Lamp and Milo (Camren AU)

By TobiJaurello

In a world full of people where looks can be deceiving, and disguises are a must. How will you learn to trust... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII

Chapter III

3.3K 121 128
By TobiJaurello

(2 weeks later)

"Yeah?" Lauren smiled, wrapping her arm around the younger one's torso.

"Yeah." Camila grinned hugging the green-eyed girl.

"Thank you for this." Camila smiled as she looked at the place.

"Anything for my baby." The raven said as she placed a kiss on Camila's forehead.

"I love your eyes so much." The brunette shyly smiled, while Lauren placed a hand on her chin.

"So I've been told." The green-eyed girl said before leaning in. Camila bit her lip as she closed her eyes, waiting for the contact. Furrowing her eyebrows as she waited longer for the kiss to happen.

"Lauren?" Camila mumbled as she opened her eyes.

"No." The brunette breathed out as she jumped out her bed, realizing what she dreamt of.

"No, no, no." Camila mumbled. Shaking her head as she walked to her bathroom, washing her face with water. She'd been dreaming of the raven for weeks now, and school wasn't any help at all.

"This is getting way out of hand." Camila mumbled as she looked at herself.

"There must be a mistake right?" The brunette mumbled.

"We're just friends. It's normal to dream of a friend. Right?" The brown-eyed girl mumbled to herself.

"Was that a date? It wasn't. It's probably a friendly date, this is normal. Right?"

"No it's not."

"Mom!" Camila exclaimed as she heard her mother's voice.

"Go to sleep, Stop yelling." Sighing, the brunette nodded before walking out her bathroom.

"4 am? Really?" The brunette mumbled as she looked at the clock before flopping onto her bed, blinking for a few times before hoping she'd finally sleep properly.

"Halo!" Lauren cheerfully grinned as she entered the classroom, seeing that it was only Camila and her.

"Hey." The brunette smiled. The two had already developed a bond, that both of them didn't even know was possible.

"Your banana ma'am." The green-eyed girl winked as she handed the brunette the fruit. After their first quiz bet-where Lauren won-It became a habit of both of them to bet on the following quiz. Camila felt her cheeks get hot as she shrugged it off by slapping her cheeks gently and making the "Home Alone" face.

"Thank you, it was nice doing business with you." Camila grinned as she accepted the banana. The brunette had won their Mathematics bet, making Lauren bring bananas  for a week.

"That's the last banana for this week." Lauren smiled as she sat down.

"Don't remind me." Camila frowned as she started peeling it.

"You look like you haven't gotten enough sleep." Lauren said as she looked at Camila with care. The brunette looked at her and caught her eye, while Lauren smiled.

"Don't look at me like that." Camila said as she placed her hand on Lauren's face, gently pushing her to face the other direction.

"Lauren!" Camila exclaimed when the green-eyed girl started to growl and attempted to bite her palm that was by her mouth.

"If I know you just can't look at me directly because my eyes reminds you of Harry's green ones too." Lauren cheekily grinned, while Camila rolled her eyes. Truth is, she wasn't. Lauren's were different from the curly-haired boys ones.

"You stayed up late thinking of Harry didn't you?" Lauren teased while the brunette's eyes widened.

"I certainly did not!" Camila defended.

"It's okay Camz, it's just us." Lauren winked before looking at her phone.

"I hate you so much." Camila grumbled before standing up and throwing the peel.

"Love you too babe." Lauren responded, continuously scrolling through her phone. Camila stopped on her tracks as she felt her heart pick up the pace of it's beating, her cheeks warming up.

"Hey Camz?" Lauren called out for the brunette who was still standing by the bin, trying to calm herself down.

"Yeah?" Camila responded biting her lip as it curved upward upon hearing the nickname the raven made up for her.

"Mr. President has a new picture on his instagram profile, it says here on your phone." The brunette quickly turned around and ran to the raven who was looking at Camila's phone by the brunette's chair.

"Simp." Lauren grinned sheepishly as the brunette quickly grabbed her phone.

"I'm not a simp!" Camila defended.

"Then what's with the profile notification?" Lauren teased.

