Start All Over × Luke Hemmings

By cuddlinghemmings

New Country. New School. New Friends. New Life. New Beginning. Fresh Start. Clean Slate. Start Over. Have you... More

Well That's Just Fab.
So I'm Not A Freak.
You Alright Nessa?
Meeting Mrs Bell.
Cute Late Night Phone Calls And Skype Dates.
First Fan Encounters.
Why Do You Hate Me So Much?
Are They Mad?
It's Like Girl Code.
Only A Dream.
Shopping Adventures And Water Balloons (Part One)
Shopping Adventures And Water Ballons (Part Two)
Yano, Mother's Instinct
Friendly Clifford.
He's A Cuddler.
You're A Cow, You Know?
He's Perfect, She's Perfect.
Door Knob!
We Make A Pretty Good Team.
Dat Epic Cute Date.
King And Queen.
Birthday Partay
Beach, Shopping, Bad News.
On Top Of The Fucking World.
Forever In My Heart.
And All These Little Things.
But I'm Your Dork.
For The Love Of A Daughter.
Harry's Party.
Let's Go Be Cute.
Hot Date.
Ruining Everything.
These Boy's Are Flipping Adorable.
Having You In My Life Is Enough.
Mrs Gaskarth And Mrs Tomlinson
You're An Evil Match Maker.
But He Promised.
Date Night.
Happy With Yourself Hemmings?
Touring And Party Planning.
Birthday Girl.
Party, Party, Party!
Digging Yourself A Bigger Hole, Hemmings.
If You Were Here, Everything Would Be Okay.
You Cheesy Fuck.
I Was Born Ready.
The Beauty Of My Social Life, Wow's Me.
Boys Are Dumb.
I Hate Goodbyes.

First Day Jitters And New Friends.

339K 2.6K 2.7K
By cuddlinghemmings

Vanessa's P.O.V

It's my first day at my new school. In a new country. In my new life. I will be fine. Everyone will like you. No need to panic!

What are you saying they'll hate you don't be so stupid.

I kept trying to think positive but my brain kept bursting my bubble.

"Deep breaths you can do this" I kept mumbling to myself.

My mum had just dropped me off at my new school in complete silence. We haven't talked much in the past few days. Things haven't been too good between us lately.

Here I am walking up to the school office wearing my All Time Low band t-shirt, a black over-sized cardigan and bright red skinny jeans, with my long wavy light brown hair falling down my back. (Let's pretend she goes to a cool high school with no uniform)

I really regret the red jeans now. Everyone is staring at me and whispering. I must really stand out and I probably look incredibly awkward.

Just smile. The day will be over soon.

I walked into the school office to be greeted by a young woman probably mid 20's. She was one of those over-happy types.

"Hello there. How can I help?" The lady at the front desk asked me with the biggest smile. Why cant I be that happy?

"Hi. Um I'm Vanessa Bell. It's my first day here. I got told to come here?" I said awkwardly.

"Uhh yes! I've been expecting you Miss Bell. Here is your timetable, and here is your lovely tour guide Tesh McRae" She passed me a piece of paper and a girl with red hair and cute freckles popped out from around the corner who I was guessing was Tesh McRae.

"Uh, thanks" I half smiled.

"Hope you have a lovely first day Vanessa! Don't hesitate to come back if you need anything" The overly-happy lady at the front desk said.

"Sure, thank you. Bye" I say politely and turned to walk away and find my home room.

When I heard "Hey Vanessa wait up!" I turned around. It was that Tesh girl.

"What's up?" I asked, probably sounding rude, I really gotta work on my people skills.

"Hey, I'm Tesh. I'm meant to show you around and be like your helper or whatever" She said sounding quite shy and mumbling a little bit.

I walked away quickly before cause I thought she would be stuck-up and not want to show me around. But I have a feeling she's a lot nicer than I first thought. Again, really gotta work on those people skills.

"Ohh, right. I'm Vanessa. Could you help me find my homeroom please?" I asked with a smile. Maybe I can make a friend. Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

"Of course! Let me see your timetable?" I pass her my timetable and she starts smiling and laughing. I look at her a little weirdly wondering why she's laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask. I was rather confused about her outburst. She lifts her head up slightly blushing.

