gamer of the multiverse (game...

By alfieble

One guy jumps of a building to end it all but instead of what he wanted he gets a new life. A new life as a g... More

bio
Rewritten Prologue- An end and a start
Rewritten chapter 1- Roses beacon of hope
Rewritten chapter 2- Welcome to Beacon
Rewritten chapter 4 - Silver
Rewritten chapter 5 - Can't catch a break
chapter 6-Another day of bullshit
Extra chapter-random bullshit
Chapter 7- Some depressing things and murder
Chapter 8- Dungeon number 2
Chapter 9- Bang bang bang
Chapter 10- Dungeon and Blake
Chapter 11- Vergil and a new home
Chapter 12- Some more problems
Chapter 13- test of strength
Chapter 14- More worlds
Chapter 15- TO THE PLOT
chapter 16- grinding sucks
chapter 17- preparing for hell
chaper 18- Round 2

Rewritten chapter 3 - Initiation

2K 38 8
By alfieble

(Still got motivation. Who knew all I need to write is to actually enjoy it? Anyway todays question is What's ya favourite fanfic? Nothing else to say atm so lets just hop right into it)

I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling for a moment. Weird, haven't had a nightmare in years. I look around to see that i'm the first one up. I think about getting some extra sleep but decide not to. Don't wanna miss initiation after all.

(Y): "Early bird gets the worm, I guess"

I rub any remaining sleep out of my eye as I exit the ballroom. I quickly take a shower, brush my teeth and get changed. I notice some others get up but only an orange haired girl catches my attention. Only because she's so energetic though.

Anyway, I don't give the others any thought and head to the Locker room to grab Ebony and Ivory. My locker was right beside Ruby and Yang's so they catch up quickly. I holster Ebony and Ivory as well as some dust then turn to my sisters. They seem to have noticed the orange haired girl too. I didn't notice the guy she was with before though.

Y: "What's up with them?"

(Y): "Ah who knows. Childhood friends, secret lovers, maybe criminals in hiding. Ain't our business really"

Y: "I guess?"

(Y): "Indeed. Anyway Ruby, you look happier than normal. Never thought i'd see the day you like mornings"

R: "Nope, still hate them but todays initiation and that means no more awkward small talk or getting to know you stuff. I get to let my sweetheart do the talking"

She grabs Crescent rose and cuddles it. Heh, adorable. Still Insane but adorable.

(Y): "Ruby we've already told you that you can't date your weapon. Unless you manage to make it into an actual person in which case go ahead and show us"

R: "I'm still working on it"

(y): "I bet you are. Anyway Ruby your not the only one going through initiation. You gotta talk to people, make some bonds, build a team. Ya can't just not talk to people. It's a part of growing up"

R: "Ugh, you sound like dad"

I suddenly get a headache as she says that. Feels like somethings going to come loose but just refuses to budge. In other words it feels like my heads trying to split in half.

R: "First of all: What does meeting people have to do with fighting and secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up, I drink milk" 

(y): "I don't know sis, you're still pretty short. Don't think thats working out. Besides what are ya gonna do when we form teams?"

She shuffles awkwardly as she considers having to team up with other people.

R: "I'll just team up with you two"

Y: "Maybe you should try being on someone elses team"

R: "Are you saying that you two, my precious big brother and sister, don't want to be on a team with me?"

(Y): "No, Ruby its not that. Let me put it this way even if you team up with one of us, hell even if you team up with both of us, you're still gonna be around new people. I get that it's scary and we're not asking you to become like Yang in a day. We just want you to try ok?"

Ruby looks down, lost in thought for a moment before nodding her head.

R: "Alright, I can try but I still think you're being-" 

Jaune suddenly walks by and finishes Ruby's sentence. Heh, he has good timing. I could use a distraction. I decide to follow him, giving a quick goodbye to my sisters first.

J: "Ridiculous, I couldn't have put my stuff in locker 636, I would've remember having to count that high"

He walks past Weiss talking to this red haired girl with a disgustingly fake nice look on her face. Poor girl, hope she escapes Weiss before she gets dragged into whatever evil plot she's scheming.

