Having the Billionaire's Twins

By krislegg21

Emma Kelsey did not have much hope of finding love not that it mattered to her much. She was getting out of h... More

Having the Billionaire's Twins
AN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 48

45.5K 1.7K 160
By krislegg21

'You still haven't found her?!' Jonas shouted outraged. He slammed the receiver down and scrubbed his hands over his face. Why is it so hard to find his wife and babies? It was almost two months for crying out loud.

Scowling he browse through the files on his desk but he couldn't concentrate. He was angry, frustrated and he missed his family dammit. A knock came on the door and he screamed at it 'What?'

'Is that how you greet your own brother?' William scowled in light amusument.

Jonas sighed. It has become rare, seeing his siblings after what happened. Everyone was still pissed at him, Luka was beyond it actually. 'Hey William, what can I do for you?'

'Just thought I'd stop by and see how you and the search coming? Are you any closer to finding her?' He could see the hope in his eyes. He had specially had a space in his heart for Emma and the girls and Jonas knew he loved them too. His family all loved Emma.

Jonas shook his head. God, what was he going to do? 'I’ve searched everywhere. I've been following magazines and her credit cards and everything. I don't know what else to do,' he sighed in frustration.

William took a seat across from him 'Come on man, tell me.'

'What?

'Did you cheat on her?'

Jonas heart skipped a beat at the question and he couldn't help but break eye contact. It felt like William could see the truth 'Oh my God Jonas! You didn't!' William growled coming to his feet.

Jonas shook his head 'No I did not!' He lied. He had cheated but Emma couldn't have known. Jonas had called Ariel and she had assured him that Emma hadn't seen her or anything like that. It left him confused as to why she would really run away from him.

William glared at him but he sat back down 'Because I would kill your ass if you did...'

'Whatever.' Guilt was eating at him and he had to take deep breaths just to keep above the surface of depression.

Emma frowned at the phone, biting her lips and twisting her hands. Should she? The babies were making undistinguishable noises beside her on the bed and she rubbed their tummies. They had grown so much and sadness overcame her again.

It had been hard being away from Jonas. She missed her husband no matter how much she told herself she didn't. But she had missed him even when he was around so in most ways it was the same thing. What made it especially hard was that the twins were growing and she had never wanted Jonas to miss anything. Though little really did change. She looked at them now, their hair had grown, their eyelashes a little longer. They slept more regular and feed much the same. They smile and fart a lot too.

Emma smile down at her little cherubs. She still couldn't pin point much difference as yet. Well not really, Elle seem more cheerful than Elzbeth who always only smile and look around curiously. Something tells her she was going to be very serious if not a little stuck up. Emma frowned and smile at her thoughts.

Again his mind wondered to her husband and the family she left behind. No one knew where she was. Thinking about the little cabin-like house she was in she thought about the beginning. She had went crying to Jesse and Albert, explaining how Jonas broken her heart and her trust. It had taken a lot of convincing to stop them from going after Jonas. They had finally let it go when she explain to them what she wanted. They had helped her escape and made it impossible for Jonas to find her. And she knew the drill already. No credit cards remain inconspicuous and now she had the media to look out for.

She missed her family and siting in her bedroom now she wonder if she should call. If anything she would call Hanna, her mom in law. Before she lost her nerve she took the phone and dialed the number. It rang three times before she heard the sweet voice of Hanna.

Emma held her breath and about to hang up she heard her name 'Emma? Emma! Is that you?' She wanted to slam the phone down and end the call but Hanna's desperate voice pulled at her heart 'Yeah, it's me,' she whispered. Tears came into her eyes when Hanna started crying and telling her how everyone missed her. Does that include Jonas? 'I’m fine and the babies are fine. And you?'

'I’m fine honey, Billy misses you and the girls so much Emma. Please why did you leave?'

Emma shook her head. It was still too painful to even think about 'It doesn't matter.'

'W-Will we ever see you again? What about our grandchildren?'

Emma knew it was selfish to keep the girls from them but what could she do? 'Look I got to go okay. I miss you and I love you all. Please don't tell Jonas I called.' With that Emma ended the call. She threw the pillow over her head cursing at her stupidity. Maybe she shouldn’t have called. The babies started crying beside her and took them up. They stare up at her as if they could sense her sadness, maybe the can.

She couldn’t wait for the day she can think about her husband without wanting to fall apart.

Jonas stared at Hanna, anger radiating off him 'If I had given you the phone then she would have hung up.' She explained pleadingly.

'I don’t care! You should have let me hear her voice! Anything!’ He was pacing and breathing hard ‘have you been speaking to her behind my back?' He growled.

'No this is the first time she's called and she told me not to tell you...'

Jonas ran a hand through his hair 'Great that's just fantastic.' Sighing he dropped himself on the stool. He had been visiting his mom, thinking he would be nice and have lunch with her 'Is she okay? Did she sound okay? What about the girls? Did she say when she's coming back?' He threw the questions one after the other now desperate for answers.

