Cliché

By lauren_b05

Harry Potter has always hated Draco Malfoy, and all of Hogwarts knows that, but what happens when Harry start... More

chapter 1: Wecome Home
chapter 2: Stalker
chapter 3: Stuck Together
chapter 4: Klutz
chapter 5: 'The Game'
chapter 6: Just That Not Into You
chapter 7: Sweet Poetry
chapter 8: Mistake
chapter 9: Catch Me If I Fall
chapter 10: Rumor
chapter 11: F-Fuck
chapter 12: Broken Whispers
chapter 13: Vibrations
Chapter 14: Undecided
chapter 15: Perfect
chapter 16: Out
chapter 17: Aftermath
chapter 19: Brilliant
chapter 20: The Cycle
chapter 21: Nearly
chapter 22: Repeat After Pansy
chapter 23: Phases
chapter 24: Charades
chapter 25: Softly
chapter 26: Brighter
Chapter 27: Quiet
Chapter 28: Promise Me
Chapter 29: Misinterpreted
Chapter 30: Goodbye
Chapter 31: Closure

chapter 18: Constellations

336 13 0
By lauren_b05

It was ten forty-five and Harry was nowhere in sight. Draco had been waiting up in the Astronomy Tower since ten, when it struck him. The Gryffindor might not even be coming! Maybe he was being stood up.

"I can't believe I fell for it." Draco mumbled under his breath. It was a pipe dream, thinking that Harry would actually meet him.

Draco sighed, and decided to just stay up in the Tower and watch the stars. He laid down on the dusty floor, and tucked his hands behind his head.

As he gazed up at the beautiful skies, he heard a tentative voice behind him, "M-Mind if I join you?"

Draco sat up, snapping his head up to the figure in the shadows, "W-What?"

Harry emerged from the dark and seemed to light up the room. Decked in an outfit Draco had never seen before, Harry looked absolutely beautiful.

"I didn't think you'd actually show up." The blonde whispered, slowly standing from the ground.

"O-Of course I d-did." The raven-haired boy replied, shifting almost uncomfortably.

"You look..." Draco didn't know which word to use. Perfect? Beautiful? Gorgeous? Amazing? Adorable? "You look different."

"Oh."

"A good kind of different! Like you look like... you..." Draco was embarrassed at himself, but in complete awe of the boy in front of him.

"S-Sorry I'm late. Colin was in the Common Room, and I didn't want him to see me."

"Of course not. Seeing another chap... that's scandalous, Potter. Absolutely scandalous. Not excessively smart."

A blush formed upon his former enemies face, "Shove off."

Draco took a breath and that was probably the stupidest thing he could have done. When he inhaled, he smelled something. Potter smelled like peppermint, "Are you wearing perfume?"

Harry's face heat up even more- if that was even possible, "I..." He looked down, "Y-Yeah.."

Draco resisted the urge to say something socially awkward like, 'You smell good.'

"I wanted to thank you for the gift box. It's really amazing." The smaller boy whispered.

"I'm glad you liked it. I was hoping it... wouldn't be too much."

"Thanks to that, I was able to fully come out to Hermione and Ron."

"That's incredible."

Neither boy really knew what to say. What were you supposed to say?

"What did you tell Pansy and Blaise? About tonight?" Harry asked, almost not wanting to know the answer, himself.

"I told them I was coming to meet you." Draco smiled, softly.

Harry swayed slightly as he clutched his sleeves with his clammy hands, "I thought y-you'd make an excuse."

"I'm offended. I'm not that much of a prick. At least I hope not."

Harry giggled. Draco always knew how to lighten the mood with humor.

"Care to watch the stars with me?" Malfoy asked, nodding toward the balcony while maintaining eye contact.

He nodded slowly, "I'd love to."

The two laid back on the floor and gazed up into the open sky. It was peaceful and quiet as the two got comfortable.

"Why did you show up?" Draco asked, turning his head slightly to look at Harry.

"I was going to ask you the same question..." Potter blushed, "I don't want to say something I'll regret."

"We're both in too deep, and don't really have anything to loose... if you're an open book, I'll let you flip through my pages." Harry giggled at the dumb line, and Draco closed his eyes, wincing at his words, "I swear it sounded better in my head."

"You do have something to loose... a lot, actually.

"And what's that?"

"You haven't come out yet."

The blonde thought for a moment, and grinned at Harry. Draco sat up and pulled Potter up with him, "Alright, fair enough."

"W-What are you d-doing?"

