The Story of Number Five and...

By NiveaAPacheco

TRAUMATIC ADVENTURE SEEKS THE BLUE EYED WOMAN The birth name given to her was, Jade. But, she preferred to be... More

the story of number five and number eight
Chapter One: The Two Best Friends
Chapter Two: Traveling To The Future
Chapter Three: An Unexpected New Life
Chapter Four: Working at the Commission
Chapter Five: Back Home
Chapter Six: Istanbul, Not Constantinople
Chapter Seven: The Glass Eye
Chapter Eight: Delores
Chapter Nine: Trying To Save The World
Chapter Ten: Drunk As Skunks
Chapter Eleven: New Plan
Chapter Twelve: The New Job At The Commission
(𝙰/đ™Ŋ) ℕ𝕠 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡đ•Ĩ𝕖đ•Ŗ, 𝕤𝕠đ•Ŗđ•Ŗđ•Ē!
Chapter Thirteen: The Day Comes To Rewind
Chapter Fourteen: The Search For Harold Jenkins
Chapter Fifteen: The Murder Mystery Is Solved
Chapter Sixteen: Vanya - The Not So Ordinary
Chapter Seventeen: Secrets Are Out!
Chapter Nineteen: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚅𝚒𝚘𝚕𝚒𝚗
SEQUEL â€ĸ together always â€ĸ

Chapter Eighteen: Is This The End?

1.1K 15 1
By NiveaAPacheco

Eight's POV:

I came back inside and walked to the living room, I was limping at little cause of the stitches. I saw Five, Diego, and Klaus. I sat on the couch.

"The bastard that nearly killed our sisters still out there, with Vanya," Diego reminded. "We need to go find her."

Diego turned around and saw me, "Eight? What are you doing up? You should be resting," Diego said. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah? Well, I'm fine. Nothing to worry about," I reassure. Trying my best not to show the pain on my side.

"Diego's right, you need to rest and Vanya is not important right now," Five piped in. I look at him in annoyance.

"Hey, that's your sister. A little heartless even for you, Five," Diego pointed out. I agreed.

"I'm not saying I don't care about her, but if the apocalypse happens today, she dies along with the seven billion of us," Five explained. I sighed, not knowing how to tell them that Vanya had powers.

"Harold Jenkins is out first priority."

"I agree. Let's go," Diego said. I got up.

"Ah, ah, ah. Where do you think you're going?" Five asked me with crossed arms.

"Going to find Harold Jenkins with you guys," I say in a 'duh' tone.

"No, you are staying here," Five claimed.

"Excuse me? Says who?" I cross my arms.

"Says your boyfriend. You are not in the right condition to go out, right now," He explains. I scoff.

"Okay, Mr. Overprotective. I can still take care of myself. I don't need protection. I not a kid, Five," I remind.

"I know that, I just don't want you getting hurt than you already are. I want you safe," His face softened. I sigh.

"I know, but I want you safe too. So please, I promise I'll be extra careful," I grab his hands.

He looked at me before sighing in defeat.

"Fine."

"Yes! Love you," I say as I peck him on the lips before walking out.

"You guys count me out," We turn to face him in confusion, "I mean, no offense or whatever. It's just... I kind of feel like this is a whole lot of pressure for newly-sober me, so..."

"You're coming," Diego claimed.

"No, no, no. I mean, we can all agree that my power's... I mean, it's pretty much useless. I'd just be holding you guys back," He tried to reason.

"Klaus, get up," Five instructed.

"You can't make me," Klaus spat.

I roll my eyes in annoyance as I create a glass shard at threw it on the couch between Klaus' legs.

They all looked at me in surprise.

"Oh, then again, a little exercise couldn't hurt," Klaus quickly changed his mind.

I held my hand out as the shard flew back in my hand, "Thank you, Klausy," I smile as I make the shard disappear. We all start to walk out.

-------------------------------------------------------

Eight's POV:

We made it to Harold Jenkins house and saw something really surprising and very disturbing. Harold Jenkins was laying of the floor, with all kinds of thing stabbed in his body. Blood everywhere. I grimace.

"It's not exactly what I was expecting," Klaus said as he looked at the corpse.

"The understatement of the year," Five protests.

"No sign of Vanya."

"Let's get out of here, before the cops come," Diego said as him and Klaus began to walk out.

"In a minute," Five says as he kelts next to the body. He pulls out the eye and rips of the bandage off Harold.

"Come on, Five, what are you..." Diego didn't finish his sentence as Five put the eye inside the socket. I literally felt like throwing up.

"Ugh, wow," Klaus said sarcastically.

