Phoenix Rising (re-writing)

By Smile7674

"Once upon a time there was a dragon that only knew one love, a phoenix." She laughs at me again. "The phoeni... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 8

9 2 2
By Smile7674

Chapter 8

Tyler is standing on the mat by the time we get there waiting on his first opponent in the first to fist challenge I guess I'm next according to the announcer.

"Challenge Damen." Nix says quietly. I look at her confused. "I don't know if you can beat Zeke, I Know you can Damen. Odds are Zeke will call for a re-placing of Royals anyway so you will get a chance to find out. Damen needs gone; he needs banned from the tournament completely but if he remains a Royal, we can't kick him out. He smuggled roofies in. I cant prove it. If he gets booted out of royalty, then the remaining royals can ban him. He cant stay a Royal. He keeps abusing his rights and needs to be banned." I look at her again nodding once to show I understand. I look at him and notice there is a ring on his right hand, thinking back to after she whooped Chris, I remember he wasn't there.

"You have had problems with him before haven't you." I'm not asking I already know. "He hit you, didn't he? He is why you fell in the lake." She sets her jaw stubbornly refusing to answer. I nod. "Okeydokey."

"Fake left twice, powerhouse right hook, connect it solid follow through with left to seal, needs to be fluid. Keep it under a minute," she pauses, "don't lose." She doesn't meet my eyes. She looks straight ahead. I look up to see the tail end of a vulgar gesture he threw her, his eyes locked on hers.

"Keep it clean." I can barely hear her over the crowd.

"Hey!" I shout placing a foot on the mat meeting Damons' gaze. I point my finger at him. "Get up here you, obnoxious milk drinking cockalorum! Your end of reign has arrived." What? it was a vocab word. He looks confused but amused.

The announcer gives a wrap up of my challenge on the king. We stand locked eyes waiting on the ding. He runs his mouth but Im too busy fuming. How does she know he sneaks in roofies? The way she wouldn't meet my gaze. I want to kill him. I hear a ding. He dances my way with quick movements, I throw the first left as soon as he is in reach using my full span. He blocks trying to throw my balance Im already throwing another. He goes to take his shot, but my first right already connected with the left tap. His eyes roll back as he hits chin first on the mat. Nix really knew her stuff. I look up finding Nixs blue eyes in the crowd. "I love it when a man does what he's told," she mouths. I shrug. The announcer introduces me as the new king, before Tylor snags the microphone exploiting Damon for the roofies. Six people came forward from the crowd backing up the claims. Royals all voted for his removal from the party. The royalty fights go quickly none making it past Zeke in the first to fist. Submission was next and only one person made it to Lizzy, it was Mathew. He lost willingly by the looks of it. Tyler was bumped out of the Royals by a dark haired brown eyed skater girl. She went by Raven, she fought like Nix did. She has amazing balance, and really knows how to use her size and limberness to her advantage. Nix and Raven looked strangely at each other, not with hostility but fondness. Like they were lifelong friends. Nix and I decided to go dancing with Tyler, Matt, and Lizzy, on our way Raven slips something in Nix's hand discreetly. I take a sideways glance and note the gold and amber eyes during the exchange. I blink in surprise. Her eyes shift back to the blues I have grown so fond of. As soon as we reach the fire Tyler pulls Nix away giving me a goofball grin knowing Im going to hit him later for it. He tugs her away hands affectionately placed in her lower back.

"You care for her?" I look beside me seeing Zeke, the culprit of interrupting my thoughts. He is watching her fondly as Tyler twirls her expertly. You can tell they have danced together a lot. I hate it. "More than just wanting in her pants?"

"I do." I state knowing by the way he watches her he does too.

"Good. She does you too." He looks at me light blue eyes unimpressed by me. "Be good to her. I am not challenging you. The only reason I ever came was to defend her. Now it appears she has you. You fight well, but you need to be better. Humble your ego and let her teach you." I don't know if I like him or not. He seems to really care deeply for her, I'm not sure if he approves of me or not. I don't like the judgment he is radiating. He makes no attempt to move or continue talking.

"What is she to you?" I ask.

