C H A P T E R N I N E

You guys, you know what I just realized?
We don't have ship names for Maeve and Hawk or Maeve and Miguel.
I thought for Hawk and Maeve maybe Mawk but I'm not sure. 🤔
Let me know what you think!

—————

"When you treat me like that,

When you treat me like that

It's pushin' me harder,

When you breakin' my back,

I only get stronger,

I only get stronger"
___
~ like that by Bea Miller

C H A P T E R  N I N E

The next morning Maeve was at the dojo again sitting down on the side with a small notebook in hand.

She was secretly taking notes on the most important stuff, so she could recall them when she is training with Miguel later.

Right now Miguel and Hawk were fighting in the middle of the mat while the others watched them.

Miguel gave a punch to Hawk's midsection making him grunt.

"Nice work Diaz. Bow. Go again." Johnny told them.

They were about to bow when suddenly Daniel LaRusso entered the dojo.

That made everyone including Maeve stand up.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Johnny asked confused.

"Like you don't know." He spat at her dad.

Johnny began to approach him.

"Take your shoes off the mat. You're disrespecting my dojo."

Daniel chuckled unamused.

"You're seriously gonna talk to me about disrespecting dojo's after what you just did to mine?" He yelled at Johnny angrily.

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to your dojo." Johnny said calmly.

Daniel scoffed.

"Just like you didn't slug one of my employees, huh?"

That made Johnny shrug his shoulders.

Daniel started chuckling shaking his head.

"You know, part of me actually felt bad for you at one point, but you make it so easy to remember who the bad guy is in all of this. You call yourself a sensei? You don't even know what a sensei is. A sensei mentors. A sensei elevates. He doesn't teach destruction and disrespect!" Daniel now screamed at her dad, making Maeve look worried at both of them.

She went to stand beside Miguel to hold his hand as Johnny took a step towards Daniel.

"I already said I don't know what your talking about, LaRusso. And you don't know what you're talking about either." Johnny told him quietly but with fire in his words.