Riverdale: Kado

By Hatelifewriter33

Kado is 19 years old and an outcast. Her father was the head of the serpents but they kicked her out after sh... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
Criminal Minds
52
53
54
55
Law and Order SVU
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
70
71
Dexter
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
Riverdale: Prom
81
82
83
84
85
86

69

540 8 8
By Hatelifewriter33

Barba's POV:
I head down to the jail cell where Lewis is being held and offer him a plea deal.

"4 to 7 years? Nah!" He scoffs shaking his head.

"Let's hear him out Billy." The lawyer says and he sits down.

"You'll plead to 3rd degree sexual assault and larceny." I explain.

"What? The camera? She gave that to me!" Lewis scoffs.

"Shut up Lewis! Just shut up." Olivia scoffs.

"Does she have to be here?" The lawyer sighs.

"No it's alright Vanessa." Lewis says as he looks at Olivia.

"If this goes to trial, we will charge you with multiple counts of first degree rape and sodomy, false imprisonment, homicide." I state and they scoff.

"She had a heart attack. My client had nothing to do with that." The lawyer scoffs.

"And I had nothing to do with her being raped." Lewis states.

"No! Your DNA was all over her apartment and body. And given her injuries I dare your lawyer claims it was consensual." Olivia says as she walks closer to Lewis.

"She was obsessed with me." Lewis says as he stares Olivia down.

"No deal. My client is not guilty." The lawyer says.

"Your client raped and tortured a cultured 60 year old woman." I scoff.

"That jury will look at your client and see him for the scum bag he is. You're insane if you think that they will let him go." Olivia states calmly.

"You see this Vanessa. I told you." Lewis laughs.

"You're right. Mr. Lewis believes that Detective Benson and SVU have a vendetta against him." The lawyer states.

"You're unbelievable." Olivia sighs.

"You've had it out for me from the get." Lewis says smirking at Olivia and staring her down.

"Don't engage Billy." His lawyer orders.

"We'll see you in court." I say and we head out.

"Wait, how is that girl doing? The one who shared her dark side with me? Is she getting the help she needs?" Lewis asks making me stop in my tracks.

"She's not the one who needs help." Olivia scoffs and walks away.

"I wouldn't be so sure, the things she whispered in my ear as she beat me were pretty dark." Lewis counters and we leave without another word.

———

We go to court and hear multiple statements.

"The apartment was a scene from Hell. Blood and the electrical chords. Implements of torture. It smelled like burnt flesh." Elliot states.

"No further questions." I say.

"That is quite a vivid description. You weren't the only one who saw the apartment, is that correct?" The defense asks.

"There were other detectives there as well as crime techs." Elliot explains.

"Wasn't there also a citizen who entered the crime scene? One that had previously engaged with my client?" The lawyer asks.

"Objection. This citizen isn't allowed to testify on her own behalf according to the courts ruling, so it would be here-say." I say standing up.

"Defense, move on." The judge orders.

The defense brings up that the victim wore glasses and at the time of the attack she wasn't so she couldn't definitively say it was Lewis who attacked her.

The lab comes back and apparently there was a mistake made with the DNA and it ends up getting thrown out. And just like that the case is declared a mistrial.

Kado's POV:
"This is so wrong!" Rollins states as we get back to the precinct after the trial.

"Don't worry...I'll stop him for good." I sneer and Olivia looks at me.

"No! You won't! And to make sure you don't, you will be staying with Detective Benson for the time being." Declan orders and I look at him not believing what he's saying.

"Sir? I don't think that's-." Olivia starts arguing.

"Wait, you really think she'd do something like that?" Rollins asks.

"There's not a doubt in my mind that she'd take the law into her own hands. Again. Olivia take the week off. That's an order! I don't want to see either of you in this station! Are we clear?!" Declan states as he stares me down.

I sigh and go with Olivia to her car and we head to her apartment.

"Look, I'm not thrilled about this either but you heard my boss. As long as you stay out of trouble I think we can make this work." Olivia states optimistically.

"Whatever. Once this week is over we can go on our separate ways." I mumble.

We pull up to the parking garage and we head to her apartment door. She gives me the keys as she gets her stuff out of her car. I unlock the door and head inside.

I turn the corner and am facing a gun. I look and see Lewis is the one holding it.

Olivia comes walking in the dining room after putting her gun away and freezes when she sees him with a gun to my head.

"Well, I wasn't expecting for you to have company but I think I'll make an exception with this one." Lewis sneers.

"Lewis let her go please!" Olivia begs.

"Olivia, say the word and I'll take him out."
I say and Lewis laughs.

"Something tells me that you're off your game." He comments and it hits me what's wrong with me. I don't have my powers anymore. I don't have the extra strength, hearing, or smelling abilities.

If I had them I wouldn't have walked into this trap. I would've heard his heartbeat and smelled his scent before I opened the door.

———a week later———

I wake up in a hospital bed and look around the room. There's a man sitting in the floor. He has his eyes closed but he's awake.