Draco walked over to the balcony that outlooked on the Hogwarts castle.

"D-Draco?" Harry asked, from the middle of the room.

The Slytherin clutched the edges of the metal fence and screamed at the top of his lungs, "I, DRACO MALFOY, AM NOT AT ALL HETEROSEXUAL!"

The blonde looked over his shoulder and gave Harry the most brilliant smile he'd ever seen.

Harry felt a matching grin cross his lips as Draco approached. The shorter boy threw his hands around the Slytherin and hugged him as tightly as he could, "I cannot believe you just did that."

The blonde staggered back a few steps as the other boy clung onto him. He hesitated for a second before wrapping his arms around Harry, and hugged him back, "I can't either."

{}

Harry was content to stay in Draco's warm embrace for forever. He buried his face into the blonde's firm chest.

"You really like giving hugs, don't you?" The taller boy chuckled softly into the other's ear.

A shudder ran through Harry's small body at the hot breath, "I didn't have to make you hug me back, this time."

"You? Make me do anything? Please." He said sarcastically.

Harry weaselled out of the hug and frowned, crossing his arms, "I could make you do anything!"

"Really? Ohh, right. Because you're so tall and mighty." Draco replied playfully.

"I could fight you!" Harry declared. He came at Draco, attempting to punch him in the gut, but the other boy was quicker.

Malfoy lazily held Harry's head away form him with one hand, so Harry was swinging but couldn't reach him, "Honestly, Potter. You're adorable."

A scarlet blush coded Harry's cheeks, "W-What?"

Draco released him and took a step forward, smirking slightly, "You heard me. I called you adorable."

"I... w-w..."

"Adorable." The blonde repeated, taking another step closer.

Harry hid his face in his hands as he groaned, "You can't do that!"

Draco chuckled quietly, taking another step, "Do what?"

Harry whined, "You know what!"

The Slytherin took another step. One more and he'd practically be on top of the other, "What ever are you talking about?"

Potter complained, "You know!"

Draco took that final step, whispering softly, his voice low, "Enlighten me."

The emerald-eyed boy opened his eyes and rested his hands on Draco's chest, shyly tracing his bicept, "You c-can't make me come undone."

He smiled softly, resting his chin on Harry's head, "I barely did anything."

"Well, it was enough." Harry mumbled, completely sidetracked by what was happening.

The two were completely comfortable in the moment. That was until the two heard footsteps and heavy breathing.

Draco whipped his head around and grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him over to a cupboard, "Get in!"

"You get in!"

"I am being a gentleman! Move your ass!"

"You leave my ass out of this."

Draco scowled, and grabbed Harry's ass, pushing him into the cupboard, receiving a gasp that did so not make his cock twitch. The blonde jumped in and closed the entrance just in the knick of time.

Harry frowned in the dark, cramped space, "You couldn't have found a better hiding place?"

As much as Draco had changed, he hadn't changed enough to stop what was about to come out of his mouth, "Well, Potter, we're in a cupboard and I wanted to make you feel at home, you know, since you lived in one before!"

Harry's jaw fell open, "Y-You did not just-"

Draco slapped his hand over Potter's mouth, and whispered violently, "Shh!"

Harry frowned, but obeyed. He heard Filch's heavy breathing outside of their little door, and his heavy footsteps as he looked around for any signs of life.

The footsteps neared, and Draco jerked Harry closer, and the shorter boy fell on top of his chest just as the tiny door opened.

Filch looked directly in but closed it back up, not seeing anyone inside, due to Draco pulling Harry away from the entrance.

Eventually, the door closed behind him and the two waited a few minutes before both took a big breath of relief.

"That was close."

"T-Thank you." Harry murmured. He attempted to move off of the Slytherin but couldn't, "D-Draco..."

"Yeah?"

"I can't move..." Harry's claustrophobia kicked in as his breathing quickened, "I-I c-can't m-move!"

"Breathe, Harry, breathe. It's alright. I promise you it's alright." Draco whispered, soothingly.

Harry attempted to slow his air flow, but this whole situation was stressful.

"Here, I'll move. Stay still." Draco slowly switched positions with Harry. And now, Draco was sitting on Harry's chest. He wasn't sure how that was supposed to help the other boy's claustrophobia, but that didn't cross his mind until later.

The blonde was determined to get Harry out of the stuffy closet, but all of a sudden Harry didn't really want to leave. He was comfortable, except for the fact that his crush was sitting inches away from his cock. He was fine with that if the circumstances were different.

