My sister's best friend

By foreverrikarafan

Ok...so the most cliche love story plot is MY BROTHER'S BEST FRIEND! Let's change the plot a bit. ... 'If my... More

Promo
Characters
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13
Episode 14
Episode 16
Episode 17
Episode 18
Episode 19

Episode 15

351 43 19
By foreverrikarafan

Gauri's POV:

I was no longer at Om's house. Long story short, we decided to watch a movie. Tej uncle came back and my siblings came back. We still watched a movie without being too close then our mums came back meaning I had to go back home. OMG you should have seen the look of Om's face when I was leaving. It was so so so cute. His sad face was seriously so adorable. More cuter than Prinku's sad face and trust me, Prinku knows how to make a sad face cute enough to make your heart melt.

Mum: I had the best time there. Now I am back being a mother....

She said as she drove the car with us amazing three kids in it....well I was the amazing one. Inayat and Mihir were just...well they were just them.

Me: you chose to be a mother.

She rolled her eyes at me as we reached home.

Inayat: did you get us any gifts?

My mum gave her a look then started to talk: hey bhagwan! All kids want these days are gifts, gifts and gifts! Do I look like I am made out of money?

My brother and sister nodded making my mum roll her eyes as we all went out of the car. I helped her get the suitcases out.

Mum: you look happy.

I just smiled at her.

Mum: you weren't happy earlier when I dropped you off at the Oberois.

Me: I was just being moody. Now I am feeling so happy. Happier than ever.

Mum: are you in love?

I love my mum, I love her to pieces honestly but even my mum didn't know that I had a massive crush on Om which meant she did not need to know I was dating him.

Me: nahi, I'm not in love....I'm just feeling really happy.

Mum smiled as we went back in the house.

Mum: you have been in a mood for some time now. I am so happy that you are feeling more happy now. Why were you moody anyway?

She asked as we kept the suitcases in the downstairs bedroom. I looked at her with a smile....she also did not need to know that Om was intentionally trying to make me jealous.

Me: bass aise. Was missing Prinku a lot and school gives us too much work.

Mum: aww mera baccha. Do you have any work to do?

Me: nahi, I'll make dinner. You rest. You had a long journey.

Mum: sure?

I nodded and before she could debate, I went to the kitchen and got things to cook with. At that moment, I got a text. I got out my phone to see that I got a text from Om. He sent me a cute gif of a dog looking so cute and sad, the gif had writing on it and it said 'I miss you'. He then wrote following the gif: I really miss you. I want someone to cuddle.

I smiled as I typed in: you are so cute and a little cheesy.

He replied back within seconds: how am I cheesy? I really just want to cuddle something.

Me: cuddle the dog in the gif then.

Om: I wish....dogs are better than people.

Me: I know. They are sooooo cute. I think I will get a dog.

Om: ha! Good luck! Veena aunty will never agree.

Me: she is full of surprises. I am going to get a dog and that dog will be my boyfriend.

Om: oh hello! I am your boyfriend baccha. Only mine. No dog is allowed to be your boyfriend...you will just love it more than me.

Me: hawww are you getting jealous of a dog?

Om: haan yaar. I don't know why but all girls seem to love dogs more than boyfriends! You are getting a girl dog...if you actually get a dog.

Me: then you will love it more than me :(

Om: now who's getting jealous? ;)

Me: I hate you.

Om: love you too baby.

Me: I'm gonna cook so bye.

Om: nahi don't leave me!

Me: why?

Om: because then I have to do physics and I don't want to.

Me: alee alee, be a good boy and do your physics.

Om: why are you talking to me like I am some dog?

Me: just do your physics work :)

Om: nahi....

Me: karo na baba.

Om: fine, I don't want to but I will....

Om: physics is pointless.

Me: I know.

Me: ttyl

Om: bye baby.

Me: bye :)

I got off my phone and started to cook. Om was seriously adorable and I loved him...I was not going to admit to him that I think he is super adorable. It will only make that ego of his bigger.

Seriously, is it just me worried for his ego?

