SOLO HEALER II

By JoeySudah

Solo Healer Saga continued with more powerful enemy and more Drama.. new friends, new powers and more complic... More

1 prolog
life as we know it
Hoot
you
rule out.
deed
run
to
storu
part
HELP!!
announcement

Just another Day

133 13 0
By JoeySudah

I closed the Status Window. With that done, i pretty much had confirmed every change that occurred to me.

‘Wait a sec. What’s the time now?’

While i was doing my thing, 20 minutes had flown by. I scratched the side of my head.

‘I guess I should hurry up, huh.’

The corners of my’s lips arched up.

The power of my enhanced Stats didn’t prove to be effective only when fighting against monsters.

When i concentrated, time slowed down. To be more precise, it was me who had gotten quicker, however.

I opened the door and left my room.

I entered the bathroom and took a quick shower.

I swiftly wiped the water off of me.

He put on whatever clothing i could find and stood before the mirror.

All this, and i only needed three minutes.

I could’ve moved faster, but i figured that this old, decrepit apartment would fall apart if i did.

‘My hair hasn’t completely dried out yet, but….’

The end result was me saving over 20 minutes, so there was no need to rush now.

Time to leave, then.

I was about to step out of my room, but discovered something and stopped in my tracks. I found the key for the apartment. It was sitting on top of my desk.

In the past, i have felt a bit lazy and unwilling, but still turned back to grab the key; however, i simply extended my hand instead of walking over there.

‘I mean, if I don’t use it in times like this, just when will I ever get to use this skill?’

The Ruler’s Hand..its one of Luna skill.

The key crept forward bit by bit, before flying into my open palm as if a strong magnet was reeling it in.

Grab!

I snatched the key and grinned refreshingly.

Having gotten ready to leave in the proverbial blink of an eye, i closed the door to my room, a whistle escaping from my lips.

My first stop was at the bank.

I was wondering just how much cash from the sales of the magic crystals had accumulated in my new bank account.

‘I couldn’t come earlier because I’ve been so busy until now.’

As the raid team leader, Milo was in charge of managing the magic crystals.

From what he told me, that man had been selling all the magic crystals at the end of day and deposited every single cent of my share into my account.

He didn’t mention in detail how much the money would be, though.

‘That Guild master of mine . He reports to me every little thing that happens, but he doesn’t really mention much about money issues.’

Was it because he wasn’t really interested all that much? Perhaps because he grew up lacking nothing, Milo’s interests were quite far removed from the matters involving money.

No, they tended to be along the lines of celebrity gossip, stories of raids, songs or movies he liked – those kinds of things.

Even if it was nominally a conversation, it’d be Milo  who yapped on and on all by himself, though. And i would simply listen quietly on the side and provide appropriate responses every now and then.

‘Ah, now that I think about it…’

A chatterbox guy like him also didn’t say anything about his family situation until now.

Now that was pretty strange. I combed through his memories starting from when they met for the first time, but he couldn’t remember a single instance of him mentioning his family.

While thinking that it was pretty bizarre, he had arrived at the bank.

‘Well now, that’s some crappy timing, isn’t it?’

All of the ATMs were currently under maintenance.

I was left with little choice, so i walked inside the bank branch. I got my number in the queue, waited for my turn, before eventually sitting down in front of a bank teller.

“Hello there.”

A female teller with a bob-cut hair reaching just below her ears and a refreshing smile asked me politely.

“How may I be of service today?”

“I’d like to see the amount currently in the bank account, please.”

“I understand.”

With a smile, the female teller took the bank book i presented to her.

While waiting for her to do her thing, i scanned the inside of the bank. It was a normal Thursday afternoon, yet there were quite a large number of people inside.

As i continued to look at the crowd, the female teller got to confirm the amount resting in my account and her eyes shot open super-wide.

‘Heok!!”

[Remaining amount: USD 482,920,000]

She checked the number of digits again, but without a doubt, it started from a milion.

Not only that, i hadn’t even accumulated this amount over a long period of time.

For the past week or so, the records showed that over 100 million  had been deposited every single day.

‘He looks so young, so how could he?’

