Lost / Cobra Kai [ 2 ]

By julelena14

Maeve Lawrence was lost. She fell in love with a boy who betrayed her out of his own insecurities. And he sud... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
Book for season 3!

C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N

10.3K 311 70
By julelena14

"You kill my mind

Raise my body

Back to life

And I don't know what I'd do

Without you now"
___
~ Kill My Mind by Louis Tomlinson

C H A P T E R  T H I R T E E N

The next morning Maeve woke up to the smell of burned ham.

She groaned and checked her phone to see if Miguel texted back.

And sure enough there were ten texts and fifteen calls from the dark haired boy saying how sorry he is and if she was ok.

Maeve smiled softly and slowly got up. She let out a groan again, at the pounding in her skull.

In the kitchen Johnny was drinking some orange juice and eating his ham. When he saw Maeve he grimaced.

"You look awful." He told her, making the younger blond glare at him. "Thanks, dad." He rolled his eyes at his daughter, trying to hold back a smile.

"You put on a good fight I heard. You want to put some ice on that?" He asked her, pointing at her red, slightly swollen nose. "Yeah." She told him, making Johnny get out a bag of frozen chicken wings and holding it in her direction.

"Thanks." She told him quietly.

"I kicked Kreese out. He wasn't good for the team." Johnny told her after both of them finished their breakfast.

"Finally!" She almost screamed. "I always thought he had something up his sleeve. The only good thing he did was challenge me to train with everyone." She told him. Johnny just chuckled at his daughter and ruffled up her hair.

Maeve texted Miguel to meet her outside, so she slowly began to put on her shoes.

"See you at the dojo." Maeve told her dad before leaving.

The dark haired boy already stood outside, leaning against a wall.

"Hey." She said approaching him.

His head abruptly turned towards her. "Hey, are you ok? I got worried when you didn't pick up the phone." He told her.

"My nose hurts like a bitch, but other then that I'm fine. Anyway, I wanted to talk about the fight between you and Hawk yesterday." She told him as they started walking towards the dojo.

Miguel sighed softly. "I wish I didn't have to tell you." He stopped and grabbed both of her hands in his.

"He was the one who trashed Miyagi-Do." He told her.

Maeve just starred at him, shocked. "I knew it." She whispered and made her way towards the dojo.

"From the moment Mr. LaRusso came to our dojo, I just knew it was him!" She yelled and almost ran to the dojo.

Miguel thought it was better to let her cool off a little before they got there, so he didn't try to stop her.

Only when Maeve was about to open the door did he grab her arm. "Hey, what do you plan to do?" He asked her gently.

When she turned to glare at him, he could really tell that she's related to Johnny, they both had the same fire in their eyes when they were angry.

"I just want an explanation." She told him.

After he realized that he couldn't change her mind, he let her go. And to his relive Hawk wasn't there yet, which in turn annoyed Maeve.

So to calm her down he started to plan their next date as they stretched together. "What about Friday?" He asked her.

"Can't. I promised to keep Tory's company at the roller rink." She told him.

"Great. Let's turn it into a date night." He told her smiling.

"You like roller skating?" She asked him giggling, already imagining him falling everywhere.

"Hell yeah. I'm the roller skating king, haven't you heard?" He asked her jokingly, making her laugh.

"All right, but you gotta wear a costume. It's eighties night." Maeve told him.

"Are you kidding? I love the eighties. Dibs on Anthony Michael Hall in weird science." He told her.

She didn't know if he was joking, but nonetheless her eyes went wide. "Oh my god, I loved that movie! Or the breakfast club? I had a huge crush on him when I was younger." Maeve told him grinning.

"Then I know who I'm going as." He told her chuckling.

Right in that moment Hawk entered the dojo, making Miguel's smile disappear. But luckily Tory joined them, so Maeve didn't notice.

"So, have you decided on your costume yet?" She asked her excitedly.

