Just Friends [✓]

By Poetically-Damaged

Everyone knows that Spencer and Ethan are definitely, irrefutably, wholeheartedly, totally, unconditionally... More

Prologue
1. And Here Comes Your Man
2. Baby Got Back
3. Crossing Frenemy Lines
4. Dear, Ethan
5. Every Kiss Begins with Kate
6. Fright Night's First Kiss
7. Going All The Way
8. Heartbeat
9. I Will Let You Go
10. Jagged Little Pills
11. Kids! Whaddya Gonna Do.
13. My Father & I.
14. Never Ever Getting Back Together
15. Only The Good Die Young
16. Promises
17. Quintessential Rhetoric For Pillow Talk
18. Remember me When I'm Gone
19. Salt Meets Wound
20. The Manly Man Way
21. Undefinable
22. Veterans of War
23. Wayward Spencer & The Apocalyptic Dinner Battle Royale
24. X Marks The Spot
25. Yesterday & Today. Tomorrow & Forever.
26. zGoodbye!
27. Anything Can Happen - Epilogue

12. Loooove Making

218K 6.8K 9.2K
By Poetically-Damaged

[VOTE and COMMENT because this is the chapter where they...you know.]

Chapter 12 "Loooove Making"

Last First Kiss – One Direction

Ethan's POV

"Dude, you're shaking."

I looked up to meet Jake's worried eyes and Russo's confused glance and peered down at my hands that were, indeed, shaking slightly. I dropped the spoon that was in my hand and a big sigh escaped me, "I guess now is the best time to tell you guys."

"Dude, you don't have..." Russo whispered, moving closer and fading out at the end, unable to say that word.

Jake's eyes gaped in response and he lent a shaky hand to me, placing it on top of one of my own, "How...long?"

I sighed, "1 month, 2 weeks."

"Oh MY God." Russo whimpered, getting up and moving around to my side of the table, slinging a comforting hand around my neck, "Have you talked about it with Spence?"

I huffed. "I don't know how to. He might take the news hard."

"I'm sorry, man."

"Yeah..." I responded, "I'm sorry too."

"Hey guys." That little voice echoed before we even saw her. Abby – wearing one of her signature sundresses – a pink polka dotted one this time – sat down beside Jake opposite me with a smile that disappeared as soon as her eyes met mine, "What's going on?"

Jake sniffled, "It's..." he stopped and whimpered, "I can't, I'm sorry." He croaked and got up from the table.

Abby's eyes glazed over with fear as she turned her attention back to me, "Someone please tell me what is going on. You're scaring me."

"I'm...celibate."

"God!" Jake screeched from the other side of the cafeteria, earning odd looks from other teenagers, "Why do the good die young!"

Abby scoffed and rolled her blue eyes, "I thought you were dying!" she half-shouted. Both me and Russo jumped at the sound it.

"I am dying!" I replied in a shaky voice, "If someone so much as touches me I might jump them." I admitted and Russo, being the closest to me, scooted over a bit and removed his comforting hand. I was about to shoot him a glare when Abby spoke up.

"If you want to have sex so badly, why not just have sex?"

I sighed exasperatedly," It's not that easy! I've never done anything with a guy before. I have no idea how it works."

Abby blinked, "You have a penis, Spencer has an ass. It's not rocket science, E."

I rolled my eyes, slightly offended, "I know that Abigail, it's just that how do I do it?"

"Again, it's not rocket science Ethan. Just take your penis and shove it right u-."

"Woooah, Abby." Russo screeched, "Too much info."

She giggled, "What's the problem? It's just like heterosexual sex, just using a different cavity."

"Again," Russ heaved, "too much info." he looked over at me, "No offence, dude."

"Some taken." I mumbled and looked back over to Abby, "So, how can I talk to Spencer about boinking him?"

"Well you can start by not calling it boinking."

Both me and Russ blinked, "Don't call it boinking?" I asked. I had always called it boinking. Never gotten me slapped...well, almost never.

