The Reject (On Hold)

By Cornelia_eve

Edith Gailent de Albemont is the crown princess of the American Kingdom. Her life is full of happiness and j... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Guide

Chapter 15

2.7K 75 11
By Cornelia_eve

Caesar's POV

I swear to god that mate of ours is so stubborn. Claude and I agree that she would be much safer in the bunker but she just wouldn't listen.

"Or strong willed, that's a personality of an alpha female." I hear my wolf Zion speak to me.

"Shut up you know nothing about it."

"Nope, I know everything, I even know how strong her wolf is. You're the stupid one that decide to reject her."

"That's where you're wrong, I can sense that she's weak."

"We'll see."

With that our conversation ended. Can't she see that we're worried about her.

Why couldn't she be like Michelle and listen to us. Michelle haven't recovered fully and we ask her to stay in the bunker with the others.

I hear Zion's growl disagreeing with my opinion. With that in mind, I walk towards Claude wanting to inform him about our mate.

Claude's POV

After ensuring that everyone is in a pair, I mind link the guards who are responsible for guarding the safe.

They inform me that everyone have gathered inside. They have make sure that everyone follow the safety protocol just like my brother and I instructed.

I feel Caesar's presence getting even closer, heading towards me.

"How's the preparation going?" I ask him.

"Everything's in place, except..."

"Except what?"

"It's her."

"What about her?"

Her again. She really love to cause problems for us.

"She refuse to join other on the bunkers."

"Where is she right now?"

Caesar point me towards a she wolf that's surrounded by several royal guards. She's holding what's look like to be a silver sword.

Her sword have a black handle and a particular pattern on it which reminded me of symbols belong to witches and warlocks.

"TO CLOSE!" I hear my wolf Zac growl.

"What?"

"Those unwanted wolf is getting to close to our mate."

"I notice."

"SO DO SOMETHING!"

Zac have been on edge ever since the moment we accepted Michelle as our chosen mate. It's also the same with Caesar's wolf.

"You know I can't."

"You haven't even try." Zac protested.

"Do you think she'll still listen to us? After everything that we have done to her?" I raise my voice slightly getting annoyed.

"Don't lump me in with you. I'm not the one who decide to mate with Michelle and reject our mate. It was you and your brother's fault."

"Look, let's just focus on the situation at hand. I promise I'll try to win her back after this."

"And what about your precious mate Michelle?" Zac ask sarcastically.

"I'll think a way of telling her."

Zac is satisfied from my answer and decide not to reply. But still, I don't like the fact that there are many unmated wolves stand to close to her.

I move my gaze towards her and there she is. She stand bravely among the royal guards, as if she's the one leading them.

Her red hair is tied into a braid. Her eyes is strong showing no hesitation and is ready for whatever come towards her.

I must have stared too long, because she also turn her gaze towards me. The moment her eyes meet mine, I couldn't help but feel weird.

My wolf is over the moon and he's showing his wolfish grin. But as quickly it happened, she tore her gaze away with a cold expression.

Not going to lie, but it hurts. Zac's attitude is back and he continue to blame and throw whatever insults at me.

Edith's POV.

Standing plainly in the open clear field, I took a deep breath and let out a long sigh. Preparing myself for the battle to come.

The Alphas have ordered their members to form a buddy system. They'll need to protect his or her partner throughout the combat.

If one were to fall, the other member must join another team quickly to ensure their protection.

"This buddy system is genius! Why haven't we been using it!" Sierra claimed.

"I'll make sure to bring it up with Riley once we got back." I replied.

While I'm at it, I take a look at my surrounding. The surrounding is tense and I could see that several warriors have fear covering their expression.

By the looks of it, this could be their first ever battle. I used to have that expression when I first head out to battle.

I was eighteen when we got ambushed by rogues during my weekly borders check. I didn't know what to do and I freeze in my place fearing for what will happened to me and the others.

Luckily Sierra isn't afraid and she quickly bring me to my consciousness. I manage to kill several rogues thanks to Sierra's help.

At first, I feel worse for taking another life. But if I didn't defend myself, I would be the one killed.

The patter of paws hitting the ground are getting even stronger. All of the pack members start to shift and position themselves near their buddy.

My ex-mates wolves have an auburn fur. They have some white fur patches alongside their bodies. Their wolves are huge, telling others that they're the alphas.

