A Knight w/ Shinning Eyes

By bl_principito

[Royals Series] Neal and Eric's Book: *Can Be Read Separately* *Its a 2-in-1 story my guys* There was some... More

1. Fear
2. A Thankful Thought
3. Blank
4. Kill or "R-pe"
5. Mating
6. Being Dominated
7. Eric the Sir
8. Just A Lil' Jinx
9. Shane & Diesel
10. Pretty Eyes. Bright Eyes?
11. Fates Fox
12. A History Spill
13. Late Night Catchup
14. "Pure" Anger
15. Fully Aware
16. The Pack Next Door
Chapter "17"
Chapter "17" pt. 2
17. Addiction
18. Bonding Night
19. Their Arrogant Mate
20. Relationships Are Different - 1
21. Relationships are Different 2.
22. Home
23. Lost Brother
24. We Will Be Okay
25. Meet the Family?
26. Heading Back
27. A Fighting Chance
28. ะ•ะปะตะฝะฐ
29. Thas Family
30. Inexistent Time
31. Their Scent
32. Music Taste
33. Wake-up Call
34. Fall in Love
35. I Trust The Guy
36. A Chance to be Happy
37. Intimidation Pt.1
38. Spastically Worth It
39. Intimidation Pt.2
40. Definitely Middle Spoon
41. The End of a War
42. A Knife in a Word Fight
43. Family.
44. A Rogue from the Past
45. Official Luna
46. You Came to Me
48. Do Omegas Fight?
49. Ian's Epilogue
50. Neal's Epilogue

47. Pack Therapist

309 26 0
By bl_principito

Edit/Re-Written: July 9, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Forty-Seven; Pack Therapist

Warnings: none

Fluctuating 3rd POV

     The sun peeks out over the horizon, the light it brings expanding and bursting as it's distributed across the plains, the shadows taking on different shapes and sizes as it decorates the forest floor. Ian is walking through the camp, which isn't an unusual occurrence for him seeing as half of his Luna duties invoke him to be outside. What is unusual is having a boisterous friend walking alongside him, being annoying as ever - maybe even a tad bit more considering their audience.

     "Neal, can you please stop asking pack members weird and unusual questions? They're going to get the wrong impression." The Omega mutters with a stressed sigh, not letting his eyes flicker away from the request papers in his hold as he says so.

     Next to him he can practically see Neal look over his way and grin widely at the statement. Like it's funny and amusing to him. . .then again, it probably is. It's been two days since their arrival and they've made themselves right at home, not that Ian minds - not really. It feels like before, when they were in the cabin. Ian is used to being alongside Neal, there's no stress, no overthinking when it comes to him being himself. In the back of his mind he can't help but wonder if his mates mind. They said they didn't but Ian can't help but think their newfound attitude towards his best friend was too big a shift.

     "They already have the wrong impression. Seriously, don't you have any friends here? They're looking at us like you're having an affair or something." Said friend whispers, looking around the pack and noting how spacious it is. Not as spacious as Eric's pack but then again, this was a family centered pack that isn;t looking to expand, so the size makes sense.

     "I have friends." The Omega snaps and it makes Neal giggle.

     "Oh yeah?" He challenges, "Name one person."

     Easy, "Regina."

     "And who is this Regina?"

     Sighing, Ian disregards the idea of working. With Neal here, he probably wouldn't be able to anyways. Again, he doesn't mind. "A fighter, she takes over charge when neither me or my mates are here."

     With a hum, Neal throws his arm over Ian's shoulder and hauls him closer. "Why do you only have one friend?"

     "I don't." Ian says with a groan, resting his head back against Neal's arm as they continue walking through the pack. "It's just hard, okay? You know that I've never been social and being Luna just puts me on this pedestal so it's really awkward." There's a heavy pause before he adds, "I hang out with the pack children though, they're fun."

     A snort, "Oh, I bet they are."

     They continue like that, like they always have; sharing jokes and enjoying their company as well as the forest air as they make their way across the pack. Eric is with the head Alphas, having promised to aid them in improving their Pack's security and safety measures. And even while he is from another pack, there's no reason not to trust the Beta.

     "How's the big guy?" Neal asks, referring to the Omega's wolf. Peryus shifts within Ian, coiling as though he were trying to make a decision and hadn't he told him his name?

     "Peryus," He informs and Neal hums.

     "What?"

     "Peryus, that's his name."

     Stopping in his tracks, Neal turns to face him. Then, he grins, engulfing him in a hug despite the stares and whispers that travel amongst the pack. Despite their culture, they're family and considered Ian family too. And while gossip isn't something they pride themselves in, they didn't know what else to think.

     "Peryus," He repeats, and the whispered name settles something within Ian. He feels calm, at peace with his identity. Something, while not necessarily new, still something that he definitely isn't accustomed to.

     "Yeah. He uh, he wanted me to tell you." With a shrug he adds, "Felt like it was time."

