HELIOS

By socom622

Political upheaval and starvation force the U.E.A. to look to space for the survival of Earths' inhabitants... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapte 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68

Chapter 58

34 7 0
By socom622

We pop out near Majah Prime and I breath deeply looking at Jahní's home world; this will be a sad goodbye for us all. Jahní puts her hand on my shoulder, and I look up at her. "Things will be well, you'll see."

She seems so quiet and sad. I'm not gone yet and I'm not dead either. She turns those silver on me and I'm feeling all her frustration. I put my hand on hers knowing what she is thinking.

She smiles at me. "Let us go home for the time being, and prepare a good home coming for us." I chuckle at the thought of us having a small party for our return.

We approach the space dock they send out instructions, and soon the tractor beam will pull us in. Once inside they stationed us where we always have been. I stand up taking Jahní by the hand, and heading for the shuttle that will take us to the surface.

She already had her bag with her; we enter the shuttle she smiles at me, as we sit down for the trip home.  "You feeling ok Jahní?"

Jahní touches her belly smiling.  "He has been moving quite a bit lately. It seems he has inherited his father's energy."

I chuckle a bit.  "I hope he gets your intellect instead of mine."

Jahní frowns.  "You should not degrade yourself, it is not healthy."  She doesn't like it when I do that. The shuttle lifts off and we are off back to the surface.

We're landing on the front lawn of our home in the mountains. As we step out Marleia runs out of the front door, jumping into Jahní's out stretched arms.
Jahní covers her in kisses, which she returns. She then moves over, so I can carry her and I give her several kisses as well.

Marleia clings to my neck. "So, did you find anything scary?"

I smile at her question. "Well, now that you mention it I did find a very scary monster." Her eyes open wide in anticipation. "Well... let me see it was... YOU!" I poke her in the belly causing her to bust out in laughter. I laugh as well, while entering the house.

"I'm not a monster!"

"Oh yes you are!" I tickle her some more, as she lets out another loud series of laughter. Jahní comes over and takes Marleia, carrying her to the dining room where the table is set.

The staff incline their heads to us, which we return. Our staff stay waiting on us as we eat, when one of the females approach Jahní whispering something into her ear. Jahní stiffens at whatever she was told.

I look at her worried. "What is it? What's wrong?"

She glances at me clenching her jaw. "The Crown Prince is coming for a visit, and will be here in fifteen minutes."

I look down at my plate and it's a good thing I was almost done eating, or this would have been a waste of food. "What does he want I wonder?" Jahní shrugs. "He's coming, then there has to be some reason and not a good one."

Jahní looks down closing her eyes.  "We will be gracious hosts, and that's all there is to it."

I sigh, but agree to her terms in order to keep the peace.  "Is he  going to start a problem with us, which is what he loves to do."

She shrugs.  "We will not play into his plots, but you will maintain the peace I beg of you."

I nod. I know it's her brother and the Crown Prince, though he irks me in a bad way.  "I guess we should prepare a welcome for him."

Jahní smiles at me.  "I know you do not like him, but we cannot have him as an enemy, especially now that this threat was issued against your people."

Good Lord don't remind me.  "Will he be on our side; that's my question."

Jahní sits pensively for a moment considering my question.  "I think my brother will chose neutrality over a particular side."

"Oh really."  How nice of him.  "So, in a pinch we can't count on him for any help."  I begin to fume.  "That means when he's king we're as good as dead out there, in the cold vacuum of space." 

Her silence says it all, and I can also feel her fear of that actually happening. I put my arm around her shoulder.  "I... fear my brother more than any enemy I have ever faced. He knows me to well, and would use this to hold over my head."

One of the staff walks in advising us of the Crown Prince's arrival. We thank her as we stand up taking hold of each other's hands walking out to greet him. This is the part of diplomacy that I've always hates; the fake smiles.

We walk to the entrance of our house and there he is Crown prince Zahn. He smiles as he notices our arrival. Jahní inclines her head to him, so I do the same out of respect of his title.  "My dear Jahlahín how are you, and Captain it is good to see you as well."

