Lacking Humanity|Crescent Moon

By NerdyxWitch

[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf who... More

-Author'sNote-
-Important Details-
-Prologue-
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
-New Moon-
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
-Waxing Crescent-
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
-First Quarter-
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
-Waxing Gibbous-
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
-Full Moon-
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
-Waning Gibbous-
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
-Third Quarter-
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
-Waning Crescent-
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Lacking Humanity: Book Two
-Deleted Scenes-
Deleted Scene #1

Chapter Forty-One

2.9K 105 10
By NerdyxWitch

* * *

Having been separated for an accounted three nights, it was truly an eye-opener to Sage that she had slept so soundly with the help of her mate. But then she had looked both at the window, then to the clock in worry.

"Rem...Remmy. Rem." She pointed, and he huffed a small bit before reaching to settle her better. To gain his attention, she settled her small form over his waist and tried to up the situation, but the damn Alpha had planned for that as he gripped at the edge of her hips.

"You awake." She tested, which caused to grin never the less. This Sage was very feisty.

"Hmm. And what are you up to?"
"Look time! Tutor. I'm late." He shook his head and waved it off.
"You're off until Monday munchkin, and then Christmas break." Her shoulders slumped as she hadn't had much of a break from tutoring unless she was battling her heat, the anger following her heat, or the injury following the Rogue attack.

"Homework?"
"Evelyn already dropped everything off yesterday, but she's going to visit her sister in another pack hun. She needs a holiday too." She smiled at the idea, and since her plan for today had suddenly vanished, the she-wolf had decided the best alternative was to reach for the tv remote and position herself on top of him while looking at the television.

"I might have to start hiding the remote."
"No hide remote, that's for pups." He threw his head back and laughed at the fact he had been called out on the tricks he's heard countless parents do if their pups stay in front of the tv too much.

"We didn't get to talk much last night, can you show me?" She shook her head, her chin propping up on his chest to look at him properly. "Why not?"

"Because mate worry too much and I play smart." He took the locks of her hair that were causing her to twitch and placed it behind her hair while also running his hands through her locks to the back of her head. "But I'll worry either way, if I see it or not."

"Luke say I not pig, I know I not pig. I have to eat more to hunt bear." He nodded, it was slightly true as she needed to gain more than just weight to fight the bears but the weight to fill out her figure.

Her bones were still poking out in a few places that he'd prefer there weren't.

"And who called you a pig?"
"Erika." He nodded numbly, and his mate hadn't even called her a Luna to answer the question—Meaning that she wasn't completely ignoring the title.

"I win contest, Laura pack medals."
"We'll hang them up after breakfast, are you hungry?" Her smile widened, and the two decided that they deserve a little breakfast in bed. Where he didn't allow her to even lift up the fork, allowing him to feed her.

Settling his wolf for the rest of the morning in that regard.

He never was much of a cook, but he and Sage usually made by for breakfest. It was just dinner that was always caused them trouble. As Camilla usually provided lunch and Gigi dinner. Or they went out to eat.

As they finally made their way out of the bedroom, this time dressed and ready to head to the packhouse. Remus was sure to grab his mate's tablet as well as the homework as he didn't want her to get bored if she wasn't in the mood to deal with pack politics. And after what she went through with the dozens of presentations he had little doubt he would want to either.

Laura was just leaving after dropping off the notes she gathered from the meeting, it earned her a cheek rub from her Luna and another thankful comment from her Alpha.

"Alpha, Luna...Laura just dropped off all the notes she took from the—" 

"Yeah, we just ran into her downstairs. Now then, who's at the top of the list on wronging my mate?" Eli and Jack laughed.

Which caused Remus to growl, one of which threw Hayes in a loop for surely being humorous as well. "I'm sorry Alpha, but they've been calling all morning with apologies." Remus had widened his eyes as he stormed towards the phone.

Sure enough there were twelve messages waiting for him to hear.
"Moon Valley's my favorite..." Jack cheered, leaning back into his seat as he threw his hands behind his head with a shit-eating grin plastered on his face.

