TWD: Last (Clementine X Male...

By Burning_Poppy

Life is great for once. Tragic events have become rare. But in this world, things never stay like that. It's... More

Marinus-1
Marinus-2
Marinus-3
Marinus-4
Marinus-5
Marinus-6
Marinus-7
Marinus-8
Marinus-9
Marinus-10
Marinus-11
Marinus-12
Marinus-13
Marinus-14
Marinus-15
Marinus-16
Marinus-17
Marinus-18
Marinus-19
Marinus-20
Marinus-21
Marinus-22
Project V-1
Marinus-23
Marinus-24
Marinus-25
Marinus-26
Marinus-27
Marinus-28
Marinus-29
Marinus-30
Project V-2
Espionage-1
Espionage-2
Espionage-3
Espionage-4
Espionage-5
Espionage-6
Espionage-8
Espionage-9
Espionage-10
Espionage-11
Espionage-12
Espionage-13
Thanksgiving Special
Espionage-14
Espionage-15
Espionage-16
Espionage-17
Espionage-18
Espionage-19
Espionage-20
Espionage-21
Espionage-22
Espionage-23
Espionage-24
Espionage-25
Espionage-26
Espionage-27
Project V-3
Decimation-Prologue
Decimation-1
Decimation-2
Decimation-3
Decimation-4
Decimation-5
Decimation-6
Decimation-7
Decimation-8
Decimation-9
Decimation-10
Decimation-11
Decimation-12
Decimation-13
Decimation-14
Decimation-15
Decimation-16
Decimation-17
Decimation-18
Decimation-19
Decimation-Epilogue
Book 3
Solitude

Espionage-7

302 19 43
By Burning_Poppy

Marina

It's almost morning, and I still haven't slept. I hate having to sleep during the day, but I might have to. Mom and Dad are still in the kitchen, talking. I don't know what about, but it's important. They told Cia and me not to come in unless there's an emergency.

Cia fell asleep a few hours ago. I led her to a spare room we have. She's supposed to be guarding, but I thought it would be good for her. I told her I would keep watch and wake her up if anything went down. She was starting to annoy me anyway... Maybe I'm not that much more sociable than Dad.

The front door opens, and I sit up a little straighter. I check the table next to me for my knife and wait... It's Brooklyn. She walks in and sits down. There's some blood on her face, her hands are bloodied and red, and she looks exhausted.

Me: Fun night?

She laughs.

Brooklyn: Sure.

Me: Did you find anything out?

She sighs.

Brooklyn: Nope. Wouldn't say a word.

Me: That sucks.

Brooklyn: Where's Clem and Y/N?

Me: In the kitchen, talking about something important.

Brooklyn: Alright.

She gets up.

Me: You can't go in there.

Brooklyn: Why not?

Me: They asked that no one bother them.

Brooklyn: They'll be fine if I go in there.

Me: They asked-

Brooklyn: I don't care what they asked. I'm ready to go to sleep.

She starts walking towards the door. I hurry over and get in front of her.

Me: They asked.

She smiles at me.

Brooklyn: Come on, let me teach you something.

She puts her hands on my shoulders, turns me around, and starts pushing me forward.

Brooklyn: They may have asked, but they can stop talking for just a minute.

Just before she gets us to the door, it opens. Dad is standing in it.

Dad: Hello.

Brooklyn: Hey, bud, let's talk.

Dad: I was just coming to get you guys.

Me: Really?

Dad: And I heard you talking about coming in. Word of advice, Marina. Don't get in her way.

Brooklyn: Listen to your old man.

She walks past him.

Dad: She wouldn't hurt you, though. She's a pussy.

Brooklyn: You are what you eat.

Dad: Don't say that.

Dad does a full-body eye roll as he turns back into the kitchen. I follow him in and pick a seat around the table.

Brooklyn: So, what are we in for?

She kicks her legs up on the table and takes a bite out of some food she grabbed before sitting down.

Dad: You'll have to wait for everyone else to get here.

Brooklyn: Boooo.

Mom: Did you find anything out, Brooklyn?

Brooklyn: Nope. She didn't feel like talking.

Dad: Is she still alive?

Brooklyn: Barely.

Mom: We don't need her anymore.

Brooklyn: You want me to kill her?

Mom: Whatever you feel is best.

Brooklyn: Alright.

Slowly, people file in; AJ, Ruby, Louis, Allison, Day... We're having an important meeting.

Dad: Thanks for showing up, guys. Especially on such short notice.

Louis: We assumed it was serious with everything that happened last night.

Mom: It is.

Louis: Spill the beans.

Mom: We got them last night. They broke in here, and Y/N chased them out.

Dad points to his cheek.

Dad: You should see the other guy... Or girl.

Mom: She was here to kill us two.

Day: She killed someone, but it wasn't you.

Day, the leader of the scavengers. They go around, find useful things, and bring them back. They hunt some too.

Dad: We think she did that because she was spotted and nothing deeper. Definitely wanted us two dead.

Mom: We know where she's from and why.

Allison: You're about to drop some bad news.