"No, I'm still struggling. By the way Miguel is making it a date night and wants to go as Anthony Michael Hall." She told her friend.

Tory just chuckled at his outfit choice. "Great, third wheeling." She said sarcastically.

Miguel excused himself leaving the girls alone.

"Seriously, you're gonna look so hot in your Madonna costume." Maeve told her excitedly.

"Thanks, but let's talk about you. What movies do you like?" She asked her.

"Well... I like almost every eighties movie. I was thinking maybe one of the heathers or... Miguel said he liked the movie weird science, so I was thinking of buying a similar pink dress that Lisa wore in the movie." She told her.

Tory gasped when Maeve showed her the outfit.

"Oh my god! I just saw a dress with that color on the way here. We definitely have to go there after class." She told her, making Maeve smile.

"Everybody, fall in." Johnny told them once he came out of the office.

When Maeve went to stand next to Miguel, she noticed that somehow Hawk arrived without her noticing, making her sigh in annoyance.

"Today we'll be learning one of the most important lessons a Cobra Kai could ever know."

Suddenly Hawk spoke up. "Where's sensei Kreese?" He asked him.

Maeve knew that Hawk looked up to Kreese, so him asking about the older man didn't surprise her.

Raymond spoke up right after him, making Maeve roll her eyes. "Yeah. Shouldn't we wait for the sensei emeritus before we get going?"

She really did like the man, but she also thought it was strange that he looked up to a boy that was younger then him.

Johnny glared at him, making him rethink his words. "Or not."

Johnny looked at all of his students. "Mr. Kreese will no longer be joining us. I made a promise when I became your sensei. To always look out for your best interests. Despite how hard this may be for all of us, he didn't have our best interests at heart. John Kreese may have founded Cobra Kai, but he no longer represents what this dojo stands for. His Cobra Kai was old and outdated. He refused to move forward. What happens when we do that, Mr. Diaz?" He turned to Miguel.

"You get stuck like cement." He answered him.

Johnny nodded. "Exactly. To be a great fighter, you gotta lern to adapt. This creed on the wall... follow it to the letter, it'll make you strong. It'll make you formidable. It will also make you an asshole. 'Cause that's just black paint on a white wall. But life's not black and white. More often then not, it's gray. And it's in those gray areas where Johnny Lawrence's Cobra Kai sometimes shows mercy. Doesn't mean you can't be badass. It's still an requirement. But you have to learn to think, not just with your gut... or your fists... but to really use this." He aggressively pointed to his own head.

"Which brings me to today's lesson..." he got a wooden board out and smashed it with his head.

"Headbutting." He told them, making everyone chuckle. "Grab a partner."

Maeve and Miguel immediately looked at each other smiling.

Miguel went to talk to her dad, so Maeve watched the others train. To no one's surprise, Hawk was best at headbutting.

He literally smashed the kids away from him. Maeve watched him with a scowl.

Raymond approached him. "Oh, that was awesome! Do me next." And with a smirk, Hawk hit him with his own head.

"Oh, yes!" The older man, groaned in excitement, making Maeve scoff.

This attitude didn't go unnoticed by the red haired boy himself.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked her, cringing on the inside on how harsh his voice sounded.

Maeve raised her eyebrows. "What's wrong with me? Oh, no. You mean, what's wrong with you?" She asked him angrily approaching him.

"I know what you did. Miguel told me." She whispered to him once they were standing a little bit away from the others.

Hawk rolled his eyes. "Yeah, of course he did-"

"Why did you do it? Because of Demetri's stupid Yelp review? Yeah, I also know about that. Where you just angry that my brother beat you in a fight, huh? Is that it?" She asked him getting closer to his face with each word.

Hawk also grew angry. "It's none of your business why I do stuff! So you've been befriending the enemy, does Miguel know that? Or is he too busy trying to get Sam back to notice?" He asked her also getting in her face.

Maeve scrunched up her face in disgust.