"Same eye color, same pupil size. Guys this is it. The eye me and Eight have been caring around for decades— It's found its rightful home," Five explained as he took the eye out.

Oh? He plans on keeping it. Totally not disgusting.

"We got the guy we needed to kill to stop the apocalypse," Diego said.

"Yay! Let's go," Klaus smiled before starting to walk out, but Diego stopped him.

"Wait! Think about this, it can't be that easy," I say.

"Eight's right. Look, this is the note that we got from the Commission. The one that says "Protect Harold Jenkins," aka Leonard Peabody," Five explained.

"Yeah?" Diego understood.

"But who killed him? Who did this?" Five asked.

My eyes widen, finally realizing, "Vanya," I mutter so one would hear me.

"I have a crazy idea. Crazy, but why don't we find Vanya..." I didn't get to hear Klaus finish since Five grabbed my hand and spacial jump back to the academy.

————————————————————————

Eight's POV:

We searched for Vanya as we headed up stairs.

"No sign of Vanya," Five sighed.

"She not in any of the rooms," Diego said.

"She's not downstairs, either," Klaus walked to us.

"Well, I'm out," Diego says beginning to walk away.

"Wait. Wait. Wait..." Klaus trailed off as he saw Diego walk away.

"Where are you going?" Me and Five asked in unison.

"Vanya's still out there and so are Hazel and Cha-Cha," Five reminded.

"I know. I'm gonna get my thing then I'm outta of here. I got some unfinished business with those fools," Diego explains as he walks out. I sighed in annoyance.

"Hey, did Dad say anything about the apocalypse when you spoke to him?" Five asked Klaus, "Any clues as to how it happened?"

"No. No clues. Truly terrific shave. But no clues," Klaus explained. We just look at him.

"Jeez," Five sighed as he walked down stairs with me following him.

"You know, come to think of it, he did mention something about my potential, and how I've barely even scratched the surface of my——"

"How did he know about the apocalypse?" Five asked cutting off Klaus.

"I don't know, but listen. This whole jumping through time thing of yours, how did you... How did you know how to do that?" Klaus asked. I scoffed.

"I didn't. You'd realize that if you were actually sober," Five spat as we walked past him.

"Hey, I am sober. I've been sober for two—— almost two days now," Klaus protested.

"Yeah, two days," Five did a sarcastic smile.

"It feels like 45 years," Klaus said. I scoffed again. Who the heck is he kidding?

"Who are you kidding, Klaus? I've seen you fidgeting all day," Five looked at the man.

"Well, I guess we're both fighting our addictions, then," Klaus walked towards Five.

"I'm not an addict," Five cleared out.

"Yeah, you are. You're addicted to two drugs called the apocalypse and Number Eight," Klaus said.

"Klaus," I sighed not wanting to hear more drama.

"You're wrong," Five disagreed a little too quickly.

"First sign. Denial," Klaus pointed his finger before turning the other direction. Five spacial jumped in front of him. I groan.

"You and I, we're not the same," Five pointed his finger.

"I've seen that look on the eye of someone who doesn't know who they are without their high anymore. Trust me. You gotta just let it go," Klaus explained.

Suddenly, Five threw the eye at a wall causing it to shatter to pieces. My eyes widen in surprise.

"Figuratively, but yeah, that works, too. Now, time for Number Eight," Klaus says.

"Forget about it, Klaus!" Five exclaimed as he grabbed my hand and walked to the living room bar.

-------------------------------------------------------

Eight's POV:

Five had made margaritas for me, him, and Delores. I took a drink of mine, I loved the bittersweet taste.

"Well, do you really think we did it?" Five asked me as he gave Delores her margarita, "Think we actually stopped the apocalypse?"

"Well, we did get our person and everything seems to be normal so, yeah," I say taking another drink.

"Now what?" Five asked as he faced Delores. "I don't know. I'm open to suggestion."

"I don't know either, to be honest. We've been going on about this thing for so long, never really thought about the after. Honestly, I don't care what we do as long as I'm here with you," I smile as Five.

He smiled back as he leaned in and kissed my lips. We both smile in the kiss. When we pull away a sudden knock was heard at the door.

"Eh, I'll get it," Five said as he stood up with his drink and walked to the front door. I waited with Delores. I heard faint voices at the door.

Then, Five came back with Hazel following behind with a pistol.

"Is he here to kill us?" I ask as Five sat next to me.

"Oh. Shit. Sorry. Old habits," Hazel said as he put the pistol in his back pocket, "Well, I can understand why you two might feel that way, you know... "

Five took another sip before saying, "Well, you attacked are house, tried to kill my family, kidnapped my brother, and shot my girlfriend," Five reminded, remembering when he had to stitch my side after being shot by Hazel. I might still hold a grudge on that.

