Cliché

By lauren_b05

Harry Potter has always hated Draco Malfoy, and all of Hogwarts knows that, but what happens when Harry start... More

chapter 1: Wecome Home
chapter 2: Stalker
chapter 3: Stuck Together
chapter 4: Klutz
chapter 5: 'The Game'
chapter 6: Just That Not Into You
chapter 7: Sweet Poetry
chapter 8: Mistake
chapter 9: Catch Me If I Fall
chapter 10: Rumor
chapter 11: F-Fuck
chapter 12: Broken Whispers
chapter 13: Vibrations
Chapter 14: Undecided
chapter 15: Perfect
chapter 16: Out
chapter 18: Constellations
chapter 19: Brilliant
chapter 20: The Cycle
chapter 21: Nearly
chapter 22: Repeat After Pansy
chapter 23: Phases
chapter 24: Charades
chapter 25: Softly
chapter 26: Brighter
Chapter 27: Quiet
Chapter 28: Promise Me
Chapter 29: Misinterpreted
Chapter 30: Goodbye
Chapter 31: Closure

chapter 17: Aftermath

387 13 4
By lauren_b05

Harry had slept better than he ever had before. When he awoke he yawned loudly. As his emerald eyes opened, he found his roommates staring him down, "Ah!"

Seamus smiled, pleasantly, "Morning, Harry."

Neville cocked his head to the side and gave the boy a once-over, "I wonder if you're top or bottom."

Harry jumped slightly, "W-What?!"

The redheaded boy groaned loudly as he buried his head in a pillow, "I just noticed something."

Everyone turned to him expectant.

"Seamus is gay, and with Ernie. Neville is gay and he's dating Blaise now. And Dean is bisexual and dating Zane. And lastly Harry is clearly gay- as stated last night- and seems to be with Malfoy. Am I the only straight person in Gryffindor?"

Harry blushed at remembering the night before's occurrences.

"Well... Colin is gay... Denis and Lavender are pansexual... Ginny is a lesbian... Hermione is straight?" Dean pointed out, trying to be helpful.

"So Hermione and myself against the forces of the not-straights."

"Are you with us or against us?" Finigan asked, playfully.

Ron raised his hands up, "I'll go with you quietly, but you leave my ass alone!"

"Can't make any promises." Seamus teased.

Harry almost broke down sobbing with relief. Why had he been so afraid to come out? Why didn't he realize Ron and Hermione had accepted everyone else, and they'd except him as well?

His best friends accepted him as queer... but would they except him for being with Draco? He really didn't want to know. It was hard enough to admit his feelings to Draco, but 'Mione and Weasley?

"What day is it?" Potter asked.

"Friday, but Dumbledore said we had the day off." Dean frowned, "I wish he would've told us that at dinner. I woke up early just to go to breakfast and be told I could've slept in."

{}

Draco really wished that they didn't have the day off from classes. It was noon and he refused to get out of bed. He was afraid he would run into Harry if he got out of bed.

Last night was the best and worst night of his life. People do crazy things when caught up in a moment. What if Harry has just confessed his feelings for Draco because it felt right, and not because he meant it?

Draco had genuine feelings for Harry. How could he not? Everything the Gryffindor did was indescribably perfect, as was he.

As soon as Harry had climbed upon the Slytherin's lap, Draco couldn't even breathe. The thoughts that rushed through his mind were hectic.

'What is he doing?!'

'Is this a prank?'

'Harry Potter is on my fucking lap!'

"Draco." Blaise scowled, attempting to shove him out of bed, "Get the fuck out of your sheets and into Potter's."

The blonde blinked before closing his eyes as a slow smile crept across his face, "That was good, I'll give you that. Not your best, but good."

"I know. Anyways, Neville met me at lunch and Harry's looking for you."

Quicker than a bird taking flight, Malfoy was up, and throwing on clothes, thinking, 'Dear God, what do I wear?!'

He settled on grey sweat pants and a Slytherin hoodie. He ran a hand through his blonde locks and decided that he couldn't make himself look any better, and this was as good as it was going to get, so he headed down to scrap up what little food there would be left.

He ran into Susan Bones on his way down and heard her talking with Remilda Vain, "Did you hear that Harry's gay?"

"Gay? As in likes other males?" Vain gasped.

"Yes. He came out yesterday."

"That's so gross!"

"There's nothing wrong with being-"

"Don't start. It's disgusting."

Draco turned around and scowled at the Gryffindor, "The reason he's gay is because the only girls here are bitches like you. Fuck off." He then gave Bones a a smile, "You're the reason there are still straight guys."

She smiled back, "Thank you."