"Oh sorry. You didn't need to hear my hideous laugh, it's just we have most classes together, but you take music and photography, and I take cooking and fashion & design. But other than that you'll see me most hours of the day" She says smiling, still slightly blushing from getting embarrassed earlier.

"You're laugh isn't hideous, I think it's cute. Well I guess that's a good thing. I'll have someone to sit with." Shit. Did I say that? What were you thinking? She's not gonna want to sit with you. She started smiling.

"Really you wanna sit with me? You want to sit with me?" She seemed very surprised with what I said.

"Well yeah, if that's alright with you."

"I would love to sit with you! This is so embarrassing but I have no friends that are girls. I sit by myself in all my classes, except for the few I have with my boyfriend Michael. At lunch I sit with him and his mates." She said with her head down, looking ashamed of what she had just said.

"Tesh, it's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about it. I had no friends at my old school so don't worry. I'm not going to judge you or anything. I'll be your friend" I said with a huge smile on my face. So maybe this friend making thing isn't rocket science.

"Really? But you're so nice and pretty." She says sweetly.

"Thanks. We'll save that story for another day aye? We should probably get to class?" I said trying to push away the subject of my old school. I wasn't ready to tell her everything, but for some reason I feel as though Tesh and I have just clicked.

"Oh, you are so right. Don't worry you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to. Come on let's go." Tesh said smiling.

"Thank you. Ok where to first?" I ask happily.

"We have homeroom for about 10 minutes, then we have English" She said, using a disgusted tone when she said English.

"Not a fan of English?" I ask, her tone of voice gave it a way a little.

"I don't mind the subject, just the people in our class are quite mean." She says sadly.

"Oh, well we'll just ignore them." I said smiling.

She nodded, and we set off to our homeroom class. It must be like roll call or something? Tesh came to a stop in front of a class room. I quickly did a scan of the area so I could hopefully remember where this room was because I'm guessing this is it. My first stop for the morning.

"This is it" Tesh said smiling nervously. I had a feeling she was dreading this as much as I was.

She opened the door and we walked in. We were a little late so all the heads in the class turned around and stared and whispered probably talking about the new girl, aka ME!

"Nice of you to join us Miss McRae. Have a seat. You must be Vanessa?" The middle-aged man asked me.

"Yeah, that's me" I said with a little confidence.

"Welcome. I'm Mr Daniels" He turned to the class and said "Can I have your attention for a minute please class? Vanessa here is a new student from New Zealand. Please make her feel welcome." No-one really said anything just the odd "Sure Mr Daniels" and a couple of laughs. I quickly walked over to the seat by Tesh before anyone could stare any longer.

The first few periods of school were okay. I had them all with Tesh so it was good. She was right about the people in our English class. They kept saying horrible things to her, I wanted to speak up but I felt a bit out numbered.

I found out a lot about her and we talked about heaps of random things. I think I may have made a friend. Hopefully this friendship lasts unlike my other friends who ditched me.

We were on our way to the field where she usually has lunch with her boyfriend Michael and some other people. She told me that Michael is in a band called 5 Seconds Of Summer and asked if I wanted to come to their show this Saturday, and of course I said yes. I just hope they're good and not some preppy boy band that have stupid dance moves and dress the same.

We were walking towards a group of four guys, three blonds and one with darker hair. From what I could see they all looked rather cute.

We reached them and I was right the were really cute.

Luke's P.O.V

I looked up from my notepad because I heard footsteps coming towards us. First I saw Tesh. She was with a girl.

She was pretty. Really pretty. She had long wavy brown hair and sparkly green eyes. To make everything even better she was wearing an All Time Low t-shirt and she also had a killer smile.

Who is she? I hope she sits with us more often. How come I've never seen her before? Maybe she's new? I probably look like a retard gawking at her.

"Close your mouth Luke, before she notices" Calum whispered in my ear.

"Shut up" I looked down and carried on writing the song I've been working on.

Vanessa's P.O.V

"Hey beautiful" Said a boy with blond hair and a long fringe who jumped up and gave Tesh a hug.

"Hey Mikey" She said giving him a kiss on the cheek. I mentally awed at there cuteness. "This is Vanessa. She's a new student here. I said it would be alright for her to sit with us. Is that okay?" Tesh said pointing to me.

"Hey Vanessa. I'm Michael. Of course she can babe." Michael said giving me a hug that I was not expecting and replying to Tesh with a loving smile.