After cooking mattar paneer and roti then having it with my family, I went upstairs and called Om. I was waiting for him to pick up. He didn't pick up at first so I called him again and this time he picked up.

Om: hey.

Me: why didn't you pick up earlier? You know if you call a dog once, they came to you?

Om: oh not this subject again and I was actually doing some online shopping

Me: you and online shopping? When we were kids, you always wanted to go to the store to know if something fits instead of getting it online.

Om: yeah well I still do but I decided to do some shopping online.

Me: what you buying?

Om: just some essentials for me like a new phone charger.

Me: a phone charger? Really?

Om: yeah. Human beings survive on their phone battery being charged and just some men deodorant.

I smiled as I kept the blanket over myself, sitting up.

Om: you still feeling any cramps?

I shook my head but then said: I just want them to be gone already.

Om: it won't last long. It's only a few days.

Me: and then it comes next month. Yaar why does it need to be only girls to have periods? Bhagwan, kyu yaar?

Om: I don't know, why don't you send your complaint to God?

Me: haha very funny.

Om: I mean it.

Me: and how do I do that?

Om: I don't know. Magic?

I giggled and he also gave a chuckle.

Om: on a serious note....do you feel any pain at all?

Me: nahi, I'm feeling better. These cramps will probably come back at night.

Om: awww mera baccha. Just keep a hot heat pad with you and keep it on your stomach during the night, also sleep in a fetal position.

Me: fetal position?

Om: let me send you a pic.

He sent me a pic of a fetal sleeping position within seconds...oh that was a fetal position. Yaar why do they name sleeping positions? There's no point making sleep complicated.

Om: and have cinnamon tea before bed. It will make you feel better.

Me: how do you know so much? You don't even have periods.

Om: I have two sisters....one sister had a heart attack when she got a period.

I chuckled with a smile. I knew perfectly well that sister was Prinku. She thought she had cancer when she saw the blood for the first time. She also thought that if not cancer, then it was some other disease that was going to kill her. I love her honestly!

Om: you're cute when you chuckle.

I just smiled.

Om: and you have really cute dimples.

Me: was you like this with all your girlfriends? Like did you ever compliment them randomly?

Om: only you. The exes only blabbered on about themselves plus I only wanted you, I only dated the other girls cause peer pressure and knowing that I didn't have a chance with you, guess I was wrong.

I smiled once again. He was really a sweetheart. Often to many people, Om kept this kind of image of being this tough guy who shows no mercy, doesn't have a weak side...you know like those typical boys we see on Netflix, then inside he is this sweet warm marshmallow for some people.

Me: I feel sleepy.

Om: have some cinnamon tea or coffee.

Me: I don't really want any drink.

I said as I laid on the bed in a fetal position, the phone still in my hand.

Om: do you want me to go so you can sleep peacefully?

Me: no...stay on the phone please.

Om: okay baby.

I could see that he went on his bed to lay down and also to continue talking with me.

Om: did anyone talk to you about what happened at that party?

Me: not really...when you was busy making me jealous, I got told by some girls that probably you didn't like me since you was flirting with other girls and that maybe you protecting me was just to look good.

That was true. You guys may not know this but whilst Om was busy flirting with those other girls who I will forever hate, some gossip girls told me that Om only hit those guys to look good in front of people. They also said that 'guess it wasn't meant to be'.

Om: oh god, what bitches! I would never protect someone just to look good. If I wanted to do that, my ego would be much bigger than it is.

Me: hmm making you more cocky.

Om: you love my cockiness!

Me: love is a strong word.

Om: stronger than hate?

Me: way stronger than hate.

Om: just confess it Gauri....you love me, ego and all.

Me: sure. You keep telling yourself that love.

Om rolled his eyes smiling and we continued till talk until....

Voice Gauri Kumari Sharma!

I woke up to see my mum and my phone still in my hand. Did I fall asleep on a call? Please don't say that I did...

Mum took my phone out of my hand and said: did you really decide to sleep with the phone in your hand? What was you doing on it?

Me: I was on a call.

Mum: with?

