We're Just Friends... Aren't...

Por PenToPageBQ

“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe tem... Más

Chpt 1
Chpt 2
Chpt 3
Chpt 4
Chpt 5
Chpt 6
Chpt 7
Chpt 8
Chpt 9
Chpt 10
Chpt 11
Chpt 12
Chpt 13
Chpt 14
Chpt 15
Chpt 16
Chpt 17
Chpt 18
Chpt 19
Chpt 20
Chpt 21
Chpt 22
Chpt 23
Chpt 24
Chpt 25
Chpt 26
Chpt 27
Chpt 28
Chpt 29
Chpt 31
Chpt 32
Chpt 33
Chpt 34
Chpt 35
Chpt 36
Chpt 37 - Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chpt 30

1.8K 72 0
Por PenToPageBQ

   Jenny is scowling at Henry, as if she wants to kill him, not that I necessarily blame her. No one is even saying anything, it's as if breathing too hard would slice the atmosphere. Nathan coughs and glances at me with a hopeful look on his face, what on earth does he expect me to do?! "Can someone pass me the sandwiches?" I ask in an attempt to lighten things up. It doesn't really work because Henry just wordlessly passes them over to me, his scowl not once being lifted from his face, his eyes not even turning to meet mine. I take them and place them by me, picking up a cheese sandwich and wishing I was anywhere but here. "Nath, when can we head back?" Jenny asks him, giving him a sickeningly sweet smile. It makes my stomach churn just looking at it, as she flicks some more manure off herself. She still looks great in all honesty, even when covered in horse dung, and here I am just feeling ugly and gross. Great for my morale, really great. Nathan is giving me imploring looks but there's nothing that I can do, I mean I just tried to stem the tension but it was hardly effective. 

"I think we should stay a little longer." he says eventually. She sighs but smiles at him anyway and then resumes her scowling face. "Ivy I need to check the stables, come with me." Nath says abruptly.

"Check the stables?" I ask him, confused now. He raises his eyebrows at me in a desperate manner. 

"Yes. The stables needs checking, remember I told you about it…?" he asks. I smirk, kind of enjoying this situation now. I love watching him getting all flustered, it's kinda cute. 

"No, I don't recall you telling me about this…" I reply, shrugging as if I didn't have any idea what he was on about.

"You know, the other when I was saying that the wall needed checking."

"Wall?" I ask him, trying my best not to snigger.

"Yes, the wall needs to be checked."

"And you're asking me why?" I ask him, cocking an eyebrow at him. His lips form a thin line on his face and he merely gets up, grabs my arm and drags me inside the stables causing my sandwich to fall to the ground in the process, not that this stops me. "So, which wall exactly are we inspecting?" I jest as he scowls at me.

"Not funny Ivy." he replies sourly. 

"Ah come on now Nathy boy, it was a little funny." 

"Nope. Not funny in the slightest." he says, although there is a faint smile itching on his face. 

"So what was the real reason that you decided to, quite literally, drag me in here?" I ask him. 

"Well I don't know what to do."

"About the wall?" 

"No, don't be stupid Ivy. About Jenny." he whispers. My heart stammers a little at this confession. He doesn't know what to do? 

"What do you want me to say?" 

"I don't know. What do you think I should do? Should I give her another chance or not?" he asks me, looking at me with a worried expression on his face. No no no no no I think desperately, she's not worth it

"Do what you want." is what I actually tell him. 

"I don't know what I want." he whispers in a forlorn manner. 

"Well do you want her back or not?" 

"I do and I don't."

"Tell her that then." I reply.

"Why are being edgy?" he asks me curiously. Am I being edgy? I hadn't realised.

"Well that sandwich was pretty tasty…" I whisper with a dramatic sigh, to which he just laughs. 

"Sorry for tearing you away from the beloved sandwich of yours."

"You should be in all honesty, it's a travesty what you did."

"It just fell on the floor Ivy, that's hardly worthy of being termed as a travesty." 

"I think you'll find it is! It was a very traumatic experience for both me and the sandwich. You should be glad I'm not pressing charges here!" 

"You're an idiot." he says, shoving me playfully.

"It's not wise to seek counsel from an idiot." I warn him, pretending to be serious. 

"Guys, what's taking so long?" I hear Henry asking, popping into the stables.

"This wall, it's just seriously messed up." I say, laughing as Nathan scowls at me. 

"Come back, it's awkward as heck with miss cheater and us."

