Every Little Lie | IwaOi

By rvera_

Every time his soulmate lies, the words appear on Iwaizumi's left wrist. Every time his soulmate lies, the w... More

1. "ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴄᴀᴋᴇ!"
2. "ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ."
3. "ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘʟᴀɴs ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ."
4. "ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ."
5. "ʏᴜᴘ. ʟᴏᴏᴋs ᴛᴀsᴛʏ."
6. "ᴛᴇʟʟ ʜᴇʀ ɪ'ᴍ sᴏʀʀʏ."
7. "ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍᴏᴍ sᴇᴇᴍs ɴɪᴄᴇ."
𝟾. "ɪᴛ's ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ, ɪᴡᴀ-ᴄʜᴀɴ."
9. "ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ."
10. "ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ."
11. "ʏᴏᴜ sᴍᴇʟʟ ɢᴏᴏᴅ."
12. "ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ғɪɴᴇ."
13. "ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ."
14. "ɪ'ᴍ ᴏᴋᴀʏ."
15. "sʜᴇ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ʙᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴜᴄʜ."
16. "ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ."
17. "ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ'ꜱ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ!"
17.5
18. "ɪ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ."
19. "ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ʜᴏᴛ."
21. "ɪ'ᴍ ᴋɪᴅᴅɪɴɢ, ɪᴡᴀ-ᴄʜᴀɴ."
22. "ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ."
23. "ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ."
24. "ɴᴏ, ʜᴇ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ."
25. ".. ɪ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴛᴀʏ?"
26. "ɪ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ!"
EP1.
EP2.
EP3.

20. "ɪ ɢᴜᴇꜱꜱ ꜱᴏ."

16.8K 772 918
By rvera_

Oikawa has come to a resolution.

It was some time after two in the morning. He's currently sitting out on the little balcony attached to Iwaizumi's apartment. Freshly showered, he's dressed in borrowed clothes; the white suit from earlier had been tossed to the trash.

Originally, their driver was supposed to take them back to the glorious Mori Mansion, but Oikawa had declared that he rather get hit by a car than to return to that hellhole, so Iwaizumi convinced the driver to take them elsewhere.

Elsewhere ended up being Iwaizumi's apartment. When first suggested, Oikawa found it an awful idea. He almost rather sleep outside for the night, but Iwaizumi seemed pretty set on the destination so Oikawa rolled his eyes and made only a few comments about how soulmate isn't controlmate.

And yet, this is the first time in weeks he's been able to breathe so clearly. The night had cooled considerably since earlier, and the occasional gusts would leave trails of goosebumps on his skin.

He breathed in the early morning air, a trace of a smile on his lips.

The patio door behind him opened, but he didn't turn around because he knew it was only Iwaizumi.

"Oikawa."

He hummed in response.

"I'm sorry."

His smile grew a little more prominent. "Me too," he said softly.

"No. I'm sorry for how I acted tonight," said Iwaizumi. "I shouldn't have yelled at you like that, and I shouldn't have left you there. If I would've just stayed and listened to you, none of this would've happened."

Oikawa turned his body so he was facing his soulmate. Iwaizumi was staring at the ground.

"I'm sorry," repeated the spiky-haired male. "It's my fault."

Oikawa stood and took small steps towards the male. Wrapping his arms around Iwaizumi, he buried his face into the male's shoulder.

"Me too," he mumbled. "I'm sorry for not telling you. For keeping everything from you."

Iwaizumi slowly embraced him back. Oikawa felt the male's strong arms wrap around his torso, squeezing him with the comfort of a hundred hugs.

"I'm sorry," they both said.

Oikawa smiled and lifted his head so he could look at his soulmate.

"I guess we're both liars, huh?"

Iwaizumi smiled sheepishly. "I guess so."

Oikawa decided not to point out how that statement was a literal lie just for the sake of the moment.

They remained standing like that for a while, arms wrapped around the other until his ankle started bothering him.

He told Iwaizumi, who chuckled and helped him get seated on the ground.

"Stupid ankle," complained Oikawa. "It always messes up at the wrong time."

Iwaizumi smirked. "Told you that you should've gotten the doctor to check it out."

"And stay at the hospital longer? No thanks," he scoffed.

The smile on Iwaizumi's face faltered. It looked like the male was battling a question.

"Speak your mind, Iwa-chan," he said. "Let's be honest for once."

The spiky-haired male scratched his hair. "I don't want to pry."

Oikawa rolled his eyes sarcastically. "It's not like I'll give you top secret information that'll ruin Mr. Mori's campaign. Just ask."

"Okay."

Oikawa waited.

"Why does Mrs. Mori hate you?"

He blinked. Iwaizumi quickly rephrased his question.

"That sounded bad, sorry. I mean, why is your relationship so bad with Mrs. Mori?"

"That's a fair question."

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to," Iwaizumi quickly said.

Oikawa waved him off. "It's fine. Honestly, it's hard to remember. I think after her baby died, that's when our relationship became strained."

He watched Iwaizumi's eyebrows raise to his hairline.

"Maybe I should start with how I ended up with the Mori's." He said.

Iwaizumi nodded eagerly like a child who just got offered bed time stories.

He smiled. Cute.