"Good morning Alpha Remus, I was just calling after the misunderstanding that occurred this past Luna's meeting. I'd like to formally apologize on my mate's inability to represent our pack and will be withheld from the following Alpha meetings. I hope we can still conduct our business and remain aligned." Sage huffed, in response, clearly not liking that as it wasn't a 'misunderstanding'.

"Who that?"
"Er...Wade, so I think his mate is Ol—Nope it's Sarah." Sage shook her head. "She not bad bad, she okay. But not nice." Remus hummed and it caused them to list them under the 'semi-neutral' category.

Though he would give them all a hard time regardless, but Hayes couldn't be seen without a smirk on his face.

Especially when he saw Sage be active, even if she was doing her homework. "Erika, Olivia, and Victoria no like. They're rude."
"Think the phrase you're looking for is bitch hun." Jack joked, and Sage frowned. "Bad word."

"Yeah well, sometimes bad words fit the situation." Eli smacked Jack upside the head for such a comment, and she grinned at the idea of how they asked for forgiveness over the entire situation.

And while the four males had been debating on what to do, Sage remained in her seat at the meeting table just a distance away. But the she-wolf had an idea, so she went to work writing on the small paper until Whitepaw's message had caught her attention.

"Hey Remus, Haylee told me what happened—Aside from the email that we all got from the council saying we have to apologize. But I've been against that bullshit Luna meeting since it started, no offense kitten!"

"Jackass." Hayes chuckled in the background.

"That a girl." He beamed, and Sage smiled at the pride that swooned over the room.

"Anywho, if you have any problems with the rest of them. Know that Whitepaw is up to form a stronger bond, I know Haylee and your Luna hit it off pretty well. That's the kind of friendship that should be made, and I saw what your Luna did. Kicked some ass, when she ripped Victoria off her brother and picked her extensions off the ground? I wish I was there!" Nobody had been present, seen, or known the context of what she did. But Jack threw his head back to laugh, which caused Sage to flinch at the abrupt sound.

When she caught Remus' eyes however, there was nothing more than love and admiring. Which caused her to smile, even though she hadn't been all that in-tune with the conversation at hand.

"Yeah, so call or have the Luna's text. It'll be easy to scare most of them into submission Alpha. Alright, talk to you later." That had been Alpha Drake, as Sage identified. But as the new voice started up she continued to write, and cross and rewrite.

Reading it back sounded good, it sounded like the book she was reading. And perhaps her verbal communication was behind her ability to read and write, but that was alright. Especially when she came towards the table of males.

"I don't know how much help I'd be with homework hun." He joked, but never the less took the paper she offered while she waited—Still hopeful as ever.

When Remus realized what it was his eyes beamed up with an enormous amount of pride, one of which couldn't have been contained as he removed himself from his seat and didn't wait for her to be prepared for his embrace.

"What is it?" Jack whispered, and Eli cautiously picked up the piece of paper that their Luna had written on. Her handwriting wasn't awful, but it still had a ways to go.

But the basis of her little speech was good—Really good.

"I think you found yourself a good Luna, son," Hayes added, his eyes continuing to scan through the page that Sage had written up. But Remus' voice broke his attention.
"She found me." It was the truth, Sage had been here for weeks before he had even bothered to give her any attention, and he was prepared to kick out the Elwoods on his stubbornness.

Sage brought out the best of him.

"Type?"
"Yeah hun, I'll type it." She squealed when he picked her up and returned back towards his desk and found himself back in front of the computer and typing rather fast the page she had wrote.

"Think our Luna is going to be an author, or a politician!"
"Think we should send it to Evelyn, she'll be proud of it." Eli lightened Jackson's joke, while Hayes caught Sage glancing his way for a moment before looking away and back to the screen.

"I like write. Have time to think."
"You have all the time in the world to talk hun, what do you think Hayes?" The retired Alpha had chuckled and nodded before coming closer to the Crescent Moon members.

