Siblings of Corona B2:Life In...

By Cupcakegirlpower

Sequel to Life In the Tower, Tangled AU. Rapunzel, Cassandra, and Varian realize that there is so much more t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 5

1.3K 28 39
By Cupcakegirlpower

None of the videos are mine unless I say otherwise.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Oh, honey, stop beating yourself up. Rapunzel just needs some space. Nobody said dealing with teenagers would be easy," Arianna said.

"Teenager or not, Ariana, she will be queen one day. I have to prepare her for that."

Frederic looked out at their balcony as the sound of a baby crying rang in his ears.  The night when Rapunzel had been taken from him. Guards, guards! My child! Rapunzel!  Frederic closed and locked the windows of the balcony.  "I just want to protect her."

"We don't just have one child to look after Fredric.  We also have our other daughter and our son.  They will need us too," Arianna reminded him.

"Of course, it's just... I know."

◇◇◇◇◇◇

Cassandra and Varian were both on Fidella while Rapunzel was riding Max.

V:Seems like I've spent my whole life hoping
Dreaming of things I've never tried

Varian gasped as fire flies flew past him.

R:Tangled in knots just waiting for my time to shine
What if the doors began to open?

Rapunzel beamed, obviously pleased with the whole adventure, even if it was merely riding in the night.

C:What if the knots became untied?
What if one day, nothing stood in our way

Cassandra took in a deep breath of air.  It was nice being free.

C,R,V:And the world was mine?
Would it feel this fine?

They began to gallop and Varian held Fidella's main tighter.

R:'Cause I got the wind in my hair
C:And a gleam in my eyes
V:And an endless horizon
R:I got a smile on my face
And I'm walking on air

They stopped to get in a pool of water barefooted.  Varian splashed Cassandra and the three of them began a splash fight.

V:And everything life oughta be
It's all gonna happen to us out there
C:And We'll find it, I swear
With the wind in our hair!

They ran out of the pool of water we, but laughing.

So many roads I've yet to travel
V:So many friends I haven't met
R:So many new adventures just around the bend
V:Plenty of mysteries to unravel
C:Tons of mistakes to not regret
R:So much to see, and to do and to be
C,R,V:A whole life to spend
And it doesn't end!

They climbed over the wall and Rapunzel secured a rope.

R:And I got the wind in my hair
And a song in my heart
And the fun's only starting

Rapunzel landed easily on the ground on the outer side of the wall.

V:I got a skip in my step
And I haven't a care

Varian and Cassandra swung down together.

C,V:A beautiful breeze blowing through...
It's gonna carry us who knows where
C: I'll take any dare
With the wind in my hair!

They laughed when the horses used a door to get through.  It would have been easier to use the door.

R:I got a smile on my face
And I'm walking on air!
V:And everything life ought be
But I know that it's waiting for us out there
C:And We'll find it, I swear
C,R,V:With the wind in our hair!

They stopped as they arrived at a broken bridge.  They decided to leave the horses on their end of the bridge and continue without them.

Cassandra began to lead her two siblings across the bridge.  "Just remember, no one can ever know I took you outside the walls of Corona."

"Don't worry! No one is going to find out," Rapunzel assured her.

"I feel like, with my luck, I'm always found out," Varian muttered.

"Don't worry, Varian.  It's gonna be fine.  Anyways, so, Cassandra, what did you want to show us?" Rapunzel inquired.

"Believe me, it's better if you see it for yourself," Cassandra answered.  As they arrived to the place, Cassandra pulled back the long grass, revealing black rocks surrounding a pedestal.

"They're beautiful. What are they?" Rapunzel asked.

Varian's breathing began to become heavier and faster.  The rocks.  They were from his nightmares.

"Don't know. I found them the other week."  Cassandra drew her sword.  "And watch this... Uh, you might want to stand back for this one." She hit the rocks, shattering her sword.

"Wow!" Rapunzel gasped in awe.

"They're unbreakable. Want to know the weirdest part?" Cassandra asked. "This is where they found the miracle flower that saved you, Raps, and Arianna."

Both Rapunzel and Varian stared at the rocks.  Both heard the whispers in their ears. Touch it... Varian's automatic reaction was to back away, but it was like he had no control over his body.  Both their hands reached out, touching the cold, black rocks.  A bright light exploded, throwing the trio off their feet.

They sat up, and Rapunzel gasped as a strand of her hair turned blonde and glowing.  She was pulled up by Cassandra.  "Run!" she cried as the rocks began to burst out of the ground at a rapid speed towards them.

Rapunzel stopped.  "Wait! What is..."