"Us being?"

"Your band mates and I, apparently they dislike her as much as me." Henry says as if he approves of this. 

"Look Henry-"

"IVY WHAT IS TAKING YOU AND NATHAN SO LONG?" I hear Sasha asking, as the girls appear in the stables. I frown at this, wondering where on earth Jenny is. 

"Nothing we were just inspecting this rather interesting wall…" I say, barely able to finish my sentence because of the sour look on Nathan's face. 

"Where's Jenny?" he asks, completely ignoring me now. 

"Who even cares?" Henry asks with a shrug. 

"Can't you guys just give me and Ivy a few minutes?" asks Nath imploringly. 

"Why? It's not like you're together or anything." Sasha demands.

"You aren't really together Nathy, we apparently all know that." 

"We're still friends though!" he protests, as my heart sinks a little at the words still friends. Oh dear Ivy, what have you gotten yourself into, I think to myself. 

"Lets go back to Jenny?" I suggest, heading towards the door.

"But I hadn't finished what I wanted to say-"

"Lets go back." 

   Upon arriving back at the 'picnic' another deathly silence descends upon us. Oh great, here we go again with this horrible atmosphere. "Maybe we should just pack up and head back?" I suggest after a further five minutes of deathly silence. 

"Great idea Ivy." Jenny says, plastering a smile on her face and simmering up to Nathan. He nods at this and so we start to pack up, my eyes flickering constantly between what I'm packing and the exchanges between Nathan and Jenny. It's a little irksome how they're so… close. I mean she did cheat on him for cripes' sake! Does that not mean anything to him anymore? Or has he conveniently forgotten that fact? Shoving everything into the picnic basket I sigh, turning to face the girls with a fake smile on my face. "Did you guys come by car or walking?" I ask them. 

"Car, duh." Sasha replies, laughing at me. 

"Well yeah, it is you, you lazy lump of goo."

"Goo?" she asks, flipping her hair back over her shoulder.

"Yes Sash, I said goo, what are you gunna do?" I retort. 

"Nothing it's just I expected more from out lyrical genius." she replies with a sneaky grin on her face.

"What'dya mean lyrical genius?" I ask cautiously. 

"Well you didn't think we crashed your little party for no reason now did you?" she asks me serenely. 

"I thought you came to warn us about you know," I whisper, turning to see that Jenny and Nath are a safe distance away before continuing, "Jenny." I finish. Her face turns sour again at this but then Tash puts her hand on Sasha's shoulder. 

"Part of the reason we came here Ivy." 

"The other part being…?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know if we should tell you actually."

"What?"

"Well, does she deserve to know?" Tasha asks the girls in a fake contemplative voice as we get into her car. 

"I think she does." Sally says, beaming at me uncontrollably. 

"Ok now I'm suspicious…" I mutter as Tash revs the engine. 

"BIGBREAKSTUDIOSWANTUSTOPERFORMINTHEIRCOMPETITION." Sally screams all in one breath. I frown trying to decipher what she just said and then it hits me.

"WHAT?! Big Break studios want us to what?!"

"You heard her right Ivy, apparently someone who's a regular at the bar suggested us and they are like a seriously big name in the music industry and we have the official email!" 

"Wow. So what, we're actually going to be performing? Guys this is our big break!" 

"Nicely done there Ivy…" 

"You do realise we have to get practising as soon as possible. When is the date?" 

"Well it's two months-"

"TWO MONTHS?! Are you kidding me? How are we meant to prepare for something like this in two months?!" I ask, starting to freak out a little bit now. 

"Calm it Ivy, it's not that bad really, when you think about it."

"Urgh. Well we need to cut this little holiday thing short if we want decent tracks for the gig. Two months indeed." 

AN: ooooooooh it's all happening now! they get their big break ... maybe :)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

502 8 78
Harper. Nathan. They are perfect for each other. They have been best friends since they were toddlers. Now they are living separate lives at opposite...
48.6K 281 72
5.1K 80 21
" we'll never be those kids again.. " 2 best friends who used to date, regain feelings.. what happens next??? 𝘈 𝘡𝘈𝘙𝘐2𝘛𝘈𝘊𝘛 𝘗𝘙𝘖𝘋𝘜𝘊𝘛𝘐𝘖...
1.1K 496 29
You don't get to decide who you are going to fall in love with not even who you are going to be with rest of your life. Its the thing they called "De...