gamer of the multiverse (game...

By alfieble

One guy jumps of a building to end it all but instead of what he wanted he gets a new life. A new life as a g... More

bio
Rewritten Prologue- An end and a start
Rewritten chapter 1- Roses beacon of hope
Rewritten chapter 2- Welcome to Beacon
Rewritten chapter 3 - Initiation
Rewritten chapter 4 - Silver
chapter 6-Another day of bullshit
Extra chapter-random bullshit
Chapter 7- Some depressing things and murder
Chapter 8- Dungeon number 2
Chapter 9- Bang bang bang
Chapter 10- Dungeon and Blake
Chapter 11- Vergil and a new home
Chapter 12- Some more problems
Chapter 13- test of strength
Chapter 14- More worlds
Chapter 15- TO THE PLOT
chapter 16- grinding sucks
chapter 17- preparing for hell
chaper 18- Round 2

Rewritten chapter 5 - Can't catch a break

1.7K 31 10
By alfieble

(Younger me thought this chapter was trash so lets see if I can make it better. Anyway no question this time, just a fun fact. I had to write this chapter twice cuz im stupid and accidentally got rid of the first rewritten version. Hope the effort was worth it and yall enjoy)

I wake up but don't open my eyes. I take a moment to process my dream. It wasn't a nightmare like I normally have, I don't think so anyway. It didn't leave me waking up in tears and fearing for my life at least. I remember being in some weird tower and fighting some freaky demonic looking things. The dream ended just as I reached the top of the tower though. The details quickly escape me as Ruby blows that damned whistle of hers, shattering my thoughts.

W: "What in the world is wrong with you!?"

(Y): "Can't believe i'm agreeing with Weiss but yeah, what the fuck?"

S: "Make that foul noise again and i'll send you to the deepest depths of hell"

Oh right, Silver exists. Honestly thought she was part of that weird dream but apparently not. Ruby chucks something at me from underneath her bed. I catch it and check what it is. Oh its a swear jar. I quickly open the window and throw it as far as I can, think I hit a bird.

(Y): "I told you, we're not doing that anymore"

R: "Well I say we are so stop breaking them. You're running out of money"

(Y): "I'll keep doing it unti- I'm sorry who's money?"

R: "Not important. What is important is that it's time for Team RWBY's first mission"

W: "What?"

Y: "Decorating!"

B: "We still need to unpack"

She holds up a suitcase which promptly empties itself onto the floor.

B: "...and clean"

S: "You woke me up to unpack and clean? Apologies apprectice but I may end up killing your sister"

(Y): "You can get a turn after i'm through with her"

Y: "We also need to talk about bro's weird girlfriend"

(Y): "That's fair I guess. She isn't my girlfriend though"

Y: "Ok, your fu-"

(Y): "No, either way it's unimportant and i'll take to Ozpin about her later"

S: "I'm sure Ozma will be fine with me sticking around"

(Y): "Ozpin"

S: "Same person"

R: "We'll take about her later. It's time for our first mission as team RWBY to begin, Banzai!"

Y/B/(Y): "Banzai!"

All four of us raise our arm and tilt to the side. Weiss and Silver seem unimpressed. I go back to my corner to relax as RWBY decorates their room. 

S: "Are you going to help them?"

(Y): "Nope. They've got stuff to unpack while I don't so I'll trust them to make it look nice"

We both watch as Ruby cuts the curtains in half.

(Y): "Well, at the very least, I'll trust that they can fix whatever mess they make"

RWBY finishes unpacking and we all look at the completed room. It doesn't look bad, although Yang still has that stupid poster and blake seems to have put a bunch of smut on the shelves.

(Y): "Nevermind, you're all idiots"

R: "Shush"

B: "It is a bit cramped"

Y: "Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff"

(Y): "Oh look at that, Yang using common sense. You don't see that every day"

R: "Or we could ditch the beds and replace them with bunk beds!"