Allison is the leader of the farms. She has the least amount of people under her out of everyone else, but she's just as vital. Without her, food would be a lot harder to come by.

Mom: Four is planning an attack. Their idea was to take us out and then come in for the kill.

Brooklyn: At least it isn't a surprise anymore.

Mom: That brings us to the next issue. They're rallying other communities in the alliance.

Aj: Which ones?

Mom: We don't really know. But some within our alliance refuse to join them.

Brooklyn: Have them fight with us.

Mom: That is the plan.

Allison: So what are we doing about it?

Dad: You, Allison, are going to go about your regular duties. Make sure that if the need arises, we have plenty of food.

Allison: Got ya covered.

She winks. I think she's always had a thing for Dad, but he doesn't notice.

Dad: Aj, just keep doing what you do. Defend the community.

Aj: I'll have people go on patrol more often and keep everyone a little more vigilant.

Dad: Good. Louis.

Louis perks up. He's in charge of keeping the community happy. He organizes feasts, or festivities, or events. Really whatever he's feeling.

Dad: Keep the people's spirits up. They're going to need it.

Louis: Got it.

He shoots a finger gun at Dad. Again, Dad ignores.

Dad: Day, be on the lookout for anything suspicious while you're out doing your thing. If you spot anything, get it back here.

Day: Gotcha.

Dad: Clementine and I are going to head to some communities we think are refusing to side with Four, see if we can sway them to help us.

Louis: You're both leaving?

Dad: Yes.

Allison: What happens if we're attacked while you're gone? Or you get killed?

Mom: You all are more than capable of carrying on without us.

Dad: I don't plan on dying, and we'll be back before they attack. I give it a few weeks before they're ready.

Brooklyn: What am I doing?

Dad: Oh yeah. You are going to go to Four and see what information you can dig up. And sabotage them as best you can.

Brooklyn: Sounds like fun.

Dad looks at me.

Dad: You're going with her.

Me: I'm what?

I thought I was just in here to observe. I guess not.

Brooklyn: You sure about that?

Dad nods.

Brooklyn: Finally letting her spread her wings a bit, huh?

Dad: I think she's ready for a little more responsibility.

He smiles at me. I don't know what to think; I'm nervous but excited. He's giving me a chance to prove myself. This isn't like when I ran away to go to the city. They're counting on me.

Dad: Unless you don't want to go.

My face must show how nervous I am because his face turns sympathetic.

Me: No, no. I want to.

Brooklyn: Awesome. Got me a new partner since you never want to go kick asses with me anymore.

She's jabbing at Dad. They used to do these kinds of things a lot together, but he's stopped over the years. Deciding to stay home more often.

Dad: I wouldn't say it's a permanent thing.

Brooklyn: Don't worry, papa bear, I'll keep her safe.

Day: Are we good?

Dad: I think so. You guys know about all we know. We'll inform you if anything else comes up.

Allison: When are you guys leaving?

Mom: Tomorrow.

Tomorrow. The anticipation is going to kill me.

One by one, the meeting clears out. Aj is the last one.

Aj: We need to reschedule our dinner.

He leans down and hugs Mom. Would we consider him my brother? I've never asked, but it doesn't matter. He acts like a big brother.

Mom: Yes, I want to know what you were going to tell us.

I can hear in her voice that she thinks she knows.

Dad: Next week sometime, before we get attacked.

Aj: Deal.

They shake hands.

Aj: Good luck, Marina.

Me: Thanks.

Aj: Alright, I'll see you guys around.

Dad: You're in charge while we're gone.

Dad tells him as Aj starts to walk toward the door.

Aj: I know.

When the door is shut, Brooklyn slings an arm over my shoulder and puts her weight on me.

Brooklyn: This is gonna be fun.

Me: It's not supposed to be.

Brooklyn: You're too much like your Dad. Loosen up a little bit.

Dad pushes her playfully.

Dad: No more jokes about me.

Brooklyn: See, look at him, he's got a stick up his ass.

Dad: Brooklyn.

Mom: She's right.

Dad: You've seen my ass. There's no stick up there.

Mom: There was that one ti-

Dad: CLEM!

He grabs her and covers her mouth. She giggles.

Brooklyn: Please tell me more.

Dad: It was her idea.

Brooklyn: You let her-

Dad: Let's not talk about this... Ever again.

Brooklyn and I start laughing at him.

He lets go of Mom, and she smiles at him.

Dad: What?

Mom: You're cute when you're embarrassed.

Dad: Shut up. I'm going to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 152 13
Family dead. Friends dead. Death is pretty fucking common the last few years. You have roamed alone for a while now. Trust is hard to give.. or get...
16.7K 443 48
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF TELLTALES CHARACTERS OR GAMES. In these stories I'm gonna make Clem more emotional because unlike the games she has someone to t...
7.1K 410 11
How could fire be such a creator of life yet a destroyer? We breathe oxygen, drink water, and live on an earth full of green. But flames can take all...
24.4K 433 51
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF TELLTALES CHARACTERS OR GAMES. In these stories I'm gonna make Clem more emotional because unlike the games she has someone to t...