"Everything. You have no idea how special she is. You walked here from another place seen a pretty face and followed your attractions. I cant exactly explain it, but she is unlike anyone else I have ever met. She truly lives up to her nickname, continuously rising from the ashes to fight another fight. She is selfless, humble, kind, and completely unaware to how special she is. Everything she does is filled with passion and sincerity. Everything she has ever done has been to help others, yet as far as I know has never actually asked for help. It worries me how she wont. Ive tried gaining her trust, but she won't let me in. I failed her; I hope you won't." He pauses getting lost in her laughter as Tyler tickles her. "That useless oaf. He is so blind he cant see when she's hurting. I think that's why she hangs out with him." He shakes his head. "I'm going to tell you something Evan, you wont believe me at first, but after you watch her for a while you will. Someone is abusing her. I don't know who, but please watch out for her. Keep her safe. We need more of her in this world, Im scared if no one stops it we wont have her at all." He looks up at me as I furrow my brows together. She would tell me... Right? Then I remember how she didn't tell me really anything with Damon.

"Why would she let anyone do that?" I think everyone here knows that this girl can handle herself, there is no way this is true. "Why do you even think that?"

"Headhunters would be only thing I can think of, people wanting a chance at the famous Phoenix. Some guys really get off on that and never give up. I have racked my brain trying to answer who, as far as why, just watch her awhile, you will see it to. Im going to stick around for a couple more parties. I have your back if you need help, other than that its all you. I think Im going to find someone to keep me warm tonight, your Queen is waiting." He walks off.

I look up seeing Nix waving me to her. I don't have it in me to keep her waiting. I watch as she sheds her jacket to the ground on her faithful pooch who seems startled. Immediately my pants tighten. I don't dance but for her, I am excited to make an exception. I am so whipped, and honestly happy to be. I wiggle my finger at her to which she runs to me. She leaps to me and I catch her raising her high in the air spinning her. Her hair dances in the wind, her neck stretching back mesmerizes me. The bon fire creates an intimate fight between light and shadow on her smooth skin. I think I'm in love. I pull her down to my embrace as she wraps her arms over my neck. How could anyone want to hurt someone so gentle? Dont get me wrong she is defiantly full of hellfire when provoked but her over all demeanor is gentle and graceful. I twirl her before pulling her back to me. I almost kiss her... almost. At remembering we arent alone I look up seeing Tyler and some blond grind to the music. "I want to dance like that." I tell her.

"Well I am positive there are plenty of girls here that would love your junk on their butts." She laughs with a slight roll of her eyes.

"Yet here I am completely smitten with one that won't." I smile.

"Go lick a pop tart." she giggles.

"Id rather lick you."

"Ewie, I'm sweaty." she crinkles her nose, in a way that adds youth to her elegant features.

"hmm," I lick her cheek. "yup pretty salty, slight hint of fish pee."

"Yuck!" she wipes her cheek of with exaggerated movements.

"whats your name?" I blurt out.

"Umm... It's Dayjanerah." My eyes widen.

"How the heck do you spell that?" I wonder out loud

"With a silent J." she pauses. "I guess its a traditional name from a tribe my descendants link back to," she shrugs. "I actually like it, but I got tired of people butchering it, so when kids tried to make fun of me for my birthmark, I kept the nick name." She smiles a pearly smile, and her eyes capture the moonlight. I feel my knees weaken.

"That guy you dream about. Do you draw him?" I ask, capturing a stray lock of illuminated hair between my fingers.

She furrows her brow. "I try to, but my dreams were always fuzzy, until recently. As weird as it sounds, I really think he has the same tattoos. Here lately the details are becoming clearer." I nod. "As strange as it sounds, I do kind of think its you," she laughs a little. "I know Im weird."

"Nah, I like being you dream guy," she shakes her head smiling. "After all youre my dream girl." she looks up at me strangely. "Who is Zayes?" The question falls from me before I can stop it.

