My Not So Perfect Mate (boyxb...

By RiaThedreamer

Xavier Ainsworth was the alpha of one of the strongest packs in the world. He had recently taken over the alp... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 Part I
Chapter 20 Part III
Chapter 20 Finale
Chapter 21 Part I
Chapter 21 Part II
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 20 Part II

2.9K 121 19
By RiaThedreamer

Just then my phone rang and I simply had the feeling that it was from Jake. I instructed Phillip to take the soldiers out very quietly, so as to not alert anyone in the pack. The hall we were in was located at the outskirts of the pack so that must not be so difficult. I reminded him that we still needed to keep an eye on them as one of them still could possibly be a mole.

I answered my phone and all I could hear was rapid breathing on the other side of the phone and I got scared for a moment that Jake has been captured but then his voice echoed through the speakers, " You won't be happy with what I am about to tell you. You will so not be happy"

" Thank god you are alive"

" Yes I am alive and I am Santa so I come bearing the gift of knowledge. He has accumulated a huge army, we are talking at least a thousand feral rouges here, who are ready to tear apart anything that comes within their line of sight. Well, their sense of smell is shit which definitely helps but still, they are dangerous".

" What about Ramsey, do you have any information on him, any information. He is at least alive right?"

" Yes he is alive, I heard one of the rouges talking about how he wants to gobble up the pathetic boy so yes he is alive for now but we need to hurry. I couldn't get too close to the house but it's a medium-sized cabin with rouges surrounding it"

" We can't just go in blind, we need to get them surrounded and vulnerable, leave them with no exit strategy. We need to attack from all sides and we need to be aggressive about it", Jake advised based on what he was witnessing there.

" You are right. I will get the plan in place and also keep you posted. We are moving in our wolf forms so we would be there by early morning. Where do you think we should hole up till you are ready to attack?", I asked, wanting to be as prepared as possible.

" On my way here, about a mile from the hideout, I found a huge abandoned mansion which will be perfect for you all to hole up for the time being until we are finally ready to attack. And Xav, we have this, we will slaughter this monster for once and all so he will never be able to harm any more innocent children. Just a little longer my friend", the last few sentences were said in a soft tone and were filled with so much compassion and determination that for some time I was just left speechless.

After a meaningful pause, we simply said our goodbyes with a promise to keep each posted as much as possible.

Feeling a little relieved after a very long time, I let myself bask in it for just a minute longer before I once again got in front of all my soldiers and asked them to transform into their wolf form so that we can finally get a move on.

Now in my wolf form, I looked at all the people gathered before me, my brave soldiers who were willing to sacrifice their lives to save that of a small innocent child that didn't even belong to our pack.

I know that a lot of them knew that it was the same monster who had kidnapped me and I was thankful that it was incentive enough for them to put their life at stake for the cause.

" Let's go", I yelled telepathically and just like that we were on the move leaving the pack in the experienced hands of our former beta.

" Sam just texted me, they are all set and will start their journey for the place in about one and a half hour. He also said that Lucas and his soldiers will be on the move, an hour after that, so that they will reach the place at approximately the same time, a few minutes after us", Phillip who was running just beside me, communicated telepathically.

" Great. Jake told me that just a mile away from the hideout place there is an abandoned mansion of sorts and that can be our stop for the time being before you decide to attack. Let's Sam and Lucas know about it on our first and only rest stop", I informed him.

" Yes Alpha", he replied and after that, it was just a silent journey ahead.
---------------------------------------------------------
We were finally at the mansion after three hours of non-stop running with a two-minute break where Phillip let Sam and Lucas know about our camping place. We finally transformed into our human form.

I knew that Chris's and Lucas's pack will also be here soon and I also knew that we will have to attack as soon as they were here since a group as huge as was bound to raise suspicious and be located one way or the other. So we will have to plan everything while they are still on the move. We needed to decide on our final strategies now itself.

Also, there was still a possibility that there was be a mole among us and even though I had some of my trusted men in place to keep an eye of every one of the soldiers, you could never be too sure.

I approached my dad who was conveniently accompanied by Phillip and his dad.

As soon as I reached them I made them privy of my thoughts and they too agreed that we can't wait for them to reach here and then decide on our final strategies. It does leave us in a vulnerable position. So we decided to get everything straight now itself so that we can attack as soon as Charles's and Lucas's pack reach here.

As then the only thing left will be to attack and put an end to the monster who was the manifestation of all the sins filling this world.

While Phillip was trying to set everything up for this conference call trying to get the two packs to stop their journey for a short while so that we can get our plan straight, I faced the crowd of soldier around me.

" Okay, I know this place is not large enough to house all of us. But we need to be do all that we can to not raise suspicion. If they have even the slightest hint that we are coming then that's the end, it will be all for nothing, all our efforts until now will be for nothing", I said reinstating the fact that how important it was for us to lay low for the time being.

Suddenly, a loud cry reverberated around the room coming from not far away. The room went completely silent to the points that we could hear our own breathing. Every one of us got into fight mode, extremely vigilant.

A second later, Derek came running inside the room.

" I think a small group of rouge are nearby, it seems like they are on a hunting trip. They are coming closer to this place as we speak", said Derek frantically.

" Okay, send two of our trackers immediately to find out their number. Go now.", I directed Derek.