"Dinah did that." The brunette said.

"Sure Camz." Lauren chuckled before facing her phone again.

"I'm bored." Lauren mumbled as she looked at Camila who was currently reading a book.

"Nerd." Camila quickly turned her head to the raven and stuck her tongue out.

"And you announced no one should call me that. Very ironic." Camila said rolling her eyes.

"I'm allowed to, we're friends." Lauren grinned sheepishly before scooting her chair closer to Camila.

"What are you doing?" Camila chuckled.

"I'm bored, might as well disturb you." Lauren said as she leaned her head on Camila's shoulder, continuously scrolling down her timeline.

"You're not making things easier for me Jauregui." Camila thought to herself as she felt a fluttering feeling in the pit of her stomach, while Lauren's head remained on her shoulders.

"I ship this." The Polynesian grinned as she entered the classroom with Normani behind her.

"You ship everything Dinah." Lauren chuckled holding her hand out.

"True." Camila chuckled as the low fived Lauren before paying attention to the Polynesian.

"I know, but I ship this more than Hamila." The blonde said, while Camila rolled her eyes at the name Dinah made up for Harry and her.

"It's not Hamila, it's Camarry." Lauren said before Camila placed her palm on her mouth when she saw a familiar figure by the door. While Lauren started growling again.

"I bit her." Lauren grinned as she looked at Dinah who was shaking her head when Camila took her hand away from the raven's mouth quickly.

"Hey girls, you probably didn't receive the news last night." Harry shyly said as he looked at the quadraple that are sitting by their assigned seats. Clearing his throat when he saw Lauren leaning on Camila's shoulder.

"Classes are suspended for today due to faculty meetings." Harry smiled.

"Except for club activities." He chuckled shyly as he looked at Dinah and Normani.

"Thank you President, for dropping by to tell it." Normani smiled politely while Harry gently nodded his head, still looking at Lauren and Camila who seemed to look like a couple.

"Sure. By the way, Camila?" Harry said as his eyes diverted to the brunette.

"Can I talk to you?" The brunette nodded as she stood up gently, walking to the man by the door.

"What's up?" Camila smiled.

"I just wanted to ask you if you want to drop by the choir room and listen to the song I wrote." Harry smiled.

"Sure." Camila nodded before he grinned and pat her head before turning around and talking to a student behind him.

"What's with the face?" Camila chuckled at a pouting Lauren as she walked back to them.

"I was comfortable, and you stood up." Lauren mumbled as she looked at Camila.

"I ship this more." Dinah proclaimed as she looked at Normani.

"Girl, you've been shipping Mila with anyone." Normani laughed.

"Walz is shippable." Dinah defended herself.

"Well, we have to go and practice. What about you two?" Normani asked looking at both Lauren and Camila.

"Walz will probably go home." Dinah said.

"Not yet. Mom can't take me home, she's at work." Camila responded.

"I'll keep you company then." Lauren smiled.

"How about you come with us?" Normani asked.

"Oh no. I love watching you guys dance, but I can't at the moment. Maybe later?" Camila smiled as she fixed her things.

"Where are you going?" Lauren asked.

"Harry asked me to help him about something." The brunette replied while Dinah grinned at her.

"Ah, Walz is finally making progress." The Polynesian said.

"Bummer, I wanted to accompany you." Lauren frowned.

"Laur, don't be a third wheeler." Normani teased her bestfriend who glared at her.

"I spend more fun times with Camz than the two of you combined." The raven said as she looked at Dinah and Normani.

"You are so lucky I love you and I love the first few words of your sentence." Dinah said while Camila subtly glared at her.

"Camarry girl. Camarry." Normani chuckled.

"Laurmila has more chemistry than Camarry." Dinah defended.

"Laurmila?" Lauren asked.

"Lauren plus Camila." The Polynesian grinned.

"It doesn't sound right. Kinda like Norminah." Normani pointed out.

"Camren?" Lauren grinned.

"Cam-ila and Lau-ren?" Camila asked, raising her eyebrow. While Lauren snaped her finger before pointing at Camila and winking. The brunette then felt her cheeks heat up, making her abruptly turn away from her friends.

