John Constantine and The Usel...

By PopTartKiddo

(I don't own Harry Potter nor Constantine, just the plot and occasional hand-drawn art) John Constantine- Exo... More

Great.
Where?
Findings
Pace
Lets play
Stranger Danger
Weirdos
Distrust
Fine.
Ghosts in My Attic, Demons in Your Basement
Synchroncity Wave Travel(or luck)
Edcuation
Residency of the Leaky Cauldron
Encounter
Student Loan Debt isnt Something to Look Forward to.
Diagon Alley Pt 1
Wand Troubles
Diagon Alley Pt 2
Late Night Thoughts
9 3/4? I dont get it.
Welcome, to Hogwarts!
Mornin
In Session
Airborne
One In A Million!
The House Feud
Dittany
Troll? In the Dungeons!
Don't be a hero
Aftermath
The Holidays
New Year, Same Old Feeling
Close Calls
Welcome Back
A Little Fun
Progress
Detention
Knowing
Numbered Days
The Game Is Afoot!
Trials For Those Prepared
Pawns
The Reveal
Recovery
And The Winner Is-
The Years End
Train Ride Confrontations
Home Sweet Hotel Room
Sleepless Nights and Endless Days Ahead.
⚠️⁉️ANNOUNCEMENT⁉️⚠️
Oh damn, August already?

Midnight Exploits

2.5K 101 12
By PopTartKiddo

John closed his dresser a little louder than he meant to....

Alright, bad news:He didn't get to Harry in time to ask him for his magical piece of fabric.
Good news: John didn't care much for it anyways.

Yea, it would've made his job was fuckin easier-but when were any of his jobs ever just that?!

The good old fashioned way it was then!

Draco had been wondering if the blonde would sneak out.

He had initially thought about his peer returning in it in daylight, but the more he thought about the strange topics, he learned that similar books weren't even available to first years.

That meant that Constantine has snuck out on at least multiple occasions and Draco wanted to know why.

Truth be told, he's always been a bit nosy, but this was for the greater good of their house!

If Constantine was caught one of these days, one of the teachers would deduct a major amount of house points from them!
It wasn't unusual for a teacher not to like any of the Slytherins; favoritism at it's finest.

Snape and McGonagall did it to their houses just for the sake of them being their own.

Because of that, Constantine would more than likely be given harsher treatment regarding himself and a large sum of points thanks to that bias against his house.

If Draco was to become Prefect sooner or later, then he needed to set examples and maintain order.

Starting with telling Constantine to stay put after dark.

        ———————————————

John pressed himself up against the wall, currently sneaking around the halls and unaware of his struggling follower.

He had collected all the information he could from the current books he had; perhaps he could look into borrowing another?

The mage made his way to the library door when it came into view, a quick wave of his hand to ease the door unlocked and opened.

Draco had tried to keep up with the blonde, the dark hiding Constantine's vigilant movements.

He ducked when he heard the quite whispering.

Draco looked around the hall for their location, but he didn't see anything.

Straining his eyes, he could make out the familiar voices of Potter and his friends.

They were out as well?!

This could be Draco's chance to rat them out as the stuck-up, fame seeking inferiors they were who appeared to think that they could get away with whatever they wanted!

All because they were Gryffindor.

He glanced in the direction that he saw Constantine go last.

Of course it was the opposite way.

Draco bit his lip at the two choices and the sound of fading footsteps.

He decided.

Constantine has gotten himself in and out of the library multiple times already.
He was fine.

This was Draco's chance, he was going to help his own anyways by giving away their plans to a teacher.
So he should be grateful!

———————————————

Harry folded his cloak as Hermione knocked on Hagrid's door.
This was it.

The half giant opened his door in confusion, before attempting to shut it quickly after spotting the children.

"Hagrid, we need to talk!-"

"Nope-sorry 'arry but you should all be in bed, you-especially you!"

"-WE KNOW ABOUT THE SORCERER'S STONE!"

The children pleaded for his compromise in talking.

The keeper gave them a defeated look, knowing that they shouldn't be left alone.
And they already knew about the stone right?

He sighed as he extended the door for the trio.

The Gryffindors sat down at the half giant's table, looking to each other for determining where to start.

"OH!"

Hagrid stumbled over quickly to a large pot he had over a fire. Pulling on oven mitts, he picked up a golden object.

They stared at it in confusion, not knowing what it was.

While Hagrid tended to the golden-brown object, it took a few moments until Ron jumped with a epiphany.

"Thats.......bloody hell-that's a dragon egg!"

Harry and Hermione gaped at the thought; dragons?

"Ah! Ah good eye there Ron! Eh, dis little guy 'as been a bit stubborn. 'supposed to've 'atched days ago."

Hermione frowned.
"A dragon egg Hagrid? Where did you even get it?"

Ron nodded along, wanting to know as well.
"Yea, dragons aren't found around here!"

Hagrid chuckled nervously, scratching his beard roughly.
"Well I uh.....I got the fella from a stranger really.....cost me a little-but frankly in comparison I think it was worth it!"

The trio looked at him like he was nuts.

"A stranger?!"

"Why would get buy an egg from a stranger Hagrid?!"

"Yeah mate, bloke could've ripped ya off!-"

Crack

Every head snapped towards the table.

Not a noise was made as they watched, waiting for something else to happen.

The egg shook a bit.

Hagrid grinned, "Come on then!"

The half giant then motioned the children back a little.
"Stay a bits away from it. Even while it's just a babe, just born dragons can still produce fire."

Their eyes blew open, suddenly terrified with the idea of being cooked well done inside their friend's own home.

"Ahaha! Don't worry too much bout that, they barely have any control over it when they're dis young."

Hagrid grinned widely as they watched on in amazement, pieces of the egg breaking apart and falling to the table.

A smooth and thin head popped out slowly, taking in its very new environment for the first time.

"That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie studies those in Romania!"

"Yep! Little Norbert. Bless his heart..."

Harry scrunched up his nose at the title.
"Norbert?"

Hagrid gave the boy a half shrug.

"He's gotta have name don't he?"

The dragon moved around before stumbling up to the half giant.

"Oohh~ Just brought into the world and already knows who his mother is!"

The baby made a noise, something akin to a burp, sending a lick of flames out and catching onto Hagrid's beard.

He yelped and the kids took another step back, not wanting a similar fate.

Hagrid patted and blew into the burnt hairs to the best of his abilities, before looking up to see someone in the window.

      —————————————————

John made his way down the hall.

Without the interruption of Filch, the blonde had a better opportunity to look around marked off sections fully.

He actually ran into some pretty interesting topics to look into later:

Curses
Mysterious and Haunted locations
Ancient Artifacts
Bloodline Folklore
Azkaban:A History
Cursed and Bewitched Items
and
Deadly Creatures and How To Avoid Them

There were more quite certainly able to keep the mage busy, but unfortunately that wasn't what was important right now.

John rubbed his eyes.
He was quite tired suddenly.....

The occult detective was currently the conductor of his own train of thought.

His ticket that he purchased was to a long and far away destination, so boy was he surprised to see McGonagall standing around the corner with a gaggle of arguing students.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 117K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
895K 41.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
15.9K 512 9
This is a Harry Potter fanfic that starts at the Prisoner of Azkaban, year 3 (Cause it's my favorite). This is a Harry Potter Girls Harem. Sorry for...
687K 42.2K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...