Hanna shook her head went about making sandwiches 'She sounded fine and she said the girls were okay. She didn't say anything as to why she left and definitely didn't say when or if she was coming back.' Silence reined for a while 'I didn't understand how she can just leave like that. Didn't she know we all loved her, she took my grandbabies,' she was chopping the lettuce rather harshly and Jonas went and took the knife from her before she hurt herself.

'I’m sorry mom.' he hugged her. His dad walked into the room and he left him to comfort his mom.

Jonas drove home, there he host a bottle of scotch and before long a couple drinks turn into many and then he was out cold.

The next day at work he was in a meeting when his phone rang. Distracted, he answered it 'Excuse me, Hello?' No one answered and he was about to end the call when he heard her.

'Hi Jonas,'

He tensed and listened carefully 'Emma?' He whispered barely believing it was her 'How are you?' He signaled for the men to leave and he sighed with relief when he was left alone.

'I just called to let you know the babies are fine and not to worry.'

'Emma, tell me where you are?' He forced out. He was getting angry. He missed her and this was becoming ridiculous.

'No Jonas. It's for the best that we don't see each other or be with each other.'

'The best? How does you keeping my babies from me the best?! I want my kids Emma! I want my wife back!' He yelled.

‘I-I…’ and the only thing he heard after that was the beeping of the dial tone in his ears. He slammed the phone down, next his head on the desk.

How could he be so stupid? The one time she called he yelled at her? What was wrong with him? 'Shit!'

It had been over three months since Emma left and Jonas had turn into a ghost of a man. He didn't smile, didn't speak to anyone much not even his own family. They were speaking to him again but he didn't feel anything.

He became reclusive and avoided any and every social situations. This one he had been unable to decline. His mom had planned an evening with just the family and she'd come by and cook a big dinner. Here he was sitting at the head of the table looking vacant as his family chatted animatedly. Conversation didn't hold much appeal to him so he ate small bites and looked on. Worried glances were cast his way repeatedly but he ignored everyone keeping his emotions in check. They were all trying to invite him into conversation but he just didn't feel anything. He could remember the last time he felt anything but pain.

Jonas wasn't stupid, he knew he wasn't well. No one should live like this, barely coping. It was not really living. He lost his wife and babies, the thought crippled him every time. What was going to happen to him? She left him behind and it hurt so much. So so much.

The investigator has been unsuccessful in finding her and he had just given up. With Jesse and Albert, it was useless. 'Yeah Jonas, do you remember when we went on that ski trip right before you left for the military?' Luka asked. Jonas looked at his younger brother. They had made up a couple weeks back at a barbecue his dad had host.

Before Jonas could put much effort into answering, the doorbell rang. He didn't expect anyone and his sister gave him a glare before she left to answer it.

A few minutes later he heard Ariel's voice as she chatted with Arlene 'Hey guys.' Jonas did not acknowledge her. He had been avoiding her, and really hadn't seen her since that day. He took a swig of his beer and looked straight ahead. His eyes connected with his fathers and he had to look away. 'Hi Jonas,' he gave her a mordant nod before taking another drink. The room was silent until his mom clapped her hands and issue out orders to get Ariel a plate.

'Why don't you sit next to Jonas...'

'No!' He muttered ignoring the shock faces. He and Ariel had been buddies for long; they were always closer than the rest.

To avoid the awkwardness, he guess, Ariel distracted everyone by railing about some non-sense. He was vaguely aware that she went and sits next to his sister two chairs down.

The dinner continued and he was getting fed up of everyone trying to pull him into cheerful conversation. The doorbell rang once before they heard the door opening.

Who the hell was that?

When he didn't move as fast, except for Ariel, his family all bustled up and ran past him. Jonas frankly didn't care as he left the kitchen and walked into the foyer with every intension of going to his bedroom. He heard excited screams and figure it was one of Arlene's friends.

He heard baby noises where everyone was crowded by the door. Jonas stopped, his heart jumping and making it impossible to hear. It was beating a rapid tattoo in his chest. He first saw Elizabeth being lifted into the air by Grant in her pink jumper and matching pink tam. Her hair was sticking out of it and the hat barely stayed on her head. Then he heard the excited squeal of Elle Rose as she was spin around.

His eyes watered as he stared at his daughters laughing in delight. Everyone then turn to look at him, joy plastered on all their faces. In one they parted so he could see Emma. A gasp escaped him as he took in how beautiful she was. She had cut her hair, once it had past her breast now it rest above it. He figured it would reach in the middle of her back rather than on top of her butt like before. She looked marvelously curved, as the weight she had gained from her pregnancy was now toned in all the right places. She still looked a little tiny though and oh so delicate. She was staring at him, her so beautiful face captivating him all over again.

He didn't realize he had moved forward and was now standing in front of her 'So beautiful...' He whispered cupping her face. Jonas wrapped his arms around her and gathered her to his chest. His body sagged in relief that she was back with him.

