The English Boy

By iamsammyyy

Filipina-English self-proclaimed tomboy, Joe McCarthy moves to Ilkley, West Yorkshire, England and starts adj... More

The English Boy
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Lost in Yorkshire
Playlist

Chapter 23

851 20 0
By iamsammyyy

I set my alarm clock at around 4:00 in the morning so that I could have enough time to prepare to go back to school and after what happened yesterday, I wanted to make my dad some breakfast to show him how sorry I am.

So, I went straight downstairs to the Kitchen and prepared some eggs, milk, butter and other stuff because I was going to make him some egg omelet, which is my specialty.

Later on, somebody was knocking on the backdoor...

I was too busy with the egg omelet so, I couldn't really move...

"Door's open!" I yelled

The door opened a few seconds later, and somebody I do not like to see just entered the house...Gosh! I am so mad at him right now!

He approached me and watched as I made the omelet, and then he turned to me...

"You're home! What a miracle!" is he teasing me!?

I put the ingredients slowly on the countertop, and then I slapped him.

"Kapal mo!" I cracked, in Filipino "Ang lakas ng loob mong magpakita dito! Lumayas ka!"

"What?!" He asked. Obviously, he was confused since he didn't understand a word of what I just said "Could you repeat those?!"

"Ohh, so now you're serious?! You really want me to say it again?!" I replied

"Yeah! And, in English, if you don't mind"

I rolled my eyes

"You are so thick, Callum! After all the things you have done to Luke, do you really think you're still welcome here?! Get out of here!" I said

"Have you forgotten I was the one here, taking good care of him while you were dating Luke! For instance, you should be thankful!" he said

"He's my dad! You're nothing but a clingy coward to him! Don't be bitter!"

"I'm sure you are not aware, but he likes me better than you! He treated me like his own son since I was little, meanwhile, he had forgotten all about you!"

"Now I couldn't decide whether you're insensitive or just stupid! If he had forgotten about me, why did he come back for me!? Why are you even trying to ruin my life!?"

"Who said something about ruining your life!?"

"If you are not ruining my life, then what are you trying to do with me? I'm in a damned situation right now because of your infidelity! Now, I'm gonna ask again! What are you trying to do with me!?"

He bit his lip and shrugged.

"Nothing" he said

"See? You're just a coward!" I said

Dad came downstairs afterwards wearing a bath robe and bedroom slippers.

"What's all the yelling about?" he asked "Were you two fighting?"

Callum and I looked at each other and then looked away.

"Are you feeling better, Steve?" Callum asked. I should be the one asking my dad that question.

"Are you both ready to go back to school?" dad asked

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Tell me when you both are ready, and I will ask Ben to take you both there" dad said

"Wait! Callum and I are riding the limo to school?" I asked

"Yeah" he said

"No way!" I said

"What's wrong?" dad asked

"Mom bought the limo and the driver for me, not for him!" I turned to Callum

"Joe!" dad said "What do you have against him?"

"A lot!" I said

"Yeah! What do you have againts me?" Callum asked....try the other way around!

I turned to Callum again "Ikaw! Naging prefect ka lang, ang yabang-yabang mo na!"

"Joe!" dad said

"What did you say this time?!" Callum said

"Callum, please-" dad said

"You changed after being prefect! You became boastful after being prefect! Enjoy while it lasts because I'm telling you it's not gonna last long! I will do something about it!"

"Johanna, enough!"

Ben went inside the house afterwards, carrying a corrugated box.

"What's that, Ben?" dad asked

"From Joe's mum" Ben said "It's a bit late though. It takes a little while for mail to get here"

I approached Ben and took the box from him

"Ben, how about taking a time-off?" I said

"What?" he said

"C'mon! I insist! Take a short break and I'll just call you when I need you, okay?" I said

"Are you sure?" he asked

"Yeah, Joe, are you sure?" Dad asked, then I turned to him

"Dad, give Ben a break" I said

***

Obviously, since I gave Ben a time off, he's not driving me (and Callum) to school. It's dad driving us to school.

Actually, I gave Ben a time off because first, I wanted to and second, I wanted to punish dad for taking Callum's side all the time! He should take my side because I'm his daughter. I know he's angry when I told him that there is something going on between Luke and I, but isn't being honest what he wanted from me? He wanted me to tell him the truth, and I did! There's nothing to be mad about!

Speaking of daughter, I haven't opened mom's package yet. I was planning to open it in school because dad has nothing to do with the things I asked from mom, and that goes for Callum as well.

