The Boy Across The Street

By booksandjess

"You can't catch me!" I shouted and started running. He chased after me and soon enough he caught me. Suddenl... More

Author's note
Cast
Chapter 1: Get Your Own Boyfriend
Chapter 2: You Chose Drama Over Lunch
Chapter 3: Headaches are Bad Luck
Chapter 4: His Love for Pizza
Chapter 5: Hey Latecomer
Chapter 6: 'The Epitome of Wisdom'
Chapter 7: Why Do Timetables Have To Be Alterable?!
Chapter 8: All Because of French Fries
Chapter 9:Watch Out For That...Bike?!
Chapter 10: Waterbender
Chapter 11: Who's Having a Bad Day?
Chapter 12: Bad Boy Doesn't Like Frogs
Chapter 13: Seventy Percent
Chapter 14: People Pleaser
Chapter 15: What Did I Ever Do To You?
Chapter 16: There's a First Time for Everything
Chapter 17: Kayra and Vodka? Not a Good Idea
Chapter 18: Damsel in Distress
Chapter 19: Bombshell
Chapter 20: Dinner at the Bradshaws'
Chapter 21: He Plays Basketball?!
Chapter 22: Study Date
Chapter 23:When It Rains,It Pours
Chapter 24: Protector
Chapter 25: Netflix and Chill
Chapter 26: Baby??
Chapter 27: He Doesn't Deserve Your Tears
Chapter 28: Goodbye Gale
Chapter 29: I Gave In To His Eyes
Chapter 31: The Beach
Chapter 32: Are You Two Together?
Chapter 33: He Was Ranting So I Kissed Him
Chapter 34: Mrs Bradshaw
Chapter 35: My Girlfriend
Chapter 36: Third Party
Chapter 37: Fifty Shades of White
Chapter 38:Hurt Her and You're Food for the Sharks
Chapter 39: Wanna Cuddle?
Chapter 40: You Talk In Your Sleep
Chapter 41: Beautiful Disaster
Chapter 42: Tell Me What?
Chapter 43: Lucas
Chapter 44: Homecoming
Chapter 45: Stay Strong For Her
Chapter 46: Dear Mother
Chapter 47: Happy Birthday Kayra
Chapter 48 : As Beautiful as a Diamond
Chapter 49: True Happiness
Author's Note

Chapter 30: Who's Going on a Date?

2.6K 80 27
By booksandjess

Picture of Kayra's outfit above:-)

****

After dropping Stephanie home,I went home myself. When I told her about Kingsley,she was as excited as a four year old going to the water park even though I told her I don't like him. The truth is I think I'm beginning to like Jayson but I'm not sure because we barely speak to each other unless we have to so how can I like him? I haven't told Stephanie yet,I mean,I don't even know if I really like the guy or not. And I'm hundred percent sure he's not going to like me back even if I did.

This is so weird

I rested for half an hour before I went over to Jayson's house. I met his mom and she offered me a snack but I respectfully declined. She really likes me. Well,who wouldn't? As compared to other teenagers,I am an angel,or I think I am.

While we were working on the project, Jayson was behaving a little strange. I mean he was contributing,but it was almost like the first time we met at the library. He was helping in a cold way but I couldn't ask him why because,you know,we're not friends yet. When we ended after about an hour or so,I said goodbye to his mom and he walked me to the door because his mother insisted and gave me a curt nod as a form of saying goodbye.

My mom came home a while later and we both had supper. Dad was still at work,he works a lot these days. He goes really early and comes back late and I know from the bags I see under his eyes when I manage to catch him before he leaves in the morning that he's not getting much sleep.

Poor Dad

Mom and I were having dinner in silence when the doorbell rang. Who would come to our house at this time?

I was about to go see who was at the front door but my mom beat me to it.

"Have your food,I'll get it." I smiled and sat back down.

"Good evening Mrs Summers",I heard someone say.

Wait a minute,I know who that is. What is he doing here?!

I hurriedly went to the front door where I heard him saying, "My name is Kingsley and I'm Kayra's friend." Then he extended his hand for a handshake.

My mom appeared as confused as I was but she shook his hand.

I glared at him but he just smiled.

"Mrs Summers,I would like to take your daughter on a date if that's alright with you." He stated and added,"Please."

My jaw was probably on the floor right now. Why would he do this? I told him I would ask my parents myself!

"Um, I'm sorry Kingsley but Kayra has been punished. You can't take her on a date."

"I understand. I just wanted to get your permission first."

"Oh that's very nice of you",she paused for a minute. "On second thought,I think you're a nice boy,very polite and responsible too so I wouldn't mind you taking her out just this once."

Wait,what's happening?