"Well, there's not much I can do about the past. Don't forget, I'm not the only killer in this room. You two have your own bloody history. Speaking of which, that you guys did in Calhoun, that shits legendary. Can't believe I'm actually sittin' here talkin' to you two, after all--" Five cut Hazel's fan moment off.

"Hazel, why are you here?" He asked.

"Well, I'm, you know--"

Suddenly, Diego came in and pushed Hazel to the floor with his foot.

"Diego!" I shout.

"Diego, stop!" Five exclaimed.

Diego did a flip and began kicking and punching Hazel.

"You know, before you kill him, you might what to hear what he has to say," Five said, but he didn't stop. Hazel began to fight back.

"I'm gonna kill you for what you did to Patch," Diego says as he pulls a knife out.

"Or don't. See how that goes," I shake my head as I take another drink.

"Come on!" Hazel shouts as he hols up Diego's arm. Diego used his free hand to stab Hazel with his knife.

Me and Five hiss as we squint our eyes.

"Right in the leg," I sigh.

"That's gotta hurt," Five says. I nod in agreement.

Hazel pulls out the knife, and Diego continues to fight him. We watch as they punch and kick each other. Then, Diego bit Hazel ear, causing him to scream in pain.

"Ugh," I groan in disgust.

Five spacial jumps away a reappears behind Diego and break a glass object on his head, causing him to faint.

"I draw the line at biting. Hazel, whatever you came here to say, I suggest to make it quick, before he comes around," Five explains as he sits down next to me.

"I left my partner, quit the Commission, came to volunteer," Hazel say removing some glass off him.

"For what?" I ask as I use my powers to get the glass if his shoulders. He look at me in surprise.

"You have another power?" He asks.

"Yes, and you were saying?" I bring him back on topic.

"Oh, to help stop the apocalypse," He finishes.

Me and Five chuckle.

"What on earth could be so funny you two right now?" Hazel asks in unbelief.

"Before we answer that, why did you want to help us?" Five asked.

"Let's the say I have vested interest in a doughnut shop," Hazel answers. I smile. Sweet.

"Well, I hate to break the to you, pal, but you're a day late and a dollar short. That fact that you're here right now means, without a shadow of the doubt, that the apocalypse is over," Five smiles.

"Really? How do you know?" He asked.

"The mark is dead. Found him this morning. You were the last known unknown left in the equation," Five explains.

"Shit. Really?"

"Mm-hmm. And if you're out, then Hellrider ain't riding."

"Oh! All right," Hazel puts his arms up, feeling happy. He then sat next to me and Five, drinking some of the margarita in the blender. Me and Five also took another drink.

"So now what?" Hazel asked.

"You know, to be honest, we don't know," Five confessed.

"We've been chasing this thing for so long, we... we never really thought about the day after," I chuckle before turning to Hazel, "What about you?"

"I'm done with all this madness. Time to start over. You two should do the same."

"That's easier said then done," Five says, I nod in agreement.

"It doesn't have to be hard. I mean, think about it like this. If you never time traveled, you never got caught up with the Handler, what would have happened?" Hazel asked us.

Five turned to see an unconscious Diego before turning back, "I guess we would have grown up to be emotionally stunted adult-children like everybody else around here," Five explains.

"Literally," I agree.

"Well, there you go. Now you can grow up. Good luck to both of you. I hope you two have a wonderful and long relationship," Hazel says before getting up to leave.

"Hazel. One more thing before you go," Five says turning around.

"Shoot."

"Which one of you was the trigger man for Detective Patch?" He asked.

"Trigger woman."

"Huh. That's too bad. That gun could have cleared my brother's name," Five sighed.

"Well, today's your lucky day, amigo," Hazel pulls out two gun from his back pocket and placing them on the table, "Take 'em both. I'm done with this life."

With that Hazel left.

I sigh as I put my head on Five's shoulder, he lays his head in my head.

"I love you," I whisper while playing with my tiny umbrella.

"I love you too," Five whispers back.

(Word Count: 2,317)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 12 26
Aleya Hargreeves had never felt normal in her life, especially having five brothers and two sisters that were born on the same day as her, but not re...
128K 1.8K 36
You and five were best friends adopted by the same father. You are known as number eight your powers with the same as five space and time travel. One...
591K 10.6K 30
"Cute husband you have. Always cares about his family," The Handler says as she puts on her sunglasses. "Why don't you try and get a husband of your...
7.8K 131 52
{Five Hargreeves x Reader} You obviously are looking through the eyes of yourself, Y/n (and sometimes Five). I would go through all the tiny details...