"Dad?" I spoke up from the backseat

"Yes?" he said

"Can we pass by Mackinnon's Cupcakes?" I asked

"Why?" he asked

"Because I want a cupcake!" I yelled

"Now you're acting like a child. We're almost at Grace Randolph" he said

"I don't care! I want a cupcake!"

"Is that how you get your mother to spoil you? By yelling?"

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!! Daaaaaaaaaad!!!!!!" I yelled

"Ughh!" Callum covered his ears "Uncle Steve? Please?!"

Dad agreed, as long as I shut up, and I did. Mackinnon opens at 7am so, yeah.

Dad insisted Callum to come with me inside the shop while I order. He even insisted me to get a cupcake for Callum as well and to prove dad that I love him, I did buy one for Callum! It's just that, he didn't like what I ordered. Technically, my order was his order as well. So, I used that as an advantage to mess with him...

"What flavor do you want?" I asked him

"Whatever you'll get" he said

"You sure?" I raised my eyebrow

"Yeah" he said

Okay then....

"Two Banana Cream Cupcakes, please" I said to the guy taking the order.

"What? Banana Cream?" Callum asked

"Why? Is there a problem?" I turned to him "I asked you what flavor you want, and you said you'll get whatever I get"

He rolled his eyes.

"I hate Banana Cream" he said

"Why?" I asked

"Reminds me of somebody I hate" he said....which is Luke, and I just smirked deep inside because I knew I was annoying him "So, do you still want the cupcake or not?" I asked

"Forget it" he went out of the shop and into the car afterwards.

"Here you go" the staff handed me the boxes of cupcakes. Well, I guess they're both mine if Callum doesn't want it.

"Ohh, and, do I get a discount if I say I'm Stefan's friend?" I asked the staff on the counter.

***

"Where's Callum's cupcake?" Dad asked when I entered the car

"He said he'll get whatever I get and he said he didn't like the flavor so, he doesn't get anything" I said

"I hate Banana Cream" Callum said

"Well then shut up! I know now!" I said

We arrived in school a bit early, and the buses weren't there yet. Headmaster Lovett was waiting outside with Isaiah. When we arrived, I immediately got off the car, grabbed mom's package and tried bringing it inside. Isaiah helped me carry it inside. It's not that heavy anyways since I didn't really ask anything from my mom.

"Hey!!!" Helena popped out behind Isaiah and I "Heard you went to Knaresborough with Luke yesterday for your one week anniversary-"

"Weeksary!" I said

"How was it?" she asked

"Ended up bad" I said

"Why? What happened?" she asked

"Can you just open the door?" I said when we were standing in front of the dorm room

"Sure" she said, and she opened the door, and then Isaiah and I brought it inside

"Who's is that?" Helena asked

"Mine. Philippine package" I said, while observing the box "Do you have scissors?"

"Yeah" Helena went to her desk to grab some scissors and handed them to me.

I started removing all those tapes off the box and immediately opened it.

So, there were new clothes from Forever 21, Cotton On and HnM. I also found BB Cream (which I threw away because I don't really like using it anymore), some scented candles and some other stuff.

"You are so lucky" Helena said, looking at my new clothes "My clothes just come from yard sales"

I turned to Helena and realized that she's really different. She's always satisfied with anything, meanwhile, I always ask from my mom.

"Helena?" I said

"Yeah?"

"Just keep those" I said

"What?" She turned to the outfits, and then she turned back to me "But you asked these from your mum"

"I wanted those, but I don't need it" I said

"You sure?" she asked

"You won't get to keep it if you say another word" I said, because she was getting on my nerve. I already said she could have it.

Helena sucked in her lips and headed to her side of the room, holding the clothes I just gave her. She sat on her bed and thanked me.

"You're Welcome" I said, and I smiled at her.

I was still looking through the box when she stood up and looked through her trunk and gave me some clothes.

"What are these?" I asked

"Clothes" she said "Those are my best. They're the ones I got from Yard Sales"

"It's okay, you don't have to-"

"No, I wanted to" she said

I turned to the clothes and saw how not bad they look. They don't look like they came from Yard Sales. They actually look way much better than the fancy clothes I always buy with my mom back home.

"Thankyou" I said "They're absolutely beautiful"

"Scented candles, huhh?" Isaiah said, as he grabbed some scented candles in jars inside the box

"That's weird! My mom never trusted me with real candles. I almost burned our house down the first time I lit a candle in my room" I said, holding one of the candles

"It's probably okay for her if you lit one here in school and burn it down" Helena said

"Chocolate!!!" Isaiah grabbed some Choc-Nut (a Philippine-branded chocolate) inside the box

"Lovett, get out!" Helena said

"Wait!I I want some chocolates" Isaiah said, as Helena tried to pull him out of the room, which was hilarious!

