Lapis Lazuli: the Ninja Princ...

Galing kay princesslapis725

Princess by day, ninja by night A princess in ancient Japan named Lapis Lazuli has lived a sheltered life. Sh... Higit pa

Chapter 1: A Fairytale Falls Apart
Chapter 2: A Sheltered Life
Chapter 4: Runaway Princess

Chapter 3: A Message for Marriage?

73 1 0
Galing kay princesslapis725

One thing on her daily schedules that Lapis disliked the most was meeting with the noblemen who lived in or near the Kaiyo Kingdom. They all came in hopes of winning the girl's hand in marriage. It was annoying because the princess wasn't looking for a man to marry, but her mother never listened. Everytime a nobleman would attempt to court her, Lapis would always reject him. The empress was not pleased.

One day, Empress Blue Diamond had requested her handmaidens to bring her daughter to her throne room. She had received an important letter that she just needed to share with the princess.

"Thank you for bringing my daughter here, ladies." Blue told her servants.

"It is always a pleasure to the royal family, Your Excellency." one handmaiden said as they all bowed before the empress.

And assuming that this was a private matter, they left Lapis and her mother alone.

"Lapis, I have some wonderful news." the empress beamed.

"What is it?"

her daughter raised an eyebrow. Usually, Lapis' idea of good news and Blue's idea of good news were radically different.

"I just received a message from the emperor of the Yama Kingdom." the Kaiyo ruler explained, holding a scroll.

"The Yama Kingdom?" the princess echoed.

Maybe she missed something in one of her geography lessons, but her tutor had never taught her anything about this Kingdom of Yama.

"Yes." her mother nodded. "The emperor of Yama has informed me that his son is requesting your hand in marriage."

"What?" Lapis chuckled. "Is this some kind of joke?"

"Read it for yourself." Empress Blue handed the scroll to her daughter for her to look over:

Empress Blue Diamond of the Kaiyo Kingdom,

I deliver exciting news. My son Dolomite has heard word of your beautiful daughter Princess Lapis Lazuli from visiting noblemen. He's been absorbed in her ever since, which is why he's asking to marry your daughter. I believe the union of our children will promise a prosperous congregation of our two kingdoms. Yama is well-known for its structured fortifications so I can promise we will Princess Lapis as well as you have.

May the gods smile on you,

Emperor Unakite of the Yama Kingdom

There was no denying what was written in front of her.

"You're marrying me off to a prince I've never even met without consulting me?" Lapis inquired, a temper starting to build up.

"I knew you would say no." her mother replied. "You've turned down every nobleman that's tried to court you. And I'm running out of patience."

"That's because I don't want to marry a man that you bring in." the princess explained. "I want to a man that I've known for a long time. Somebody who I love and who loves me."

"This is about what's best for our kingdom, not your heart's desire." Blue Diamond said sternly. "Now, we only have a week to get ready for the royal wedding."

"A week!?" Lapis raised her voice. "Am I really marrying somebody that soon?"

"Yes, Prince Dolomite is already on his way." the empress answered. "I would like you to be ready to marry him upon his arrival."

The young princess became very frustrated and proceeded to leave the throne room.

"Where do you think you're going?" her mother asked.

"For a walk. Outside!" Lapis responded assertively.

"Outside the palace?" Empress Blue gasped.

"Yes!" her daughter yelled. "In the outside world with outside people instead of just having handmaidens for company!"

"I forbid it." the empress refused. "I've told you this multiple times. Don't leave the palace without a chaperone."

"Why are you always keeping me from leaving home?!" the princess blared. "I'm not a baby anymore, Mama! What in Japan are you trying to protect me from?"

Blue Diamond became silent as she stared passively at the floor. This angered her daughter even further.

"You're ruining my life!" she shrieked.

"I will not tolerate your temper tantrums, young lady!" the empress put her foot down. "Go to your room so you can learn to act your age. A handmaiden will escort you to dinner in two hours. Consider yourself grounded."

A couple of handmaidens awkwardly arrived to send to the princess to her bedroom while she gave her mother a sour look.

Back in her chamber, Lapis sat on her bed, pouting like a bratty toddler. All of a sudden, she heard a thunk from outside her window. So, she went over to investigate. That was when Steven and Jamie emerged from the brush.

"What are you two doing here?" the princess asked.

"We came to see you, of course." Steven answered. "Come on down to the garden."

"I can't. I'm grounded." Lapis rolled her eyes. "Let me just throw the rope ladder down."

She grabbed the rope ladder she kept hidden and draped out the window. The two farm boys climbed up and entered the fancy bedroom.

"I am so mad at my mother." the princess groaned, slumping on her bed again.

"Uh oh, what did you two fight about this time?" Jamie asked.

"She's making me marry a prince I've never heard of in a week." Lapis vented.

"What!?" both boys exclaimed.

"I know." their friend agreed. "She's more desperate to get me married than ever before."

Their talk was interrupted by a sudden, soft knock on the door.

"Princess Lapis?" a handmaid's voice called out.

"Just a minute." the young princess replied.

She then rushed to her friends and whispered; "You have to get out of here. If the servants catch you in my room, Mother will kill me."

The two boys quickly made themselves scarce and Lapis hid the rope ladder as the servant opened the door.

"Are you alright, Your Highness?" the handmaiden asked. "Who are you talking to in there?"

"Just myself." the princess fibbed.

"Well, your mother has asked me to escorts you to supper."

Now, dinnertime between the empress and her daughter was usually quiet. But, tonight was especially silent. Lapis didn't make eye contact with her mother once as the servants fed her.

Finally, the Kaiyo princess had the audacity to break the silence and say, "I don't want to go through with marriage!"

"Lapis, sit down this instant!" Empress Blue demanded.

"Dolomite is a great man." her mother intervened.

"Or he could be a psychotic assassin." the young girl argued.

"Why do you refuse to understand?" the empress pinched the bridge of her nose. "This marriage is necessary to uphold the ancient traditions and the honor of our dynasty."

"So, you're saying that sacrificing your daughter's happiness and freedom is worth upholding honor and traditional values?" Lapis asked.

"I am upholding honor by doing the right thing." Blue Diamond stated.

"Father would never let you do this if he were here." her daughter crossed and looked the other way.

"We are not taking about your father." the Kaiyo matriarch's became dark. "We are talking about you."

"Oh, that's right." the princess said sarcastically. "I forgot to pretend that he didn't exist!"

"Stop acting so immature, Lapis Lazuli!" Empress Blue exploded. "As long as you live under my roof, you will follow what is written! Do I make myself clear!?"

"I HATE YOU!" Lapis screamed at the top of her lungs, her eyes burning with tears.

Then, she proceeded to run out of the dining room and back to her bed chamber to cry herself to sleep. She knew her mother would be angry after that outburst and she did not want to be in her path of rage.

And instead of chasing after her daughter, Blue Diamond sank down to the floor; feeling very hurt. Never had she ever wanted her own child to say that she hated her. The empress' strict nature was just her way of showing love to Lapis. Unfortunately, that love did bounce back.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

670K 33.8K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
185K 5K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
328K 9.8K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
612K 9.5K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...