The Reject (On Hold)

By Cornelia_eve

Edith Gailent de Albemont is the crown princess of the American Kingdom. Her life is full of happiness and j... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Guide

Chapter 18

2.4K 72 9
By Cornelia_eve

From the voice, I know that it belong to Michelle. My mates just rejected her but she is already on another spree and messing around with another wolf.

But a familiar scent hit me. It's the smell of my mates mixed with Michelle's scent. My blood freeze instantly and I can't believe what I'm hearing and smelling.

The sound getting stronger and the scent got even more mixed up. This is just a coincidence right?

I approach the slightly ajar door and only to confirm. My guess is right. I know what they're doing and I refuse to watch any further.

Somehow I'm disappointed and sad. What would I expect? I almost belief that they want to make me their Luna and accepted me as their mate.

Apparently, it was only a joke for them. They didn't want me, they just want to make me look like a fool.

They wanted a payback for what I have done to their pack. By playing with my emotion. I can't believe they make me look like a fool twice.

Once I accepted their proposal, I bet they would make fun of me. I can't stay here any longer, I need to leave as soon as possible.

Because of my heat, I made a lapse of judgment and decide to make amends between the three of us.

Then I realise, it's only a mistake. I'm the only one who always try to make this relationship works and they have been playing games this whole time.

I ran outside and shift not caring if someone would notice me. Time flies and I'm not sure how many hours I have spent running.

My feet start to hurt and my eye is blurry. There's a blurry figure of a log and I'm late to jump above it. It cause me to trip and fall.

I no longer having the energy to get up. Due to all that running, I'm feeling numb and empty inside. I can no longer feel the pain and that's a good thing.

I fall asleep once again under the cover of darkness and noises of small animals surrounding me.

The next day, I head straight to the pack's garage. I decide to skip breakfast and will just eat on the way.

Sleeping in the forest for two nights straight have drained me. My body is still aching and the fatigue just won't go away.

I yawn and stretch while continue walking in a hurry. Before I reach the pack's garage, I must pass the living room.

Moon goddess must have love to see me suffer because I met Michelle again. She's wearing a tight skirt paired with a camisole.

I notice her intention. She's trying to flaunt the bite mark left by my ex-mates. I ignore her not giving the attention that she want.

Hurrying my steps, I arrive at my garage and currently standing in front of my car. I quickly open the door and start the car's engine.

On my peripheral vision, I could see two figures approaching me. What's wrong with my fate today.

I need to face one nuisance after another. They scream at me to wait but I didn't want to talk anymore with them.

I'm done giving chances. I floor it and leave but not before hearing Claude asking me who I really am. Yeah right not even in a hundred years I would tell him.

They must have notice my aura and got curious. That's must be the reason why they hurried down to come and look for the source.

I can still feel Sierra. She refuse to open her eyes and just sleep because she can't handle the disappointment.

"I'm sorry Sierra, this is all my fault."

Then I saw Sierra slowly opening her eyes.

"This is not your fault, stop apologising."

"It is. I shouldn't give them a second chance. What was I thinking!"

"It's their fault. They shouldn't waste their chance and beg us for forgiveness. Yet, they choose to screw around with that white wolf."

I didn't rebuke Sierra's word because I know that she's half right and I don't want us to argue. Especially now.

Continuing to drive away, I'm on my way back home. I miss my family so much. Seeing them will probably make me feel slightly better.

After one whole day spent on driving, I finally arrive home safely. I immediately find my mom and dad and hug them.

Seeing them is such a relief. It took my mind of from my mates. They ask me to have a supper but I'm not feeling hungry.

I feel miserable right now and I don't want to break down in front of them. Carol is mind linking me asking where I am and wanting to meet me.

She didn't expect me to be home so early especially after I told her my plan. I didn't want to meet anyone right now and I just wanted to be alone.

So I apologise to her and ask if we can talk tomorrow.

The next following moths were miserable. I'm not doing anything besides crying and cooped up in my room.

My parent is worried but decide to give me some space. I ask Riley to explain to them but I make him promise not to reveal who my mates are.