(Y): "And theres Ruby to bring to bring down the group"

W: "That sounds incredibly dangerous"

(Y): "Last time she tried it I ended up getting crushed under her bed. I still haven't forgiven her"

Y: "Bro, stop being a nerd and admit it sounds awesome"

B: "It does seem efficient"

(Y): "Well it won't be me getting crushed so sure, go for it"

They get to work on the beds, Ruby using rope and Blake using books, while me and Silver continue to just watch.

S: "Are all the humans of this age so foolish?"

(Y): "Most of them, yeah"

S: "Then my time here will be interesting" 

I let out a hum as RWBY finishes up their beds. They are held up by ropes, books and a lot of hope. Well good thing they have their aura, those beds would probably kill a normal person.

R: "Alright our next order of business is... classes"

Going to school again will be weird. In my last life I got bullied to death, at least thats the short version, and in this life all I remember is people trying to make friends with me to bang Yang. I guess it can't get too much worse than that.

R: "Now we have a few classes together today, at nine we've g-"

W: "What, did you say nine o clock!?"

R: "Uh"

W: "It's eight fifty five, you dunce!"

She runs out the door and we all watch as she does so. Wait, did she say we only have five minutes to get to class?

(Y): "Well, ain't that a b-"

Ruby pushes me out the way as she runs after Weiss. I look across the hall to see JNPR watching them run off too.

J: "Class?"

(Y): "yep"

J: "We're gonna be late!"

JNPR falls over themselves then runs towards class too. Welp it'd leave a bad impression to be bad for my first day of class. I run after them and catch up to them as they run through the courtyard. 

(Y): "Morning Jaune"

J: "Bit busy!"

(Y): "Yeah, fair enough"

We barely make it on time, Silver was somehow already there though. I sit next to her as class starts. Turns out our teacher for this lecture is professor Port and he just doesn't shut up. He hasn't stopped talking since we got here!

S: "This old fool certainly has a large amount of tales to tell"

(Y): "Wish he could tell them in a way that doesn't put me to sleep though"

S: "You should be listening. Boring or not, he has a large amount of knowledge that I expect you to remember and take advantage of"

(Y): "Yeah but damn he just keeps going and going and going. How long has class been going on for?"

S: "Five minutes"

(Y): "Yeah, i'm gonna take a nap"

S: "I shall allow for now"

I spend a moment to look around, mainly making sure Port won't catch me sleeping, then lay my head on the desk. I feel Silver rest her head on my shoulder a moment later. That's weird, didn't take her for the affectionate type.

?: "Sleep"

Yeah, i'm doing th- Wait, who said that? 

I open my eyes and see nothing. Am I in a void again!? I've had enough of voids and falling already. I hear footsteps coming from behind me. I try to turn around to see whos there but I find out that I can't move at all.

The footsteps keep going until they stop right behind me. Nothing happens for a moment but then pain runs through every inch of my body as a sword is stabbed through my chest. The sword glows for a moment and then I start to feel it draining something from me.

[- 1000 hp]

[Warning: You have been stabbed by a soul stealing sword. Your hp will be drained and your power will be added to the blade]

Oh well that's just fucking great! I watch as this creep walks around me and grins down at me. His skin is pure white with some purple marks on his face. He also has black shoulder length hair which fades into a pinkish red at the ends. He has writing in his eyes but I can't make out what it says.

E: "Hello, aren't you just adorably pathetic. You may call me Enmu and i'm here on a mission to kill you. My master has powered up my abilities and allowed me full control over the dream dimensions, all so I can kill you. You've been gathering power too quickly for my masters liking. Now be good and die quickly"

He just stares at me with a sadistic expression while I try to figure a way out of this. None of my current skills are gonna help so maybe my silver eyes can help out. We're in a void so theres no light for me to absorb and even then what would more mana do for me?

My light absorbtion works by poking a hole in my mana pool to drag any light inside and convert it to mana. Maybe I could try and reverse the concept to make my own light?

