LOVE SCARS || Daryl Dixon

By __cartier__

"She wore her troubled past Like scars - She had been through battle And though no one could see her demon... More

Love Scars.
-
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
PLEASE ANSWER
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XXXX
XXXXI
XXXXII
XXXXIII

XXX

9.5K 222 107
By __cartier__

Trigger warning: domestic abuse

ISABELLÁ

I WOKE UP TANGLED in the bed sheets, with the monster by my side.

He must have noticed I was awake as he reached out grabbing me pulling me closer to him. My face was now rested on his bare chest.
"Morning Iz" he smirked.

"Morning" I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.

He trailed his finger tips up and down my bare back focusing more on my scars.
"I saw him do this to you yano?"

For a second I stopped breathing. He was there. He sat and watched the Governor do this to me. I don't know why I was shocked, he hurt me so why would he stop someone else from hurting me.

"The Governor always knows how to put on a good show"

I instantly felt my blood pressure rise. I took deep breaths trying to calm myself down. I could lose it. I could flip my shit and try and kill him.
But sadly, I'd already tried to escape him before, in the old world. I only made it worse.
I had to stay. This was my life now.

"I'm goin' for breakfast" Rio announced sitting up, his body still bare. "Cell block C right?"

He climbed up out of the bed putting on his underwear and pants.

"Yeah. I'll take you if you've forgotten the way" I said putting my best fake smile on.

"No" he snapped. "Do you really think after your little stunt yesterday you deserve to eat?"

"W-what stunt?" I frowned hesitantly sitting up keeping my sheets wrapped around my body.

"Don't play dumb with me bitch" he whispered yelled bending over so his face was inches away from mine.

"Rio... I'm sorry I-"

"Stop playing dumb!" He swung his right arm, his first making contact with my jaw causing it to crack and pop.
I brought my hands up cupping my jaw while I looked at him through the tears pooling in my eyes.

"I can't stand it when you cry!" He spat "I'll be back later. You better be in a nicer mood and you better be in this cell"

And with that, he spun on his heels and left the cell.

I gently pushed my body to the edge of the bed before swinging my legs off and placing my bare feet on the cell floor. As I peeled the sheets back I noticed bruises all over my legs and torso which were from last nights episodes.

I felt weak and beaten, as I pushed myself off the bed hobbling over to wear my clothes were. I gently eased them onto my body. My legs trembled under my weight as I got placed my boots on tying them up.

I staggered over to the mirror before eying myself. The bruises on my neck purple and blue resembled a hand print, my cheek swollen, cut and bruised while the bruise on my jaw was quick to appear.

"That man" I heard a little girl from behind me say. I spun round to see a short girl, about 8 years old, stood in the doorway of the cell. She had blonde hair with a little braid at the front.
"He did this to you didn't he"

Shit.

"No no" I said walking towards her panicking. "He wouldn't hurt me"

"What happened to your face?" She asked innocently "I saw you yesterday when we arrived on the bus. It wasn't like that then"

"I fell during the night. Banged it on the draws" I said nodding towards them.

"Oh" she said tilting her head to the side "wait here, okay?" She said excitedly before running off.

•~•~•~•

DARYL

I sat picking at my breakfast while the civilians from cell block B came into the cafeteria. I watched the door as the piled in waiting to see her.
"You think Bella will sit with us for breakfast?" Carl said sitting down next to me.

"I don't know kid" I said looking down at my food.

"I think she's angry at me" Carl said upset.

"What? Why would ya think that?" I frowned turning you him.

"I don't know" he said confused. "I've barely seen her since she came back. I missed her and I thought she missed me too"

Honestly this made me angry. Carl didn't deserved to be ignored. I don't care who this guy was to her, or how awkward it would be for her to see me. She shouldn't do this to Carl.

"She missed you kid. She's just got a new family now" I started off by trying to reassure him but then I turned bitter.

I continued to watch the door noticing her tattooed drug dealer stroll in the canteen looking at me smugly. I tensed up as I continued to scowl at him.

"Morning" he smirked sitting down across from me.

Carol came and sat next to me while my brother sat across from Carol, next to the drug lord himself. Guessing I looked like I needed back up.

"Where's Isabella?" Carol asked giving him a forced smile.

"Still in bed..." he said to Carol before turning to me "we had a lot of catching up to do" he smirked.

I clenched my fist around my fork as I eyed him.

"I'm sure you did" Carl said innocently "been reunited with her after so long, I bet it's nice"

"It was great, kid" he smirked.

I took deep breaths, my eyes not leaving him. His face made my angry. His smirk, his attitude... the fact he had her.

He continued to eat his breakfast while I continued to watch.

"So, how ya gonna pull ya weight around here?" Merle asked from beside him.

"I'm good with a gun" he said looking between Merle and me, trying to threaten us. I'm pretty certain Carl picked up on this as I saw him tense up beside me.