Draco inched back slowly, and found his way back on the floor, "Alright... now for the door." He grabbed the handle and jiggled it.

"Harry, don't freak out but... the door is locked."

The Gryffindor took a slow breath, "Well... do you have your wand on you? Just use Alohamora."

"Don't freak out but I left my wand by the balcony."

"Shit."

After trying to escape for fifteen minutes, Draco fell against the tight wall, "It's useless."

"J-Just talk to me. Keep my mind off of it." Harry begged.

Draco thought for a moment, "O-Okay. So you you're gay."

Immediately, Harry became self-conscious, "Y-Yes..."

"How long have you known?"

The shorter boy flushed, "Ever since about f-fifth year?"

"When did you realize?"

"Um... I had a dream about..." He winced, "someone. Ever since then I've known, but I've had my suspicions." Harry admitted.

"Who's that?"

"Just someone. I've never really had anyone to talk to before, you know. About my homosexuality."

Draco debated for a moment if he was really going to say what he wanted to, "Well, you do now, if you want one."

Harry looked up, "Sorry, didn't catch that."

"I said you shouldn't have trouble finding someone." Draco lied. It was hard enough saying it the first time.

"Who really wants to listen to me whine about being gay?"

"Damnit Potter, I would!"

"W-What?"

"If I wasn't comfortable with you being a gay, I would never have carried you up to your room that night..."

"Draco... t-there's so much you d-don't know..."

"I've got time. I'll prove it to you." Draco whispered, full of dedication and determination.

Harry's face flushed and his heart filled with pride, "Prick."

"Princess." Draco retorted.

The blonde may not have been unaware of his actions, but the nickname sent electric shocks through Harry's veins. Harry would change the subject if it killed him, "S-So you're staying at Hogwarts this Summer?"

Draco chuckled, "No. I just said that so that people stopped asking what I was doing."

"So what are you doing?" Harry asked. He hoped Draco wouldn't know, so that he could invite him to stay at his godfather's house.

"I'll just go home and... hide out in my room."

"Really?"

"Well... I might just spend the Summer at my family's vacation home. It's been awhile since I've been to Dublin, and I've been meaning to get some new sweaters from there."

The two sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes before Harry asked, "When did you know you were gay?"

Draco took a moment to remember, "It was when you caught snowflakes on your tongue."

"I-I'm the first bloke-?" Harry was baffled, and his heart again swelled with pride.

"Yeah... you?"

"I guess when I really knew for sure was when... I guess when you first met Spark." That was when Harry realized his feelings for Draco were more then just physical. The blonde didn't need to know that Harry had wet dreams about him.

He knew he was gay the moment he woke up on the train after that dream, but he wasn't about to say that.

"So I was the first guy..."

Harry blushed, glad that the room was too dark for Draco to see him. He didn't want the blonde to know that basically saying anything could make him unravel like a ball of yarn, "Yes."

"Good." Draco whispered, before rolling his eyes at himself. Bloody bell, he was becoming possessive.

"Draco... can I ask you something?"

The Slytherin turned his head and smiled at the Gryffindor, "But of course."

"W-When we g-get out of here? Will you..."

"Go on..."

"Will you dance with me?" The smaller boy whispered.

Draco's mind became a flurry of fuzziness as his stomach filled with butterflies, "I would be honored."

"Try the door again." Harry suggested.

"If you say so." The blonde pulled on the door knob again, and sighed, "Told you."

"Let me try." Harry climbed over and sat down on Draco's lap. The Slytherin shifted at the obvious tension the small corner filled with.

Harry turned the knob and pushed it out, and the door swung open, "You didn't try pushing it open? You pulled it? Draco!" Harry laughed.

Pink dusted the embarrassed boy's face, "Shove off, Princess." He knew the pet name made Harry squirm, so in light of that, he'd never call him by his birth name ever again.

With that, the two came out of the closet. That cupboard was a tight fit.

_Please Vote_

Just a chapter-ly reminder:

You are loved.

You are valid.

You are worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 14.5K 54
After the Second Wizarding War, Malfoy found himself alienated from the majority of the school; his old friends just irritated him, all of Hogwarts'...
164 4 1
Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger have a secret fling during their return to Hogwarts. Hermione leaves with something more than she bargained for whi...
3.4M 74.5K 76
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ!!! This story contains a bit of sexual violence, gore, and a lot of mature language. Please read at your own risk and/or ment...
113K 4K 20
After the war, students who didn't get to complete seventh year are invited back. How is Harry going to be treated now he is the saviour of the wizar...