Trust Me

By PugLove6

After witnessing her mother's execution, Princess Astrid is left a traumatic sight permanently engraved in he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
AN
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
AN
Chapter 10
AN - I need your help
AN

Chapter 8

137 8 17
By PugLove6

"Have you seen the Prince at all today?" A young man asked. "His fiancé is going to arrive soon and I wouldn't want him to be late".

The maid shook her head but suggested he looked in the Prince's bedchambers. The man nodded and started to walk briskly down the hall, grumbling under his breath as he did so.

That stupid boy is going to be late

He halted at the Prince's door and proceeded to knock the door twice. The knocks were answered with a firm "enter" from the other side. The young man entered and saw the Prince looking at a mirror trying to tame his unruly, auburn hair.

"Ah, hello Eugene!" Hiccup said cheerfully, "What brings you here?"

Eugene was the young mans name. He was a well known and a respected gentleman who was one of the Prince's closest friend.

"Do you know what the time is Hiccup?" Eugene said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

Hiccup frowned, "Did you really come here just to ask me what the time is?"

"Yes, I want to know if you know what the time is".

"My pocket watch is on the desk, have a look at it." Hiccup looked away from the mirror to meet his closets friends irritated gaze. "Did you loose your watch?"

"No I haven't lost my pocket watch but you have lost track of the time"

"I have? What time is it then?" Hiccup said looking back at the mirror, still fiddling with his hair.

Eugene sighed, "Its ten minutes to twelve".

"What! My fiancé will be here in ten minutes!", Hiccup panicked.

"Yes I know, that's why I was sent by you Father to find you. Come on, you will be extremely late if you do not come now".

"But I haven't finished with my hair!" Hiccup whined as Eugene dragged him away from the mirror.

The two young men quickly jogged down the halls in hopes that they won't be too late. Hiccup knew that they would be late if they didn't hurry but he kept looking in every mirror they passed to adjust his hair once again.

"What are you doing with your hair?" Eugene asked with an obvious expression of amusement.

"I'm just trying to look presentable" Hiccup huffed as he tried to tuck away a stray piece of hair.

"Come here, let me do it".

Eugene then proceeded to ruffle his friends hair so it was in the classic style of untameable auburn hair (like in httyd 2 but without the braids).

"Oi! Eugene what the fu-"

"Hush! We really do need to hurry now, she'll be here soon".

As Eugene said that, they could hear the familiar sound of horses trotting along the stoney road towards the palace. The young men walked over to the window and saw a regal carriage being drawn by two, large, strong brown horses. Eugene know it was the Princess and her family as the carriage was being pulled by the two finest horses in the royal stable that was only used to collect very important people.

"Shit there're here! Stop gawking at them and hurry up!" Eugene instructed.

"Hang on! I'm trying to get a glimpse of her" Hiccup replied, ignoring the fact that Eugene was about to carry him away from the window if it would get him to the throne room on time.

"Imagine, you will get to talk to her when you meet her in the throne room!" At this point Eugene had given up trying to move Hiccup and tried to persuade him to move away from the window.

Hiccup was looking outside of the window excitedly. He looked like a child who had seen the powdery snow that dusted the trees from their bedroom window.

Then he saw her. Her flowing locks of liquid gold twisted into a bun with loose braids at each side of her head. She was wearing a light pink dress covered in lace around the neckline and at the bottom of the skirt in a draping effect. The dress also had bows that went around the skirt. Hiccup could also see diamond earrings reflecting the sunlight and a small silver necklace that completed her already perfect look. The Prince was in awe of his beautiful wife to be.

"Alright stop drooling", Eugene said teasingly.

"I am not drooling!" Hiccup defended, "Now hurry up! I want to meet my fiancé!"

Eugene's mouth hung open. The Prince had just told him to hurry up even though that's what he'd been trying to do the entire time! By now the Prince had left the window and was striding out of the door, making his way to his beautiful Princess. Eugene had to briefly run down the hallway to catch up with the Prince as he was walking so fast.

"Someone's excited", he muttered.

"I'm very excited. Did you see how gorgeous she is?" Hiccup babbled happily.

Eugene didn't say anything and just rolled his eyes. He was never going to get Hiccup to shut up about his fiancé now.

"Did you see the Princess's companion?" Hiccup asked, "I think it was her sister, Princess Rapunzel"

Eugene's ears pricked up.

"I didn't know she was bringing her sister. What did she look like?"

"Someone's excited", Hiccup mocked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Oh shut up. We are here now anyway".

Hiccup took a deep breath as the guards opened the doors for them. They strode grandly through the doors and were met by an irritated King Stoick.

"Eugene" King Stoick boomed loudly, "What took so long to find my son?"

"The Prince decided it was necessary to stop at every single mirror on the way to check his appearance your Majesty". Eugene declared.

"Sounds like something Snotlout would do" The King replied.

"That is such an insult!" Hiccup said indignantly as he made his way to stand next to his Fathers throne, ready to greet their guests. Knowing how nervous his friend was, Eugene took his place next too Hiccup and offered him a supporting smile. Hiccup smiled back gratefully and looked ahead again as someone started to announce the arrival of his fiancé and her family.

"Made it just on time eh?" Eugene whispered.

"Yeah", Hiccup replied with a smile.

"Your Majesty, King Fredric of Corona and his family".

And that's when it happened. His green eyes met her blue ones...

So they meet!

Terribly sorry for the wait (again)

I hope to have another chapter up tomorrow because I have spare time as I'm currently in isolation.

Anyway, what do you guys think of the story so far? Should I continue or give up?

If you guys want me to continue, I was thinking of completely rewriting the story. It would be the same plot but I would spend more time perfecting my writing as I know I'm not the greatest at the minute.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 345 23
This Story is about Hiccup and Astrid but mostly about Hiccup's life. When Hiccup was 5 years old, always hanging out with Astrid, one day he got sic...
76.3K 1.6K 66
Just my Fanfiction about Hiccstrid. This is a modern Fanfiction if you guys don't know. Here in this book, I will compile my ideas obout Hiccstrid. P...
14.6K 298 40
In the wake of their lost heir's dramatic reappearance, Berk has changed for the better. Unfortunately for our heroes, they do not have time to stay...
31.1K 609 27
Hiccup and Astrid have an amazing life living as Chief and Chieftess of Berk with their beautiful daughter Zephyr. It has been a few years with only...