Senseless Sensations: Neo x b...

By Lucifer20000

A mute badass, A blind fighter and the best thief in remnant. Neopolitan, (Y/N) (L/N) and Roman Torchwick. St... More

Blind but still seeing
Back in the game
From dust till dawn
Next move
Partners in crime
Authors Note
And so it begins
Authors Note
We're gonna need more men
Time fly's when you're having fun
yeah, I forgot to murder that guy, sorry
Phase 2 begins
The white fang meeting
The chase
Good old fashioned B and E
I've always wanted to Kill a Schnee
Everything's coming together
Phase 3
Thinking ahead
Everything is in place
Seeds of hopelessness
Who can you trust?

Neopolitan

4.9K 86 9
By Lucifer20000

Neo tilted her head to the side and placed one hand on her hip. I smirked. "Oh sorry, didn't realize you wanted me to try" I flipped my cane up into a wielding stance and she pointed her parasol at me, closing it as it came over her shoulder. She rushed me and I struck at her as she came my way but was taken back for a moment when I heard a shattering on impact. I regained my composure and smiled. "A clone. I should have known huh?" I closed my eyes to concentrate (Not that closing them made any visual difference) and turned without a split second to waste as she struck my cane and hopped over my head, gently lowering to the ground as I heard the parasol open to slow her decent. "We're just gonna dance around like this all day?" I remarked sarcastically. Neo twirled her weapon in her hand before charging me. I swung and she dodged under, striking the back of my leg but I spun on my knee and blocked a downward strike, forcing her back before going on the offensive again.

Her speed was insane. It always had me in awe, how she dodged ever blow with such fluency. I was no slouch though if I do say so myself. Parrying her strikes and using my cane to trap and redirect her kicks. Hauling her over my shoulder at one point only for her to flip through and land with the grace of a dancer. I knocked another kick away and she did a full 360 turn before coming back with a swing which I managed to duck to the side of.

We stood flatfooted, each pointing their weapon at the other. Before I chortled and placed my stick back down in front of me. Leaning on it with both hands. "Still exceptional I see" she bowed courteously before righting herself and resting the parasol back on her shoulder.

"So where is everybody?" I enquired. She placed a finger on her cheek, miming a thinking action. I smiled warmly. Despite her tendency to mess with people, I truly enjoyed Neo's little games. She snapped her fingers and I heard the shimmering wave of sound that indicated her semblance being used. I smacked my cane hard against the floor to send out a wave of vibration. It hit a physical object, her illusion. I could make out the shape. A warehouse. But of different build to this one. "A new base of operation?" I jokingly tutted "Why am I not surprised that Roman didn't tell me?" I smiled to myself before turning away and putting on a mock angry voice "Wouldn't expect anything less from a second rate thief like him. I mean. What an untrustworthy buffoon" I turned around to see Neo with her arms crossed, tapping her foot on the floor. Clearly unimpressed. I laughed a little. "You know I'm kidding ice cream queen" she stamped her foot down at this remark and a spread my arms out in mock confusion "whaaaat? I thought you liked that nickname" she put a hand on her hip, a very slight head movement let me know that she'd just rolled her eyes.

"So" I continued "What are you doing here?" She stepped up to me and pointed right at my chest. "Awww you waited for me. I'm touched" she flicked her finger upwards, catching me in the nose before turning and beginning to skip towards the exit. I followed on behind her. "So was it out of the kindness of your own heart or did Roman send you?" She stopped and looked at me, shaking her head. I chuckled, amused. "Then what?" She hung her parasol in the crook of her arm to free up both hands. She then pointed at me before punching a fist into the other hands open palm.