     "Oh yeah, thank him for me please." Neal replies sarcastically, shrugging nonchalantly as he pulls away from the hug. "It only took me like, half my life to gain his trust."

     "Don't get salty at me, I tried to convince him." He explains, shrugging as well.

     "Well Peryus," He starts and Ian's wolf shifts at being addressed. "It's nice to finally have a name for that big snout of yours. You're quite stubborn, I'm kind of surprised it didn't take you longer to get mated."

     "Are you ever going to let that go? I went into heat!" And if it weren't Neal, if it had been anyone else, he knows he would've been too embarrassed to say something like that out loud. It isn't a surprise anyways, the whole pack knows now with his scent sprinkled with Luke, Lev and post-heat pheromones.

     "Hey, we both know that's a dumb excuse!" Neal squawks, "Whenever you went into heat at the cabin, you'd-" He doesn't get a chance to finish, not with how quick Ian is to slap a hand over the others mouth - effectively shutting him up.

     "What happened during his heats?" A new voice asks behind them and Ian screams, glaring at Neal as the fox grins against his palm mischievously. The voice is Luke, who has an equally matching grin on his face and behind him Lev and Eric stand, expressions no less amused than Lukes.

     Stepping back from Ian's palm, Neal inhales, "Well, mate numero uno, there's this thing he'd do - you know how Omegas nest right? Well, similar to that, but instead he'd go into the bathroom and-"

     "N-eal!" He screeches, lounging at his friend. Neal only laughs, wheezing as he dodges the attack and begins running in the opposite direction. His friend doesn't hesitate, running after him. They weave their way around the pack grounds, laughing and shrieking as their mates watch from the center, eyes filling with fondness.

__

     "Are you ready to go?" Ian asks, panting as they finally calm down from the chase. He falls against Neal on the dirt forest patch in front of Ian's packhouse. They'd run all around the pack ground, sometimes stopping so Ian could complete his "Luna duties" before getting into another banter. Now, nearing the end of the day, the pack members no longer sent the duo wary glances - having transformed into amused stares.

     Neal groans at the sudden additional weight, using his other hand to comb the hair on his forehead out of his forehead. "I mean, yeah. Eric's Pack and friends are nice, we only left because of what occurred, but now that it's over with - Eric wants to go back and help rebuild their fighting departments." He turns to look at the Omega and Ian's breath catches in the back of his throat at his best friend's bright green eyes. Have they always been that bright? "And you're right next door, so I can bug you all the time. What's there not to be ready for?"

     "The pack therapist."

     "No. Don't tell me that you're on Eric's side." He mutters, voice bitter and distant and the Omega whines pitifully at the tone, throwing a leg over his friend's torso and hugging him closely. Eric had discussed it with Neal the night prior, gathering him in his arms and nuzzling against his Bond mark to calm him as the words left him. To be clear, the words hadn't hurt Neal, but they had worked to expose him and leave him in harm's way of his own thoughts. Unsafe. Unprotected. Truthfully, he doesn't know if he can go back to therapy, what would the point be anyways?

     "Not Eric's side," He begins, pushing his chin onto Neal's shoulder and exhaling softly. "Yours, always. You need to go, and besides pack doctors are a lot different than human doctors. You might like this one."

     "I liked my last one." Neal admits reluctantly with a roll of his eyes and his best friend gasps next to him.

     "What? Why didn't you tell me? That's awesome!"

     He cringes at the excitement, "Is it?"

     Smacking his shoulder, Ian responds, "Neal, of course it is. You've never liked your therapists, this is progress!"

     "I still need to look up information on her-"

     A gasp escapes the Omega, "It's a her."

     "-Shut up. Point is, no ones that nice." Ian sends him a soft look as he sits up, giving Neal the space to pout and cross his arms over his chest. It's so like Neal to always doubt, to always question and never trust. It's what made him a great student, a great man, and an even better information broker. But it always works as a flaw when it comes to people genuinely trying to help him.

     "Can you give her another shot? For me?" At the request, Neal's eyes widen. For him, he can do that right? It won't hurt anyone and if helps Ian- then even better because he always wants to help Ian.

     With a reluctant nod, Neal agrees. "Y-Yeah, I can." And Ian smiles happily.

><><><><><

3

Kinda short and filler-ish. Sorry.

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

352K 17K 58
(Completed MXM) In a kingdom of wolves, a prince dwells with an unappealing attitude and a way of distancing himself from anything that deals with 'l...
140K 3.9K 45
When two lovers' best friends meet for the first time... lots of feelings can rise. Attraction, confusion, lust... love? Will they be able to overcom...
5.1K 301 23
"Growing up in a pack house full of rabid wolves was hard. Not being able to shift in a pack house full of rabid wolves was even harder. They would a...
2.3K 78 13
Home in Nevada | An MxM Love Story ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข ยฐ โ€ข Jeff was going home to Nevada for Thanksgiving with Lucy, his best...