I catch up to Jaune and tap his shoulder. he turns around quickly to meet me.

(Y): "Hey dude. How's ya morning been?"

J: "Oh, hey (Y/N). It was going well but now I can't find my locker"

(Y): "Well i'll help you look for it. Don't want you unprepared for initiation after all"

I follow him around the Locker room and eventually we find his locker. I look around and see no-one close so I decide to bring something up.

(Y): "Hey, Jaune. Yesterday you were gonna ask what Aura is weren't you?"

He stumbles for a moment. Before deciding to not even bother and just admit it.

J: "Yeah, I had no clue what you were on about"

(Y): "Don't worry about it, dude. I'll explain it for ya. Aura is something everyone has. It's the power of the soul, hell some people say it is the soul. It's a shield, it's a weapon, it's a tool but its also you. Most huntsmen and huntresses need aura if they don't wanna die"

J: "So... it's like a forcefield?"

I chuckle and place a hand on his shoulder.

(Y): "Sure dude, sure. Let me help you out a bit"

I close my eyes and focus as much as I can as I place a hand on his shoulder. 

(Y): "For it is in passing that our true selves are revealed. We shall awaken our true selves to become the champions of light that will fend off all evil in the name of hope. I release your soul so that you may be protected as you become the hero you were meant to be"

I open my eyes to see him glowing brighter than a light bulb. I smirk at the display as he slowly stops glowing. He takes a moment to intake what just happened and looks over himself.

J: "What... is this?"

(Y): "It's Aura buddy and it looks like you have tons of it. Passing initiation should be easy for you if you have this much. Don't go dying on me ya hear?"

J: "Woah. It feels amazing. With this I can easily pass initiation"

(Y): "I'm sure ya can. Just remember that it doesn't make you immortal. No-where close"

I pat his shoulder once more as an announcment starts.

A (announcement): "Will all first year students, please report to beacon cliff for initiation"

(Y): "Alright I'm gonna head over there. See ya later dude"

I give a quick wave to Jaune as I run away. I see him start talking to Weiss and that red haired girl just before I leave. I ignore it and quickly head over to the cliff to see a bunch of little squares. I decide to stand on one of them and wait as for everyone else to shop up. Eventually every student is lined up on the squares and the rules are explained. 

The teams are gonna be made today. I can practically hear Ruby's freak out from here. Oh it's decided by eye contact. Thats... weird. Ruby's definitely not gonna be happy about that. I give Jaune a worried look as he starts asking questions about landing strategies. I decide to not focus on it in favour of the new pop up.

[Quest- initiation

Complete initiation and officially become a student

Rewards

- 5 level ups

- 1 random item

- 2000 credits

- 1 weapon]

[Secret objective - ???????

Rewards

- 25 level ups

- one familiar ticket

- 1 random item]

Secret objective huh? The rewards sound good but I don't even know what it is so I doubt i'll get it. I close the pop ups but before I can even think the square beneath me launches me into the air. Oh so thats what the squares were for.

The thought runs through my head moments before I start freaking out. I quickly think through my entire arsenal only to realise that theres nothing I can do. My aura can't survive the fall, my guns aren't gonna be able to get rid of my momentum and I'd have to be way too close for me to do anything with my daggers. I didn't even realise I had closed my eyes until I was seeing nothing. My thoughts become clearer as I feel myself begin to fall towards the forest. Guess thats it, you made a bad choice system.

[I don't think so. I think you're better than that]

Well I don't see it. Why don't you tell me what ya think?

[I think you were chosen for a reason and I think that you're not someone who would give up just like that]

Maybe. It's a shame I'll probably never find that reason. I feel myself falling faster and faster as I open my eyes once more. I stare up at the clouds above me.

My lives flash before my eyes as I get closer to the forest. Every interaction in my past life, everything I left behind... and everything I have now. Simple things really, hanging out with Ruby and Yang, making fun of Jaune for being a dork... actually having a future. I give a weak sigh as my eyes fill with determination. I hate to say it but the systems right. I may as well give this my all.