"Better." Dinah sheepishly smiled.

"Today, I am announcing the arrival of the new Ship, S.S. Camren." The Polynesian said as she stood up.

"You are so extra." Normani laughed as she followed the Polynesian.

"We'll see you later!" Dinah grinned before disappearing with Normani.

"Can I come?" Lauren asked as it was just the two of them again.

"I don't really know." Camila answered truthfully as Lauren pouted again. Camila bit her lip as she had the sudden urge to do something she doesn't usually do.

"I'll make it up to you, I promise." Camila said before kissing Lauren's forehead.

"Okay." Lauren smiled hugging Camila's torso.

"Can I just walk you there?" Camila nodded as both of them started to walk out the classroom.

"Have fun on your date." Lauren teased as she opened the choir door for Camila.

"Shut up." Camila chuckled before entering the room.

"Hey! You came." Harry grinned as he walked over to Camila, hugging her. Lauren on the other hand closed the door, gently looking at the door window.

"So, I want you to listen to this.." Harry said as he sat on a stool and picked up a guitar while Camila occupied the other stool. He plucked a few strings as he smiled and looking at Camila.

"Your hand fits in mine, like it was made for me,
But bear this in mind it was meant to be,
And I'm joing up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks,
And it all makes sense to me." Harry sang as he glanced at Camila back and forth, The brunette smiled before looking at the door window and saw Lauren grinning and giving her two thumbs up before waving goodbye.

"What do you think?" Harry asked shyly.

"It's really beautiful Hazza, did you write it?" Camila smiled while the curly-haired boy nodded.

"I was hoping they'd let us perform this song once I finish it." He said as he started plucking a few strings again.

"Are you done with the song though?" Camila asked while the boy shook his head.

"That's another reason why I asked you. Could you help me?" the green-eyed boy smiled while Camila nodded. The duo continued to work for at least and hour and half, before Camila decided to bid goodbye and walk out the room.

"Walz!" Dinah smiled as she saw her bestfriend walk inside the theater room.

"Cheechee!" Camila reciprocated running to her bestfriend and jumping on her arms.

"How was date with Hazza?" Dinah teased as she put the brunette down.

"It wasn't a date Cheechee." Camila laughed.

"For now, but you marked him Walz." Dinah winked, Camila shrugged the comment off and decided to change the topic.

"Where's Mani and Lauren?" The brunette asked as she looked around.

"Mani's at the stage, can't you see?" Dinah laughed pointing at a blue haired woman dancing.

"Lauren?" The brunette asked.

"She's at the back I think? Like the backstage?" Dinah said.

"You and Lauser seemed to be very close now." Dinah teased.

"You and Mani as well." Camila said sticking her tongue out.

"Excuse me woman, I haven't found my soulmate yet. Mani's helping me." Dinah whispered.

"She knows?!" Camila exclaimed whispering as well.

"No! Of course not." The Polynesian said shaking her head while Camila squinted her eyes.

"I promise!" Dinah chuckled.

"Now take a seat somewhere here, or walk over there to get to the backstage, and I'll just get back to dance practice." Dinah said before hugging her bestfriend and running back to the stage.

"Have fun!" Camila yelled before walking to the direction Dinah pointed, in hopes of finding the green-eyed girl for companionship. Despite the confusion and uncertainty, Camila felt more closer to Lauren than Harry and it's starting to get to her that she probably thought wrong about the curly-haired boy.

"Watching that brown hair swing, to every song I'd sing." Camila quickly rushed to the place as the voice started to get nearer, she wanted to see who it was.

"You were California beautiful, I was playing everything but cool." The brunette was indeed captivated by the voice, but what she saw rather made her heart swoon.

"I can still hear that sound, of every wave crashing down." Lauren was sitting there, smiling as she sang without a struggle. It felt like it was only the two of them there when the green-eyed girl caught her brown eyes and raised her eyebrow before smiling as she continued to sing. Everything disappeared just like that, and Camila swore there was something in the green-eyed girl's stare that made her subconsciously smile at the sight. It was like the movies where everything went into slow motion, and the others vanished into thin air.

