Sakura Blossoms in May OC×Oik...

Galing kay sakura-ren

Ren Sakura is a second year at Aoba Johsai high school. After becoming infatuated with the setter Tōru Oikawa... Higit pa

The Tall Boy With Brown Hair and Eyes
flushed Cheeks
Blue Skys
Rumers
Fair Skin
New Friends
A date!?
Update on Sakura Blossoms in May

Blue cherry blossoms

8 1 0
Galing kay sakura-ren

Ren picked up her bag from the club room, opened the door and walked out. She was beaming with joy. She was excited to learn how to do a jump serve from Oikawa. Maybe she just wanted to see Oikawa though. He was Aoba Johsai’s resident pretty boy after all. 

She walked out into the cool night, her sports jacket clinging to her body. It was still. She stared up at the sky the stars glistening in the dark night. May was Ren’s favourite month. It was warm and spring was so colourful. Her birthday was in May too, the fifteenth. She began walking towards the gym where the boy’s volleyball team practiced. It was kind of far but Ren didn’t mind. She enjoyed the cool night and admired it as she walked. 

Finally reaching the boy’s gym she took a deep breath then slid the door open. 

“Hello? Oikawa-san are you still here?” The small girl asked peering her head into the gym. 

“Oh Sakura-chan, yea it’s just me in here. You can come in.” He said walking over so he could see her head peering through the doors. He smiled at her, that same smile he gave to all his fangirls. 

“Thank you for having me,” Ren said bowing her head. She walked in looking around the gym. It was bigger than the one she used but looked pretty similar. Unzipping her jacket and taking it off she placed it on a nearby bench then began to warm up. She did a few stretches then reached for her bag. She pulled out her knee pads and a wrist brace. Putting them on, she then stood up to face Oikawa who had just been setting to himself. She stared at him awkwardly hoping he would say something so she didn’t have to. No luck he just kept setting to himself. “Oikawa-san…” She stared as she was thinking of what to say next.

“Oh are you all warmed up?” He asked stopping what he was doing to look at the small girl. 

“yea .” She said a little coldly, not entirely meaning to sound that way. 

“Alright, come over here,” Oikawa said his face was serious and he gestured for her to come to where he was standing. 

She walked over and their lesson began. Oikawa told her about how to properly do a jump serve. He showed her how to do each step. Ren listened intuitively, taking in everything. 

“You get all that?” He asked, smiling a bit at her. 

“Yea I did.” She said smiling genuinely for the first time of the night. 

“I’ll do one now to show you. You might want to move out of the way.” He said, chuckling a bit. 

She moved out of the way and waited for him to do a jump serve. He threw the ball up with one arm then began running, lunged then jumped up. He hit the ball, hard. It flew across the court making a loud smash when it hit the ground. It was out. She gazed at him her eyes lit up. It was amazing. 

Oikawa stared at the small girl sitting on the bench facing him. Her blue eyes wide and sparkling in awe. There was something about her, he thought. She acts so cold like she has a wall of ice around her. But inside she’s softer than she wants anyone to know. She’s like a blue cherry blossom. Cold on the outside but soft and pastel on the inside. 

Ren stood up abruptly and ran over Oikawa. “Can I try?” She asked eager wanting to try the serve the amazing setter had displayed before her. 

He nodded using that same fangirl smile of his. 

Ren picked up the ball he had used. Walked to the other side of the net then stared at the ball in her hands. She was nervous but she wasn’t going to let Oikawa know that. He probably could tell though, despite her trying to hide it. She took a deep breath, then threw the ball up in the air. She hesitated for a second then ran up, lunging forward then jumping into the air her arms raised. She did it just the same as he had. The only difference was that she couldn’t jump nearly as high as he could. Then she hit the ball as hard as she could. She closed her eyes scared to see what would happen but she didn’t hear it hit the ground. Instead, it hit the net then hit her right in the face. She fell backward onto the hard gym floor. 

“Pffft...Hahaha!” She looked over to she Oikawa who was laughing at her epic fail of a first try. 

“Quit laughing!” She yelled laying on the hard gym floor. 

“Haha… Sorry. You alright?” He asked still laughing. He walked over to her putting his hand out to help her up. 

“Yea… I think so.” She said grabbing his hand. He pulled her off the ground maybe a little too hard though cause the small girl got pulled with so much force she had to run to keep herself from falling. Brushing off her shorts and shirt she looked at Oikawa who was still laughing at her. She glared at him annoyed by his childish actions. 

“Want to call it a day?” Oikawa asked walking over to where the ball had dropped to go to put it away. 

“Yeah sure. Sounds good.” She said gathering her stuff. 

“Alright, I’ll pack up here you go change. Don’t miss me too much Sakura-chan.” Oikawa said grinning at her tossing a volleyball into the cart with all the others. 

