Drarry - Bloody Hell

By RayErrat

Draco Malfoy was destined to be a Death Eater from the moment he was born, and when he turns 15 and is about... More

A Long Year
Something Is Wrong With Malfoy
Stupid Potter
Why Me
Friends
Mates
I'm Doomed
Why Can't Things Be Easy
I Did Nothing Wrong
F*cking Voldemort
Not The Bad Guy
Hope
Help Me
Did I Really Just Do That
Things Will Get Better
I Will Help Him
Not Crazy
Be Alright
Trust
Hurry Up
Mission #1
Mission #2
Wait
Almost There
I'm Free
Careful
Falling For You
Kissing Him
All A Lie
Don't Break My Heart
I'm Screwed
I Lost Him
Get Him Back
The Trial
I Love You
The Battle
Unstoppable

Safe

8.3K 282 129
By RayErrat

Harry's POV

I hate to admit it, but Draco makes an adorable ferret.

Curled up against a pillow on my bed, he looks to all the world like a small, peaceful creature. His pearly white fur stands out against the deep red bed sheets, making him look as though he is glowing. His ear twitches slightly in his sleep, making my smile softly. Let sleep take him away from his nightmare of a life.

It's been three weeks since we broke Draco out of his cage, and Umbridge is going mad. She seems more on edge, and her detentions grow harsher by the day.

The other professors seem uncomfortable. Even Snape is acting strangely, though he hides it quite well. He and Draco got along quite well. Maybe he's worried?

I let out a large sigh, slamming shut the book that I've been staring at for half an hour. I hear a small shift of fabric, and know that I've woken Draco up.

"Sorry," I say softly, and look up to find Draco's large, gray eyes staring at me from the bed.

He shakes his head slightly, before standing up. Draco walks forward a bit, before falling over.

"Draco? Are you alright?" I ask. I thought he was used to his animagus form...

Draco nods his head a bit, before trying to stand up again, only to fall back down. Maybe it's because he just woke up?

I reach onto the bed, picking ferret Draco up, before placing him down on the floor beside me. He looks kind of pissed, as though annoyed that I helped him, or that he needed help.

Draco's normally piercing gray eyes seem brighter, yet foggy. He leans on my leg, resigning himself to the fact that he can't walk.

I reach down an pet Draco's small head, and he flinches back suddenly, before moving into the warmth of my hand. His eyes flutter shut, and within minutes I think he's asleep again.

I reach for the book I was trying to read, one I need for some stupid charms essay. I flip through the pages rapidly , trying to find my page. That is, until I feel a small, sharp pain on my finger.

Looking down, I see a small paper-cut on my finger. It starts bleeding, and immediately Draco's head shoots up from my leg, looking bewildered.

Beside me, Draco starts shaking. Is he squeamish?

He's staring at my paper-cut, almost in a trance. Wait! No! He's a vampire you idiot!

I don't know what to do. He obviously needs blood, so do I just let him have the stuff on my finger? Do I go to Madam Pomfrey? Do I try and calm him down? Do all three?

Before I can make up my mind, Draco lunges at me. Well, lunges at my finger. His tongue laps up the blood almost greedily.

What the f*ck has my life become?

Draco's POV

I can barley comprehend what's happening.

I wake up from my nap with Harry slamming his book closed. When I try to move, however, my brain short-circuits, and I fall over. Quite embarrassing.

Then Harry picks me up and oh Merlin he smells amazing.

Due to the fact that I am now, well, a ferret, the Golden Trio decided that I probably don't need as much blood. Which, from an outside perspective, makes perfect sense. Unfortunately, I still have the same appetite as I would normally have.

So for the past three weeks I've been living off of even less blood then I need. Bloody fantastic.

I give up on trying to move, and rest my head against Harry's leg. I lean into his touch when he begins to stroke my head. Merlin this is weird.

I shut my eyes, and I begin to grow tired. I'm almost asleep when I smell it. Harry is bleeding.

I bolt upright, and I immediately zero in on the small cut on his finger. Everything else fades away and I see red.

Once second I'm beside Harry, the next I'm lapping up the blood off of his finger hungrily. I'm licking his blood up like it's my lifeline.

Suddenly it feels like my mind has returned to my body, and I spring backwards. What did I just do!

Harry is staring at me, his eyes shining with what I can only assume is pity, perhaps concern. F*ck! I just attacked Harry Potter!

"Are you alright?" Harry asks tentatively.

I nod my head, examining the cut. It's obviously a paper-cut, a small one at that. It looks like I only got the blood off of the surface of his skin, and didn't puncture anything.

I'm hyper aware that the small amount of blood that I took has had no luck in quenching my thirst. Harry, however, examines me.

"You're thirsty," Harry states.

I roll my eyes. Obviously.

"You need more blood but you can't consume all of it while you're a ferret," Harry says, and I nod, "Why didn't you say anything!"

I bang my head against the floor. Is he that stupid! I can't talk!

"Oh, yeah," Harry replies stupidly, "Anyway, it's a Saturday so everyone will be outside. Let's go to the Room of Requirement and get you sorted."

I panic. What does he mean by 'sorted'?

Harry scoops me up, and puts me in his book bag. We quickly exit the Gryffindor common room, and rush through the crowded corridors.

The chatter slowly dies away, and I hear a soft sound of snoring.

Then there is a sound of what I can only assume is moving bricks. Harry moves through a doorway that I've never seen before, and we enter a large, bare room.

