Gentle | Ushijima

By greysinx

[ Haikyuu Fanfiction ] Ushijima was not what I was expecting, at least not what I thought of him to be. A qui... More

1/The Twin
2/Study Session
3/Replaced
4/Late Nights
5/Captured Embrace
6/Two Love's
7/Bad Love
8/All Confessions
9/Final Game
10/Loved
11/Movie Night
12/Christmas Blues
13/Christmas Day
14/New Years
15/Under The Sky
16/Valentine's Surprise
17/Its Over
18/Mistakes
20/Sweet
21/ Nightmare
22/Fairytale
23/Supportive Surprise
24/A Friend
25/Golden Dove
26/Gentle Giant
27/Gentle Goodbye

19/Gentle Ace

2.4K 62 25
By greysinx

Spring

Ushijima and I were taking a nice walk around the city. We're both always working and we have school so we didn't get to explore Tokyo a lot when we first moved here.

We walked in a comfortable silence. We looked at all the people and cars go by us and the sound of the birds flying around was all you could hear.

We walked the outskirts of town, looking at the fields that lined the streets. As we walked hand in hand, he lifted my hand to his mouth and he kissed my hand. I smiled at him before we continued our walk.

We saw a cat on our walk. I knelt down and it came up to me. I pet the cat as it rubbed up against my leg, purring loudly. I looked up at Ushijima and he was loo down at the cat before meeting my gaze.

You: Do you want to pet the cat?

He nodded yes.

You: Kneel down and just hold out your hand.

He did as I told him too. He knelt down and held out his hand gently. The little cat approached him and purred. Ushijima had this soft little glow in his eyes when he was able to pet the cat.

You: The cat likes you.

Ushijima: I suppose so.

I smiled at him before I stood up. He looked up at me, then back down at the cat. He pet the cat a little more before it walked it's way back into the tall fields.

Ushijima: Can we get a cat?

You: Some day maybe. Why?

Ushijima: It liked me.

You: Well you showed the cat love and affection, of course it's going to like you.

We continued our walk when Ushijima put his arm around me. He pulled me close to him and he kissed me. His kisses trailed down to my neck as he kissed gently.

You: Toshi..? What are you doing?

Ushijima: Well you said showing affection makes stuff like me, so I wanted to show you affection.

I smiled and looked down at the ground. I looked up at him and kissed him. I ran my fingers through his hair.

You: Toshi, I'm in love with you. You don't have to try to make me like you.

Ushijima: I want to make sure you like me.

You: You'll never have to worry about that. I'll never stop loving you.

Ushijima: Good. I don't want to lose you.

I felt blush engulf my face. I laughed lightly before walking again. I looked behind me to see Toshi looking out at the field, where the cat left. I smiled.

You: We can get a cat when we graduate. Now come on, we should get home.

Ushijima looked at me and nodded. He jogged up to me and we walked home in a comfortable silence as usual.

I've given up on trying to make him talk or engage a conversation. He'll talk to me when he wants to. Otherwise, we're just silent together. Well, that is unless I feel talkative or I'm angry and he makes me talk to find out why I'm angry.

We got back to the apartment. I went to get water from the kitchen. As I was drinking my water, I felt my body get lifted off the floor. Ushijima set me on the counter and he looked up at me. He stood between my legs and wrapped his arms around me.

He kissed me softly before nuzzling his head into my neck. I ran my fingers through his hair. His breath went over my collarbone which made me shiver.

He usually does this when he has a lot on his mind but he doesn't want to talk about it. I usually just hold him close to give him a sense of security. Running my fingers through his hair calms him and holding him just eases his body.

Ushijima: Honey..

You: Yeah Toshi?

Ushijima: Do I show you enough affection?

You: Of course you do. Why would you question that?

Ushijima: I feel like I neglect you.

You: You don't Toshi. Just seeing you makes my day. You don't have to worry about stuff like that okay?

Ushijima: ...alright

That tone kind of scared me. Usually he's blunt and his words have no hidden meaning but-.. his tone was off. He sounded suspicious or worried.

I lifted his head and kissed him. I kissed him slow and passionately. He seemed taken back but he eased into it quickly and returned the kiss. His hand caressed my face as I held his in my hands.

You: Wakatoshi.

Ushijima: Hm?

You: Stop doubting yourself. You're an amazing boyfriend and you're doing everything just right. Don't doubt anything about us okay?

Ushijima looked at me. Same, expressionless face but he had that glow in his eyes. That glow of life and curiosity. I kissed him again and played with his hair. He kissed my jawline as I played with his hair.

He kissed my neck gently before I heard a small yawn from him. I looked down at him to see him looking a little sleepy. I smiled and kissed his forehead.

You: Are you getting sleepy?

He nodded yes. He nuzzled his head into my neck as he held me tighter. I wrapped my legs around his waist and just comforted him.

He picked me up and carried me to the bedroom. He sat down on the bed, setting me on his lap. I kissed his forehead and looked at him.

You: I'll go make you some tea while you get ready for bed okay?

He nodded yes again. I patted his head and got up off of him. I went to the kitchen and started to make him some tea.

While I was waiting for that to finish, I changed into some more comfortable clothes. I put on some shorts and one of Ushijima's hoodies.

When the tea finished, I brought some in the bedroom for Ushijima. He was reading a book when I came in. I handed him his tea and sat down next to him on the bed.

As he drank his tea, I played with his hair a bit. Helping him ease his mind so he could sleep better.

He put his tea down in the nightstand and laid down. I laid down next to him, brushing his hair out of his face. He pulled me on top of him and he held my waist as I straddled him.

I kissed his forehead and ruffled his hair a bit as he looked up at me with sleepy eyes. I kissed him gently and he kissed me back. I laid down on his chest and he rubbed my back gently.

After a bit, he finally fell asleep holding me in his arms. I kissed his cheek and tried to relax myself so I could sleep. I looked up at him and smiled before I fell asleep my self.

His arms were so comforting. Feeling his tight grip around me, like he was protecting me. He's strong, and scary but..

...he's gentle...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

173K 4.5K 26
A story where the semi-clueless Ushijima Wakatoshi agrees to playing a game of truth or dare, and somehow ends up with a girlfriend. Started: Novembe...
1M 39.9K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
117K 2.4K 21
Kozume Kenmi is Kenma's little sister, and just like her brother she loves volleyball. Though some events at Nekoma have her transferred into a new s...
119K 3.9K 17
Book 2 A whole year has passed since the two have seen each other. A practice match brings them back, but how long can they stay?