"The summer of 13, You and me." Lauren sang, her eyes lingering on the brunette's brown ones. It was like she was singing for her, well at least thats what Camila felt.

"Hi." Lauren smiled as she stood up from the stool she was sitting in, walking to Camila as the brunette remained smiling at her.

"Hey." Camila smiled as she hugged Lauren, she didn't know what came over her, but she wanted to hug the raven.

"What brings you here?" Lauren chuckled as she shyly looked around the room.

"Dinah said I could find you here." Camila said.

"Well, here I am. Anything I can do for you?" Lauren smiled.

"Oh! By the way, this is Hans and that's Jay." Lauren grinned as she introduced two other guys that were in the room.

"And she's Tori." She pointed at the other girl by the far back.

"Guys, this is Camila." Lauren smiled. The trio politely greeted Camila.

"Is she the girlfriend?" Tori teased while Lauren  gave her a glare despite her cheeks turning red.

"No, Camz is my friend. She already has someone she likes and h-" Lauren started but was cut off when Camila placed the palm of her hand on Lauren's lips.

"She's very talkative isn't she?" Camila shrugged before pulling Lauren away from the group.

"Don't!" Camila warned when Lauren started to move her lips.

"Sooo, What'cha need me for?" The raven smiled, when the brunette decided to finally let go of her mouth.

"You told me you'd accompany me." Camila pouted while Lauren nodded.

"Yeah, do you have anything in mind?" Lauren smiled fixing her leather jacket, forrowing her eyebrows when she couldn't find the strap she was looking for.

"I'm hungry." Camila said as she gently fixed the raven's jacket for her, while Lauren stared at her smiling adoringly.

"What?" Camila asked.

"You're very pretty." Lauren said, making the brown eyed girl blush.

"Stop." Camila shyly said as she hid her face on Lauren's chest. If anyone could see them, they'd probably think the two were together. Camila had both her hands on the edge of Lauren's leather jacket by her neck, as she hid her face in the ravens chest.

"You're cute." Lauren chuckled embracing the brunette. As soon as Camila felt Lauren's arms around her, she felt secured.

"There." Camila smiled, pulling away from the hug.

"Thank you." Lauren smiled.

"Let me get my bag inside and we'll eat." Camila nodded as she watched Lauren disappear from sight when she walked back inside the room.

"Hey Camila! Lauren likes you!" The brunette heard Tori yelling as she ran to the door.

"Liar!" Lauren yelled from the inside before a cloth went flying onto Tori's back.

"Don't listen to her, she tries to set me up with anyone she sees." Lauren said as she glared at Tori.

"Or she doesn't." Hans grinned.

"Not you too!" Lauren exclaimed throwing the cloth at the blonde guy.

"She does like yo-"

"You better shut up." Lauren hissed, cutting Jay off.

"Let's go." Lauren smiled as if nothing happened, pulling Camila's arm away from the backstage.

"I'm so sorry about them, they're really embarrassing sometimes." Lauren chuckled nervously.

"It's okay Lo, I am likeable." Camila teased, earning blush from the raven.

"No!-Well yeah you are likeable not that I like you or anything." Lauren stuttered as she tried to act chill.

"You're cute." Camila giggled before stepping on her tip toes and placing a kiss on Lauren's cheek.

"Camz, you don't believe them do you?" Lauren whined as she tried to hide her cheek. Camila gave her a small smile before walking ahead of her.

"Camz!" Lauren exclaimed before laughing.

"Where do you wanna eat?" The raved asked as they went out the hallway backstage.

"I'm not really in the mood for cafeteria food. Could we eat at that bakery down by the block?" The brunette shyly asked while Lauren nodded.

"Sure, let me just get my umbrella from the locker. It's really sunny today." Lauren smiled.

"Camren!" Dinah yelled from the stage as she saw the two passed by.

"Norminah!" Lauren reciprocated, in a teasing manner. Both dancers went down the stage as they made their way to the two.

"Where are you going?" Dinah asked.