"Thank you so much Mrs Summers. I promise not to do anything reckless and I'll take care of your daughter."

What the fuck is happening? This looks like something out of a proposal scene where the boy asks for his girl's hand in marriage from her parents.

"Good. When are you taking her?"

"Tomorrow"

"Okay. I will tell Kayra the time she's supposed to be home and she'll let you know."

"No problem. It was nice meeting you Mrs Summers. I will take my leave now"

"It was nice meeting you too Kingsley. Good night",then she smiled at him and closed the front door.

Can someone tell me please, what the hell just happened?!

When we got back to the dining table,my mom was grinning at me and it made me uncomfortable.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a date?"

"Mom, I didn't have a date. I told him I was grounded."

"Well,you do now. He seems like a nice boy."

"Mom"

"What?"

"Nothing, are you done?" I pointed to her plate and she nodded. I set her plate on mine and took them to the kitchen to do the dishes.

When I was done,I said goodnight to her and retired to my room. My phone lit up with a text. It was from no other than Kingsley.

Hey Kayra
I'll pick you up at 9 tomorrow. We're going to the beach so don't forget to take your swimsuit;-)
Good night 😘

The beach. That's cool

And did he wink? I've never thought of myself going on a date with Kingsley but it's happening.

I'm going on a date!!

******

It's 8:15am and I just finished having my bath,meaning I have 45 minutes or less to get ready. I dried my hair with my towel,applied my hair conditioner and curl definer on it and made it look presentable. I had already picked out my outfit,a loose top with jeans shorts. After wearing it,I applied just mascara because if I was going to be swimming,there was no need to put on makeup. When I was sure I was satisfied with my look,I grabbed a tote bag and put in there my towel,my zebra print swimsuit,some  sunscreen,my body lotion,a tube of lipgloss,a face towel,my hat,a pair of sunglasses,a bottle of water and an extra top. By the time I was ready,I had fifteen minutes left for breakfast.

My mom had gone to work but my father was around. My mom said she would tell him about my date so I'm pretty sure he's aware.

"Good morning Daddy",I greeted.

"How are you Kay?"

"I'm good. And you?"

"I'm alright. Where are you going? Aren't you supposed to be grounded?"

"Oh I thought Mom told you I had.....a date"

He paused for a while,as if he was trying to remember. "Oh yeah,she did. Do I know him?"

"No,I don't think so"

"Then I would like to meet him before you leave."

"Sure Dad"

He smiled and I turned to the kitchen to make myself some oats.

I ate really fast because Kingsley was supposed to be at my house in barely five minutes. I received a text from him when I was almost done saying he was on his way. So I quickly washed my bowl and dried my hands. I was drinking water when the doorbell rang

He's here

I opened the door and he pecked my cheek

"Good morning",I greeted

"Good morning",he smiled and checked me out. "You look nice"

"Thanks. You look good too"

"Of course I do"

I rolled my eyes playfully and he grinned.

"Come in,my father wants to meet you."

"Your father?"

"Yes"

"Okay sure"

"Good morning Mr Summers",he greeted my dad who was in the living room.

"Good morning. And you are?"

"I'm Kingsley. Kayra's..... friend."

"Okay,I was informed that you are taking my daughter on a date."

"That's correct sir"

At this point,I was really tensed even though I wasn't the one being interrogated. I wonder what must be going through Kingsley's mind.

"And you're aware that she's under punishment."

"Yes sir"

"So you're supposed to bring her back home early."

"I'll be sure to bring her back before you even remember she's not at home."

"Good. In that case,the two of you have fun." Then he smiled and I released a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I looked at Kingsley and he was relaxed,acting normal as if he's used to meeting girls' fathers.

"See you later Dad",I  grabbed the tote bag and dragged Kingsley out of the house before my father changed his mind.

"2pm!" He shouted just before we left and I groaned.

How much fun will I have if I'm supposed to be back home by 2pm?

******

Picture of Kingsley's outfit below

Thanks for reading

Don't forget to vote:-)

-Jess💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 2.5K 45
Meet Sophia Williams, a typical good girl with good grades, good looks, and good at almost everything. A girl who hides so many secrets behind that s...
568K 23.9K 51
I was doing just fine my junior year of high school. I mean I did pick fights once in a while and my grades weren't the best, but I was doing okay. X...
174K 6.2K 56
Kaleb Knightly, Briarwood High School's own bad boy. But he's not your typical 'bad boy.' He makes straight A's, he doesn't sleep around, and he care...
182K 6.3K 41
Summary It must sound very cliché but this is my story, the story of a nerd ( aka me, Emma) and how my life turned upside down In A mere couple of m...