THE MANAGER NIM

By jeonanushi

"You mean you agree to sign this contract with the condition that I should teach you the technique of eating... More

01. CRASHED - SAUCERS OR HOPES?
02. A DREAM INSIDE A DREAM!
03. TO KILL A MOCKING MAN
04. EP: DREAM - NO SUBTITLES!
05. STRANGEST STRANGER
06. REALM OF THE OLYMPIANS
07. TULIPS AND LAVENDER
08. BLINK AND BLANK
09. THE INVISIBLE MAN
10. MOON CHILD
11. CERULEAN EYES
12. CELESTIAL ANNOUNCEMENT
13. EUPHONIOUS VOICE
14. CARAMEL FURBALL
15. SERENIC MELODY
16. NEEDLE EYE
18. TIGER LILY
19. CRYSTAL GAZING
20. UNICORN'S HORN
21. SWIRLS AND CURLS
22. LOOKISM
23. GRASS PATCHES
24. HOPELESS HOWL
25. ROOFTOP
26. WILDEST NIGHTMARE
27. OH MY ELEMELONS!
28. COCONUT HEAD
29. VARMA KALAI
30. FOUR-PIECE SUITS
31. GRAND WALKERHILL SEOUL
32. DEVIL'S KITCHEN
33. BLUE AND GREY
34. SABOTAGED HINGES
35. SPECIAL PHENOMENON
36. ALL THE LOVE SONGS
37. GOLDEN HOUR
38. CHOCO-CHIP COOKIE
39. MOULDS AND PALLETES
40. BLURRED PHOTOGRAPHS
41. FACE GENIUS
42. THE RED DRESS
43. AMBER CRESCENT
44. OCEAN OF LOVE AND LUST
45. STILL WITH YOU
46. SULTRY SUN
47. FROZEN SALMON
48. FAINTING ROBIN
49. SINFUL HUES
50. SWAPPED EMOTIONS
51. BLOODTHIRSTY WEB
52. MYSTIC CHANGE
53. DONGSAENG? DONGSAENG!
54. WHITE LILACS
55. MAY ROSE AND FAIRY FRUIT
56. GANGNAM STYLE
57. TO A NEW BEGINNING
58. DEAR DIARY
59. DHUM TANA NA
60. PORCELAIN STATUE
61. SOULLESS PET
62. GREEN-EYED MONSTER
63. RED WINE
64. A KISS & A PROMISE
65. FATE OR DESTINY?
66. ENRAGED TIGERS
67. MERE MEMORIES
68. BLIND FAITH
69. PAIN AND REGRET
70. WILL TO LIVE
71. WELCOME VICE PRESIDENT
72. SHADOW OF THE PAST
73. WEB OF DECEIT
74. COLLISON OF DESIRE
75. CLANDESTINE MEETING
76. A REAL SEONMUL

17. PERSONA OR FACADE?

1.8K 133 51
By jeonanushi

Gom - bear

• Ya - hey

Hwaiting - Fighting/ you can do it

Italics - Conversation in Korean
_

A/N: unedited.

_

"Lotte chilsung presents, Lipton green tea!" BTS hollers jointly, with a sight blinding, dazzling smile.

Amid those charming, goofy, gentle, radiant, boxy, gummy smiles, an angelic smile revealing two bunny teeth hauls your heart unreservedly.

"CUT!" Director snaps you outta your dazed state,

"Duck it! Now I understand why ma often says, a dog's tail cannot be straightened. I'm that dog's tail, ain't I? I will never change! Ugh!"

Your exasperated murmur grasps the attention of that bunny teeth's owner.

"Dog's what?" Doffing his floral coat, Jungkook approaches you with a dubious face.

"Nothing" swivelling your head to your left to avert your attention from him, you reply lethargically.

"Whatever if you ever decide to name yourself something, go with gom, it suits you manager-nim!" He throws off his coat on your face with a nasty smirk.

Gom?

The audacity he has to call you a bear on your first day of work, talk about being an absolute brat.

You slowly take off his coat which is loosely hanging over your hair bun with a straight face, as you didn't want to increase the intensity of his nasty smirk by revealing the anger fountain, gushing in your heart.

But in a blink of an eye, a brilliant smile creeps over your lips when you see Namjoon heading towards his caravan.

Disregarding Jungkook's presence, you wave your hands high in the air, over Jungkook's shoulder, to grab Namjoon's attention and yell out his name.

"Namjoon-shiiii! Na..Mr.Namjoon!" Successfully you grasp his attention with your loud ass voice.

He waves back at you and trots towards you.

"Ahh! Manager-nim" his little doughnut dimples makes an appearance and allures you.

"Well, I wanted to return it to you before it finds a place in my wardrobe", you throw Jungkook's coat over your right side shoulder and take out Namjoon's leather jacket from the tote bag, dangling in your wrist.

"Oh! This one" his smile slightly fades for a jiffy as he takes it from your hand and slides his palm over it, a weak sigh escapes his nostrils.

"Thank you!" He looks up at your face, your heart suddenly feels hefty when your eyes meet his solemn gaze.

"Thanks for lending me!" Gratitude engulfs your eyes.