"Befriending the enemy? Do you even hear yourself? You sound like an idiot! I was over there trying to convince them that you're not all bad. Well I guess I was wrong... And as for Sam and Miguel, they broke up a while ago. Maybe your just jealous that I'm with him now!" She threw back at him.

Hawk just stood there for a few seconds, breathing heavily.

Yes, he was in fact jealous that she chose his best friend over him. But he was sick of showing his weaknesses to her, when all she did was get mad at him.

Everything he did just didn't sit right with her, but Miguel couldn't do anything wrong.

"I'm not jealous. Everyone can see that he's not over Sam. Did he even tell you where he went last night? He went to her house late at night, playing the knight in shining armor and brought the medal back to the princess. He could've asked anyone to do it like Aisha or you, but no he went by himself. And I bet she was happy to see that he's not the bad guy like she thought he is." Hawk chuckled darkly getting even closer to her face.

Maeve just chuckled sadly. "How'd you get like that, Eli?" And with that she joined Aisha and Tory.

Maeve couldn't lie, she was freaking out on the inside by the thought that something might've happened between Miguel and Sam. But she decided to talk with him later and not overreact.

Meanwhile Miguel approached Johnny in the back dojo.

"Hey, sensei." He started.

"Just tuck in you chin and aim for the nose with the crown of your head. It's not that hard." Johnny told him.

"No, it's not about headbutting. I think I got that down. It's about sensei Kreese." Miguel told him.

Johnny was confused. "What about him?"

Miguel sighed. "I know he's your friend, so if you wanna talk..."

Johnny looked down for a second before looking up at him again. "You don't have to worry about me." He told him before smirking.

"Besides you should be focused on that girlfriend of yours." Johnny said, giving him a look.

"You know about that?" Miguel asked him smiling.

"She didn't tell me herself yet. But I'm not blind. Just don't get distracted. You can play 'hide the plantain' on your own time. But in class I need you focused." Johnny told him, while Miguel grinned to himself.

"Yes, sensei."

"Yeah, and remember that she's still my little girl." Johnny told him, pointing his finger at him.

Miguel held his hands up in surrender. "Understood. What about you? Do you have any..." Miguel asked him smirking.

"Don't worry about me, all right? I do just fine." Johnny told him grimly, still annoyed from what happened earlier today when he saw Miguel's mom with some British guy.

"If you wanted to, I could set you up, on an app. That's how my mom found her boyfriend." Miguel tried again.

Johnny nodded. "Yeah, how's that going?" He tried to ask without making him suspicious.

"It's going well. She's had some pretty bad luck with guys, so it's nice to see her happy." Miguel told him softly, still smiling.

"That's good. I'm glad to hear that. So, uh... All right, so what's the deal with this app thing?" Johnny asked, making Miguel grin at him.

—————

After class Miguel went with Johnny to her place, so he could help her dad find a girlfriend.

Maeve thought that was kinda weird, not really used to having another woman in their lives.

Meanwhile Maeve went with Tory to check out that dress that she saw. Turned out it was a pretty similar dress.

"Oh, wow. It looks so pretty." Maeve told her already falling in love with the pink silky dress.

"It really is. Come on, try it on." Tory said, pushing her towards the dressing room.

And the dress did not disappoint, it looked very elegant and Maeve could already imagine herself with some long black silk gloves and a pearl necklace.

Tory was also very pleased with the dress. "Wait until Miguel sees you in that dress." She told her shorter friend smirking.

Maeve chuckled. "Wait till my dad sees me in that dress, he'll have a heart attack." Maeve corrected her.

Tory laughed. "Really? I mean it isn't that scandalous looking."

Maeve smiled. "Yeah, but you can see my shoulders and my legs. Anyway. I need some long black gloves and a pearl necklace." She told her already looking around.

After some time of searching and asking around, they finally got everything they needed.