Then, the howl for started. The pack members howls warning the rogues to get out of their territory. If they persist, all of them won't be spared.

The patter didn't stop and getting even closer meaning that they will continue their invasion. Not long after, we can see rogues, around a hundred of them charging towards us.

This isn't right. Why would they charge towards us with only this much members. It's the same like killing themselves.

I could see a wolf bigger than others running ahead. That must be the leader. I grip the handle of my sword tightly preparing for the incoming impact. The battle started.

While the royal guards is busy fighting another werewolves, me and Riley is slicing any wolf that dare to approach us.

The battle is getting more intense and I can smell lots of blood. The sound of skin ripping and growls fill the air.

With everyone including me and Riley are busy fighting our own battle, I didn't realize that I was slowly distancing myself from the royal guards.

Slicing open one wolf after another, I'm driven towards the edge of the forest. When suddenly I was pushed down by a rogue.

I drop my sword and open my eyes. A pair of eyes stare back towards me, and it belong to the rogue's leader.

He press his paw on my chest, making me unable to breath. This is bad, think Edith think.

I try to look for my sword but it's nowhere to be seen. It must have been tossed somewhere when he push me down.

I think long and hard, deciding what should I do to get out of this predicament. That's it! I should taunt him into changing to his human form.

Then, I can fight him. I'm not sure if I can win against his wolf form, but I might have a chance if it's the human counterpart.

Here goes nothing.

"So, you're the leader of this pack of rogues?"

"I can't believe that you're so weak. You need to be in your wolf form just to defeat a little girl."

"Are you sure that you're the leader? Heck I'm only a meek little girl but I'm sure that I got bigger guts than you."

"Now go ahead, rip my head and be done with it." Taunting him even more.

I'm currently playing a dangerous game. If I manage to taunt him, I could walk out of here alive, but if I make him even more angry, I could lose my life in an instance.

But I could feel him taking his paw away from my chest and quickly transform back to his human form.

Before I could gain my composure, he put a hand in my neck choking me. He pick me up in the air and press even harder before finally decide speaking.

"You carry the princess's sword. But she isn't nearby. You must be her trusted guard, so where is she?"

How could he know about my sword. No one ever know about it and I make sure not to use it if it's not an emergency.

"I'll ask one more time. Where is she?" Pressing my wind pipe even harder, making me unable to breathe.

"L-let m..m-me g-go. I'..ll talk. C-can't b..breath."

He let go of his hand and I fall to the ground hard. I cough hard while holding my neck. He quickly grab my braid and pull my hair backwards.

"Where is she?" He threatened me with menacing voice.

With my quickly recovered strength, I punch his stomach. His grip on my braid loosen and I head butt his face causing him to step backwards.

I took a fighting stance and prepare to fight hand to hand since I can't find my sword.

"What are you up to?" I question him.

He decide to keep his silent and charge towards me instead. He's fast for his size and agile. I block a punch with my arms and I didn't expect his to throw so much force in it.

My arm hurts like hell and I'm force to take a few step backwards and taking a defend position. This is not good, my body is still recovering from my last fight against Michelle.

Plus I'm still slightly drain from my fight against that rogues earlier. I need to end this fight quickly and run back towards Riley and the others.

I need to find an opening and finish him. We exchange several punches later but I mostly put in a position where I must defend myself.

I start to grow wary because he still not showing a sign of stopping or slowing down. My leg starting to become weak and I fall on my knee.

"One last time. Where is she?" He added a growl this time.

"Kiss my ass."

He give me one last growl and shift. Then, he charge towards me with his jaw wide open showing his fangs.

This is it. My time has come and I can proudly say that I put one hell of a fight before I return to moon goddess's side.

I can meet the moon goddess finally and ask her. Why did she pair me with someone who rejected me. I close my eyes and welcome my sweet death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 13.7K 56
He had strength, she had powers she didn't know she had. He hated her after what her parents did to his family, she didn't know her parents were eve...
38 0 22
My name is Anna (short for Annabelle) I am sixteen years old. People always find me...strange...interesting. I've been taken by Warlocks and been res...
324K 12.2K 59
[[a werewolf romance]] Deceived and abandoned by her moon chosen mate Lerato leaves and tries to start a new life or at least have a break from the a...