Ah screw it, at best I somehow kill this freak and at worst I die anyway. I focus on my mana and guide it towards my eyes. I focus on the silver magic that's flowing from my eyes and use it as a filter to turn my mana into silver magic. I may have used too much mana considering the entire void was filled with light the second I did so. Well light and screams of pain from Enmu. He's rolls around on the ground screaming in pain as he's burned.

E: "It burns, master it burns! You said I would be safe from the sun but i'm burning!"

[- 9000 mp]

[You have filled this domain with your own light making you the new owner]

[New skill {Dimension open}]

[New skill {Dimension take over}]

[New skill {light flare}]

I took over this place? Well that explains why the place is filled with light now, kinda hurts my eyes though. I quickly pull the sword out of my chest and throw it to the side. That's much better wonder why i'm not bleeding out though.

[This is the dream dimension, reality works differently here. Anyway ya gotta do one last thing before you've truly taken control of the dimension]

Oh right. I walk over to Enmu and stare down at him with hate as I raise Rebellion and slice off his head.  I expect him to die quickly but instead he slowly disintegrates while cursing everything I know and love.

E: "You bastard! My master will avenge me! He will make you watch as he kills every single person you love before erasing you from existense itself!"

I give him a smug smirk as he finally dies. That was anticlimactic, I only had to use one move after all. I had more trouble in initiation than I did with that guy.

[Well you took advantage of his weakness, which seems to have changed from the sun to pure light, possibly a way to balance his increase in power, and beyond that you've been gathering power at an extremely impressive rate. Most gamers take months to reach what you've done in a day]

Well I guess I got lucky then. Guess it's a good thing I put those points into luck.

[Don't be down on yaself. Sure, you were lucky but you were also smart enough to figure out a plan of action before you were too drained to do anything. It is a skill you will find valuable as you progress. Speaking of progress]

[Player defeated a multiversal anomaly. Would you like to claim your rewards now?]

Nah. I'll save it for later, it'll let me put some thought into whatever I get. More than I can right now anyway.

[If ya say so, ya might wanna leave this place by the way. Class is nearly over]

Oh right... How do I do that?

[Ya need to make a gateway for the dimension with one of your items]

What?

[Basically you need to give the dimension an exit and entrance by using one of your items. For example, the gateway for Silver's dimension was the grimoire]

I think I get the idea. I open my inventory and look through my items, theres nothing I really wanna use. Hey system, what happens to the item I decide to use?

[Most of the time it increases the items power due to the amount of mana it takes to make a gateway but it also means that should the dimension ever be destroyed, so will the item]

Well if that's the case, Rebellion shall be my gateway.

[Stab it into the ground then the rest should just come to you]

But theres no floor, the hell am I gonna stab?

[Put some mana in Rebellion, it should connect to your mana thats running through the dimension and let you stab into the core]

Sounds like bullshit, I love it. I channel my remaining mana into rebellion and stab it down with all my might. It stabs into... something. I can see cracks form in the place where I stabbed. It's not worth thinking about.

(Y): "For it is in passing that we understand our true purpose. You shall become the home to the champions of light that defend their home with all their will. Become my home, become my strength. Fuse!"

Rebellion starts to glow and seems to start absorbing everything. Cracks start to form as the dimension shrinks and shrinks until finally it all shatters and im released.

I wake up back in the classroom and take a moment to look around. Weiss is fighting a boar looking Grimm, Ruby seems upset and Silver is looking at me dissapointed.

S: "It took you over an hour to escape that pawns dimension. I expect more from my apprentice"

(Y): "Hey, cut me some slack. I've barely figured out how to use my silver eyes, hell i've barely figured out how to use magic in general"

S: "Which reminds me our training shall be starting tommorow. I shall be pushing you until your soul and body are ready to shatter"

(Y): "Fun"

I look back to the fight but can't really focus, I feel even more exhausted than before my nap.