He continued to shovel in mouthfuls while

"Guessing you're the hunter?" He asked looking at Merle.

"No. Daryl and Bella are" Carl said scowling at Escobar "she's good with a gun too and knives" he said squinting his eyes at him.

The man sat looking studying our faces before giving us a big grin, "I'm Rio" he smirked "and you'll be seeing a lot more of me"

•~•~•~•

ISABELLÁ

"Here" the girl came rushing in handing me the a cardboard box. She sat down on the edge of my bed next to me.

I looked down at the box noticing that it was a box of Hello Kitty band aids.
I couldn't help but feel a smile tug on my cheeks. Despite everything, I still had someone.

"For your cheek, it's bleeding again" she said giving me a small smile.

I hadn't even noticed. I quickly brought my hand up to my cheek feeling the blood with my finger tips.

"Here" she said holding a cloth. She reached up to my face gently dabbing up before taking the box off me and applying a band aid to my cheek.

"Thank you" I said quietly giving her a smile. "What's your name?"

"Mika Rose Samuels" she said giving me a smile.

"Wow! Such a pretty name. It's a pleasure to meet you Mika" I said giving her a big smile.

"What's your name?"

"Isabellà Valentina Torres" I said giving her my full name like she did with me.

"You name is really pretty too" she said grinning "Do you think we can be friends?"

"Of course we can"

"Friends don't lie to each other do they?" She said frowning a little.

"No?" I said as if it was a question. Even though she was 8, I knew she had a point to this.

"Then why did you lie to me? I heard that nasty man shouting at you last night" she said looking a little sad.

I had no idea how to respond. I couldn't try and justify his decisions, I couldn't teach her that this was normal. I couldn't lie to her because she was clearly smarter than that. But I couldn't let her tell anyone as I knew I would suffer... and maybe she would.

"We was just arguing, everyone argues" I said softly "he didn't do this to me. It was my own fault"

"You promise me?" She asked her eyes looking up at me glistening.

She was too pure and gentle for this world. I needed to help her win at this life. But how could I do that when I was losing?

"I promise" I said giving her a weak smile.

•~•~•~•

DARYL

A week later

"I'm worried about her" Carol said sitting down next to me on the stairs up to the upper cells.

"Why?" I grumbled "she's obviously happy with him"

"She hasn't had a meal with us in a week Daryl" Carol said getting a little annoyed "how do we know she's even eating?"

"She made her choice" I shrugged.

"Sasha, in cell block B, said she took her neck brace off the day after Hershel told her to wear it" Carol said quietly "she doesn't leave her cell Daryl... I'm worried"

•~•~•~•

ISABELLÁ

Mika had been coming to visit me every day for the past week. Rio found out, he wasn't happy at first. I managed to convince him that I hadn't told Mika anything.
It took a lot of arguing, which I'm sure Mika heard it all. But he believed me anyway.

He won't let me leave my cell though. I guess he doesn't lock me in, but he may as well do. I won't leave the cell because I know the consequences if I do.

He brings me a small bowl of porridge every morning... I guess that's nice for him.
But as far as it goes, he's starving me. He said it's punishment for been so close to Daryl while he wasn't with me. He promised me it was only temporary and when I learnt to behave and control myself he'd allow me to have meals like everyone else. My body was getting weaker everyday, I was losing muscle mass and within a few weeks there's no chance I'd be able to fight off anything. Not even a walker.

It's easier if I just go along with what he wants. Easier for me. Easier for him.
I guess you could say I'm playing him. Not the way I usually play men, but it's making my life easier.
I'm learning to bite my tongue, it works I guess.

I think one of the others must have told him how I used to hunt for the group. He told me that I was stupid and that I shouldn't think that I'm better than him. He pushed me up against the wall, squeezing my neck once again, he said I was a liar and there's no chance I'd be able to do anything successfully.
He knew about how I killed that man when I was a kid so I don't understand why he couldn't believe this. I guess he just didn't want to accept that I could live without him.

Yesterday was the first time he'd hit me in a week. I asked him if I could go out into the yard and teach Mika how to make a daisy chain. He said it was a stupid idea and that I was pathetic for been friends with a 8 year old.

In truth, that little girl was the only thing keeping me alive at this point.

But, all in all. I was scared.
I was scared of Rio.
I was scared that this was now my life.
I was scared that I'd never get to see my family again.
I was scared I'd lost Daryl.

"Baby" I whispered as he laid next to me in bed. My stomach churned at the fact I had to call him this. I knew I had to make sure I was on his good side though.

"What's wrong?" He whispered back.

"I haven't showered in nearly two weeks" I stated.

"What do you want me to do?" He said snapping a little.

I wrapped my arm tighter around him trying to show him more affection, fighting every cell in my body to try and pretend I was happy, "I just thought it would be nicer for us both if I was cleaner" I said softly "and I figured everyone's asleep so I could easily sneak off into the showers"

I saw his face harden.