She glared at him, her blue eyes practically piercing into his soul. She grabbed her stuff then stormed off into the night. It had only gotten colder than it was before. Ren shivered as she walked back to the club room. She went to open the door but there was one small problem. It was locked, and she didn’t have the key. Ah, shit she thought contemplating what to do. She diced to take off her knee pads and put on her sports pants and zipped up her jacket. She sighed then diced it was best to just trek back to the front gate and go home in her sports uniform. She began walking back to the front gate. She figured Oikawa had already left so there was no point going back to the boy’s gym. 

She pulled her long blond hair out of the high pony it was currently in and let it down. Normally during school, she pulled two strands of hair and pinned them in the back finishing it off with a ribbon. She would fix it after practice too but didn’t bother this time. Ren let out a long sigh. She wasn’t really a fan of the cold or any extreme weather for that matter. 

She was approaching the front gate of the school but as she was walking she noticed something. A figure leaning against the gate. A tall one on top of that. Who the hell is that? Ren thought creeped out that some tall man was waiting at the gate. It was too dark to really tell who it was so she slowly approached the gate. Squinting her eyes she noticed a familiar head of hair. It was none other than Aoba Johoai’s resident pretty boy Toru Oikawa. 

“What are you still doing here? I thought you went home.” Ren said coldly not showing that she was happy that it was him and not a creep. 

“How mean! I could never leave a girl alone in the dark!” He said closing his eyes and crossing his arms as he leaned against the gate. “Why are you still in your sports jacket? Didn’t you change?” He said opening his eyes to look at her. 

“It was locked and I don’t have the key. I’ll change when I get home.” She said. She was tired from all the practice and just wanted to go home. She started walking home but Oikawa ran up to where she was in no time. 

There was an awkward silence between the two. Ren who didn’t have very many friends and didn’t know how to interact with the flamboyant boy beside her. And Oikawa who knew nearly nothing about the short girl didn’t really know what he could say. So there they were two teens walking alone at night with nothing to say to each other. Rens’s cheeks were flushed and not because of the cold. She didn’t like the silence and being alone with the tall boy with brown hair and eyes made her a little flustered. 

Ren sighed then looked the other way away from Oikawa. Her blue eyes looked bored and her blond hair moved when she walked. Oikawa then noticed something. How the small girl clung to her arms hugging herself. Was she cold, Oikawa thought? 

“You cold?” he asked looking at her. He didn’t have a flashy smile or a tone to his voice; he just simply asked the girl. 

“AH!” Ren yelled startled by the silence finally being broken. She whipped her head around to look at the boy who had spoken to her. He looked at her confused as to why she had yelled.

“Sorry… I just got used to the silence. I’m fine though.” She said looking in front of her as they walked. 

“You were just hugging yourself so I thought you might be,” He said. She was cold though she just didn’t want to admit it. 

“I’m fine.” She said but this time her voice had a softness to it, her mouth slightly curled into a small smile. She looked comfortable. “I never thought I’d be walking alone with you...if I'm being honest.” She said after a second. 

Oikawa was caught off guard by this comment. Is she opening up? He thought. “ What, you thought you’d never walk alone with the famous Oikawa?” He said smirking a bit. He too was becoming more comfortable with the short blond girl. 

She giggled then said, “Yea that’s exactly it.” She was smiling now, her eyes looked happy too. “You’re like the most popular guy in our grade and I tend to keep to myself.” She said.

“You’re not wrong about that, I didn’t know you even went here till recently.” He said smiling a bit smugly. 

“I didn’t either,” Ren said laughing a bit. This cold ice queen was finally opening up to him. 

“Did I hear you right?” Oikawa said kind of confused as to what she had just said. 

“You did.” She laughed then said, “I had a boyfriend last year so I didn’t pay attention to other boys.” She said but there was a hint of sadness in her expression and voice. 

“Look at you Sakura-chan.” He said smugly smirking at her. 

“Oh shut up.” She rolled her eyes at him then realized they had reached her house.  “Oh, I live here.” She said stopping. 

Oikawa stopped too then looked at the house they had stopped at. “I live pretty close to here actually. Funny we never ran into each other.” He said.

Ren thanked Oikawa for walking her home and Oikawa suggested meeting up to walk together to school in his childish way. She declined then walked into her house leaving him outside in the cold. He decided to head home too and left. Today has been fun... Ren though. 

Hey guys!! ٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶ sorry for not updating I'ver the weekend stuff came up but ill will update as much as I can! I really enjoyed writing this chapter the Ren×Oikawa content is here. I hope you guys enjoyed this update and I'll be back with more content soon!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

14.7K 304 9
Oikawa hated the fact someone was joining the team. The person he hated after not seeing him in a long time saw him again in high school when they ha...
20.2K 898 30
After a big rift in high school, Hajime Iwaizumi and Tōru Oikawa thought their friendship was permanently broken. For the rest of their teenage years...
235K 8.1K 31
Her rival isn't supposed to fall for her, especially if he's the one that her brother, Oikawa Tōru, despises with every fiber of his being. Shiori is...
299K 8.5K 31
Rivals to lovers type beat ;)) You are the new girl transferring to Aoba Johsai. Being a well known setter in the volleyball community, right when yo...