[- 1000 mp]

[New skill {Fuse}]

[{Rebellion} has been upgraded to {Rebellion (Dimension +1)}]

[Player has ran out of mana. Players body will be weaker and Player will be tired until your mana regenerates]

Well ain't that a son of a bitch? Whatever it should be fine, not really planning to get into any more fights today. I watch as Weiss skewers the Grimm and walks back to her seat. Class is over a few minutes later but I notice that Weiss seems very annoyed.

S: "That girl is going to do something foolish"

(Y): "Probably. I'm sure it will all work out though"

S: "Perhaps but will you remain a bystander simply because you think a situation will end with adequate results?"

She does have a point. Class ends a few minutes later and I notice Ruby run after Weiss who stormed out. I decide to follow them, Silvers right I can't just ignore this. I catch up to them and hide behind a corner. I figure it's better to let them get their feelings out before intruding. 

R: "Weiss, whats wrong with you? Why are you bei-"

W: "Whats wrong with me? Whats wrong with you!? You're supposed to be a leader and all you've been so far is a nuisance"

R: "What did I do?"

W: "Thats just it, you've done nothing to earn your position. Back in the forest you acted like a child and you've only continued to do so"

R: "Weiss, where is this coming from? What happened to all the talk about working together? I thought you believed in acting as a team"

W: "Not a team lead by you. I've studied and trained and quite frankly I deserve better... Ozpin made a mistake"

Weiss walks away and Ruby stands there like a kicked puppy. I walk up to her and pat her shoulder. She looks at me and I can tell she's barely holding back tears.

(Y): "I'll go talk to her. Don't worry about what she said alright? Just keep doing your best, prove that Ozpin didn't make a mistake"

Ruby doesn't get the chance respond as I run after Weiss. Ruby's hurt but she's always been the first to forgive people. Weiss however needs some work to say the least. I catch up to her as she steps out onto a balcony, probably looking for a teacher or something.

The sun setting makes all of Beacon glow beautifully, this place really is amazing. That doesn't matter at the moment though. I walk over to Weiss and tap her shoulder. She seems annoyed to see me, not really surprised.

(Y): "So Ozpin made a mistake huh?"

W: "Of course he did. He placed the most childish, irresponsible little brat as our leader"

(Y): "Ah yes, he should have chosen you. The girl who crys, moans and yells at other people when she doesn't get her way"

W: "Excuse me!?"

I sit down on one of the benches and gesture for her to do the same. She does so but seems ready to leave at a moments notice. That's to be expected though.

(Y): "Weiss, i'm Ruby's big brother. I understand that at times she can be annoying but you're not being fair"

W: "She hasn't done anything to prove that she can be a good leader!"

(Y): "She got you through initiation didn't she? You've only known her for two days, how could you possibly know how good of a leader she can be?"

W: "She got us through initiation with the most ridiculous excuse of a plan i've ever seen"

(Y): "Yet it worked. Ruby's a prodigy in more than just skills you know? Despite what you may think she is smart"

W: "...But i've worked so hard to be in thi-"

I give her an annoyed glare. It's impressive how many excuses she has to defend her childish behaviour.

(Y): "Everyones worked hard Weiss. Ruby's worked hard, Yangs worked hard, i've worked hard. You're not special because you've put in effort, you only think you're special because you've always gotten what you've wanted."

W: "That's not true at all... Well not completely true"

(Y): "Weiss, i'm not asking you to change your personality over night. All I want is for you to try. I know that you can be a good person if you just try"

W: "...Do you really think I can be a good person?"

(Y): "Of course I do. Just try alright, Ruby and all of us will help you all along the way"

I give her a grin as I get up and stretch a little bit. Hm, i'm feeling a little off. Either way I've done my job so I should get moving... Oh i've fallen down. The ground is comfy at the moment.

W: "Are you okay?"

Yeah of course i'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?

[Not exactly. Remember when I said ya body is weaker without mana?]

Yeah. Everything hurts at the moment, is that normal?