"I promise I won't speak to anyone" I said quickly "I only want you, I don't need anyone else. I just want to make myself look nice for you"

I guess that wasn't a lie. I didn't plan to speak to anyone. I just wanted a shower and needed time away from him.
No matter how many times he called me stupid, I knew I wasn't, because I wouldn't do something as stupid as try and get help - it would get me killed, and them too.

"15 minutes" he said sternly.

"Thank you" I said before pressing my lips against his, grimacing while I did so.

I pulled my body slowly out of bed, hobbling over to grab my bag which had a towel in and a change of clothes. I put the bag onto my back before giving Rio a small smile. Fake of course.

"See you in 15 minutes" I whispered.

As I began to walk, my body ached more and more, using muscles I forgot even existed. I reached door to cell block C where the shower block was, gently pushing it open trying not to wake anyone.

My legs trembled threatening to give way under my weight as I crept through the cell block towards the showers.

As I walk past some mirrors I caught my reflection having to back track to get a proper look at myself. I was a mess.
I still had the Hello Kitty band aid on my right cheek, I slowly peeled it off revealing a small, nearly heeled cut, the bruising was green telling me it was almost heeled. The left side of jaw was still full off purple and blue hues, likewise with my neck - there were still clear finger prints from where Rio had repeatedly grabbed me. I had a black eye on my right side.

I took a deep breath before continuing on towards the showers. I tossed my bag down onto the floor pulling out my towel out and hanging it up ready for when I finished my shower.
I peeled my clothes off my battered body, tossing them aside not really caring where they ended up as they were already dirty.

I turned on the shower. Ice cold water fired out feeling like shards of glass against my body. I stepped back under the shower head letting the icy water engulf me.

How could I let this happen to myself again? After everything I thought myself... how could I just let it happen? I used to be stronger than this.
I missed my old life. I missed Daryl so much. Knowing he hated me made me hate myself.

I found myself slipping down to the shower floor in tears. I brought my knees up to my chest wrapping my arms around them in hope for some comfort and consolation.
I rested my head on my knees as my emotions swirled with the water circling the cold metal drain as streaks of fire burned into my cheeks. It was more than crying, it was the kind of sobbing that comes from a person drained of all hope. I choked gasping for air as the emotions got too much.

"Izzy" I heard a female voice whispered shocked.

I looked up squinting through my tears to see Maggie looking down at me.
"Oh god Izzy" she grimaced as I continue to sob.

She quickly grabbed a towel before stepping under the water and wrapping it around me. She sat down next to me wrapping her arms around me and pulled me into her body as the water washed over us both. I figured the towel was just for comfort seen as though I was naked.

"Shhhh" she whispered while she hugged me.

"What happened, sweetheart" she said worried.

All I could reply with was strangled sobs.
"Did Rio do this to you?" She asked looking down at the bruises on my legs before looking up to my face.

I just about managed to nod my head.
"Oh my god Izzy" she said causing me to look up. She had tears brimming it her own eyes "You should have told us, we would have been able to sort it sooner"

"Y-You can't" I managed to choke out "he'll kill us"

"No. I'm not letting him do this to you anymore Isabella" she said getting up.

"No Maggie! Please!" I sobbed grabbing her arm trying to pull her back.

"I need to tell the others" she said looking at me pleading.

"No Maggie Noooo" I sobbed as she pulled her arm out of my grasp before running off out of the shower block.

I laid on the shower floor for a few seconds trying to calm myself down.
He was going to him me.
He was going to kill them.

I quickly stood up, slimming a little as I did so. I turned off the shower rushing over to my bag grabbing a dry towel and trying myself off so I could get dressed.

Rio would be expecting me back now and if I wasn't there I dread to think what would happen. I couldn't even begin to think what would happen when he found out that I told Maggie.

•~•~•~•

As I said in my previous chapter I hope the above has not caused any offence to anyone. If so please drop me a message and I will do my best to sort this.
If you are affected by this trigger or need someone to talk to as my messages are open.

Let me know what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.2K 1K 42
"สœแด‡แด€ส€แด›สŸแด‡๊œฑ๊œฑ แด˜แด‡แดแด˜สŸแด‡ แดษดแด„แด‡ สœแด€แด… แด€ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด› แด›แดแด" -แด€แดส™แด‡ส€ แด€ษดแดกแด€ส€ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜บ๐˜ณ, ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜–๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ช...
231K 4.9K 159
|previously known as Insomnia| (DARYL DIXON) * (THE WALKING DEAD) |Season 2-11| |Slow Burn| Started: May of 2020 Finished: March of 2023...
1M 25.8K 121
"You lose everyone, that's just the way it is now. Get used to it." The new world, where blood and dirt stained your body like it was your favourite...
109K 3.1K 77
'๐™‡๐™ค๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™›๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐˜ผ๐™˜๐™˜๐™ช๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ, ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฎ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ. ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ž๐™ข๐™–๐™œ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™– ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...' *** H...