My turn to roll my eyes. But it was obviously more for Neo then me. "Right. I forgot. The pink clad killing machine just likes to kick my ass" The only reason I knew she was pink was because every aura had a different colour, guess I lucked out over other unfortunately blinded souls. "All i'm useful for right? Getting my ass handed to me" she nodded jovially and I smiled before she smacked my lower back with the parasol as an indication to follow her. Further indicating by making a 'come here' motion with her finger as she skipped happily towards the door. I continued following until a heard the rasping metal of the door and a cold chill flowing in and freezing my blood to ice "Gods" I shivered. Neo tilted her head and skipped up to me, grabbing my arm and pulling me out into the night air. "You're just a beacon of care and consideration aren't you" Neo looked back over her shoulder at me, I could make the educated guess that she was beaming ear to ear knowing she was getting on my nerves. Then she kept walking on and I followed like an obedient pup, just like she wanted. It was funny. even though she was getting on my nerves and was far from a 'caring' person. I could never be mad at her. Neo and Roman were the only two people in Remnant I still cared about. I hoped they cared about me as well. We walked for hours. we didn't make conversation. That was....more then difficult for her but we didn't really mind. it was nice to just know she was there. Roman had left me out of the loop for some reason recently. I was looking forward to hopefully finding out why.

Roman P.O.V

"These are the best you have?" I gestured to the five guys, all in identical black suits and hats before turning back to junior. 

"If you're not interested you can look somewhere else. These guys are competent and they ain't gonna ask questions" 

I sighed deeply rubbing my brow as he continued "If you don't mind my asking, what do you even need em for? ain't you got your own grunts for robberies  already?" 

I cuffed my hand over his mouth and gestured to the crowds surrounding the club "Mind talking a little louder, I think there's some Faunus in menagerie that didn't here you" I let him go and pulled out a small stack of lien. "I'm short on manpower right now so fine I'll take em. But don't expect a five star review on this place" I walked away from him, pulling out a cigar and gesturing for his guys to follow me "come on then" They did as I said, so at least they were obedient. I stepped out into the back alley and lit up my cigar, taking a puff before I heard a pretty huge crashing sound come from inside. "well, that's our cue" I straightened my collar and swung my cane down beginning the long walk back to the new warehouse. 

(Y/N) P.O.V

I walked into the new place. I could already tell just from the general vibe that it was A'LOT bigger then our last HQ. "Damn" I muttered breathlessly "How much stuff does Roman plan to get in here?" Neo turned to face me, holding her hands out wide to symbolize how much dust we were talking.

"I'll take that as quite a hefty chunk then. Generous payday if we sell it to the right buyer" I started to wander around the wide open spaces between row upon row of dust containers. Neo skipping lightly behind me as I struck my stick against one. Allowing me to know the presence of several other people in the place. Shifting containers and boxes which I could feel pulsing with energy. "Who's the new guys? Don't recognise these auras" Neo shrugged in response. "well that's real helpful little miss death machine" I teased. She folded her arms and shook her head lightly. I placed a hand on her shoulder. Feeling her aura as I did. Sometimes the over tuning of my other senses was a slight bit annoying. I could hear her heartbeat, even feel the blood rushing through veins. Can't complain though. I'd rather feel everything then nothing.  "Hey you know I'm kidding" she nodded "We wouldn't be where we are without you Neo" I gave her a genuine smile. I like to think she returned it. Or a smirk at least. A familiar voice joined in from about 20 feet away

"Couldn't agree more" 

I smirked "Well well Neo he did show. Guess you win the bet. Neo placed a hand on her hips and swayed on the spot happily as Roman continued walking in my our direction. I struck the floor and felt the vibrations of five other people with him. "Who's the entourage?" I remarked. He sighed "All I could get unfortunately. Should be enough though" 

"For what exactly?" I retorted. My voice now sounding more severe. "Its been almost two weeks Torchwick. Two weeks i've been out of the loop. I think its damn time I got some answers"

He walked right up in front of me and we glared each other down. (well all i can really do is stare blankly so its not to difficult) I continued with an aggressive whisper. "I'm blind Torchwick. But I can see when i'm being left out....And we both know how much I hate being left out" He must have been smoking a cigar because a felt smoke blow into my face. There was a tense pause....before we both started chuckling and embraced each other with one arm 