I close my eyes once more and begin to focus on myself. Looking past my Aura to find something more mystical in nature. I reach out to grab it then begin to mold it before pushing it away from me. So far that it escapes my body. This leads to a clone appearing beside me with a blank expression. They turn to me and nod before throwing me higher into the air.  Alright I can use my mana. Lets experiment.

I once again focus on my mana but instead of molding it into something else, I start to channel it into me. It goes through my eyes, my arms, my legs before I grab it once more. I shape it and push it out beneath my feet. I suddenly feel myself stop moving as I open my eyes once more. I look down to see a small platform beneath myself. It's barely there, pretty much invisible yet its supporting my weight without any signs of effort.

[New skill {Mana infusion}]

[New skill {Mana vision}]

[New skill {Mana punch}]

[New skill {Mana step}]

[-300 mp]

I let out a small chuckle as I wipe away any sweat still remaining on me. Not dying yet, lets just find a way to get down. I focus on the mana in the platform below me and have it expel towards me. Once again I find myself shooting into the air. This is not what I wanted but I guess I can work with it.

[New skill {Jump pad}]

[-50 mp]

I flip myself so my feet are in the air then make another jump pad to send me flying towards the ground. I flip myself right side up and prepare to make another mana step. The speed i'm going at kinda makes it hard to think but I have to do this. I wait until just before I reach the tips of the trees and although my speed caused me to keep moving until I was barely an inch from the ground, I did stop. I ignore my heavily beating heart as I see the step cracked. I make it then take a minute to calm down.

[-250 mp]

I finally calm myself as I look around... Only to find myself surrounded by red eyes. Guess my fear attracted them. I pull out Ebony and shoot one right in the eyes. It's a shame I'm not afraid of them though. They come out from the shadows to reveal about 5 Beowolves and 2 Ursa. Nowhere near as bad as I thought. 

I give a cocky grin as they approach. It may be a bit difficult but I think I got this. Two of the Beowolves poune at me, so I jump back and put a bullet between their eyes. Not enough to kill them although I did crack their masks. I once again channel my mana and push it into Ebony and Ivory. I jump and flip over an Ursa to land on it. I put Ebony against the back of its head.

(Y): "Sorry Smokey" 

I pull the trigger, expecting a little more power, and suddenly find the Ursa's head vanished. I guess plan worked way better than expected. I aim Ivory over my shoulder and end up shooting a hole through the other Ursa's chest. Recoils not even that much worse. It really is magic.

[-100 MP]

50 MP did that? Good to know. I turn to the other Ursa's corpse only to see another Beowolf pouncing at me. I turn Ebony into a dagger and jam it into it's neck. I channel mana through my leg to make a jump pad then kick it in its Side. I feel my leg cut through it like butter. I quickly form another jump pad. It pushes my leg backwards into another Beowolf with enough force to kick off it's head. I pull Ebony out of the Beowolfs neck to see it covered in some black goop. Hope this comes off easily.

[-150 MP]

How much do I have left?

[150 MP]

That's pretty bad. I better hold onto it. I turn around to face the two remaining Beowolves. This shouldn't take too long. They quickly approach on opposite sides. Almost like they can Strategise. I jump as high as I can as they lunge at me and I watch as they bounce into eachother. I quickly land and hop on one of their backs. 

(Y): "Ya know i've always wondered" 

I jam Ebony's blade into it's head then try to peel off its mask. It came off but nothing came from it. Just another dead Grimm, that's a shame. I was reminded a second Beowolf was there as it pounced at me from the side and pinned me to the ground. Well isn't this a bad situation? It has my arms down, can't use Ebony and Ivory, and it's about to bite my head off. Guess I gotta use this last bit of mana. I place my foot against the monsters gut and once more make a jump pad. 

(Y): "Get the fuck off me!"

I empower the jump pad and watch as it gets launched into the air with enough power to pierce the heavens. I see it begin to fall until finally splating on the ground in front of me.

(Y): "That went pretty well" 

I fire a bullet through its head for good measure then holster Ebony and Ivory. 

[level up x5]

[Got rare drop {grimm mask}] 

[MP has been recovered from level up]

Rare drop? Low luck, my ass. I decide to open up my stats. I look through them. Well I have thirty points, may as well spread em equally. I put five points in each. That leaves me with five points left over. I'll put them in wisdom. MP is gonna be useful, so I want to get as much as I can. I look over my new stats with pride.