"Hey. Thanks for letting me sit with you" I smiled at him. He had one of those friendly personalities which was a good start.

"Don't mention it. Any friend of Tesh's is a friend of mine" He smiled and sat back down.

Tesh and I sat down on the grass. I felt so awkward and weird.

"Heeeeey Tesh, who's this pretty lady?" Said the boy with the darker hair. I looked up.

"Oh right. Everyone, this is Vanessa. It's her first day so be nice." Tesh said in a serious but joking tone.

All the boy's waved and smiled and mumbled there hello's. They had this awkwardly cute nature about them.

"I'm Calum. Nice to meet you Vanessa." The dark haired boy said with the cutest smile.

"Hey. Nice to meet you too" I smiled.

"I'm Ashton and this here is the socially awkward penguin we call Luke." A blond boy who looked a little older than the rest of them said pointing to the other blond boy who just looked up from his writing pad and smiled and awkwardly waved. He had the most perfectest smile and was a very cute socially awkward penguin.

"Hello. Nice to meet you and your socially awkward penguin" I laughed. Oh why did I laugh my laugh is so horrible. Who am I kidding, everything about me is horrible.

Tesh looked up from her phone. "And you said I had a cute laugh" She said and smiled. I just started blushing.

All the boy's were lovely and so funny. I had the best lunch time I've like ever had. I couldn't stop laughing. Luke started to talk a lot more. He was so nice and funny and cute and he's just perfect. Oh god you just met him shut up Vanessa.

It turned out we all, except Tesh, had music class after lunch, so yay I wasn't going to be a loner. Before we left for music class Tesh wanted to talk to me, so we walked off saying our goodbyes.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I saw the way you looked at Luke. You so like him!" She said smiling like an idiot. I was shocked, how can she read me so well and we only met like four hours ago?

"He's cute I guess" I said trying to cover up my crush.

"Don't lie. I know you have a crush. And guess what? He's single." She says with a mischievous smile on her face.

"TESH! We only just met! He probably thinks I'm weird anyway." I say sadly. Somebody that perfect would never go for me and all my imperfections.

"I've known him for a long time Vanessa. I'm pretty sure he likes you" I couldn't help but smile.

"We'll see what happens, okay?" She smiled.

"Okaaaay. Let's go before we're late again." We started walking back to the boys.

Calum's P.O.V

I could tell by the way Luke was acting he was so crushing on Vanessa and I don't blame him. She is very pretty and a nice girl.

"Luke." I whispered so Michael and Ashton couldn't hear. They were too busy talking about something anyway to notice.

"Yeah." He whispered back.

"You so like Vanessa?" I teased.

"What no. We only just met?" He turned away blushing and looking at the floor.

"You can't lie to me Luke."

"Fine. I like her" I smiled. I was right.

"Talk to her" I gestured to the girls walking back to us.

"Maybe. We'll see what happens." He said.

Vanessa's P.O.V

We got back to the boys. Calum and Luke were talking, and Michael and Ashton were talking about who knows what.

"Hey. You guys ready for music?" I asked. They all jumped up and grabbed their stuff.

"See ya later Tesh" I said giving her a hug. I'm not to sure if that was pushing the "we've been friend for about four hours" boundary but she didn't seem to have a problem, so maybe I am worthy of friends after all.

"Hey. Wanna come over after school?" She asked me.

"Sure. Meet you at the school gate thing?" I asked. I think I'll be able to find that. Well I hope I can.

"Yep sure. Have fun in music guys" She said walking away and waving.

"Off to music we go" Luke yelled.

I just started laughing at him. He's such a goofball. A very cute goofball.

******************************************************************

Thank you for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 20.7K 82
He paused, looking over at me and frowned, his beautiful face contorting into a sad grimace. "Why did you resist me?" I felt his hand reach out and...
38.2K 1.6K 47
When you're born, a small timer is imprinted on your wrist. This small timer counts down. It counts down to the moment you meet your soul-mate. Luke...
2.1K 81 30
So, my parents are high-ed rich business woman and business man who runs one of the most successful firm in the world; and there goes Bianca, the mis...
7.4K 268 42
"You need to hang on." he told her through his tears. "I need you." She nodded. "You come back to me alive." he whispered. He leaned in and gently ki...