Me: a friend. Please may I have my phone back?

She gave me a look. A very strict look. Her strict look probably meant that I shouldn't have asked for my phone. But if I didn't have a phone then how could I talk to Prinku who was all the way in Germany and how could I text and talk to Om, my boyfriend who lives like 15 to 20 minutes away from me? You all see my dilemma here right?

Mum: you want your phone back? Gauri, I love you really and I also love it when my kids aren't always on these gadgets.

She better not be giving me this 'when I was a kid' talks, especially when I didn't feel good because of my periods, had a massive headache and just wanted to curl up in a little ball and hibernate.

Mum: when I was a kid, your age, we didn't have these phones. If we wanted internet access then we had to walk 65 minutes to a library! No car. No bus. No nothing. Also when I was your age, we used to communicate verbally with people, face to face, not on these screens and we focused on our studies.

Me: I know mum. You also met up with the dinosaurs.

Mum: oh hello! I am not that old.

Me: sure....

I smiled at her, trying to hold in my laugh. My mum just looked at me, less strictly. I know she was also trying not to laugh. Just then the doorbell rang.

Mum: I'll get it. You freshen up and change. Also your phone is in my custody. I will be trying to figure out your password.

I just smiled as she went downstairs. Good luck mum trying to figure out my password. You will never figure it out. You don't have a chance since it's Om's birthday but it is all backwards.

Within minutes, my mum came upstairs with something above the average small size in her hands.

Me: a hamper?

It wasn't like a massive gigantic hamper but

Mum: the delivery boy said it was for you, wonder who sent it to you. Ooooo Gauri, do you have a secret boyfriend or a secret admirer?

I got a secret boyfriend. Don't know about secret admirer though.

Me: let me see if there is a note.

She gave me the hamper and I looked for a note. I soon found a tiny note and picked it up, reading it in my head....

Note: Hey baccha, when I was doing online shopping yesterday. It wasn't for me. It was for you. I hope you like the hamper :) love your Giant xxx

Mum: sooooo who sent it to you?

I was not telling my mum that it was Om, her friend's son who just so happened to be the guy I was dating.

Me: it doesn't say...maybe it is a secret admirer.

Mum: haaye how cute! You know when I was your age, I used to get a lot of gifts from secret admirers.

Me: really? Did they send dinosaurs to deliver your gifts?

Mum: hahaha very funny. Your phone is still in my custody by the way so get ready, have breakfast and do something productive.

Me: can't I have my phone to text someone?

Mum: no!

I sighed as she left my room. Before taking a shower, I looked at the hamper he brought for me....the pads, my favourite white strawberry chocolates, a couple of rose scented candles along with a strawberry and cream scented candle, a warm hugs hot water bottle, a Ted Baker body mist and a Pretty in Pink bath bomb. It even had a cute pink teddy bear, a small one but still so so so cute. Honestly he didn't have to do any of this. He was really the most sweetest person alive.

I got up and had a shower, freshened up and changed into my comfy day clothes then went to have breakfast. My phone was in my mum's hand and I kept looking at it. I needed to communicate with Om and my darling mother was being the barrier!

Me: mum, I need my phone for school.

Mum: darling, no. I brought you a laptop and it cost me 169900 rupees! Use that macbook for your studies.

Me: why is my phone being taken from me? I don't think you gave me a reason.

Mum: because you slept with the phone in your hand. I gave you permission to let you sleep with your phone in your room on the condition that I don't see it in your hand in the morning. So one day, no phone.

Me: you are so cruel.

Mum: I am your mother darling, I am supposed to be cruel.

Inayat: but you are not cruel to me.

I gave her a look, rolling my eyes as my mum smiled at her sweetly. Why was that little girl the favourite? Okay why was my older brother and my little sister and my little brother all my mum's favourites and I am just....the couch potato.

...

It was mid-afternoon. It's been so long since I spoke to my best friend or my boyfriend. Prinku was obviously busy exploring Germany so she couldn't spend a long time on her phone but Om....was he wondering if I had died or something? Was he trying to contact me? Or was he not contacting me at all? Did he feel unappreciated by me?