[Not for a normal person. However you have a disease that is meant to have killed you. It was being held back by your mana and you used all of it. In other words ya dying until ya mana comes back]

How long does it take for my mana to come back?

[You should have enough mana in about an hour]

Oh well that's helpful. I barely manage to turn my head to look at Weiss. She looks worried. Look at that, she isn't a complete bitch.

(Y): "Hey Weiss think you can get me a bucket? I'm about to th-" 

I then proceed to throw up all over the balcony. Not a good mix either, fifty percent is whatever I had for lunch yesterday and the rest seems to be blood. That's not healthy. In fact that's very bad.

[Player has unlocked the store. Buy a mana potion?]

Now ya offering shit that can help!?

[I had to unlock the store feature early. It's tough to break the code like that so it takes a while. Don't be a dick, i'm helping you]

I'm dying, I get to be a dick at the moment. Just take what ya need.

[Okie dokie]

[- 100 credits]

[Mana potion has been automatically used]

[+ 5000 MP]

[Player has recovered from mana exhaustion]

All the pain vanishes in a second and I feel my strength returning. I take a moment to get up and do a quick check of myself. I seem to be physically fine and I didn't even get any throw up on me. I turn to Weiss and try to think of an excuse.

(Y): "...Would you believe me if I say thats normal?"

W: "Absolutley not"

(Y): "Yeah I figured. Well let me make this quick and simple, I'm dying"

W: "What!?"

(Y): "Ok maybe that was a bit too simple. Basically I have a disease that'll kill me. I have about a year or two left"

W: "Let me repeat myself. What!?"

(Y): "Look at that, you're making jokes. You're already acting better"

W: "This is serious you dolt"

I let out a hum and sit back down on the bench from before. The sun is starting to set. covering Beacon in an orange glow. It's a good distraction from this conversation at least. Telling someone ya gonna die sucks.

(Y): "I don't see it like that. Sure I only have a short amount of time left to live but I don't want to be miserable the entire time. I want to be happy, make others happy. I want to live like everythings normal until I have to go"

Weiss seems to think over my words for a moment. This is probably the first time she's dealt with something like this so I can understand the need to find the right words.

W: "Very well then I'll put some thought into our discusion"

(Y): "That's all I ask"

Weiss walks off with all of her usual grace. I look up to see the broken moon staring down at me, I wonder how that happened.

S: "It was the brother gods who destroyed the moon. It was their final act of punishment for the humans who tried to fight against them. Few survived but you humans have always been too stubborn to die"

(Y): "Oh really that's in- Holy shit, where did you come from!?"

S: "I was in that dimension you took over. It is an impressive feat to own a dimension and yet you keep it as an empty void. It is dissapointing to say the least"

(Y): "I'll make it pretty when im not recovering from dying"

S: "I do sense that your time in this world has gotten shorter. Another reason to work on your dimension. You may decide to pass it on to someone after all"

(Y): "Again, i'll do it later"

She seems unimpressed with my response before noticing the puddle of vomit and blood on the floor.

S: "You can not even clean up after yourself?"

(Y): "I'm still recovering and don't really have anything for cleaning so not really"

S: "You are a mage, are you not? As long as you have mana you can do anything, even as menial tasks such as cleaning. Observe"

She raises her hand towards the puddle and forms a small silver fireball. It doesn't give off any heat but I can sense something in it. Not sure what though. She launches the fireball and the puddle burns away without leaving any sign of a mess.

(Y): "Ya know I should've asked this sooner but what is silver magic?"

S: "A fair question, there are many tales of what it is after all. Some assume it is a gift from the god of light, while others assume that the magic originated from artifacts that humans took for their own"

(Y): "So whats the truth?"

S: "The truth is that humanity made Silver magic all on their own to fight against the brother gods. They made the magic based on their positive emotions. Their happiness, their love, their hope, all put together to fight against the childish gods who watched over them"

(Y): "And how did that work out?"