She nodded, "Don't call it boinking, laying the pipe, giving the D or riding the pole. Stick to love making."

"Love Making?" The three of us – Jake included who had just rejoined us said in unity.

"Mhm." She nodded slowly, wiggling her eyebrows, " Looooove Making."

"So, what's the difference between saying boinking and love making?" Jake questioned.

Abby shrugged, "Nothing but when I told Sara that I wanted to have sex she said she wasn't ready. The moment I told her that I wanted to make love, she beat me to my place. It makes them feel as if we're doing something different ans special when in actuality we're just horny."

"So, all I say is that I want to make loooove Spencer and he'll just strip?"

"Basically." She said, taking and biting a carrot out of Jake's plate.

That sounded too good to be true but I was desperate, "I'll try it."

As if on cue, Karla and Spencer appeared through the cafeteria doors and headed in our direction, seemingly deep in conversation. Karla appeared to be leading it as Spencer listened in, nodding every time an inaudible sentence had escaped her lips.

They stopped at our table and sat on down across from me and Russo. It didn't take long before I ushered Spence to my side of the table and with an eye roll and a huff, he came over to the empty right side of me and leaned into me as he usually did. Only this time, my gut felt like it was about to burst open when his side touched mine. I had to clench my jaw just to suppress moans of any kind.

The others seemed to have taken notice to what Spencer was blatantly missing and Karla narrowed her eyes before rolling them.

Idle teen chatter had befallen us not long after with the girls contemplating which dress to wear for prom that was two weeks away and the boys discussing the basketball season.

"Hey Ethan." Jace had stepped up near the edge of the table. The football player and a friend smiled down at us, mostly Spencer once he saw how close we were and couldn't help but chuckle slightly, "We're having a meeting tomorrow in the boys' locker room."

"Sure, what about?"

"Miscellaneous things."

"Really?" I narrowed my eyes. I bet they were going to choose a successor to Richmond, the quarterback and the greatest football player this school ever had. Every guy on the team idolized his ability on the field and I was no exception. We all strived to be as great as he was and now that his school years were coming to a close, someone had to take his place. "Cool."

"Cool." He repeated with a slight chuckle and he was off.

"What was all of that about?" Spence asked, getting up off me and turning to meet my eyes. I breathed out from the lack of body contact and turned to answer him.

"Nothing." I mumbled and took a huge bite of my burger, nearly choking myself in the process.

"Okay, guys what are we going to be doing about the googily eyed stares that are being thrown E and Spence's way?" Karla finally spoke up.

We all felt them. Everyone was either highly pleased, sort of confused or just shocked that me and Spencer were now official. I chose to ignore them; Spencer didn't seem to care and most were cool with it. Those who weren't probably didn't speak up since they didn't want to deal with the football team.

"Just ignore them." I shrugged, "It's what I do."

"That's fine and dandy but it's starting to get annoying. People come up to me, acting as if we came out the same womb just to ask me questions about you guys." She barked.

Jake nodded, "Yeah, and they're calling you guys Spencan now."

That made Spence chuckle, "That's ridiculous."

Russo chuckled, "You're telling me, I've been asked so many bizarre questions pertaining to you two that even I'm getting curious about the answers."

I rolled my eyes, "Just ignore those guys. We're the big news this month is all. Once someone gets knocked by the PE teacher next week we'll be a passing thought."

"Doubt it." Karla snorted, "Prom is in a couple of days and the King and Queen Crowns may just become the King and King Crowns this year."

"That's not going to happen." Spencer laughed but Karla's stoic facial expression told another story.

"There are already petitions asking the Prom committee to allow Spencer into the 'Queen' bracket."

"That's slightly insulting..." Spence mumbled.

I chuckled, "Well, what did you expect? You're dating a star football player; did you really think I would be the one nominated for Queen?"

He rolled his eyes and started grumbling something about me not being a star football player but I chose to write it off as jealousy that I was the alpha in this relationship, "Deal with it, baby."I winked.

He mumbled something inaudible and started playing with the collar on his blue button up shirt.