—————

When Maeve came home, Miguel was sitting on the sofa next to her dad.

"Hey, did you find your outfit." Johnny asked her once she put her bags down and sat down beside Miguel.

"Yeah, I got everything." She told him.

Miguel looked at her confused. "Wait, you haven't told me who you're going as." He told her.

"Yeah, because it's a surprise." Maeve nudged him smiling.

Miguel just shook his head chuckling.

"Where were we? Oh, right. What about clothes? What are you wearing?" Miguel asked him and by the tone of his voice, this app thing didn't go as smoothly as he planned.

"You gonna teach me about fashion now?" Johnny asked him.

"Might have to." Miguel told him seriously and hands him back his phone.

He stood up and went into her dads room towards his closet.

"So, I was thinking buttoned-up shirt and some distressed jeans. Got any?" Miguel asked from the other room.

"I have old jeans, if that's what your saying." Johnny answered him, making Maeve chuckle to herself.

Suddenly his phone dinged and he sat up. "Hey! There's a chick on my app." He said, starring on his phone.

"Yeah, all right. Just swipe right if you like her and we'll set you up a bunch of dates." Miguel told him, making Maeve raise an eyebrow.

"This is dump. You can't find anything out about a chick from one- Ooh, this one's hot." Maeve rolled her eyes at her dad.

"Hey, can I borrow this jacket?" Miguel asked excitedly from Johnny's room.

"Huh? Yeah, whatever." He told him only half listening.

He continued to swipe left and right on his phone commenting on each woman.

Maeve sighed and stood up. She leaned herself on the doorway to her dads room.

"Hey, when you're finished here, can you come to my room?" She asked Miguel who was still looking for clothes.

"Yeah, I won't be long." He told her smiling.

After about fifteen minutes, he joined her in here room.

"So, you wanna show me your costume now?" Miguel asked her smiling.

Maeve chuckled sitting up on her bed. "Nope. Still a surprise. I actually wanted to talk to you about the medal you took from Hawk...I heard you went to Sam's house?" She asked him softy.

Miguel sat down beside her. "Yeah, I wanted to bring it back. Sam wasn't there so I gave it to Robby." He told her.

Maeve's heart ached thinking about her brother and what he now might think about her after she told them that Miguel wasn't involved in any of that.

"Why didn't you tell me? I would've loved to see him again?" She asked him quietly.

Miguel sighed. "I didn't want to tell you that Hawk was the one that trashed their dojo and I also didn't want to lie to you. So I just went by myself." Maeve looked down at her hands.

"Or did you want to see Sam again?" She asked.

Miguel furrowed his brows.

"What? No, of course not. I'm with you, ok? Not her. I love you." He told her shocked. "I just didn't want there to be any bad blood between us, so I went to apologize."

Maeve looked up at him with wide eyes. "You love me?" She asked unsure.

The last time someone claimed to love her didn't end well and he broke her heart.

"Yes, I love you." He told her brushing her cheek. Maeve smiled at him. "I love you too."

And with that they kissed, both of them smiling into the kiss.

—————

See you next weekend!
And if something changes I will notify you guys on my notice board.
I hope you liked this chapter💕
Have a great day, and don't forget to vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 8.9K 21
Maeve Lawrence was a normal girl in Highschool with a little friend group. Until there's a new kid in her apartment area who starts to stand up for h...
139K 2.2K 43
❌DISCONTINUED❌ -STARTS OFF ON SEASON 2- It all starts off when Y/N Y/L/N, moves into a new apartment with her Grandma. She wanted to start a fresh ne...
237K 5.7K 36
--------------------------------------------- Everything was going downhill. A karate rivalry was raging on. Friends ripped apart. Everything was cha...
1.1M 31K 109
[Season 1:✅] [Season 2:✅] [Season 3:✅] [Season 4:✅] [Season 5:📝] Y/N L/N never had much. With no friends and uncaring parents, she never had what yo...