The room is fairly small, with cold, stone floors, and icy blue brick walls. On the ground are a few blankets, and a pillow.

"I though that you could... erm... turn back?" Harry says, sounding nervous. "Then we can get you some blood. I mean, it's the Room of Requirement. Surely it can help with that."

I swallow thickly. What if I loose control? What if I hurt him? What if someone comes in?

Noticing my distress Harry continues. "It'll be fine. Trust me."

I sigh, and close my eyes, concentrating. Normal. Normal. Normal.

I feel my body shift and change. Suddenly, I feel very cold.

Opening my eyes, I find myself stark naked. I must look like a tomato with how much I'm blushing. Thankfully, it is the Room of Requirement, so a set of Slytherin robes appear near me.

Quickly slipping the robes on, I turn back to Harry, who is just as red in the face as I am. At least this is embarrassing for him too.

"So..." Harry starts awkwardly. "I guess the clothes didn't transfigure with you..."

I laugh slightly.

Suddenly my jaw aches. I stare at Harry, and I feel the hunger slowly start to deteriorate my self-control. Sh*t! I knew this was a bad idea!

Harry seems to notice that something is off as well, but instead of trying to get away, he steps forward.

"I'll try and ask the room for blood," He says calmly, "It'll be fine."

The Gryffindor closes his eyes, and after a moment opens them again.

"It's not working!" He exclaims angrily. "Why isn't it working."

I can't find it in me to respond. I stare at the other boy for probably an comfortable amount of time. Then it came to me.

"We already have what we're asking for."

Harry gaps at me. "What? No we don't"

I find myself stepping closer to him. "Yes, we do."

"D-Draco?" Harry asks nervously.

He seems scared. Scared of- of me? I'm scaring him! F*ck I'm scaring him!

I can't bring myself to back away. I just stand there, staring at him intently.

"Draco? Hello?" Harry calls. "I know you're there. You can do this! Snap out of it and we can figure something out!"

I move forward again. We're almost nose to nose, and I feel Harry's breath hitch. If my father could see me now...

I drop my head onto his left shoulder, and he seems to hold his breath. Harry's hand twitches, and I can almost smell his fear.

I step back in horror, eyes wide. "I-I'm sorry."

Harry seems to melt a little. His eyes soften, and his shoulders sag. "Draco..."

"No!" I shout, startling the Gryffindor. "You're scared! I'm scaring you! It's not okay! I'm not okay! You've got to leave. I can't hurt you! I don't want to hurt you!"

By the end of my shouting I sink to the floor. I few tears roll down my pale cheek.

"Hey, it's okay," Harry says gently, holding out his wrist, "You can have some."

"No!" I yell. "I'll hurt you! I'm a monster! Just let me rot in Askaban!"

I don't realize I'm shaking mightily until Harry places a hand on my shoulder to steady me. He looks at me with large, green, concerned eyes.

Without saying a word, Harry brings out his wand, pointing it at his wrist.

"Diffindo."

I small cut appeared on Harry's wrist, and my breathing immediately became shallow. What in Merlin's name is he doing!

The smell of his blood, my mate's blood causes me to see red. I feel my control slip.

In the blink of an eye I've pushed him to the ground. I crawl on top of him, my face inches from Harry's bleeding wrist, but I don't move.

"It's alright, Draco," Harry whispers breathlessly.

That's all it takes for me to completely loose it.

I bite down on the cut that Harry created, causing him to yelp. His blood flows into my mouth, and I moan. This is much better than a cup.

I don't know how long I drank, but I started to feel his pulse slow down.

"D-Draco," Harry murmurs.

I sit up suddenly. We're both covered in blood.

"I-I'm sorry! I d-don't know what came o-over me!" I say defensively.

"It's fine," Harry replies, "You're better now."

"Well, yes, but Harry! You should have stopped me!" I protest.

"You needed it, and I let you," Harry explained almost dreamily, trying to calm me down, "And see? I'm just fine! We're safe!"

I bite my lip, wiping blood off of me. A Malfoy shouldn't be seen in such an unruly state.

"I'm tired," Harry mumbles, and a bed appears out of nowhere. Of course it does! It's the Room of Requirement!

"We'll sleep here then," I say, but Harry is already almost asleep.

I pick the Gryffindor boy up and carefully carry him over to the bed. I set him down, and turn to go, when a hand tugs be back.

"Stay," Harry mumbles.

"Fine," I sigh, and slip onto the bed beside him.

I don't fall asleep quickly. I stare up at the ceiling, thinking. He said that we're safe. Are we really safe? Am I safe? I'm dangerous! I should be in Askaban! I almost hurt Harry! We're not safe!

Right now, though, I feel safe.

Words: 1859

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.2K 4.2K 15
{Sequel to In My Head} "But tonight you're a stranger, some silhouette." During Harry Potter's seventh year at Hogwarts, almost a year after Draco Ma...
22.7K 1.5K 21
For her entire life, (Y/N) lived in the underground, hating on those who lived in the wealthy city of Shiganshina. For years, she lived a difficult l...
114K 4.4K 11
Following an accident in his seventh year, Draco loses his eyesight. After Harry elbows his way into Draco's dark world, both boys find themselves in...
263K 10.5K 27
A Drarry story. After the War, Hermione is having problems in her relationship with Ron. Harry has embraced a new lifestyle in muggle London which sh...