I shook my head laughing inwardly and returning my attention back to Karla, "So, me and Spence might be Junior Prom Kings?"

She nodded, "It's not the first time it has happened." She noted, "Back when I was a freshman the student body protested a school rule that same sex couples weren't permitted into the dance. The rule was overturned and Jessica and Anna won the Senior Crowns."

"Who knows," Jake said, "History might repeat itself. You and Spencer could become the first Junior Kings."

"Why does winning a stupid crown even matter?" Spencer spoke up, earning the attention of the rest of us. It took him a moment to fully realize that all of us had heard him and were looking at him for a clear explanation. His eyes darted between us before he rolled them, "It's just a stupid plastic crown that says 'hey, look at me, I peaked in high school and now I'm a doorman at your local Wal-Mart'."

Karla blinked, "Actually, Jessica is a pediatrician and Anna is a successful defense lawyer."

"And you call working with sick, unruly kids and working with criminals who'll kill you if you lose a case a "great future"." He replied, using air quotes to illustrate his point.

"I have to agree with Spence, guys." Russo interjected, "It's just plastic."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh please Russ, you're just mad that gay is the thing right now. We'll accept Asians soon enough. One revolution at a time."

Jake snorted, "Until then, try to perfect your driving skills." I laughed and high fived him across the table at Russ' expense. The shorter male rolled his eyes and fled back into his Bio book.

The bell sounded as soon as Karla was going to speak up again and with a huff in annoyance at the loud, alarm like ring, she nodded her head and stood. The rest of us followed her lead, grabbing trays and bags and exiting the cafeteria. Karla was the first to leave and Abby not soon after.

"See you after school?" Spencer smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek that made me shiver. I swallowed and chose not to open my mouth, afraid of what my escape. Instead I chose a flurry of nods that made him narrow his eyes and chuckle before retreating down the hall in the opposite direction of me and the boys.

"I feel like I'm dying." I groaned, slamming myself against an innocent and unsuspecting locker. "I need an ice cold shower before I jump someone."

Russo shook his head, "Knowing you, it's a strong possibility."

Jake concurred, "You might want to skip Chem and just go and take a shower or something."

I clenched my jaw and exhaled shakily, "That might be a good idea. Take notes."

They both nodded and I turned around and headed down the hall way to the boys' locker room only to bump in the new girl, Suzy again.

Well, not so much as bump as tripping over her.

"Oh my Gosh!" she yelled when I smacked the floor, crawling over to me, "Are you okay?"

I grunted, pushing myself up off the ground and dusting of my hands on my jeans, "It's okay," I groaned, "I wasn't looking where I was going."

She smiled, "Well, I shouldn't have been sitting in the middle of the hall, so technically it's my fault."

I smirked, "Okay then it settled. It's was your fault."

She rolled she eyes and giggled softly, "Some gentleman you are." She remarked, sarcastically before scooting back over to her position on the floor. I hesitated on what I should've done.

I wanted to sit and get to know her more – why was here hair a few shades darker then when we first met? Why didn't her clothes fit as tightly as they did before? But I had to go cool off for a while. I didn't want to make any stupid decisions.

"Are you okay?"

I looked up, momentarily startled by her sudden question and chuckled, "It's nothing, I was just wondering if I could join you?"

There was a reluctant glint forming in her eyes, "I don't know if that's such a great idea."

I frowned, Why not?"

"Aren't you with that guy that everyone likes?"

I nodded stiffly, "Yeah and..."

"And, that last thing I want to be seen as is some home wrecker who messed up the relationship of the most likeable guy in school and his athlete boyfriend."

I scoffed, "Is that all I am?"

It was her turn to smirk, "Basically." She replied, cheekily.

I snorted, "Well, that's insulting."

"And true." She quipped as soon and the final word spilled out of my mouth. Her smile – sly and coy made her look familiar and the playful, amused glint in her eyes was one I've seen before but I couldn't exactly but my finger on it. "So where were you off to?"