I grind my teeth as I smile in response. I turn to Jahní she and she takes the lead.  "Crown prince welcome to our home. Come sit and rest."

That's a traditional greeting of their people to those who have traveled a long distance, or an honored guest.  "Thank you for your hospitality, but please let us dispense with such formally. After all we are family here."

He looks at us for some kind of reaction.  "Well then."  Jahní motions for him to follow us.  "Brother..." She looks at him and then at me.  "No, Zahn. Let us go and sit so we may speak comfortably."  I smile as she puts her hand on her belly, to make it seem like she needs to get off her feet.

He looks at her not knowing what to say, at the fact that she actually took him at his word. Inside I laugh a little chalking one up for Jahní. We go to the sitting room and he smirks at us.  "My how the role of loving, submissive wife suits so well my Jahlahín."

I feel Jahní bristle at his comment.  "Your Highness."  He turns to me.  "Perhaps you'd like to eat something?"

He looks like he about say something angrily, but he knows that here he is not in a good position. His expression softens, as he realizes that he's engaging the two of us. Now he has to rethink his strategy if he intends to take us on.

He inclines his head. "That would be very nice thank you. I am quite hungry." That's what I thought he would do. So, the Crown Prince is flexible in his thinking. He will become a dangerous adversary in the future, so it's best to keep him close.

He eats a simple meal, while having a conversation about their past, as children.  "That was a fun time then."  The Crown Prince smiles at the memory.  "What about you Captain, don't you have any siblings?"

I look at him nodding.  "Well, I'm an only child due to the laws on Earth; that families can only have one child."

Prince Zahn frowns at this and looks at Jahní.  "Well I certainly hope you and my sister are planning to have more than one child!"  He laughs with that fake kind of laugh, that you know is forced.

Jahní smiles, but I can feel her uncomfortable frustration, not really being able to now retort.  "Well, I think that we will have more than one child."

She looks at me for support.  "We're just starting our family, but rest assured we will have more."  He laughs again, and I join him with chuckle. I'm Thinking in my mind how much I would love to hit him. Jahní turns her eyes in my direction sensing my hostility towards Zahn.

Zahn stands up and we follow out of respect for his position.  "Well, I must be on my way, and I did have a lovely time here with you."  We walk him out to the front, as his security is waiting for him.  "I hope the best for Captain. A long life... well of course that is if you don't get killed out there among the stars." He smiles coldly, while leaving.

It took all of myself control not to tackle him and pound his face in. I turn to Jahní and she's more pale than normal; she turns walking in and something tells me to follow her closely. As soon as she enters her knees buckle and I catch her before she hits the ground.

"Jahní!" I hold her gently.  "Hey, what's wrong?"  I have to stay calm here, and remain strong.  "Jahní, come on open your eyes."  I touch her face softly.

Her eyes flutter open out of focus for a bit; then she comes to herself.  "What... happened?" She confused, which tells me she didn't understand that she passed out. She puts her hand on her head.  "I felt dizzy... and then it's blank."

"You passed out and I caught you before you hit the ground."  She is shocked.  "Does your head hurt?"

"A little bit, but I think I can stand up now."  I help back on to her feet and I hold on to her until I feel confident she can stay up. It must have been the stress of the visit, or maybe what Zahn said. Who knows; the point is that one day he will pay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59 11 6
In the midst of a desperate interstellar war, a covert op is launched to steal technology - not from the enemy, but from an ally. The crew of the SDU...
265 53 33
In the near future, humans discover that the Earth is NOT the only inhabited planet. and that happens by a visit from the space, the UPO (the United...
640 117 33
A girl from Mars. A boy from Earth. A man from Mars. A lady from Mars. What do you get when you put them all together? A battle to save Earth. A stor...
88 9 28
Danger approaches from the darkness of space. The fate of all lives on Earth are threatened. Will humanity be able to withstand an extraterrestrial i...