Cassandra pushed her.  "Get to the horses as fast as you can and don't look back, Rapunzel!"  She took Varian's wrist, pulling him along, knowing he was a bit slower. "Don't stop, Rapunzel. Keep going!"

Rapunzel managed to get to the clearing before the others.  She sad suddenly engulfed by a flash of light.  Her hair was suddenly over seventy feet again.  "Um, Cassandra!"

"Keep moving, Rapunzel. We need to get... Whoa! What? What happened?"  Cassandra stopped, but was still holding Varian's wrist.  He was panting and whimpering, but Cassandra couldn't only focus on one thing at a time.

"I have no idea, but we'll have to deal with it later," Rapunzel decided.

They dashed across the bridge as the black rocks continued to chase them.  Rapunzel was suddenly yanked back as hair got caught in the bridge.  She began to tug on it. "Cassandra! My hair!"

"Varian get to Max and Fidella and stay there!"  Cassandra ordered ad she began to run back to Rapunzel.

"But-" he started to argue.

"No!  Go, now!" Cassandra snapped.

Varian did as he was told, even if he felt guilty for leaving his sisters to fend for themselves.  He was the youngest, so he guessed they were automatically going to protect him, but it kind of hurt for some reason.  Like they didn't feel like he was capable of helping, but he knew that it wasn't the case.

The bridge starts to fall, pulling Rapunzel down as Cassandra goes to grab her sword.  Her eyes widened as she realized that she had dropped it along the way. Seeing their predicament, Max ran down the bridge and pulled out Rapunzel's hair where it was stuck.  He ran back and Rapunzel grabbed his saddle and jumped on.  Cassandra reached for it, but missed.

Maximums jumped, saving Rapunzel.  Cassandra leapt off the bridge as it began collapse completely.  She missed the landing, but grabbed a hold of a root.  She was hanging off the cliff.

"Cassandra!"  Rapunzel cried.

Cassandra felt her grasp on the root slip, but suddenly felt her wrist being grabbed.  She looked up, seeing Varian offering a grin full of relief.  With the help of Fidella, he pulled her up.

"See? I told you I'd get you in and out without anyone knowing. Piece of cake," Cassandra snorted sarcastically.

"Piece of cake?"  Rapunzel snapped.  "Uh, did you see the 70 feet of "my father's going to kill me," growing from my head?"

"One problem at a time please," Cassandra groaned.  "Varian, how are you doing?  You have more blue hair, but I doubt people will actually pay any attention to that."

"...Strange," he admitted.

"What do you mean?"  Rapunzel asked worriedly.

"Like something had been sleepy inside and is now waking up.  Make sense?"

"Not in the slightest.  Come on, we gotta get back or we will be caught for sure," Cassandra said.  She mounted Fidella and pulled Varian up.  They began their gallop back to Corona.

"We've got a problem," Cassandra muttered as they entered.  "Because of the coronation today, they've doubled security at the gates today."

"And there's no other way in?" Rapunzel pulled on her hair.

"Sure, if you want to walk in the front door in broad daylight," Cassandra huffed.

"Maybe we don't need the front door," Varian spoke up as he pointed to Rapunzel's balcony.

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Okay, quick, hand me the scissors," Rapunzel instructed.

Casssandra grabbed a pair.  "So what do we wanna do here? Maybe a bob? How about some layers?"

"Just cut it!" Rapunzel panicked.

"Ok."  Cassandra clipped a strand of hair, but the scissors shattered.  "Uh-oh."

"Uh-oh? Why uh-oh? There shouldn't be any uh-ohs!"  Rapunzel turned her head and saw the broken tool. "Uh-oh."

"We're gonna need a plan B..." Varian rubbed his chin.

"Cover your eyes," Cassandra ordered as used a giant axe to try to cut her hair.  Instead, it broke the table her hair was on.

"Forget it! It's just like those stupid rocks. It's unbreakable!"

Varian's eyes widened at the comment and began to jot down a note on paper.

"We can't forget it! Today is my coronation!"

Then a knock sounded at the door. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 23 6
On their journey to figure out the mystery of the black rocks that have been plaguing the Kingdom of Corona lately, a group of friends find more myst...
3.4K 137 32
Rapunzel is just getting to used to life outside the tower and her short hair when a trip to the sea and an encounter with a mysterious merboy makes...
10.1K 1.2K 82
Many people long for a bigger and better life, especially as a young child and occasionally even a blossoming teen. However, this rule does not seem...
1K 41 6
It was always just [Name] and Varian against the world. Best friends until the end of the lines. Despite the many disasters that come through their w...