"Uh," I whispered, diverting my gaze to the suddenly interesting floor. I couldn't exactly tell her I was about to take a cold shower to calm my hormones down, "Just skipping class, I guess." I narrowed my eyes, "Why are you here? Didn't you inspect the school like a month ago?"

She nodded, "Yeah and I quite like it. The halls are quiet and the perfect place to read," she noted, holding up her book. It was a Patterson novel. One of those that Spence liked to read. "It's way more quiet than my new home anyway." She laughed, a bit bitterly but tried to conceal it with a small smile. She noticed my sudden worry and scoffed, "Please don't ask me if everything is alright." She smiled, "Everything is fine."

"Okay." Was all I could say and she nodded and dove back into her book. There was an awkward pause as she followed the words in her book, mumbling some quietly but her eyes scanned to quickly across the page to ever be actually reading. I needed to break it so I took a leap of faith, "I want to have sex." She slowly looked up, slightly confused, "Like," I chuckled humorlessly, "badly."

She blinked, "Well, I'm sorry but I'm not working the red light tonight, try some other whore." She barked, sounded half amused, half offended and it was only when she grumbled an 'asshole' underneath her breath and that had realized what I had mistakenly implied.

I chuckled, "Not with you." She scoffed and my smile dropped, "No, not that you aren't attractive or anything is just that I'm not into you." She gaped, looking largely offended now and I could feel the panic rising from my gut and into my chest, "sorry, what I mean is that I like Spencer and I want to have sex with him but I don't know how to go about asking him plus I've never slept with a guy before."

She wore a scowl at first, looking me up and down. "Ethan." She breathed and the sound of her alluring voice caused the breath to hitch and my tongue to curl at the back of my throat and roll back down, preventing me from answering her. She moved in closer, placed a soft, welcoming – too welcoming hands on my knee and scooted forward. "I love you." She said, coming closer, dragging her body closer to mine until our chests were almost touching. Her open palms were used as leverage, being flatly placed on either of my knees. She brought her lips to mine and breathed a seductive, "Make love to me." And I almost did. Right there. Right then.

But she scooted back with a laugh and picked up her book again, "That should work and don't be afraid of the guy on guy thing. If you really like him, it'll come naturally."

It took me a moment to register what just happen. Hell, even after I grew some sense of what she did I still confused... and drooling a bit. I coughed awkwardly, "Yeah, that would be," I coughed again, "great."

She smiled, keeping her pink lips together and looked up briefly from her book to give me a big, knowing smile, "Good luck."

"Yeah," I mumbled, scrambling to my feet, "I'll see you around."

"Yup." She answered, not bothering to look up. It took me a moment or two but I finally found my footing and stumbled away to the boys' locker room where I took perhaps, the longest shower in the history of mankind.

After school and football practice. Spencer for some reason wasn't't speaking to me. It was like we were married and I was the guy who never knew what he did but ended up sleeping on the lumpy couch in the living room with the dog.

I went home and was met by a note that was tuck to the front door.

'Buried treasure. The Heart marks the spot.'

It made sense now.

I smiled, peeling the yellow sticky note off the front door and opening it. It was dark as usual around eight in the evening. Mom was working, so was dad and Josh was probably out on a date. I dropped my bags, letting out a huge sigh of relief and proceeded to look around for whoever left me the note.

As of it was a mystery.

I searched the kitchen first but was only met with another sticky note, hoisted at the very top of the refrigerator.

'I knew you'd come in here first. You're getting colder'

I chuckled and rolled my eyes playfully before dropping it and leaving the kitchen. It wasn't until I stumbled to the bottom of the banister that I found another one.

'Warmer'

I ascended the stairs and by the time I had gotten to the top step, it was pretty easy from there. I just followed the sound of a guitar trying to be played; emphasis on trying. I crept up to my room door where the broken melody and mumbled curse words seemed to be escaping from under the door.

There was aheart on it, half done and kind of crupled up. I opened it slowly and softy to be met by Spencer, seated on the floor with the guitar in his hand.

