Intermission

Carmen stands in front of Shadowsan with a stern look on her face.

"We need to talk. Now." She says. Shadowsan nods knowing this was inevitable once his true intentions were made known by the show. The two walk away to the furthest corner of the room.

"Before you begin asking your questions, let me explain. I was on  a job in Argentina for VILE, I was not on the faculty at the time, I returned to VILE with you and the faculty voted to keep and raise you. I joined the faculty after that."

"What job was so important that let you join the faculty after?" Carmen asks. Shadowsan hesitates thinking about how much he should divulge.

"I went to Argentina to apprehend a traitor." He says carefully.

"What did they do?" 

"It does not matter what they did. I regretted bringing you to the island, watching you grow up I knew some day you would wish to enter the academy. I had hoped to prevent you from following the same path I did. That is why I was always harsh with you, and why I failed your exam."

"If you regretted being a part of VILE so much why did you stay?"

"Because, one does not simply leave VILE. Like the traitor I tracked down in Argentina, I would of been hunted. My future self will be hunted once the faculty realize he has betrayed them."

"Okay, I get it. Does this mean your going to be a bit more sociable during the show?"

"I will consider it." That seemed to be the end of the conversation as Shadowsan returns to his seat. 

"Hey, can we talk?" Gray asks walking up to her. Carmen prepares herself for another rough but much needed conversation.

"Yeah, lets talk."

"Look I was wrong, about a lot of stuff but mostly about VILE. They're loyalty is only to themselves, they would drop anyone no questions asked if they thought it might risk their profits. I was stupid not to see that. So, if you'll have me I'd like to help you in taking them down." Gray explains.

"Well I'm open to letting you help, but I'm not the only one on the team." She says turning to where Player, Zack and Ivy are eavesdropping on their conversation.  

"I vote he joins the team." Player says immediately. Zack and Ivy exchange a look before nodding.

"We're willing to give him a chance, but let it be known if you slip up I will personally end you." Ivy says giving her best imitation of Shadowsan's glare she could manage. Gray found the girl nearly as terrifying as the samurai and realized between her team and Shadowsan his feelings for Carmen just got a lot more complicated.

There's a flash of light and after looking around everyone realizes Gray and Shadowsans seats have been moved over to be directly behind Carmen and her teams, and right next to Jules.

"This is going so much better then I had planned. I can't wait to see what else happens." Sera's voice says.

"Is anyone else a bit weirded out by how invested she is in our lives?" Player asks. There's a few shrugs.

"I'm invested because you're lives are so interesting." Sera says.

"Well the timer is running down, lets grab some snacks and get settled." Carmen says.