"Well, my parents abandoned me when I was like three, I think. Some lady found me and sent me to an orphanage. I got adopted by this one family, but it didn't work out. They gave me back after a few months."

Iwaizumi's forehead creased. "Why? Why would they adopt and then just give you back?"

"I don't know," he answered. "I guess it's the same with my parents. They just didn't want me."

"Another family took me in again. I can't remember it very clearly, but they were bad enough that I ran away. That's when I ran into Mrs. Mori."

He took a deep breath in. "Back then, she was working as a attorney. Mr. Mori wasn't in politics yet, but was also working as a attorney."

"Power couple," whistled Iwaizumi.

Oikawa laughed. "Tell me about it. Anyways, I literally ran into her. She was walking out of some store, and I collided into her, all filthy and dirty. I ruined her dress, I'm pretty sure."

"Was she mad?" Iwaizumi whispered.

"I don't think so," he answered after a moment of thinking. "I think she was nice about it. She asked me my name and asked where my parents were. I told her that I didn't have any. Then she asked where I was living and if there was anyone caring for me."

"I was like five or six, so I don't think i answered her very well, but she took me to the police station, and there was this huge legal process thing. I can't remember much, but at the end of it, she asked if I wanted to live with her."

"And you said yes," interjected Iwaizumi.

"I said no." He corrected. "For all I knew, she would just be another family that'll eventually throw me away. She convinced me otherwise, but technically now, it's true."

"So, she wasn't always crazy?" asked Iwaizumi.

Oikawa shook his head. "She was a good mom. I was pretty happy living with her and Mr. Mori. They had always wanted a kid of their own, but Mrs. Mori couldn't get pregnant."

He exhaled tiredly. "But then she did. I remember one day I hear screaming from the bathroom, and I think something bad happened again, but it was Mrs. Mori. Her pregnancy test came back positive, and she was so happy."

"This was when Mr. Mori got into politics, and he started coming home less, but when he found out that she was pregnant, he tried his best to come home every day. I remember Mrs. Mori would spend hours looking for baby decor and planning out the nursery. I think that was the happiest time in her life."

"But what about you?" Iwaizumi asked, concerned. "Don't tell me she started to ignore you."

"Surprisingly, no. She took me shopping with her and honestly spoiled me rotten during that time. I was happy for her, but a part of me was nervous that I would lose their attention. I was like seven at the time."

"Understandable."

"Right," he smiled bitterly. "She picked out a name when we found out the baby was going to be a boy. She spent hours picking that name, I remember. Hours."

"And everything was fine, really. The doctor said she and the baby were healthy. I'm not sure what changed or what happened but on her due date, it was a stillbirth. I remember hearing her scream in labor, but then her screams after were—" Oikawa stopped, shivering from the memory.

Iwaizumi grabbed his hand, squeezing it. "That's terrible."

"It gets worse," he told the male. "After her pregnancy loss, she started drinking. Mrs. Mori never touched alcohol before, but she really started drinking after."

"Mr. Mori's politic career kicked off, so he was rarely home. Even after the baby died, he came home maybe once. I didn't know how to comfort her at the time, and she became really cold to me. We would go days without talking, but I could always hear her crying."

A strong gust of wind swept through the air, howling.

"She obviously needed help. But I couldn't do anything, and Mr. Mori was never home. The day that it really got bad," he paused for a moment to swallow the bile coming up his throat, "there was an article about Mr. Mori sleeping with another woman. I think that was her breaking point."

"It started with name calling. Then little smacks until they were punches and then the kicking and the screaming all followed. I thought this was my way to give her some comfort, so I didn't say anything to Mr. Mori. But it's not like I could have."

He sighed. "The article turned out to be fake, but the damage was done. Some time along the years I started calling her a witch. Now I wonder if she really deserves that name."

Iwaizumi was speechless for words, so he continued on.

"I think I'm just a curse of bad luck. Nothing good has come out of people being by my side."

"Don't say that, Oikawa," scolded the spiky-haired male. "I'm glad you're here, and I'm glad you're by my side."

Oikawa didn't hear his soulmate, too lost in his own thoughts that he said aloud, "I think things would be better if I wasn't here."

Someone grabbed his wrist which pulled him out of his mind. Oikawa stared bewilderedly at Iwaizumi.

"Don't say that," pleaded his soulmate. "Don't lie."

Oikawa raised an eyebrow. "I'm not lying, Iwa-chan."

Hi, I hate this chapter but it's fine 😌 hope you're all doing well.

Anyways, how are we feeling about the Mori's now? 🤔

Until next time.. take care!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35.5K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
748K 38.6K 107
(Completed) Falling in love was easy; keeping it wasn't. We started off as friends. Slowly we realised we liked each other. Then a kiss. Which turne...
8.1K 145 15
In A Sunset's Last Sunset, you saw what would happen if The Canterlot High Girls never forgave Sunset Shimmer, and her tragic upbringing. But what dr...
120K 4.9K 50
𝙎𝙖𝙠𝙪𝙨𝙖 𝙭 𝘼𝙩𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙪 ➪ 𝙈𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙨 𝘼𝙪 Sakusa Kiyoomi goes to message his cousin, Motoya Komori, but accidentally sends the message to...