"I think it will pass over very well, especially if it's coming from her," Hayes commented, and she beamed before being given another kiss from her mate. Which she so damningly teased back by his kissing his neck, as it was the only place she could reach.

Watch it Munchkin, or this meeting will get canceled.

She was going to reply had her phone not started to ring, and none of the males were all that surprised that Remus had taken a peek at who it was as she answered the phone call.

"I thought phones are put on silent for the meeting?" Jack teased, which caused Sage to look caught red handed. She knew the rule, but she hadn't a clue how to put it on 'silent' and besides, it was Jade anyway.

"HARLOW I SWEAR TO THE FUCKING GODDESS ABOVE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WAR WITH MOON VALLEY UNTIL WE TALK TO REMUS AND SAGE—Oh hey there darling." Remus indeed appreciated their support, or the fact that Harlow was so quick to go to war over this...Granted, so was he.

"Why you yelling? Why Harlow angry?"
"He's very upset with how everything was handled at the council, Maria was texting me throughout it but I didn't think it was going to be this bad. If I knew hun, I would've strapped my pup and we would've gone together."

"NO, YOU'RE NOT LEAVING THIS PACK!" Sage looked up to see Hayes was still laughing into his hands, yes his kids were indeed a handful. But that's what it means to have a herd of Alpha pups.

"Son, how about you calm down and talk about why you called Sage."

"And how about you explain how the hell you let this happen?!" A threatening growl had sparked as Sage flinched and shuttered away into her mate.
"DON'T FORGET WHO YOU'RE SPEAKING TO PUP, AND BEFORE I HOP ON A PLANE TO FINISH THIS MYSELF. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WAR, IF ANYTHING IT'S REMUS' RIGHT!" Sage had started to shake, her tears prominent as she started to lose all train of thought prior to this outroar.

Didn't Luke and the rest say that Sage responded to Hayes' differently?

Jack had been the one to act first, getting Hayes away from the phone while Remus set the device down and held his little mate tighter. "Sage what's wrong hun?" He heard her rapid heart, and he knew what she needed.

"How about I finish talking to Harlow and Hayes, and you can talk to Jade after a run with Jack?" At the idea of exiting the room, she quickly was helped to her feet before running out of the room, only for Jack to run after her and try to persuade her to go on an easy run, or else he was sure to track around the whole damn territory.

Remus, who did not like one bit of that reaction from his mate, caused him to size himself up against Hayes.

"Explain that." Hayes hadn't even bothered to rightly fight against the Alpha on this, if anything, Eli thought Hayes looked guilty for what happened. And for a second time.

"Sir...I don't think she's used to an Alpha's pull, she's not affected by yours and she wasn't familiar with it when she visited Mystic Grimm." Remus wasn't supposed to feel offended, but he did. Hayes hadn't even taken to sparing with Sage but managed to get such a reaction that her wolf caved in already.

Something isn't right here...

"I want the gym cleared, and tell Eli to bring Sage there...I can't have my mate afraid of you—Of anyone," Hayes smirked, but it was Harlow's howling on the phone and Jade's denial of him flying out to see the fight.

"Don't think we've fought since the day I killed your father."
"I asked you to, don't forget that part. Nobody would've followed me if I hadn't." He growled, and both Eli and the pack's newly appointed Gamma, Shawn, had submitted instantly to the idea.

"And I've told you hundreds of times they would've, your father was starving and abusing this pack to the ground...But if you want to beat my ass to make your mate happy, fine...Lousy pups." Had Jack been here, Eli was sure he would've made the situation a little less tension-crazed.

And even though he wasn't here, that didn't stop him from shouting his confusion off towards Eli privately.

Sage had been confused as to why Jack told them they had to go to the gym, and Leo was even more confused as he had it set up—Only for them to be ordered to make room for an Alpha spar.

So his warriors were off doing laps until it was over, while Luke and Liam watched in the same confused look their sister had. Which Jack was sure to fill them in on.