S: "Not well. Their magic was strong, strong enough to harm and scar the brother gods but their fear, their greif, their doubt held them back. The brother gods exterminated the mages and took the humans mana away. With it they made a child, a spirit. Not expecting that child to side with humanity and be the final spark that ends them"

She smirked at the moon with her usual smugness but this time it seems more melancholic, nostalgic even.

S: "They were foolish gods and I hated them with every part of my being. So how could I... It is not worth thinking about, that era has long since passed. I am the only thing that remains. Even Ozma has forgotten what truly happened back then"

(Y): "So what did happen?"

S: "I believe I have told you enough for now"

She turns to me with a smug expression still on her face. 

S: "Don't look down my apprentice. Knowing of my origin shall be my reward for when you make me proud"

(Y): "So what did I do to make you proud this time?"

S: "I told you, taking over a dimension is an impressive feat. A feat even I have only done once"

(Y): "Huh, well thanks. It's nice to get to know you, we'll be partners for a while after all"

S: "I'll be making sure of that my apprentice"

We sit there in a comfortable silence for a while. It only lasts for a few minutes before she speaks up again.

S: "You should check on team RWBY. I shall be returning to your dimension to think over what lessons to give you"

She vanishes in a flash of silver light before I get the chance to respond. She's right, I should make sure that Yang hasn't punched Weiss through a wall or something like that. It's pretty late anyway, nothing else for me to do today.

It only takes a minute to reach the dorm. I prepare myself for burnt beds, maybe some ice and a Weiss shaped hole in the wall but instead I find Weiss and Ruby studying together while the others sleep. I don't bother them as I settle back into my corner.

It's been an exhausting day but the futures looking bright. I'm getting stronger, Ruby's making friends and Weiss is becoming a better person. It's only been one day and everything is already changing for the better. I'm sure they'll all be happy even after I die.

[You are filled with hope. Silver magic potential +1]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(So quick note. I'll just have the new skills in this bottom part instead of all of them. In hindsight I should of been doing that from the start but eh)

HP - 10,000/10,000

MP - 10,000/10,000

Aura - 20,000/20,000

Credits - 52,900

Level 92

Strength - 100

Agility - 100

Luck - 75

Wisdom - 100

endurance - 100

points - 0

---

Potential:

Silver magic +1

---

New skills:

Light flare +1 - lvl 1 (Mp cost: Depends of how much you put into the attack, mimimum of 1000 mp)

You channel your mana through yourself, have it fuse with your own hope and use it to launch an attack against any foul beast who wants to end you, your friends or even humanity as a whole.

Light absorb +1 - lvl 1 (Mp cost: 100 minimum)

You poke a hole in your own mana pool to absorb the light from around you. This light can be anything from others mana, to the light from the sun, to even the "light" in someones emotions . At your level you can absorb: pure light

Dimension open - lvl 1 (MP cost: none if it is your dimension, mimimum of 5000 if it is another persons dimension)

The power to crack space itself to enter a dimension under your own, or someone elses, command. The stronger this skill gets the easier it will be.

Dimension take over - lvl 1 (MP cost: Whatever it takes to over power the owners mana)

You have become strong enough to destroy someones connection to their dimension and replace it with your own. The stronger this skill gets the easier it will be.

Fuse - Lvl 1 (Mp cost: minimum of 1000, no limit)

A way to use your mana to link two seperate things and combine them into one object or entity. The more powerful this skill gets, the stronger the combinations will be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 48 31
(This is a remake of Tales of gamers. I will still be making chapters in that book though. This one will be different.) 10 people wake up next to eac...
103 0 22
A new threat puts worlds in danger; countless heros dead, countless worlds destroyed, and all in vain as showing the threat will never stop. The Crea...
43.4K 1.1K 26
Waking up in a white room instead of your bedroom is not normal, hearing a voice in your head is not normal. But being chosen to be a Gamer is someth...
41.9K 480 31
Once a mercenary, Y/N "Jet" L/N is captured by Ozpin after a mission gone wrong. The deal is simple join his school or be killed (if he's lucky). Aft...