"Well, Camz is hungry. We'll eat at the bakery she's saying by the block." Lauren smiled.

"Not fair! I wanna eat as well." Normani frowned as she rested her head on Lauren's shoulder, hugging the ravens arm.

"Why don't you come with us?" Camila asked.

"We can't, dance practice." Normani frowned before batting her lashes at Lauren, who shook her head.

"What do you want?" The raven asked as she looked at a grinning Normani.

"I want baked mac and cheese."

"Okay, anything else?" Lauren asked.

"Bagels please." The raven nodded as she looked at Camila who was talking to Dinah.

"Why can't you be like them?" Dinah frowned.

"Well you're not telling me what you want." Camila defended.

"Mani didn't! But Lauser asked her!" Dinah complained.

"Fine. What do you want?" Camila gave in.

"I want baked mac and cheese too." Dinah sheepishly grinned.

"Alright." Camila nodded before turning to face Lauren.

"Walz! You're supposed to ask me anything else?" Dinah complained.

"Cheechee, we're not like these two." Camila laughed as she looked at Lauren and Normani who gave them huge grins.

"Fine. I want hot Cheetos too." Dinah added both girls nodded before going out the theater and walking down the hallway.

"Hey Lauren!" A woman from the left side of the hallway called out.

"Lucy." Lauren smiled politely, Camila watched the woman went in and hug Lauren before kissing the raven's cheek. Camila instantly looked away when she saw the scenery, clutching her phone tighter than usual. She didn't know why, but she felt annoyed.

"That was uncalled for." Lauren chuckled before wiping her cheeks subtly, which made the Camila smile subtly.

"What's up?" Lauren asked.

"Nothing, I just saw you and wanted to greet you. You look extra sexy today." She flirted while the raven uncomfortably shifted her position.

"I see. We have to get going now." Lauren said as she subtly wrapped her arms around Camila's shoulder.

"You're with this nerd?" Lucy scoffed, Camila felt Lauren's hand form into a fist by her shoulder.

"Take that back." Lauren growled.

"Well isn't she?" Lucy chuckled, eyeing Camila up and down.

"Camila is anything far from a nerd. If you call her that one more time, I'll bring hell to you."

"Gosh Lauren, I was just kidding. Take a chill pill or something." The woman said.

"Lo, it's alright." Camila smiled as she held Lauren's fist that was on her shoulder.

"See. She gets it." Lucy said rolling her eyes.

"Because she's that nice, that educated." Lauren smirked before looking at the brunette and nodding as they walked away, leaving a scoffing Lucy.

"You didn't need to stand up for me at all times." Camila shyly said.

"Are you kidding? Standing up for you is one of my favorite things to do. They get to be scared of me, and they get away from you. It's a win-win." Lauren winked before stopping in her tracks and getting the umbrella from her locker.

"Scared of the sun?" Camila teased.

"Kind of, it's so hot it might burn us. Plus, don't wanna get tanned." Lauren grinned. The two continued to walk along side each other talking about everything they could ever think off. Lauren always had fun talking to Camila, it was great to have someone to talk about things that interests both of them.

"Hi, Welcome!" A short woman smiled as she waved at Camila and Lauren who had just entered.

"Hi Ally." The brunette smiled, Ally had been a friend of Camila eversince she started going to the bakery for her own pleasure. The bakery is kind of an all around place, not only does it have baked goods, but also pasta, and other more items.

"I've never been to this place." Lauren mumbled as she looked around.

"Hello Camila, It's a pleasure seeing you here today." Ally smiled, looking at Camila then Lauren-who was eyeing a nutella sandwich.

"What can I get for ya? Who's the pretty girl?" Ally smiled.

"She's Lauren, Dinah's friend, Normani's bestfriend and now my close friend." Camila chuckled.

"I've said so many friends there, but yeah! I'd like to get two baked macs for take out, bagels, and some hot cheetos." Camila smiled.

"Coming right up! Anything else?" Ally asked.

"I'd like a lasagna, and probably a nutella sandwhich for Lauren." Camila chuckled.

"And a banana?" Ally grinned.

"Definitely." Camila chuckled.