"Alpha's pissed that Hayes' made Sage submit." Luke didn't want to believe it, but surely that's what happened back on the first day. She submitted without any plausible expiration.

"So he's going to...?" Liam questioned, and Luke sighed with a free hand pinching the brink of his nose.
"Make sure she's not afraid of anything." It hit Liam instantly of how this was going down, but seeing their father talking to Sage caused him to link Leo to get him to try and explain what was happening in just a few minutes.

Or less considering both Alpha's were here.

Leo had taken one look between the reaction Sage had when Hayes looked towards her, and he too couldn't place what made this she-wolf so uncomfortable.

"Sage...I'm going to spar with Hayes. I want you to watch, okay?" She shook her head, her eyes beginning to tear up again while her wolf was just egging on a fight—But the truth of the situation was that she liked Hayes.

But her wolf didn't.

"It won't be long, then you can go finish the run...One spar." She hadn't responded, so he assumed it was as close to an acceptance as he was going to get.

He could feel her trying to suppress the uncomfort feeling she had in Hayes' presence so soon after having escaped the Alpha's office. He sighed, letting his hands run down her arms at the borrowed sweater as her clothes were elsewhere and probably in a tree.

"How about I run with you after? We'll hunt for lunch." A small smile barely graced her face at the idea, she loved to hunt with his wolf. And after they would usually take a small nap beside their kill and rest after such a feast, that she loved.

She just didn't want to get wait for this spar.

"Alpha's and their god damn—" Sage hadn't heard any more of what Leo was saying, but her brothers had been laughing at whatever he had been saying.

"Go and sit with your brothers, five minutes. Not even."

"Getting cocky little Alpha." Sage glared at the man who snuck up on their conversation, her wolf surely did not like that. And it ended in a grunt before she walked away and to her brothers to sit on the bleachers.

This indoor gym was exactly for this purpose, Leo demanded something for the winter months and so they made an indoor building that was used for dozens of things. The schools favored using it as well, so Leo saw it as a win-win.

But right now, this room wasn't big enough to contain how uncomfortable Sage was in seeing her mate and Hayes in the circle. However, Luke took the moment to share that an Alpha fight usually consists of an Alpha challenge, meaning that anyone could challenge an Alpha and gain the title.

Though he was quick to mention that the reason Alpha's were passed down between pups was because it passed along their strong blood and title.

"My pups Alpha pups."
"Not for along time young lady." Leo chimed in, and she huffed to turn back towards Luke. But either were happy that she was angry at their father's comment rather than sad and revert back to the silent Sage who was moring the loss of a would've been pup.

However an Alpha's challenge didn't feature much skin time, in fact it was less because the fight was between their wolves more than skin. It was a chance to challenge the title, and even though Hayes was technically retired, his blood still simmered with pure a Pure Alpha Bloodline.

Luke attempted to watch the fight, but he couldn't. Not when Sage had reverted back to her old ticks, the ones he thought she grew out of.

But instead they were right here once again, she used the sleeves of her sweater as a placement for her hair ties. Her breath picked up with each punch thrown, and he couldn't tell if it was when they were directed at Remus or to Hayes.

Who was Sage rooting for?

When their wolves came out, Sage widened her eyes at the black wolf tackling her mate. She hovered in her seat for a moment before she rose and stormed to the center, Luke had tried to warn Jack and Eli, but it was too late as Sage shifted and tackled Hayes off her mate.

It was too submissive for her tastes.

Sage! That goes against every rule in the—

Remus tried to reprimand her, and Hayes attempted to simply continue his attack on the male. But shoving did not work for this she-wolf, and it angered him further.

Sage had already given her all at the Luna's meeting, having learned multiple packs techniques on fighting, but her wolf had never been this angry.

Not since Alex, not since her eyes had turned red.

And Luke had curled his fists.

Did Hayes do something that they didn't notice before?