With that Draco flipped off Remilda and rushed into the Great Hall.

It was absolute chaos when he entered. Students were in a frenzy of whispering and shooting Potter affirming looks. Some were filled with disbelief while others gave smiles.

"POTTER'S GAY, POTTER'S GAY! HE'S GAY! HE'S GAY! HE'S GAY, I SAY!" Peeves chorused.

As soon as Draco entered he had a strong desire to walk back out. His eyes searched out for the boy he fancied and he found him.

Potter was sitting at the Gryffindor table, protected by his dorm mates and Luna Lovegood.

Ron snuck up on the blonde, "Malfoy, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for a spot of breakfast?" He replied, innocently.

"It's far past breakfast time. Harry can't deal with you right now."

"Did he say that?" Draco asked, slightly hurt.

"No, he won't shut up about you, but the last thing he needs is you waltzing over there and stirring up more drama. Meet him tonight, the Astronomy Tower. Ten-thirty." The redhead walked away as soon as he spoke.

{}

Harry walked Luna to the Divination class room, and he let out a loud sigh, "Luna, I, er, fancy someone..."

"Draco Malfoy? I know, and it's alright, Harry." The Ravenclaw replied with a smile.

"Y-You know?" Harry hissed.

"I've known for quite some time. Your head is filled with Nargals when he's around."

"You raised your hand for being, er, not straight. May I ask what you are?"

"Asexual." She responded, smiling, "I don't really have physical feelings and never have. Sybil said that I won't ever, and she can see the future."

Harry smiled softly, "You'll find someone, someday."

"Does Draco like you?"

A heavy blush painted the Golden Boy's face, "I think he does."

"How does he make you feel?"

"Giddy." His stomach did a slight flip flop as he imagined how he felt after the blonde had admitted his feelings.

"Well, that's quite nice."

{}

Draco snuck into Dumbledore's office and took a giant risk. He jumped in the empty fireplace and threw down a handful of Floo Powder, "Diagon Alley!"

The setting changed, from the colorless office to a colorful shop. Draco brushed himself off and walked out of Daisy's and Dukes and into Brecksly's. It was a shop for children, but he didn't care. He knew what he was looking for. The blonde hesitated for a moment, wondering if someone he knew would see him, but decided against it. Who would be in a children's shop at two in the afternoon?

He browsed the items they had and quickly found the stuffed animal section. He chose a small bear, the color of Harry's hair with the same emerald eyes.

In the checkout isle he found an extremely soft, plush blanket. It had magic heating and cooling, and was a periwinkle blue.

Harry had mentioned outside of Honeydukes that he loved blankets, and had several on his bed.

With his two items, Draco paid for his items and smiled to himself, mentally seeing the adorable boy's face as he opened the gifts. It also hit him that giving Harry these gifts was the stupidest thing he could possibly do. Potter has only told him yesterday that he was gay and into him. Wasn't it too forward to give him personal gifts this early?

Malfoy's thoughts were interrupted by a familiar voice, "Oi!"

Freezing in place, the blonde closed his eyes, mentally cursing himself. Quickly recovering his witty grin, the boy turned around, smiling at Mr. Borgin, "Hello, Sir."

The shop owner gave him an unsure, sideways glance, not use to being shown respect by this particular individual, "Er, Mr. Malfoy... did you just exit a shop for babies?"

'Merlin's Beard.' Luckily, being a Slytherin meant being extremely quick-witted, "Yes, I'm pretty excited to be a big brother."

Mr Borgin raised his eyebrows in surprise, "I didn't know Narcissa was pregnant!"

"Why, yes. I saw it in my tea leaves last week in Divination. Finally snuck out of the castle to do a little shopping. You won't tell, will you?"

"Of course not. Have a great day."

"Likewise." The blonde approached the nearest fireplace and threw done the Powder, "Hogwarts!"

Nothing happened.

"Damn it." Draco had forgotten that you could leave Hogwarts... but not re-enter."

{}

Harry heard the news from Ron, that Draco would be meeting him and the Golden boy immediately started squealing and clapping.

Hermione smiled slightly, "Want to go shopping and find something cute to wear?"

Eagerly nodding, Harry grinned, "Yes!"

She knew about his feelings for Draco.

She had discovered it last week when she accidentally found Harry's diary. It was entitled;

"Tra¡n of thought."

But, because she was a Granger, Hermione didn't approve of the way Harry didn't dot his 'i' in 'train' and quickly fixed it. She wondered what was in it and flipped through it. She discovered his fascination with a certain blonde. With Draco. She loved Ron but she did have to admit that Malfoy wasn't the worst choice at Hogwarts.