Oh god, these questions were going to kill me at this moment of time.

It had just turned 4...it was evening now and I groaned in frustration. Just then the doorbell rang. Now who decided to come?

Mum from downstairs: hi Om puttar, how are you?

Om? Om was here? I got up from my bed and went downstairs to see Om at the door and my mum inviting him in. He walked in the house and looked at me on the stairs, winking at me with his million dollar smile.

Mum: do you want any drink?

Om: nahi Veena aunty, I'm fine. Do you think I can steal Gauri for a couple of hours?

Mum: well....where are you taking her?

Where was he planning to take me? That was a good question.

Om: just to a carnival. Voh all my friends are busy and Gauri is a very good friend of mine, in fact she is pretty much family....

That man was such a good actor.

Om: and one must not enjoy moments alone right Veena aunty? Also she deserves a nice evening out.

Mum: of course she can go with you. You're one of the only people I trust with this mad girl.

I rolled my eyes at her as I walked by her and stood next to Om. Oh god, I felt so short next to him. Why the hell was he so damn tall?

He spoke for a couple minutes with my mum then we both went out in the car.

Om: I have been calling and texting you all day. Why the fuck was your phone switched off?

Me: jeez Om...no 'hi how are you', 'baccha I missed you'...just straight away to interrogation.

Om: fine, hi baccha how are you? You feeling any pain?

I shook my head and simply said that I was fine then his interrogation started: now why was your phone switched off?

Me: mum took my phone. I didn't know that she switched it off sorry babe. Oh and thank you for the sweet hamper.

Om: your welcome baccha and why did she take it away?

Me: because I fell asleep with it in my hand so yeah. Did I actually sleep on the call?

Om: yeah you did. It was so adorable. I just started to say some sweet things to sleeping you.

Me: like.....?

Om: should have been awake to listen.

He tapped the tip of my nose and focused on the road.

Me: rude much.

Om: love you baccha.

Me: I kinda love you giant.

Om: kinda?

Me: yeah.

Om: we both know you fully love me.

Me: you wish.

Om chuckled and soon we reached the carnival car park and went out of the car.

The sky was dotted with a few candy-floss clouds. The entrance could be seen in the distance and the long queues edged forward slowly. Customers were becoming increasingly excited and impatient as they took a few steps forward every so often. Faint music could be heard from beyond the tall gates with the occasional happy scream suddenly piercing the air. Closer to the entrance and the massive structures of the rides could be seen: a rollercoaster, a big wheel, a helter skelter. Below, younger children stood watching, eating their sweets and snacks. Ice creams wobbled perilously over the cones and dripped down their small fingers as they melted; some munched on brightly coloured balls soft sugar strands that dissolved on the tongue - sweeter than sweet and sticking to the teeth better than glue. A few ate too much and complained to their mummies and daddies....

As we waited in the queue, we kept stealing glances and blushes off each other.

Om: think they will let you on any ride with your height?

Me: haha. Surely they will. I'm not that short.

Om: whatever you say baccha.

I rolled my eyes as he kept his arm around me and pulled me close to his side. I felt this warm and fuzzy feeling when he did that. He bent his head down and kissed the top of my head. I smiled at him. He was really adorable.

.

.

.

So so so sorry for a boring chapter and late update. I will start now to update more often.

There is a job application for you all...I want a reminder like someone who will remind me if needed to update this book❤️❤️❤️

Love you all and I hope you will enjoy the carnival chapter next. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 4.1K 20
the play boy ommkara singh oberoi.. who never fall for any girl.. fall in love with ishana malhotra.. who make him realise the real meaning of love...
15.9K 1.2K 22
this story is based on friendship and relationships..... and it comes to this.. one girl and a boy... weds for rescuing their best friends.....from p...
1.8K 187 4
She was exhausted. And her husband's friend was the breaking point. Now the couple don't want to talk to one another. Will their kids help them out. ...
24.5K 1.9K 14
Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there is no reason to continue. When Omkara Singh...