"Good to see you Roman" he stepped back from the hug, chortling as he took another puff. "Oh so you got jokes now? Well at least i got working optical receptors" I lightly pushed him in the gut with my cane "You're lucky I love you man, or i'd beat your ass for that one" i saw that Neo was still happily swaying herself. This was my family for all intensive purposes. I guess we all found our way to each other and I think it worked out. I didn't know much about Neo's past but she cared about Roman. A lot. He had done so much for both of us, I knew that much. He took one final puff before dropping the cigar and stamping it out. "Alright then. Mushy pleasantries out the way. Its business time."

"Halleluiah" I said. Starting to follow on as he led me and Neo to his new control area of the warehouse. " I was starting to get bored" I pulled out the wallet I snatched earlier and threw it up in the air for Roman to catch on the way down. He had a slightly confused tone as he joked "Well looks like you made some cash in the meantime" I smirked. "Not my wallet" He laughed at this. I looked over at Neo and she gave me an approving nod. "Nice to see your blind ass is learning something" 

"Well I learned from the best........thanks Neo" she bowed as Roman pretended to laugh "Haha very funny. Ready to do some actual work now?" I smacked my cane against my open palm "Born ready" 

"Also born blind" he retorted. I pointed my cane at him "Pushing your luck ya prick, jokes wearing thin" Neo smacked my chest with the back of her hand and I placed my stick back down. Smiling at the adorable way she always defends him. Roman leant over a table and I heard some paper being shuffled around as me and Neo stood either side of him. "I'll be first to admit (Y/N) I've been keeping you out of the loop. But I did it for a good reason"

"Think I can't handle the life anymore?" I folded my arms as he responded.

 "Not at all. But something about this changed. I may have forgotten to mention who we're getting all this dust for" I was initially confused "Woah woah I thought that was obvious. We were gonna ship it off to the highest bidder. Make a heap of cash, retire early. Ringing any bells?" his tone of voice made him sound almost embarrassed "yeahhh that story was kinda 100% made up" I'll admit I was actually taken aback, even a little offended. Roman always kept me in the game. Always informed. The three of us, me, him and Neo never kept secrets from each other but here he was openly admitting to a lie. "Roman you're not serious. We've always been an 'independent' business. Not only do you break that unspoken rule..but you lie to me and then cut me out?!" 

He held his hands up in a gesture of surrender. Neo went to step between us but he lightly pushed her away "Its fine Neo. A man has a right to be upset." He brushed my shoulders down and straightened my jacket "But its not ME you should be-" I smacked his hands away and sighed "Roman I can't be bothered with one of your detours right now" He held his hand up again. Neo once again tried to step in and Roman once again called off his adorable guard dog. I nodded in her direction and took a deep breath, calming down a little. "Sorry Neo" Roman straightened himself out.

"I couldn't bring you in yet because our new" He hesitated on the word "Employer...didn't know whether they could rely on somebody who was a little. How do I say. 'Optically challenged'" I made another deep sigh "You're serious?" 

he chortled "Wish I was lying" Neo's shoulders bounced slightly as she let out a completely silent chuckle. I allowed myself a small smile before returning to my stern approach. "So...who is our new 'employer'? Someone who's biased against the blind obviously" I whirled around as the sound of new footsteps entered the area as if on cue. Three people. But one set was strange. Heavier then the other two. Clanging?! Instead of thudding. Three auras walked within distance of detection. Two females and a Male. The male was the one with different footsteps. And at a certain point below his thighs, his aura was strange. Faint. It wasn't aura. No. Dust. Wind dust.