The two approached Hogsmead and quickly found the clothes shop, Bird's and Bloke's Cloaks. Hermione led him to the more feminine section, "Find something you like, and try it on."

Like magic, Harry immediately found a bubblegum pink sweater. He giddily pulled it off the hanger.

Hermione smiled at the find, "That's cute. Go try it on. I'll find pants that would look good."

He headed into the changing room and pulled off his shirt. After pulling the soft material over his head he put his hands through the holes. The sweater was really loose and the sleeves were way too big.

"Heads up!" Hermione threw something over the top of the changing room door, and Harry caught it.

He slipped on the tight, black leggings and tentatively looked at his reflection.

With a blush on his face, Harry exited the room.

Hermione gasped, "Harry you look.... beautiful. And may I add, that your ass looks amazing in those! You have to buy it. Draco is going to die."

{}

The blonde had sent an owl to Hogwarts, informing his predicament to the Headmaster. He just wished he'd be back on the school grounds before 10:15, so he'd have enough time to meet Harry. He didn't want the Gryffindor to think he had stood him up.

With a sharp crack, Dumbledore was standing in front of Draco, "Ah, Mr. Malfoy. Are you ready to return to the school?"

Draco swallowed, nodding, "Y-Yes, sir. I'm so s-"

"Don't apologize. You had the stealth to sneak into my office and use Floo Powder without me having the slightest clue. For that, I'll refrain from punishing you, but try this again, and you'll be expelled." With that, Dumbledore apparated them back to Hogwarts.

"T-Thank you, sir."

"May I ask, what's in the bag?" The older man said, his eyes twinkling curiously.

Draco froze, "Um, er..." He opened the bag so that Albus could see into it, "M-Mother is pregnant again-or so I've heard...."

The man nodded slowly, "Ah. Stay out of trouble."

Draco nodded, making his way to the doorway.

"However, I will need to confiscate those items from you."

He grimaced, but reluctantly handed over the bag. With that, the blonde exited the office slowly and sprinted back to his dorms.

{}

"So Dumbledore told you to stay out of trouble?" Zabini asked.

"Yes!" Draco answered. He had told Pansy and Blaise about meeting Harry that night.

"He stole the things you bought for Potter?" Parkinson asked, throwing a candy wrapper into the blasting fireplace.

"I didn't get in trouble for going out, so I figured he'd leave me alone if I handed it over."

"You're seriously meeting him? Tonight?"

"Yes? What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing... tonight's a cappella night?" Blaise frowned.

"Can't you reschedule it?"

Blaise gasped, "Reschedule it? Have you lost your mind?"

Pansy, who had been silent, started giggling.

"What? This is serious! Our a cappella group has muggle sectionals in two months!" Blaise complained.

She ignored him and turned to Malfoy, "Dumbledore said to stay out of trouble. He didn't tell you to stay out of Harry's ass."

Draco blinked, unimpressed, "Parkinson. Fuck off."

She shrugged, "Fine."

Malfoy frowned, calling after her, "Where are you going? I need you to help me pick out what I should wear!"

The girl rolled her eyes, "Make up your bloody mind." She marched over to his personal chest and began, pulling items out. She threw whitewash, ripped jeans at him, followed by a black crewneck, "Wear this."

{}

Harry and Draco were going to meet up, and sparks would fly. Friends were supportive. Everything seemed to be going perfectly. Or so they thought.

Harry and Draco were going to meet up, and sparks were going to fly. Friends were supportive... but what about family?

{}

Dayton licked the envelope closed and finished addressing it. He left it anonymous, and wrote the name of the addressees on top.

"Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy."

The letter informed the Malfoy that there was something wrong with their son. That he'd been acting strange. Strange around another boy. It informed the parents that they may need to have a chat with their son.

"Soon, Draco will be out of Hogwarts and than we deal with Harry." A voice whispered from the shadows.

_Please Vote_

Just a chapter-ly reminder:

You are loved.

You are valid.

You are worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 468 18
Draco X reader in a Voldemort free world, where Draco is still a cold jerk sometimes, he gets that from his father but their not really evil. y/n get...
58.1K 1.8K 30
Draco Malfoy is part Veela. What will happen when he discovers that his mortal enemy is his mate? How will he cope if The Boy Who Lives rejects him...
1M 33.9K 41
What if Harry wasn't the golden boy everyone thought? What if his world of Hogwarts changes forever? Harry Potter was excited for school to start for...
619K 17.3K 38
The war is over. Everyone has to retake the previous year at Hogwarts. Hermione Granger is made Head Girl and Draco Malfoy is made Head Boy. Tensions...