Her eyes widen and the dragon specks grow consuming her entire eyes. Her milky skin begins to illuminate in red and yellow hues. I glance around looking to see if anyone else sees what I am. No one appears to notice the subtle differences. "Where is your dragon boy?" her voice sounds off and full of authority with a noticeable accent reminding me of the blue cat girl thing on the avatar. She has stopped swaying. Her face changes subtlety sharpening her features in the way she twists her face. She examines me fully with disappointment. "Youre just an empty vessel, find your dragon. If you want to save the girl find your dragon." She reaches a delicate hand out placing it gently on my cheek. My life flashes before my eyes in excruciating detail. She pulls away gently. "You are blocked. Your mind is broken, poor boy. Alex's blood is not on your hands. Be free of his guilt. He chose to step in front and take the bullet. He sensed your worth, he is at peace now. He knew many more would die if you did. Sweet boy, you love her. You are worthy. Find your dragon. Keep her safe. Understand?"

"No... Not at all..." she sighs, at my ignorance. I never told her the bullet was meant for me. Her skin begins to lose its glow.

"You will. Need to find Zayes. He must be as trapped as you. I call to him; I keep call to him. We will find him, I help. He be angry I am certain. Ill tell him to be gentle, you are worthy. Full of compassion and love." She smiles exposing sharpened teeth. "He never was patient You must be to balance him out. You have work to do. Cant talk now boy, too much people. I need Zayes. She is your love, he is mine. Miss Him." Her eyes close while I shift uncomfortably. Job is by my side, not sure how long he has been there. His head is bowed in a submissive stance.

"The Tournament is officially over! Come get your drinks Royals you have earned them!" I look over to the mats to see Lizzy, Tyler, Mathew, and Zeke all cheer. I look back to Nix to see her big blue eyes starring affectionately at me.

"You did it you are king," she looks around. "What were we talking about?" I shake my head really weirded out.

"Are you ready to go?" I didnt mean to snap. She flinched.

She drops her gaze visibly hurt. "Yea."

I almost apologize. Almost.

The car ride home is awkward. We don't talk much. The radio is playing low in the background. She stays in the passenger seat pressed cumbersomely to the door. I don't scoot her closer to me. The dog whimpers often in the back seat. She lowers the window down all the way sticking her head close almost hanging it out. Her hair lashes outside. I see goose bumps on her arm and realize I drug her off without her jacket. I hand her mine.

"Thanks," she mumbles pulling it on.

"Mhumm," is all I can muster out. She opens her mouth to say something before snapping it shut. "Do you need to stop anywhere?"

"No, thank you, I just want to go home." Her voice is so small my heart breaks, I just cant find the words to say. Unsure of what else to do I turn up the radio.

When we hit the gravel her lips move, "are we ok?" She asks eyes full of hope.

"I... I don't know." I state hating the uncomfortable tension polluting the air in the car.

"What did I do? Ill do my best to fix it." She pleas. I brake in her driveway.

"Ill see you Monday." I state. Hurt devastates her features as she sets my jacket down, grabs her bag and dog, and runs, yes, I mean runs to her door. I almost ran after her. Almost. I suck. I know I do, but seriously what am I supposed to say? I back out of her driveway and drive home. Nana is awake when I walk in.

"You are early." She states, its four a.m. I am defiantly not early. "You look troubled boy."

"Im ok Nana just tired."

"Don't insult my intelligence with a lie, I'm old not stupid."

"Fine, I don't want to talk about it." I spit.

"You blew you chance, didnt you?"

I nod. "I think I did."

"Idiot, there will be other girls but, never another Phoenix. I have been around a long time and never met a Phoenix. Your own mother couldn't shine light on her, wise beyond her years."

"I know Nana, she's amazing." I nod my head agreeing.

"Far too good for you. If I were you, I would sneak in her window right now." She stares blankly in the fireplace. "Yes, that is permission.

I almost listened. Almost.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...
147K 8.4K 64
CLOSE YOUR EYES AND IMAGINE THIS WORLD. Gods are created by a mighty force, a force to balance the universe, every galaxy, world, and life. **** Ca...
30.4K 1.5K 30
Dedication : To all the girls out there who're looking for a men who loves in the day and fucks at the night with the same passion.... Divya...., A g...
479 52 16
•Give this story and me a chance, I'll try my best not to disappoint you• We've often heard how a prince charming comes and saves his princess breaki...