The female teller initially took me as university student who came to the local bank to get the bank book newly printed on because his mother asked him to. But, her expression had changed quite a bit now.

The female teller asked me, her voice containing just a sliver of ulterior motive.

“Oh, my goodness. May I ask, what you do for a living?”

Perhaps she herself was embarrassed by her own ulterior motive, the female bank teller’s cheeks blushed softly as she cautiously studied my reactions.

I replied as if it was nothing.

“I’m a Titan.”

“Ah…..”

The female teller slowly nodded her head almost instinctively.

The popular rumour she heard was indeed true.

‘I heard that Titan made lots of money, but….’

But to think, it’d be on this level….

All of a sudden, her life as a normal working-class employee came across as rather pathetic.

Only until a minute ago, this man was a regular customer, just like everyone else. But now, i looked like a person from another galaxy altogether.

‘He must be a pretty high ranked Titan, right?’

This amount wasn’t something an average Titan with average skills could ever hope to touch.

This would be her first time meeting a truly high-ranked Titan, then.

The unexpectedness of this situation caused her heart to palpitate just a bit faster.

Thump, thump….

Her heart was indeed beating a bit quicker now.

A young customer possessing well over a milion in cash would certainly be a VIP in the eyes of the bank. And well, that customer was a Titan, so he should be treated as a VVIP, instead.

And so, in order to ensure that this VVIP wouldn’t slip through the bank’s fingers, the female employee began advertising several of the bank’s financial products.

“Our bank has launched brand new products and services especially catered for VIP customers such as yourself.”

Her smile was no longer the business one, but a real one, too. The female bank teller’s gaze was now firmly fixed on me.

‘Oh, my. He’s….’

Seeing my current appearance, the one where i must have thrown on some clothes lying around, and that slightly dishevelled hair, her heart began beating faster than ever before. She realised that he must’ve been a very busy man who managed to find some free time to stop by the bank today.

“This product has proven really popular with our customers lately, so how about taking a closer look at the benefits it offers, sir?”

Too bad for her, i refused right away.

“No, thank you. I’m fine.”

“Ah…. is that so?”

The female bank teller’s voice was thickly laden with regrets over missed chances.

Sensing that this chat might get drawn out if he said something wrong here, i quickly took the bank book and stood up from the seat.

“Thank you for your help. Have a nice day.”

I made his quick getaway from the bank as the hot stares from the female bank teller continued to bear down on my back.

As soon as the bank’s door closed behind him…

“Fuu….”

I spat out a sigh of relief.

I picked up on the change in the bank teller’s expression the moment he revealed my job as a Titan.

Attentions of strangers, and their interests.

It would probably be something normal for other Titan, but it was still something new to me.

‘Well, I better get used to it now.’

The attention on me would get even worse than this.

I heard that there were quite a few reporters and fans following around particular Titan as well.

I raised my head slightly and saw a large electronic billboard displaying a cold drink advert featuring a famous Titan, attached to the side of a skyscraper.

Before Gates appeared in the world, one would’ve found top sports stars or popular idols occupying that position.

That’s right.

This was the age where a Titan would be at the receiving end of more attention and adulation than a celebrity. Even me wouldn’t be an exception now.

The only person who didn’t like Titans nowadays were probably employees of various insurance companies.

‘Besides all that.’

Only after i made his escape from the bank did i get to confirm the amount in the account. And my eyes grew real wide afterwards.

‘48 milion….?!’

The total amount of money he earned after participating in nine raids was almost 1.5 million

He got around 180 million from the dungeon he raided with Milo and Co. So, the average amount per rank A Gate he got was somewhere between 150 and 200 million each raid.

‘Yup, that’s why that bank teller was so shocked, wasn’t it….’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

333K 28.2K 35
[THIS IS AN OLD DRAFT. Please read the rewrite that is currently up on my profile] ............ "Look, man, I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean to rob the...
40K 2.4K 37
Loving someone who doesn't love you back super sucks. What's even suckier? If that someone is a superhero...and your best friend. Noah has known his...
28 8 8
↳ ❝ Since I met him, he carries more anger and pain than a thousand armies could ever bear. He was betrayed, deceived and hurt. Believe me when I say...