It was then he realized something. Emma wasn't hugging him back, her hands hung loosely at her side. Didn't she miss him at all? Did she still love him? He released her and looked into her eyes. Instead of the heated passionate look he always see, the love he would see in her eyes after he kissed her, It was a look of hatred. He gasped and was about to step back when she pull his head down. Jonas thought she was going to kiss him but how wrong he was 'Don't ever touch me again.' She whispered.

It was like throwing cold water over his head. Like a knife stabbed and twisted in his chest. This was not his wife and the longer he stared at her the longer his sense of the doom consume. 'Here Jonas,' he broke away from Emma and turn to Grant. He took Elzbeth and stare at his daughter's beautiful face. She had grown so much, she stare at him as he stared at her. She had her thumb in her mouth and she took it out and placed her chubby hands in his cheek. Tears gathered in Jonas' eyes and he hugged his daughter. He had missed her so much 'I'm your daddy sweetheart and I love you very much.' He kissed her on her forehead, her cheek and mouth. He turned and looked for Elle and his dad hand her to him. Elle slapped her little hands on his face before she stuck her hand in her mouth. Her green eyes filled with wonder and excitement 'I'm your dada to Rosy, and I love you just as much.' He kissed her and twirl them around. For now he will enjoy his babies and later he can speak to his wife. He turned and looked at her and she had tears in her eyes.

Emma stared at Jonas and she felt proud of herself for two reasons. One, she had made the right decision in coming back. Two, she had refused his advances when he had touched her, kiss her earlier. She hadn't just melted like she always did and it felt damn good to stand against her desires. These past few months had taught her to be truly independent and she'd got a taste of being a single parent. She had grown strong, not only for herself but for her girls.

She looked around the place she'd once called home, in some ways it still felt like it. But she had no intention of staying here. Her eyes drifted from the excited crowd and caught to the figure standing in the kitchen door way. Really? She had the nerve to come back in her house. No not her house and she did not care. She was done letting Jonas get to her and that also included Ariel. She was taking full control of her life and that meant breaking all ties.

A knock came on the door and she remembered that she came with someone. The only eyes that were on her were Jonas' as she moved to open the door. Errol walked in and stood beside her with the baby bags. He looked around awkwardly and managed to give Jonas a scowl.

He had lived in the same vicinity as Emma and visited her daily. He had helped out a lot by just being there. He had in most ways starved off the loneliness until she could manage on her own. It was Hanna who came up to them and introduced herself 'Hi I'm Hanna and you are?'

'Errol Rose, Emma's father.' she could see the surprise on everyone's faces but everyone came and greeted him. It made Emma happy that they will get along. Only Jonas stayed back.

'Okay let's go into the sitting room.' Emma followed and took a seat between William and Grant. She looked to see Jonas sitting in one of the arms chairs with their girls. They were playing with his shirt, eating half of it. It made Emma smile.

She catch up with everyone, but she made sure not to mention where she had been just in case. She had made a home there and might someday go back when she needed a vocation or just need to get away. 'You are not leaving again are you?' Arlene asked, looking like someone stole her puppy. Emma felt guilty again.

She shook her head 'I actually have a viewings set up for a house on the other side of town. It will be perfect for the girls and I.' no one said anything as they kept looking between her and Jonas 'Yeah.' She looked at Jonas expecting him to be glaring at her but his eyes were cast down. She wondered why he hadn't started yelling as yet.

The awkwardness pass and conversation continue to flow. She saw from the corner of her eye that Ariel move to sit on the arm chair handle, next to Jonas. She went for her daughters. Call her petty but she wasn't ready to share her babies with any of Jonas' mistresses. He didn't want to let them go but released them anyway. 'I'm going to feed them,' she explained so it didn't look bad.

She excused herself and took them to the guest room downstairs. Gently she placed them on the bed and played with their tummies. They always loved that.

Turns out they really needed feeding because they started to fuss. She was just feeding them when Jonas walked in. He didn't immediately speak 'You are still leaving me?' She frowned at the vulnerability in his voice 'You've come back but you are not really home.'

'This seized to be my home the day I left.'

They remained in silence and she would have thought he would start yelling at her. What was wrong with him? He should be angry, and trying to control her. Why was he acting this way?  She looked up from watching her babies feed and hid her gasp when she saw how tortured he looked. He was staring at her chest, his gaze flickering between there and her left hand 'You promised me...' when she didn't say anything he continued 'You promised. You took them off...your ring and the necklace.'

Emma only stared at him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 3.6K 9
They have been best friends for eighteen years. Life happened and they lost touch... Seventeen years later, family and fate decided to give it anothe...
12M 213K 42
Cecilia Sanchez was getting married to multi billionaire, Joseph Taylor. Cecilia loved Joseph will all her heart and soul. They were high school swee...
115K 6.1K 99
Hannah And her Happy Harem After spending her entire life training to become an Olympic level gymnast only to suffer one too many injuries for her bo...
105K 4.6K 32
"There was a family that once lived there before and there was this other family that visited. The family that lived there had a son and the fam...