First Day Jitters And New Friends.

Vanessa's P.O.V

It's my first day at my new school. In a new country. In my new life. I will be fine. Everyone will like you. No need to panic!

What are you saying they'll hate you don't be so stupid.

I kept trying to think positive but my brain kept bursting my bubble.

"Deep breaths you can do this" I kept mumbling to myself.

My mum had just dropped me off at my new school in complete silence. We haven't talked much in the past few days. Things haven't been too good between us lately.

Here I am walking up to the school office wearing my All Time Low band t-shirt, a black over-sized cardigan and bright red skinny jeans, with my long wavy light brown hair falling down my back. (Let's pretend she goes to a cool high school with no uniform)

I really regret the red jeans now. Everyone is staring at me and whispering. I must really stand out and I probably look incredibly awkward.

Just smile. The day will be over soon.

I walked into the school office to be greeted by a young woman probably mid 20's. She was one of those over-happy types.

"Hello there. How can I help?" The lady at the front desk asked me with the biggest smile. Why cant I be that happy?

"Hi. Um I'm Vanessa Bell. It's my first day here. I got told to come here?" I said awkwardly.

"Uhh yes! I've been expecting you Miss Bell. Here is your timetable, and here is your lovely tour guide Tesh McRae" She passed me a piece of paper and a girl with red hair and cute freckles popped out from around the corner who I was guessing was Tesh McRae.

"Uh, thanks" I half smiled.

"Hope you have a lovely first day Vanessa! Don't hesitate to come back if you need anything" The overly-happy lady at the front desk said.

"Sure, thank you. Bye" I say politely and turned to walk away and find my home room.

When I heard "Hey Vanessa wait up!" I turned around. It was that Tesh girl.

"What's up?" I asked, probably sounding rude, I really gotta work on my people skills.

"Hey, I'm Tesh. I'm meant to show you around and be like your helper or whatever" She said sounding quite shy and mumbling a little bit.

I walked away quickly before cause I thought she would be stuck-up and not want to show me around. But I have a feeling she's a lot nicer than I first thought. Again, really gotta work on those people skills.

"Ohh, right. I'm Vanessa. Could you help me find my homeroom please?" I asked with a smile. Maybe I can make a friend. Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

"Of course! Let me see your timetable?" I pass her my timetable and she starts smiling and laughing. I look at her a little weirdly wondering why she's laughing.

"What's so funny?" I ask. I was rather confused about her outburst. She lifts her head up slightly blushing.

"Oh sorry. You didn't need to hear my hideous laugh, it's just we have most classes together, but you take music and photography, and I take cooking and fashion & design. But other than that you'll see me most hours of the day" She says smiling, still slightly blushing from getting embarrassed earlier.

"You're laugh isn't hideous, I think it's cute. Well I guess that's a good thing. I'll have someone to sit with." Shit. Did I say that? What were you thinking? She's not gonna want to sit with you. She started smiling.