"I thought you said she liked Hayes," Leo growled, as he turned protective over his adoptive daughter, no matter if the man was a former Alpha, If he did something then Leo had no problem to—

"He growled and she was...Disturbed by it."
"Do you call that disturbed?!" It was completely out of character for her, and what made matters worse is when Remus tried to stop her, she turned on him.

My fight.

No Munchkin, it isn't. I protect you, not the other way around.

Hayes was still battling confusion, his wolf did not want to fight this she-wolf. It was irritating more than anything, the pain didn't mater. His annoyance was what was drilling in his head, before pinning her so she couldn't move.

All he saw was hate. And that was a very familiar trait he's seen before.

Despite that, he still made the effort in trying to clean her wounds. Which was very out of place for an unmated she-wolf to be licked clean by another male, but it gave his wolf a sudden sense of relief.

Sage, what's wrong?

He called out, and she huffed as his wolf filled her head. She leaned her head back to see Remus sitting there with squinting eyes just waiting for Hayes to mess up.

This was meant to put her at peace, what the fuck aren't you telling me?

Remus, if I knew I would tell you. But I don't, I don't think I've talked to her much after Luke said it was better to stay away. And then the plane ride.

Sage watched her mate sigh, but Hayes had gotten off the she-wolf and she was close to instantly smothered in her mate's salvia. Jack had come over with a blanket and threw it over his Luna before she shifted back into her skin and hugged it closer.

Her wounds that didn't heal were now open once again, which only made Hayes feel worse.

Sage, tell me munchkin, what's wrong? Words, you need to use your words.

She gripped the blanket leaned into her mate's warm fur. "Wolf angry. Wolf very angry."

At what Munchkin, why are you mad? Are you mad at Hayes?

She nodded, her hands going to her head as her eyes began to burn. Her breath was evidence enough that she was trying to calm herself down.

Hayden had cautiously made his return back towards Sage, giving a general warning to Sage as he whined in a sense of surrender. He was speaking directly to her wolf, as the anger was with her inner beast.

Perhaps he disrespected her before? He stopped the Luna's at the meeting and didn't give a chance for her to do it first. Did she want him there when they all were attacking her?
Did she know that he killed Remus' father?

There was a long list of questions, but none of them could've prepared him for the she-wolf to hug while being in fur. She was cautious of her nude and kept the blanket secure around her, but he could feel the tears begin to soak his fur...And his wolf felt her emotions.

They remained there for more than what Remus was comfortable with, his wolf was salivating at the idea of tackling the male. But he was currently taking his mate's tears.

I promise that I never hurt her or her wolf, I've only known her for a few days. If she blames me for the Luna meeting, I'll talk to her.

You weren't at fault for that meeting. It's something else.

And before you kill me and reign my pelt up on the highest flag pipe, comfort your mate.

Remus settled a growl, but what he wasn't settled for was one of the same octave coming from Sage in warning.

"I say sorry."

Luke came over with a handful of clothes, and while Sage had been busy with the help of getting into her sweater. The males had all shifted back to skin and threw on the community shorts here at the gym.

"Next time you want to spar hun, ask...Get into a lot of trouble if you do something like that again."
"I don't want trouble." She huffed back, and Hayes chuckled by patting her on the top of her head. He was indeed taller than her, but she did not like being looked down at.

"Only Remmy pet me." She said, stopping him by the wrist. And of course Liam and Jack had to take it in a sexual manner, which earned a hard glare from Leo.

"I'm sure he does." Remus couldn't hold himself from that comment, and growled to take her into his chest and away from looking at Hayes.

"Before I overstay my welcome, I'll get work on delivering punishments to the packs. Anything in particular? Could send over some warriors to help with the Rogues."
"We're doing just fine, winter's been awful, but it's keeping them away for the most part." Sage had enough politics, and since this had interrupted her run she looked up to her mate.

"I go run now."
"Want me to go with hun? Or Jack?"
"I go myself." She stated, and before she left any room for persuasion, she continued towards the door and sprinted off to finish her laps.