"Did you lend this jacket to her? Really?!" Jin's voice echoes behind your back.

Scrutinising the jacket for a few minutes, he shifts his gaze to Namjoon's face.

"Ain't this..." he hesitates to finish his sentence, seems like he is unwilling to finish that sentence.

Namjoon feebly nods his head without shifting his eyes from the jacket.

"Hyung!" Jungkook's breath crashes against your hair as he whisper-shouts from your side.

Both Jin and Jungkook stare blankly at Namjoon without uttering a word.

It might be your illusion but at that moment it feels like Namjoon's eyes are trying to absorb the excess moisture accumulated around them.

"SHOT READY!"

_

Pearls of cold mist splatters against your skin, a few droplets plunge into the cup of hot coffee in your hand, as you sloppily lean against the grill of your room's balcony.

The perfect harmony of rain's streaming sounds like a soothing melody and comforts your exhausted heart and mind, cold breeze caresses your round cheeks and tenderly kisses your bare skin.

Something soft collapses over your foot, "yo bruh!" you seize that furball off the floor, in your hands and it snuggles against your chest's warmness.

"First I need to name you something boy and that reminds me of..." your mind travels farther back to that brat who named you gom.

The Jungkook you used to know, the Jungkook who used to be your safe place is not this guy, this Jungkook is utterly different from the idol Jungkook you once loved and idolised in the past.

Is this the real Jungkook? Or the one who you used to see through your computer's screen almost every day, is the real Jungkook?

Is it just his K-pop idol persona?

Which one is his real character?

Which one is the facade?

And why did they all react in one or another weird way, when you introduced yourself as Jungkook's manager? Something is fundamentally wrong around you, it feels like something invisible is blindfolding your eyes, averting you from the untold truth.

Your room's door opens with a feeble creak.

"Shashima! Why are you still awake?"

"I can ask the same thing about you, sugarplum! Are you alright?"

"Yeah! I just felt like having a hot coffee, nothing much. Now tell me, why are you still awake?"

"I wanted to discuss something important with you since morning, but you looked quite busy so I couldn't" Her usual goofy face looks quite serious.

"Something important? Regarding what Shashima?"

Her lips fold inwards as she gazes deeply into your eyes.

"Listen y/n, don't get mad, okay? Listen what I'm gonna say completely with patience and then decide. So we got a new allian_"

Your phone rings, abruptly cutting off your aunt.

"Hello, y/n here" you attend it right away as it might be from your office.

"Ya gom, Cheil tower 4fl, Hannam The Hill, Yongsan, Seoul. You should be there in this address within 10 seconds if you don't want to pay the penalty for breaching the contract and your time starts now. Hwaiting gom-ah!"

Beep.

The little hand of the cute cuckoo clock hanging over your ash white wall strikes ten.

Internally cursing that Jackass with cuss words from all languages in existence, you groggily raise from your bed and march towards your closet.

"Shashima, I gotta go somewhere right now immediately. Can we talk about this later?" You tug out a jean and a plaid shirt from your wardrobe.

"Are you kidding y/n? It's past 10 now and it's not safe out there. Where are you even going at this time?" Pure anger is smeared all over her face.

"Shashima, I forgot to collect an important file regarding tomorrow's meeting, from office. So, please understand, if I don't get it by now, I'll be in a huge mess tomorrow! Please Shashima!"

An out-and-out lie.

How else can you explain your situation to her?

You barge into the walk-in closet, without waiting for her answer.

"I'll be back in a while Shashima, stop worrying and go to sleep. Also keep an eye on our puppy, bye!" Throwing your hair into a messy ponytail you step out of the house in haste before she changes her reluctant mind.

Shutting the door behind you, you whirl around facing the road and glide across the street, towards the main road, in a hurry like someone who is being followed by an assassin. Your footsteps echoed throughout the silent street.

Promptly another rhythmic pattern of a huge boot striding against the ground echoes along with your footsteps.

But you don't have enough time to arouse your inner Sherlock Holmes, so you continue to walk towards the main road to get a taxi, without turning back.

Subsequently, you get a taxi and climb inside it.

The car grumbles to life and leaves the spot.

It might be your hallucination, but while turning around to fasten your seat belt, you caught a glimpse of a hooded person with a sunglass, intensely casting spine-chilling stares in your direction, standing in the dark alley, across the street.

"First I need to put a stop to my 'murder documentaries and chill' kinda weekend plans." You mumble in an inaudible tone to your inner self.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.9K 33
**Bangtan Boys Series Book 1 of 7** COMPLETED- A love story between a shy girl and the leader of the world's biggest boy band. Would he be able to he...
668K 39.5K 79
Story by cutegir2002 ** A story about The CEO of Jeon Passion ent. Jeon Jungkook and his secretary Kim Taehyung. Two exactly opposite people, with tw...
225K 10.4K 83
Right before his wedding with Jungkook, Jin was asked to sign a marriage contract by the cold natured Jungkook who is the son of the owner of Jeon I...
323K 13.9K 58
Rule #1: Employees can't date head chefs. "Well you're a rule breaker, aren't you?" [romance/comedy/drama] highest ranking: #1 in bts #1 in enemiest...