He looking up rather startled and let the guitar slowly sink into his lap, "Wow, you did that quickly." He commented, looking marginally bewildered. I didn't speak. My eyes were too focused on the mess that had become my room. Flower stems were all over the floor with their petals missing; a box of chocolate was dented and placed on my bed next to a turned over bottle of something. Then my eyes came to Spencer, who must have noticed the confused look. He sighed in defeat, "I tried." He murmured, "I really did."

"Did what? Try to recreate ahurrcane of choclates and candy?" He scoffed at my sarcasm. "Spence, you did all of...this?"

He nodded timidly and his cheeks tinted a slight pink color, "Yeah. Ever since we started dating, you've been the spontaneous guy one and I've also been the surprised chick. So I tried to change things up and well," he chuckled, "I have a new found respect for your climbing skills because getting up that damn window wasn't easy."

I was dumbfounded and slightly worried that he had hurt himself climbing up my window. I've fallen from Spencer's windowsill more times than I'd liked to count.

"How in the hell do you set all those dates up so quickly?"

I smirked and got closer, sitting down in front of him and handing for the guitar, "Secret. Give it here." He rolled his eyes but passed it over anyway, "This was sweet but why did you think you had to 'woo' me?" I frowned, "I was just joking about you being the girl in the relationship."

"No you weren't." He retorted, "but that's not the reason. I just wanted you to know that I cared enough to do set up some unrealistic, complicated and elaborate date like you do."

"It doesn't matter, Spence. I don't do those things because they make you happy." He was about to bark but I placed a finger on his lip, "I do those because they make me happy," I thought, "well, that and the fact that I screw things up and have to make it up to you somehow but mostly because it makes me happy to see you so happy. Call me selfish but, your eyes light up and your cheeks get all rosy and you kiss me and I love it."

He stared before rolling his eyes, "That was supposed to be me saying those lines."

I chuckled, "Leave the romantics to me baby and I have a question to ask you."

"You want to have sex."

I blinked, "N-no.

He raised an eyebrow, No?"

I coughed and puffed out my chest, giving him seductive eyes, "I don't want to have sex. I want to make loooove."

He blinked, "Say that again and I'll knock your head clean off your shoulders."

I bowed my head, "Got it."

"Ethan, I know you. Plus when I blink at you and you shiver. I know it's been a month-."

"A month, two weeks, four days, seven hours, eleven minutes, six seconds," I looked down at my watch, "seven seconds, eight seconds, nine sec-" he thumped me in the middle of my forehead.

"You're ruining the moment, idiot." He growled, "I know you told me that I get to decide and I have decided. Let's," he rolled his eyes and sighed, "I can't believe I'm saying this. Let's......boink."

I blinked, then gain and suddenly I realized what he said, "So I can lay down the pipe?"

He rolled his eyes but the smile on his lips betrayed him, "Yes."

"I can give you this D?"

"Oh gosh,"

"I can give you a ride on the Littman Express."

He rolled his eyes "You're turning me off."

I chuckled and got up, grabbing him suddenly and hoisting him in my arms, "I'm gonna rock your world, baby."

"Yeah, Yeah." He mumbled as I dropped him on the bed, steering clear of the chocolate and the bottle.

"What, you don't believe me?" I questioned, climbing on top of him.

He shrugged, "You lie, Ethan." I snickered and kissed him. "And no biting."

"I promise."

I bit him and he yelped. "You said you promised!"

"I lie, remember?"

[I don't do graphic scenes so sorry of you wanted me to go a bit further. Still, VOTE and COMMENT for mooore. <3]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 66 5
Dylan and his little sister, Layla, recently had to move to a new house due to their Dad's new job, which means a new school which means new friends...
302K 15.5K 35
Miller Spencer knows that it's normal to love your best friend. Ace has been his best friend since forever. So, of course, it's completely natural t...
393K 21.7K 39
𝐇𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞. 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐢...
154K 8.5K 24
Ethan, a gay teenage boy, has been single all his life. While his friends' facebook relationship statuses read "In a relationship", his remains a pit...