"Why can't I get you two to willingly do laps like your sister?"
"Because—" Leo did not want an explanation, and anything that Liam would've said would have surely upset the Alpha.

But the Alpha was far to surprised by the way Sage had handled that, she didn't ask. She told. And he cracked a wide smirk. "I don't know what that Luna's meeting has done to her...But maybe you were right." He said, glancing towards Luke as it was a silent callback to what he had said after Sage beat his ass when he didn't help her with her heat.

Sage needed a push.

Remus checked in on Sage every half an hour or so, but she had joined a patrol team and decided to tag with them. She was Luna, she could do whatever she pleased, but he felt better that she was with other wolves than by herself.

Remus was just coming home, but just as he was about to enter the home, he heard a rather loud bark that settled him to check out the back yard.

And there his mate was, her tail wagging beside her kill. A male deer that had taken a hard beating.

Mate stuck in meeting, I bring deer. Too big.

He kneed down into the small layer of snow and began to run his hands through her beautiful fur coat. "Thanks Munchkin, do you want to get warmed up inside?"

I miss cold, it is hot in Florida.

Having said that he ripped off his sweater and pants to place it onto the porch before shifting into his wolf, Sage pranced over to him and licked his cheeks.

Almost in an attempt to apologize for today's actions...Was that what this is?

Males are supposed to feed their females.

It was partially his wolf that was telling her the ways of the wolf, but what Remus' wolf wasn't prepared for was how upset it would make her.

Sage's ears had flattened as her tail had ceased its thumping. Her title within the pack was still in finding her place to help where she could.

He growled as his words brought her down, his wolf regretted it. But there was a part of him that wanted to teach her. Sage began to pull away and was going to go into the house, or she would've if he hadn't tackled her.

Munchkin, it's the way of wolves. Males take care and feed their females.

But I like hunt. I don't finish food.

I know hun, but it's not normal to—

The pain instantly struck her as her wolf whined and broke into further pieces right before him, the multiple rejections were taking a toll on either wolf, and so she wiggled out of his hold and huffed.

I a freak. Olivia right.

She said, ignoring the house before darting back into the woods. Looking back at the deer he huffed at himself in aggravation, he couldn't just take the gift, could he?
He just had to correct her, and now she was emotionally on the run—Again.

Remus had thrown his head back and howled as his attempt to get into her mind had been blocked. Sage heard her Alpha's call in apology, and although she felt the need to do the same...Her wolf snarled at the idea.

He leave us.

He don't mean to.

He doesn't take gift.

He don't like gift?

Sage's wolf was still in distress at Hayes' present on pack grounds, and instead she found herself to one of the first trails she had taken when arriving to the pack.

The smell had a strong imprint of her siblings, and so she continued on the familiar trial, finding the frozen lake not being able to provide her with any water, she turned to some snow to the side and munched on it. Licking her lips to turn into the direction to see who had come around, and she huffed at the idea of being followed.

He don't trust us.

Scared to lose us. Protect us.

From what? Could have pup like Jade.

I not ready for pup, we not ready for pup.

Not ready because mate won't mate. Take new strong male.

Sage snapped at the voice booming in her head, her wolf was damned for considering the option of finding another male to mate with. Aggravated with both her mate and wolf did she find the curved side of a mountain, sniffing around did she realize that a number of pack members use it during the night if they need a quick rest while patrolling the early shifts.

But tonight she would stay in it, shaking off her fur from the snow she collected. Stepping into the cave she shivered as the wind outside was brutal. It wasn't a surprise, her fur coat was still getting used to the harsh elements that seasons bring. And they were just in the nick of it all, but with the wind blocked she was able to curl up and find a bit of rest—While Remus waited outside the house, hoping for her to return.

Jack, what's the time?

Sorry Alpha, I'm out training. Last time I checked it was like eight? Why?

Sage hasn't come back yet...

Fear rallied through his Delta, and Remus quickly explained what happened, which Jack hadn't been surprised that his Alpha said something wrong.