"Helena, wait!" I said, and then I grabbed 4 boxes of Pretzels and some Choc-Nuts and shoved them to Isaiah "Share, okay?" I said, and then I helped Helena push Isaiah out of the room. Afterwards, Helena looked at me in confusal.

"How could you possibly give him all of the chocolates you have?" she asked

"Relax! I didn't give him everything, I have more. A lot, actually" I grabbed some Goya Milk Chocolate Bars and and handed them to her "One of the Philippines' popular chocolates"

"Joe!" Chantel and the girls barged in...

"What?" I said

"You're back so soon" Helena said

Cassy raised a Pretzel box.

"Isaiah gave us some! You've got to have more of these!!!" Cassy said

"They're really good!!!" Jade said, taking a bite of Pretzel Chocolate stick

"Oh My God!" Chantel approached Helena's bed and held the clothes I gave Helena "Forever 21? You gave these to Helena?"

I turned to Helena, and then she approached Chantel.

"Here" Helena handed Chantel a blouse "You can have it"

"What's it for?" Chantel asked

"An apology for my actions a few weeks ago" Helena said

"Helena, no" Chantel handed the white blouse back t o Helena "Apology is for free. Now, I'm sure Joe gave these to you. You don't give away something that was freely given to you"

"That explains why Callum Samuels doesn't want to give back the Prefect position to Luke" Lily said

"Lily, be careful with the name! Joe's hearing all of this" Cassy said

"So now you think I'm on Callum's side!? You have no idea! I got so damn pissed at him this morning!" I said, bringing more stuff out of the box angrily.

"Why? What happened this morning?" Lily asked

"Trying to get cute with my dad, pretending to be his son! Gago! Pasumbong-sumbong pa kahapon! Ulol yung gagong yun!"

"What?" Jade asked. I turned to the girls, and they looked confused.

I sighed.

"Yesterday-"

"Luke took you to Knaresborough yesterday and did some boat-rowing" Helena said

"Aww! It was your 1-Week Anniversary!!!" Cassy said

"Weeksary" Helena corrected

"Week-what?" Cassy asked

"Forget it!" I said, and I turned away from the girls and went to Helena's side of the room "Luke and I, well mosly Luke, almost got in trouble yesterday because of Callum's allegiations, jealousy and infidelity! No wonder why that girl he tried asking out in the post-Halloween dance a few weeks ago rejected him and did not show up! She probably knew that Callum was nothing but a boastful, detrimental jerk all along! Gosh! I feel sorry for whoever that girl is! Good thing she rejected him, and now I see why she rejected him! Callum doesn't need answers about that anymore! He should figure those out on his own! I felt sorry for Callum when I was consoling him after the dance because he said the girl never showed up, and I told Callum to forget about her because she's not worth it! Well, I take those back! The girl is worth it, Callum is not! And I think he's just jealous because he doesn't have a dad, I'm the long-lost daughter of his dream dad! He has a mom, but his mom doesn't raise him well enough! My dad was the one who raised Callum because his mother doesn't care about anything, but, he's like turning 18 now! He's responsible enough! And just because his daughter now lives with him, doesn't mean he has to ruin my life! You know, he was way okay back then, when I just arrived here in the United Kingdom from the beautiful, tropical island called the Philippines! But ever since Headmaster Lovett announced on my birthday that he is replacing Luke with Callum as Grace Randolph's prefect, he became boastful and he thinks he could rule the whole school that he even had the urge to ruin my weeksary by stalking Luke and I to the Riverside Cafe at Knaresborough! I know! You girls are probably wondering how the hell can I tell! I saw his car parked in the cafe, and when I still liked him and when I was still doing great with him, he took me all around Ilkley, and I know how his pick-up looks like, but I wasn't so sure with the license plate, but it looked exactly like his! And then when Luke and I returned to school from Knaresborough, my dad and my driver were there, and then Headmaster whispered to Callum "Well Done"! They probably thought I didn't hear that! Well, here's the thing! I AM NOT FLIPPIN' DEAF! And even if I didn't hear any of those, I would still know he followed us there because it was too obvious! I guess my point is he was brainwashed my an evil force! April McDormand, for instance-"

"Joe!" somebody yelled from outside...Mr. Evans? And, the door is left opened. Where are the girls? "Who are you talking to?" he asked

I looked around, and there was no sign of the girls. Did they just leave me while I was ranting about Callum? But, how come I didn't hear the door opened or them, stepping out of the room? Okay, I must be crazy!