[Strength - 7

Agility - 8

Luck - 6

Wisdom - 20

Endurance - 9]

That'll have to do for now. I hear a sudden yell and look towards it only to see Ruby and Weiss on the back of a Nevermore. God damn it Ruby. I quickly start running after them, hoping they don't do anything stupid.

-Minor timeskip (I had a lot of these huh?) brought to you by Salem wondering how (Y/N) used magic-

After a while I see Yang and the black haired girl from yesterday picking up a chess piece? I walk over to them and take a piece of my own. A pawn, it'll do I suppose.

(Y): "So Yang, you gonna introduce me to your new friend?"

Y: "Oh hey (Y/N). This is my partner, for the next couple years, Blake. Blake, this is my little bro"

(Y): "Sup"

Blake gives me a nod.

(Y): "Anyway, Yang have you seen Ruby? Last time I saw her, she was hanging off the back of a nevermore"

Y: "Wait, she was doing wh-"

(Y): "Oh nevermind. She's still up there"

All of us look up to see Ruby and Weiss still hanging off the back of a Nevermore. Before anyone could comment, Ruby jumps off it. I click my tounge as I see Jaune fly in from the side too. I quickly make a jump pad and grab them both. We land safely on the ground.

[-150 MP]

(Y): "Sis, we've told you before that you can't fly. Didn't think we'd still need to tell ya this 10 years later"

R: "Shush... but thanks. Since when could you do that though?"

J: "Yeah, I thought I was about to go splat"

(Y): "Yeah I know what ya mean. Ruby you can think about that later. Right now we've got to figure out how we are gonna get her down"

We all look up to see Weiss still on the Nevermore. Guess we're doing this the hard way. I chuck my Ivory to Jaune. He looks confused as I smirk and point Ebony at the nevermore.

(Y): "Just shoot, don't think about it. Shoot!"

I pull the trigger and he does the same. Nothing happens for a few moments then we start to glow glow brightly, it's like we're a sun. I can feel the power already, Jaune really is a monster when it comes to Aura.

(Y): "Jackpot: Sun of a white knight!"

Suddenly the energy dissapears and shoots out of our guns in tiny beams. The beams are so small they can barely be seen... but still manage to blow up the Nevermores head and put a massive hole through its wing. It dissapates in an instant and Weiss is left falling. Do I have to save her? Ah, I hate being a hero. I make a Jump pad and catch her and land safely on the ground once more. I look down at her with a smug grin.

(Y): "Guess i'm your hero princess. Do I get a kiss?"

W: "You should get a punch after nearly killing me like that. Now put me down"

[-150 MP]

I get rid of the mana step below us and we drop to the ground. Ruby dashes over to get her relic and Jaune does the same. I notice some new additions to our group. The energetic girl, the red head Weiss was scheming about and the guy who hangs out with the energetic ones.

(Y): "Sup, i'm (Y/N)"

N: "My names Nora and i'm the queen of the castle. This is my partner Ren, we've been together forever... but not together-together ya know? Just toget-"

R: "Nora!"

I smile at their interaction before turning to the other red head.

(Y): "And you?"

P: "You... don't know who I am?"

(Y): "You do look kinda familiar but nope. Is that an issue?"

P: "Not at all. I'm Pyrrah Nikos, it's a pleasure to meet you"

(Y): "Great to meet ya too but it looks like your problem has followed us"

All of us jump to the side as a Deathstalker comes from the trees. My jackpot is still on cooldown so I can't kill this thing in one shot. It turns to look at us for a moment before slowly backing up into the forest. 

(Y): "...Well thats not right. We should get out of here before something else shows up"

J: "Yeah he's right. Lets get out of here guys... before something scarier shows up"

Only I hear that last bit and can't really blame him. I don't wanna see what made a deathstalker, or any Grimm for that matter, retreat.