"And who are you supposed to be?" I ask bluntly. The male stepped forward to answer but the taller women held her hand up to stop him and addressed me instead. "We....well we're your new employers Roman was just telling you about" Her voice sounded honest and somewhat respectful but I could hear what was behind it. An intent of domination and malice. Her aura was powerful. Stronger then anyone else's in the room. "Who are you?" even I could feel the very slight tremble in my voice. "My name is Cinder Fall. These are my associates. Emerald Sustrai and Mercury Black" I regain some of my confidence. "I'd like to say its a pleasure....but from what I hear you're not overly impressed with my condition" I point at my eye and I hear her chuckle under her breath.

"Apologies for the misconception. But you must understand how important this business is. We can't afford mistakes"

 I chortle "I never make mistakes...I can see every single person in this warehouse, I can tell the different energies pulsing from every dust crystal, I know that-" I point at the guy "Mercury was it? I know that below the thigh your legs aren't human, i'm thinking most likely robotic, you have fire dust woven into your clothing and you, Emerald, your lightness on your feet, I'm going to assume you're a thief or stealth expert at least" I looked to my right and saw Neo, she had a proud stance, hands on hips. She nodded at me and Roman stepped forward "Been tellin you from the start, an asset. Trust him more then i've ever trusted any man. I don't care what people say. There's no honour among thieves. Trust is hard to come by in this business." Neo patted me on the back. She was surprisingly strong for her diminutive size. I always loved that about her. I hear the second female chime in. Emerald is what Cinder had called her. She sounded a little younger. "Well don't you have a job tonight? Take him with you and prove he's worth something" I gritted my teeth at the barely vailed insult as Roman responded. "Tonight's job is gonna be no hassle whatsoever. But if its what the lady wants I-" Cinder cut him off "I. Never agreed to anything" she glared In the direction of Emerald who shirked away in embarrassment. "But its not a terrible idea. We'll bring him with us tonight"

Roman spread his arms in mock excitement "Fantastic then, lets make it a party" Cinder placed a hand firmly on his shoulder. I could here a sudden drop of his sweat hit the floor. Why was he so tense? Scared even? "Don't be late Roman. Not after i've instilled so much trust in you thus far" she turned on heel and walked away, followed close behind by her lackies. "Well she knows how to make a first impression" Neo folded her arms and shook her head in the direction they had just left. "How long has she been calling the shots?" Neo held up 7 fingers "weeks?" i ask and she nodded. Yeah that lines up, i thought to myself. It had been about 2 weeks before hand that Roman had dropped me entirely but 6 weeks ago is when he started being distant, Neo had gone dark in this time as well. I would have been far more annoyed at her back in the old warehouse. But when we were face to face, I forgot all about being left out when she showed up. "To damn long" Roman snorted when he was sure the coast was clear. "Working us to the damn bone...its not even fun half the time anymore"

"Then why take orders from her?"

 He chuckled semi nervously "You make it sound like we have a choice" I turned to Neo who took her thumb and dragged it across her throat. "I think I get the picture" I gulped.

"And it won't just be my ass if we disappoint" Roman explained. He rubbed Neo's chin endearingly with a curved finger and then turned to me. "Well guess i'm in then"

"Just like that?"

"Yeah..just like that. You two are the most important people in my world. i'm gonna stand by you"

Neo tilted her head and i felt like she was smiling. Roman pulled out another cigar. "Alright enough sentimental crap. Me and you have a little field trip to plan for." He sauntered off and not long after i heard him barking orders. I turned to my other companion with a warm smile. "good to be back" She patted me on the arm before skipping passed me. I couldn't help but smile even more at this. "Good to be back" i repeated to myself as i watched her aura fade from my view of detection.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 155 20
With the coming of the Vital Festival and students from other schools coming to Beacon, everyone is under pressure to represent their school. For Y/N...
2.5K 44 16
This will follow the story of F/n a mysterious yet powerful boy who appears more than meets the eye as he prefers to his closely guarded his past to...
20.3K 268 7
The people of Remnant sleep soundly every day and they can give a living care of what happens at night but in reality there's a mass murderer , a hi...
9.8K 268 23
It was now time for the Vytal Festival to begin. You and your teammates were all eager to begin fighting in the tournament. But even though you were...