From wolf to wolf Alpha, I know she's happy to be back. But remember what Hayes said? She was a Luna in Florida.

Are you saying I don't let her act like a Luna here?

Yes. I am. And if you want to bite my ass later sure fine, but you telling it's a males' job to do something—When clearly she just wants to prove her worth is getting degrading Alpha. Let the poor girl do something.

Remus had angered his Delta, and it was surely a relay of judgment, but this was good. Someone had finally angered his wolf enough to remove himself from his resting place and decided to follow her trail.

It was faint, but it was enough to go off of. With the aid of an Alpha's nose, and her scent being made for him by the goddess herself, he set off in one direction and found himself directed to a cave.

You sent her to sleep in a cave.

Female needs to—

That female is about five seconds from rejecting us again. Now either you act like a puppy to earn her back, or we're going home and she'll hate us more. And there will be no mating or pups or anything if she leaves to stay in Mystic Grimm.

His wolf growled in his mind and crept forward to the opening of the cave. He was welcomed by the burst of her beautiful scent, but it was combined with the saltness of tears. And his once angered wolf suddenly whined to see the effect he's had.

We're supposed to teach her, not ridicule her.

Teach this way she'll listen.

Like we listened to father?

That silenced his wolf counterpart as he continued to come closer to her black wolf, her ear twitched but she hadn't made much more of a movement.

Meaning they royally messed up.

Sage? Munchkin I'm sorry.

You sorry a lot.

Yeah I know hun, but nobody really gave either of us a book on how to be mates. We're still learning yeah? We wouldn't do math problems if we didn't know the formula right?

Sage had been silent for a moment before raising her head to look him, her eyes glossy and her fur still moist.

But you no learn if you no try. Wolf mad.

Yeah, I'm mad at my wolf too hun, he's not used to a she-wolf taking care of him. But you're not just a she-wolf, you're our mate and Alpha-Female, our Luna. So we're not the normal couple either.

I not Kelly.

No you're not Kelly, and you're not a freak either. We're both not normal Sage, there aren't many full Alpha males anymore. Do you know what that means?

Wolf gets big angry.

Remus couldn't control his wolf, no part of either of them wanted her to be afraid of him. And so he laid down on his stomach and crawled the rest of the way towards her before nudging at her feet.

Mate need not be scared of me.

Sage's eyes had turned to saucers, it wasn't often that their wolves would out to converse. But seeing as how either of their fur parts had taken the hit, they needed to fix it in fur as well.

Wolf?

Mate afraid of me?

Mate can't accept gift, no trust. Leave.

Remus watched as Sage pawed at her nose, almost as she threw her own distaste of the situation in there with them. This conversation didn't need four voices, so he licked her paw and stared directly into her eyes.

I do trust you munchkin, we trust the same people. I'm sorry.

How I know you trust me?

You took a run by yourself today, and hunted. My wolf is old fashion and protective of you Sage.

No trust.

Not with your first few months here, no. Not with the Rogue sightings. Deltas take care of Luna if the Alpha isn't there.

Sage's wolf remained silent, it seemed like the inner beast had graveled and finally fell in agreement to it all. And Remus settled the situation as he draped himself over her, sharing their warmth with one another as they remained in the cave.

______

Date: 12-20-2020

Time: 8:20

Words: 5748

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 88.9K 55
Carrie's pack life was going perfectly. Chosen mate to the alpha, acting luna to her pack, and in love with her fiancΓ©, she had nothing to complain a...
44.9K 2.2K 50
[COMPLETED] BOOK THREE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * Sage has discovered a few of the deepest secrets hidden in the supernatural world, but sh...
805K 34.4K 54
**In the process of being edited** Some wolves are born rogues but still maintain their human side while others are made into rogues, they lose all h...
2.8M 75.5K 73
Family problems were something Sasha had become accustomed to. An Alpha werewolf mate was something she was definitely not accustomed to. Sasha is a...