"Lo, I ordered a nutella sandwich for you." Camila said.

"You did?!" Lauren asked happily, while Camila gave her a nod.

"Thanks babe." Lauren smiled, Camila felt her cheeks turn red at the remark.

"Mila?" Ally called out.

"Do you like her?" The woman said while Camila furiously shook her head.

"Oh honey, you do know I have-"

"Can we discuss this somewhere more private?" Camila pleaded, while Ally nodded.

"Lo, I'm just going to the bathroom." Camila said as the green-eyed girl nodded.

"Where do you wanna seat?"

"You decide." Camila smiled before walking to the back.

"So?" Ally asked.

"Als, I'm confused as fuck." Camila groaned as she leaned back on the door by the restroom.

"Why? What got you so confused?" The Mexican asked.

"I'm pretty sure I marked Harry during the first week of February when he showed me affection. He hugged me, and I couldn't stop talking about it for a week straight! I was pretty drawn to him even more than I was when the school started and other than that, I dreamt of green eyes frequently." Camila started.

"Okay, sounds like a marking to me." Ally said.

"But here's the thing, a week later Lauren saved me from this softball that was about to hit me. I opened my eyes and I was drawn to her green eyes as well. Then the dream became much more prominent, green eyes and all that shit. Everytime I closed my eyes, All I could picture that night is green eyes. Until I decided to draw it." Camila said while Ally nodded as she urged the younger one to go on.

"Then apparently, after that incident with Lauren.  We became classmates due to their adviser being unable to attend the rest of the school year and yeah her class merged with hours. As if it was planned! Dinah happened to be close with Lauren's best friend Normani and we met properly. And gosh Ally! I couldn't talk to her properly, I kept on stuttering. And you know what else happened? The teacher made us seatmates." Camila continued on, while the shorter one listened attentively.

"Then Dinah noticed that I didn't stutter when I talk to Harry anymore, but thankfully she never noticed the stutter went to Lauren-the first day we met properly. Then whenever I would see Harry or we get to talk, I feel close to him but seeing and being with Lauren is different." The brunette added.

"And then the dream became much more occuring Ally! In my dream I kept on seeing this green-eyes with a touch of other color in them. But I wasn't able to see it in any of their eyes, or maybe I wasn't able to see it properly because of the lighting and such. They both had green eyes but in a different shade, That day Harry's looked like the normal touch of green eyes and Lauren's were emerald. I thought I was probably confused or what but look." Camila explained, opening her phone and showing her point.

"Oh my." Ally said in shock.

"Harry's eyes has a touch of yellow in it, and Lauren.. Gosh Lauren's eyes looked exactly like the drawing." Camila breathed out.

"Maybe it's just the camera effect or something?" Ally asked.

"I thought so too but Als, I was able to see this coloration of her eyes in person and I knew I was fucked." Camila groaned.

"Earlier today, Harry asked me to help him write a song or so. He was looking at me and playing his guitar, as if he was serenading me. I felt shy and flattered, but gosh! I went to the theater room looking for Lauren and I stumbled upon her singing backstage Als, they were just jamming around but when I saw her and our eyes connected, everything disappeared. I felt like it was just us." Camila confessed.

"Another thing, I said I dreamt of green-eyes when Harry showed affection right?" Camila said while Ally nodded.

"I never really saw his face or anything in the dream, but after finding out that Lauren and the drawing had the same eye appearance, I've been dreaming of her..nonstop Ally." The brunette said biting her lip.

"I don't know what to do! I marked Harry but why does it seem like Lauren's been messing my mind?"

"I don't think Lauren's messing with your mind." Ally said.

"What do you mean?" The brunette asked confused.

"I'm no expert in your field and all, but my conclusion is that you were just infatuated with Harry upon your incident." Ally started while Camila nodded confused.

"And since Lauren saved you, the dream was prominent. Mila, I think you didn't mark Harry.." Ally whispered.

"Are you saying I-" Camila started as her mind went to so many places, thinking about the green-eyed girl.

"Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 5.6K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
2M 105K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
585K 30K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
1.5M 48.1K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...