There was no time to panic and no time to think. It's now or never. So I once again addressed the soldiers, " So now people, we are no longer laying low. The enemy is already knocking at our door and we need to fight, fight for that little boy, fight for all the innocent people this monster has ever abused and tortured, fight to make this world safer for your children and loved ones. A small group of soldiers will stay behind to deal with the approaching enemy while the rest of us takes a different route and reach the hideout because once the fight here begins, the others at the hideout will soon find out about the confrontation and we will have to launch a full-fledged attack before they have a chance to strengthen their defences. Once this war starts, there will be no pause or a stop until we slay the enemy. Are we in this together?"

" Yes, we are in this together", resounded around the room.

Then I turned to Phillip, " Inform the two packs about the situation, tell them that the war has already begun and there is no time for strategizing. We are moving to the hideout and will attack as soon as we reach, I know it is dangerous as they may outnumber us but this is our best chance. Tell them to hurry and reach the hideout as soon as possible."

After that the room transformed in a blur of activities, orders being shouted, teams being formed and soon enough, we were on the move, once again in our wolf form.
---------------------------------------------------------
Things didn't go as we had expected them to, the small batch of rouges reached the mansion before we reached the hideout, the full-on fight alerting the rouges that something was wrong and just as the rundown cabin came into view, obscured safely in the canopy formed by trees, I didn't wait even a second before ordering my battalion to attack so that we can catch the rouges in this moment of confusion and chaos.

And attack my army did and just like that the place transformed into a battlefield.

I didn't wait even a minute before running towards the cabin because I knew that now Ramsey's life was in more danger than ever. Now Rico will either be using him as his human shield and try to escape or he will simply kill him in his anger and I needed to stop him before any of those things happened.

My wolf slaughtered one rouge after another clearing my way towards the cabin and just as I kicked in the door, the scene that greeted me turned my blood into ice.

About ten rouges lay dead but the sight that terrified me was a large wolf pinning down Jake's wolf and trying to bite his neck, his nasty teeth too close for comfort. The murderous intent of the other wolf was clear as day and my legs moved on their own accord and I rushed towards the enemy.

I pulled him from above Jake and threw him across the room. I turned and saw that the wolf was knocked out cold.

" Are you okay", I asked him telepathically to which he simply nodded. He was wounded but thankfully, it was not that bad.

" That's Rico", he said and before I had the chance to process anything, wolves, no they were all rouges came barging into the room, murder clear in their eyes. Their only intent was to have our heads and thus began the long fight for survival. Two against what seems like hundred of rouges, they just kept coming. I knew without a doubt that my army was similarly outnumbered.

In the middle of all this chaos, a voice echoed in my head, " We are here. Both the packs are here". It was Sam's voice and I took a sigh of relief. But the relief was short-lived as a child's painful cry was heard near the door of the cabin.

I looked ahead and saw Rico surrounded by a large number of rouge wolves standing there with a knife to a small boy's throat. A line was blood was trickling down his throat, the sight making me nauseous.

" Stop right now or this boy is dead", shouted Rico rendering both Jake and I paralysed in a matter of seconds. I was well aware of his psychotic nature and knew that he was capable of literally anything. So I was not ready to take any chances when it came this boy's life.

" Good to know you are still the sweet obedient child you were when you were ten. Welcome Xavier, I can't fit into words how much I have missed you in all these years. It's great that we could have this reunion", he said in a sickly sweet voice, his worlds making bile rise in my throat, I was so going to barf.

" Now let's take this party outside so that you can once again be a sweetheart and tell your men to stop killing these rouges of mine. And then you and I can have some fun. Come on get your ass moving, both of you. Transform into your human form, now", the monster ordered us knowing that he had rendered helpful now.

We did as directed and we were soon outside of the cabin. I don't know why but eyes were trying to find someone, see for myself if they were fine. Was this an Alpha thing? But why was I more concerned about a single person then I was concerned about myself. Everything is so messed up in my head. I am having these weird thoughts when so many people's lives were in danger.

He was nowhere to be found and I had to force myself to calm down and take a deep breath. More important things were at stake here and it looked like though we were winning on the battlefield, we had still lost at the hands of this demon. There was no way for us to do anything as long as Rico held Ramsey's life clutched between his hands.

" Tell them to stop. Tell them to surrender", he yelled at me and for the first time, I looked at him. He looked old and haggard, there was a huge scar starting on his forehead and ending on his right cheek making him look like the devil himself. His eyes were dark and evil and there was a smirk on his lips making my blood boil.

Was I really going to lose against this monster? Have I really let all these people down.

And the next chapter marks the finale of this war. It's coming soon.

What do you think happens next? Let's see what you guys come up with.

Also guys, I finally hit 10K reads and I am really happy and thankful to you guys. So, I wanted to let you guys ask me one question, it can be anything about me or the story until it spoils the suspense. Let me know if you want to ask me something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.9K 28
Liam Cole. He's got it all. Good looks, an intact family, and a future. Nothing can go wrong in his life, it just isn't fathomable. - Milo Lazos...
2.2M 77.5K 28
Berlin Cahill has always been different. He was the smallest of the bunch from the beginning. When he did not shift at the age of 13, as all werewolv...
263K 15.4K 75
Callan has been a non-shifter his entire life. He was ridiculed and looked down upon. But with the help of his father and years of torture and traini...
1M 43.6K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...