Upon hearing this, they're furious and even want to threaten the whole packs trying to find who my mate is.

Riley managed to talk them out of it and mention that I will be even more sad if they do it.

Since I keep refusing to eat, Carol and my mom keep visiting my mom. They're persuading me to eat even it's just one bite.

I start to lose my weight gradually. My eyes have lost its natural colour and my usual joyous personality is gone.

My days are filled with crying and screaming. I cried for my foolishness and my cruel fate given to me. I get my heart broken twice by the person who is supposed to be my other half.

Lionel is also worried about me but I personally asked my mom not to let him enter my room. I don't want him to see how miserable I am.

I know he can hear my scream at night. I want all of this to stop but I can't help it. This sadness won't go away no matter what I do.

Countless time I think about getting revenge but what could I gain from doing it? Nothing and it'll only let me feel even worse. I would also be trapped in an endless revenge loop.

While I was on my absent, my dad is the one who took up most of my responsibility. He work harder more than he used to.

I feel bad for letting my personal problem affecting everyone in this castle. Everyone including the staffs are worried.

Until one day, Riley have had enough of my attitude. He lectured me about one day when I need to ascend the throne.

I need to move on and reminding me on my responsibility to lead my people one day. In four years, I will be crowned queen.

Countless packs and members throughout America are depending on me. He knows that this mate problem isn't a small one but will I let myself be affected for this long.

The best revenge that I could get is by showing them that I have moved on and won't let anything bring me down anymore.

I need to show them that I could become full, even without my mate. After Riley leave my room, I continue to ponder on his words.

It took me several days to process those words. Before finally, a switch is turned on inside of me. I start to feel my energy coming back at me.

No more hiding inside my room. I need to get out from this cage of sadness and self pity. I've come this far and I need to continue my fight.

Thanks to Riley's help and lecture, I slowly begin to be the person that I used to be before I meet my mate.

Within a full month, I almost made a full recovery. I start to fully participate in all my training regime and I start to gain back the muscle that I lost.

My mind have become clear and my goal is set. I live for no one but my family and kingdom. I won't let my mates affect me again.

I increase the intensity of my training to make up for the loss of time. I'm back to my old self and continue to do what I used to do when I'm at home.

My activities are filled with lots of training and handling documents. Those documents are usually asking for my signature for permit, patent, agreement with another kingdom or packs, etc.

After another month, I make a full recovery. I'm ready to continue my journey on trying to find who Nereus is.

Since I come back, I never told anyone about Nereus. I don't want to make them even more worried than they already are.

I decide to held a meeting that consist of my dad, my mom, Carol, Riley and several council members that I know I can trust.

Revealing all the information that I know about Miles and Nereus. It's not much but I tell them exactly what happened during Shadow Ridge pack's invasion.

My dad hand out an order to find out who Nereus is. He could be a threat not only towards our kingdom but to every royalties in the world.

We decide to keep this information a secret since it would cause panic and havoc if it were to spread out.

After waiting for a week, we decide to held another meeting. As expected, there are no information regarding Nereus.

We have tried asking the captured rogues in our dungeon, searching information on books from the library, and still nothing.

I can see that everyone start to become wary. We can't just sit here and do nothing like sitting ducks. 

The rogues could attack us any time without our knowledge, and I bet it wouldn't be a small one. We must think of something and quick to prevent and all-out war.

Come on think think think. What can we do? What should we do? Who can help us?

An idea suddenly showed up in my head. But in order to do this, I would need everyone cooperation.

One slip and everyone will be in danger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 1.2K 15
Book 8 of the Regal Eclipse Pack Series. This book contains spoilers for the first 6 Books: Alpha King's Missing Mate (#1) The Alpha King's Slave (#2...
17.4K 459 21
Rejected and abandoned Years ago queen Araceli lost the loves of her life her mate king Dmitri and her daughter princess Alessandra The moon godde...
117K 3.9K 33
My life was never ordinary, I was never really exposed to the normal of the world. Being a werewolf is never easy, not when being rejected comes into...
150K 3.9K 37
She was always her twins shadow. The dark silhouette that hid in the background while her sister took all the attention on the front lines. She becam...