"Uh, who the fuck are you?" I ask and realize that my voice is sore and dry and he seems startled and looks over at me in shock.

"Y-you're awake...I didn't-." He says as he gets up, staring at me in awe.

"I'm sorry, I'm Derek...well technically Dr. Shepherd. Do you know who you are?" He asks and I scoff.

"Uh, yah...Kado." I say as I roll my eyes and try to get up but he stops me.

"You need to rest. Do you remember what happened?" He asks me as he hands me a cup of water and I think back and nod.

"How long have I been asleep?" I ask wanting to know what day it is.

"3 days. Not counting surgery. How do you feel?" He asks softly.

"Fine. Can I go now?" I grumble just wanting to leave.

"I thought you said you remembered what happened to you?" He asks confused but softly.

"I do. Lewis kidnapped Olivia and me and took us on a road trip for a week." I state.

"Then you should know you're in no shape to be going anywhere." He answers looking down at me.

"I've had worse." I groan as I sit up and feel a pain in my side and then realize it's from when Lewis stabbed me.

"He said you were stubborn..." He chuckles and I glare at him.

"Who?" I ask suspiciously.

"The Detective, Stabler." He answers.

"Wait, where exactly are we?" I ask realizing that I don't know where we are.

"Miami, Florida. Lewis drove-." He starts saying and I nod my head remembering how I sat in the passenger's seat as he made sure I stayed awake.

"There's someone who wanted to see you if you're up to it..." He starts saying and I see a man standing in the doorway and I recognize him immediately but act like I don't know him and he does the same.

"Kado, this is Dexter Morgan. He's the one who found you guys. He works with the Miami Metro Police department." Derek explains and I raise an eyebrow.

"Dr. Shepherd, there's a man with nails in his head." I hear a nurse shout from the hallway and he heads out of the room, leaving Dexter and I alone.

"You found me and Olivia?" I ask skeptically as he closes the door behind him and stands closer to my bed with his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, um...she was helping you stand up down the road. A woman and her daughter saw me driving by and waved me down. I caught you before you hit the ground." He explains sheepishly.

"It's funny, one minute you're trying to kill me, the next you're saving my fucking life." I chuckle and wince a bit from the pain.

"Yeah, well...things change." He shrugs and I remember when I was on his table, covered in plastic.

"I heard about your wife. I'm sorry, that really sucks." I say sincerely.

"You and I both know that neither of us really feels empathy, right?" He questions with a smirk as he sits down in the chair next to the bed.

"Yah, but I also know what it's like to lose someone that I was close to." I sigh and he nods his head.

"So, besides being kidnapped by psychopaths, what have you been up to?" He asks casually.

"Oh you know...being the normal pain in the ass to everyone around me." I chuckle and he smiles a genuine smile.

There's a knock on the door and he gets up but no one is there. He brings a package back with him and it has a note attached to it.

"What is it?" He asks confused as he looks at the box.

"Don't know-." I start saying as I read the letter and he opens the box.

Looks like someone's playing with fire without protection. Be careful that you don't get burnt anymore than you already are...

~Daddy

I look and see dexter holding a large snow globe type of thing. But instead of a snowman or tree in the middle, it's a man being tortured in hell. The flames surround him and the liquid has a red tint to it.

"What the heck is this?" Dexter asks as he looks inside the snow globe.

"My father's idea of a get well card." I mumble and light the card on fire and watch as the ashes fall to the ground.

"I thought you said that you killed your father..." He asks confused.

"It's complicated." I grumble and I sit up a bit more.

The door opens and a female detective walks in.

"Hey Dex, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at the crime scene?" The female detective asks.

"Yeah, Sorry about that Sis, just wanted to make sure she was ok." He sighs and gets up and heads to the door.

"Wait, don't forget the evidence." I lie nodding to the snow globe not wanting it by me.

"Right. Thanks." He nods and puts it in a plastic bag.

"Evidence?" His sister asks.

"Uh, yeah. Found it in the trash at the cottage." He lies convincingly and heads out.

"So you guys are siblings?" I ask kinda surprised that they would work in the same field.

"Yeah, Dexter is adopted. I was wondering if you'd be up for some questions." She says softly as if I'm fragile.

"Ask away." I shrug and she looks at me a bit confused.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 81 78
Southside gang memeber Tall Boy has a daughter; Kassidy Stone who is living on the Northside of the small town known as Riverdale with her mother Ele...
68.7K 1.3K 20
Toni is hbic, serpents rule Riverdale High and she has everything anyone could ever want besides the whole love life thing but who needs that? Cheryl...
69.7K 2.4K 155
𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜; lack of light, evil, sadness, or lack of hope. 𝙱𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚢; the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives...
69.9K 1.8K 65
[COMPLETED] [55,000 - 60,000] Jughead and Betty argue all the time. Over the littlest things too. Jughead hated the fighting and arguing. He just wan...