(y): "Yeah, you guys should go ahead. I still need a partner so i'll stick around to see if anyones left"

Y: "Fine but run to the cliff if trouble shows up. Don't wanna lose you"

I nod at her as all of them run to the cliff. Ah I wish I wasn't lying but if what im feeling is right, whatevers out there is stronger than any Grimm i've seen and has mana. I don't flinch as the corpse of the Deathstalker flys by me, instead I turn around to see what foul beast awaits me.

A horrifying thing jumps out from the trees and lands right in front of me. It lets out a loud roar, that seems to shake the air itself, right in my face. I keep a calm face even though I am absolutley terrified.

?: "Sparda!"

(Y): "That's not even close to being my name. Where'd ya pull that one from big guy?"

I give this... beast a proper look over. It's like one big murder machine. Claws that could rip even the strongest grimm to shreds, eyes that glow murderous intent and, beyond all that, it seems to be angry at me. 

(Here's a pic cuz im trash at descriptions)

?: "You carry the scent of Sparda! His decendant? A reincarnation? It does not matter. I shall rip you limb from limb and send you to the eternal depths of hell from which I came"

(Y): "You can try it but I don't think it's gonna go well for ya"

?: "Cocky just like the last Sparda brat. Even this weakened state will be more than enough to defeat a pathetic decendant of Sparda like you!"

He keeps bringing up that name. Sparda. I've never heard a name like that in this world or the last why does that sound so familiar? I suppose it really doesn't matter, all I know is I have to kill him or at the very least stall him until help arives.

(Y): "I really don't know, or care, what you're talking about but what I do know is that I can't have you hurting people. So lets send you back to hell, yeah?"

I cringe at my one liner then quickly make a jump pad to back up as he throws one of his massive fists towards me. Alright, lets do this. I channel my mana and fire two mana empowered shots at him. It did no damage at all. 

It lets out a roar as it rushes at me. I once more dodge out the way as I try to think of a plan which means I didn't see him stop. I feel a large surge of pain as his fist is launched into my back and I get sent flying into a tree. At least my aura's intact... barely though.

[-1500 Aura]

[-150 MP]

Alright, let's get back into it. My thought gets interrupted by that monster slamming onto the ground in front of me, causing me to jump up into the air, then grabbing me. He holds onto me for a moment, just staring at me.

?: "Pathetic!"

he then lets me go only to uppercut me high into the air. I cringe once more as I feel my aura shatter. I begin to fall for the second time today, i've been doing that a lot lately. 

[Aura has been shattered. -150 HP]

[Got a plan?]

Not really. It's shattered my aura and can probably kill me in one shot.

[Will you give up?]

I should. I really should but- I flip myself around so I can face it. Thinking about letting that thing roam free when innocent people could get hurt from it. It disgusts me. 

I begin to channel my mana once more, I allow it to do what it wants. Without a guide it courses through my muscles, my blood, my very existence. It runs through me several times over before it moves to my eyes and I feel something awaken. My eyes feel different. Like they're a well of a power. It's weird but I like it. 

[-500 mp]

[Silver eyes have activated. Transformation unlocked {warrior of light}. All stats have been increased by 20]

[Current state:

HP - 750/900

MP - 1550/2000

What do you plan to do?]

I don't have a plan but what I do know is how I feel right now, with this new power running through me. I just really wanna punch the bastard. I make a jump pad and launch myself towards him. He throws a fist towards me, daring me to try and match his power. I take that bet.

[-150 mp]

I throw my fist towards it and both of us meet. My punch overpowers his and I end up knocking away his fist. I make another jump pad to power up a kick and send it straight into his chin. I land on the floor and give a confident grin.

?: "How dare you lay a hand on me! Disgusting vermin!"

It lets out another roar as it suddenly grows four wings. It's roar continues as I feel something new. Moments later he explodes with light, sending me back and burning me badly... but at the same time I can feel myself getting stronger. 

[New silver eye ability unlocked {Light absorbtion}]

[10000 MP absorbed]

[MP has gone over the limit, mana overload is in effect. If you don't get rid of all excess mana within 5 minutes. You will die]

[-500 HP]

Well then guess I better speed this up then. I send as much of that mana as I can handle into me, powering me up further. A plan is formed as I take half of that mana and drag it all to a single point then make a clone.