***

"There's just something odd about Callum" I told the guys while we were eating lunch all together at the Dining Hall.

"You know, it was really hilarious! You should've been there!!! She was ranting about him earlier today-" Helena was laughing

"And then we left her in the room, she didn't even notice!!!" Lily said, eating Choco Mallows (one of the chocolates from mom's package)

"One more word and I'll take back all those chocolates from each and every one of you!" I said

"And then Mr. Evans like, Oh My God-"

"Lily, enough!" I said

"Alright! Alright!" Lily said "Here! Have some, to calm you down" she shoved a Choco Mallow in my mouth. I grabbed Stefan's empty plate and spitted the Choco Mallow out on the plate.

"Hey, umm, guys...speaking of Callum?" Mark said, staring at something nearby and we all turned to the direction where he was staring at...

So, this is what everything is about!? Callum and April talking to each other? When did Callum even start hanging out with April?

"April's probably the girl Callum tried asking out in the post-Halloween dance a few weeks ago"

"I don't think so" Helena said

"Impossible" Lily said

"Yeah! He's not that close with April" Jade said

"Not that close? If they're not, then could you briefly explain this picture to me?" I said

"It is rude to stare" Luke came out of nowhere and sat with us.

"You missed a lot!" Cassius said

"No, I only missed my girl" Luke said, and he turned to me, and then I felt myself blushing.

"Really, who?" Cassy asked, and then Jade pulled one of her pigtails

"Oww!" Cassy said

"Joe!" Callum called nearby, but I didn't dare to look "Joe!" he called again, this time, I felt him getting nearer...

"AMPOTA!" I yelled, because I had enough. I stood up, turned to him and when I saw his face (an adorable face, but the owner of that adorable face has an abominable personality), I slapped him. Everybody in the Dining Hall turned to us.

"That's the second slap of the day!" he said

"I know!" I said

"Why'd you do it then!?"

"Well, your face deserved it anyway!"

"Well, now you deserve an offense!!!"

"I don't care! Fine! Put me on your stupid offense list, do your job, be the best prefect Grace Randolph's ever had!"

"Joe! Enough!" Luke tried to pull me away from him, but then I shooked him off of me

"Luke, sit down!" I said to him

"Joe-" he said

"Sit down!" I said once again "I said Sit!" and then he sat down.

I turned to everybody else who were staring

"What the hell are you all staring at!?" I yelled, and then everybody else turned away from us and went back to their business: eating and talking to each other. It was noisy inside the Dining Hall again.

Afterwards, I turned back to Callum.

"What?" I said

"Uncle Steve said you-"

"Ohh now you're calling him 'Uncle' now?! Shouldn't you be calling him 'dad' since you were boastfully reminding me just this morning that he treated you like his own son those years when I didn't "exist" yet, and when your mother wasn't raising you well enough?!" I said

"Hey! I never said any of those!" he said

"Stop denying!"

"Anyways, he said you have some chocolates from the Philippines-"

"Yeah! I do!"

"He told me to tell you to give me a share" he said...why am I going to share my chocolates with him

"No!" I said

"Why not?"

"It's like giving away something that was freely given to you" I said

"Wait- hang on! I said that"

"Yeah! How does it feel like? Your own words being rubbed into your face by somebody else?! It hurts, doesn't it?!So...no!" I said, and then I started walking away, but the he pulled me back.

"Joe!" He said

"Fine!" I shooked his hand off of me and grabbed Stefan's plate, where I spitted the Choco Mallow out earlier and then I gave it to him with a smile.

"Enjoy!!!" I said, and then I walked away

"You're disgusting!" He said

"And you're a jerk, which is just as pathetic!" I replied

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 11.2K 111
《Book 1》 A school where all countries could be one. A school that teach you peace and prosperity. A school that gave them the illusion of a normal li...
2.1K 7 54
High school girl from Kansas named Jess meets Colby and he asked her to move to L.A. and some shit happens in L.A. that will question there relations...
7.1K 667 7
What makes College, College? Getting a B minus on an essay you worked your ass for? Check. Not getting an extra shot of espresso along with your latt...
191 21 20
A young teenager from the United States is drawn to England to visit his brother. There, he finds something that he will keep with him for the rest o...