[-5000 MP used. Mana clone has been overpowered, Clone with soul achieved]

I pass the clone Ivory and we both point our guns towards this monster. I send the remaining 5000 mana between us. The monster roars once more and rushes towards us.

[Mana overload has been avoided however Jackpot will be overloaded with power. This has a 50% chance to kill you]

(Y)/C(Y): "Don't give a damn. Jackpot: Bring light to darkness"

The effect was instant. I could feel the clone dissapear as a blast, overpowered beyond belief, fires towards the monster... then enters it without doing anything. It stops it's charge and lets out a vile laugh as nothing happens.

?: "All that power just to waste it? Truly a pathetic creature. I shall end t-"

It was interrupted as its body explodes into a small nuke of light. Leaving nothing put a pair of monsterous legs. They never give it time. I let a tired smile cross my face as I fall onto one knee. The pain slowly increasing as the adrenaline leaves me. I guess I survived the 50/50 huh?

[You did, while your clone didn't. It embraced your will to win even if it killed you in that moment. Mortals really are interesting. Either way you should get moving, your time limit is almost up. That also reminds me]

[For defeating a multiversal anomaly, you have gotten several rewards. Would you like to claim them now?]

[Level up x30]

No thanks,don't think I could understand what i'd be getting if i'm honest. I'll get the rewards later. Multiversal anomaly huh? Wonder how he got here. I guess it doesn't matter, it's dead after all. As I start my slow and painful limp towards the cliff, all I can think is...

(Y): "This is gonna take a while"

(Sorry if the combat was terrible. Tried my best. Also if the ending to that fight seems bullshit, thats cuz it was. Hell of a way to introduce silver eyes though. Wonder how Ozpin feels about all that?)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HP - 900/900

MP - 2000/2000

Aura - 2900/2900

Level 37

Strength - 7

Agility - 8

Luck - 6

Wisdom - 20

endurance - 9

points - 30

Mana clone - lvl 1

One mana clone will take 100 mana and will only do one thing before vanishing. When level ten is reached, the player will be able to control every spawned clone as a hive mind

Mana vision - lvl 1

You use mana to improve your own vision. Even at this moves weakest state it allows you to see others with mana and predict their moves in by reading their soul. 

Mana infusion - lvl 1

You begin to explore into the world of magic. You infuse it into your own body using it to improve your own power. This will start your path to becoming the strongest

Mana punch - lvl 1

You use your magic to power up your punch beyond mortal strength. With enough practice this move can be used to attack someones very being, their very existence. 

Mana step - lvl 1

You allow your mana to come fourth and take form, trusting it to hold you, at it's highest level it will be your strongest shield. 

Jump pad - lvl 1

Using the mana step as a basic you expel the mana from within to launch you towards whatever you wish. At it's highest level this was said to be able to launch people lightyears in a simple moment.

Gamers body - lvl max

The Gamer will never get tired, their potential is infinite. They can have any bloodline, any transformation. It is simply a matter of time before they become the strongest. Sickness will never effect the gamer unless they fuse with a being that is already sick.

Gamers mind - lvl max

The Gamer can intake any amount of knowledge. They can easily learn anything regardless of the complexity. Just as their body shall one day reach perfection, so will their mind. Mental debuffs, telepathy, illusions and mind control will have no effect

??? POV 

Well would ya look at that. He actually managed to beat Beowulf, weak as he may have been. I may actually get to have fun for once. I will enjoy watching you progress (Y/N). You may be a true decendant after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 480 31
Once a mercenary, Y/N "Jet" L/N is captured by Ozpin after a mission gone wrong. The deal is simple join his school or be killed (if he's lucky). Aft...
6.2K 145 15
After I died due to a mistake that God made, he gave me a second shot at life for his mistake. As a different man, in a different world. The world o...
92.6K 1K 34
Y/N L/N died by an accident and a powerful mysterious figure gave him a second chance to live and with a powerful ability and an ancient artifact to...
290K 5.9K 39
Wolf, Chosen Undead, Bearer of the Curse, Ashen One, Tarnished, Good Hunter, You've heard it all, you've done it all, and you're tired of it all. You...