Lost / Cobra Kai [ 2 ]

By julelena14

Maeve Lawrence was lost. She fell in love with a boy who betrayed her out of his own insecurities. And he sud... More

C A S T
P L A Y L I S T
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
Book for season 3!

C H A P T E R N I N E

10.9K 329 183
By julelena14

You guys, you know what I just realized?
We don't have ship names for Maeve and Hawk or Maeve and Miguel.
I thought for Hawk and Maeve maybe Mawk but I'm not sure. 🤔
Let me know what you think!

—————

"When you treat me like that,

When you treat me like that

It's pushin' me harder,

When you breakin' my back,

I only get stronger,

I only get stronger"
___
~ like that by Bea Miller

C H A P T E R  N I N E

The next morning Maeve was at the dojo again sitting down on the side with a small notebook in hand.

She was secretly taking notes on the most important stuff, so she could recall them when she is training with Miguel later.

Right now Miguel and Hawk were fighting in the middle of the mat while the others watched them.

Miguel gave a punch to Hawk's midsection making him grunt.

"Nice work Diaz. Bow. Go again." Johnny told them.

They were about to bow when suddenly Daniel LaRusso entered the dojo.

That made everyone including Maeve stand up.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Johnny asked confused.

"Like you don't know." He spat at her dad.

Johnny began to approach him.

"Take your shoes off the mat. You're disrespecting my dojo."

Daniel chuckled unamused.

"You're seriously gonna talk to me about disrespecting dojo's after what you just did to mine?" He yelled at Johnny angrily.

"What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to your dojo." Johnny said calmly.

Daniel scoffed.

"Just like you didn't slug one of my employees, huh?"

That made Johnny shrug his shoulders.

Daniel started chuckling shaking his head.

"You know, part of me actually felt bad for you at one point, but you make it so easy to remember who the bad guy is in all of this. You call yourself a sensei? You don't even know what a sensei is. A sensei mentors. A sensei elevates. He doesn't teach destruction and disrespect!" Daniel now screamed at her dad, making Maeve look worried at both of them.

She went to stand beside Miguel to hold his hand as Johnny took a step towards Daniel.

"I already said I don't know what your talking about, LaRusso. And you don't know what you're talking about either." Johnny told him quietly but with fire in his words.

"Yeah, well, I know you don't- you don't earn the Medal of Honor by stealing it." Daniel told him and you could tell he was hurt.

Johnny narrowed his eyes at his students, but Daniel wasn't finished yet.

"Let me tell you something about your sensei. He might teach you how to fight, but he doesn't know a thing about what it takes to truly win in life. If you want to help yourselves before it's too late, the doors to Miyagi-Do are wide open."

That made Johnny angry.

"You think you can come in here and poach my students?" He approached him.

Daniel held his arms out.

"And what are you gonna do about it?" He asked him.

They stared at each other for some time and you could practically cut the tension with a knife.

"You know, I'm not gonna strike first." Daniel mocked him.

"I'm gonna be a bigger man."  Johnny told him and backed away.

Daniel stemmed to be surprised.

"Yeah. We'll see about that." With that he turned around and left.

Suddenly Chris picked up his bag.

"Where do you think you're going?" Johnny asked him.

He didn't answer him.

"What the hell Chris?" His best friend Mitch asked him.

Chris looked at him with a sad look on his face.

"I never liked it here." He told him softly.

Maeve caught his eyes and smiled gently at him, which he returned before he left the dojo.

And with that others began to follow him.

Maeve just looked at her feet, she couldn't watch the hurt look on her dads face.

Johnny was angry at his students.

One of them had costed him a lot of his students, so he made them do burpees until that someone made himself known.

Maeve watched them with a grimace as they grunted and panted at all this exercise.

"This all could be over in an instant. The decision's yours! Who trashed the Miyagi dojo?" He asked them, yelling.

"Y'all know I'm no fan of LaRusso's, but that sort of bullshit we don't teach in here. At least not anymore." Johnny told them sending Kreese a look.

"So I'm gonna ask you again. Who trashed Miyagi-Do?"

Suddenly Raymond spoke up, panting really badly.

"It wasn't me, sensei. I would never disrespect another man's dojo-" But Johnny wasn't having it.

"Shut your cakehole, Chubs."

So he went back to doing burpees.

"I'm not looking for excuses. I'm looking for answers!" Johnny told them again.

Then it was Miguel's turn to speak with him.

"Sensei, we really don't know who did it." Johnny seemed to think about it as he watched his best student struggle.

"Somebody knows something. Question is... who's gonna break?" Kreese told them, making Maeve scoff to herself.

Suddenly Johnny's phone rang.

"Keep going. We can do this all day." He told them before going into the office to pick up the phone.

After a short while, Mitch approached Kreese.

"Sensei, we need a water break." He told him out of breath.

Kreese looked at all the students.

"Two- minute break! Get your bearings." He told them, making everyone groan in relive.

Miguel immediately approached Maeve and sat down on the ground next to the bench she was sitting on and leaned his head on her leg.

Maeve gave him his water bottle and was going to talk to him when she saw Hawk approach Kreese.

She watched them talk quietly, making her suspicious, even more so when she saw Hawk's guilty face as he walked by them.

She was about to go talk to him, when Johnny called her towards him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She immediately asked when she saw his worried face.

"An old friend of mine is very sick. So me and some of my other old friends are going to meet up and have fun with him before..." Johnny trailed off looking at the ground.

Maeve hugged him tightly.

"Of course. Have fun and give him a hug for me." She told him.

This made him chuckle.

"You don't even know the guy." He said.

Maeve giggled.

"So what? You can still give him a hug for me."

After their two minute break Kreese made them go to the back dojo and got different stations ready for them to rotate between.

Maeve was about to sit down in the corner when Kreese spoke up.

"What are you doing Miss. Lawrence?" She looked up at him confused.

"Um... sitting down?" She told him.

That got Miguel's attention and he went to stand next to her.

"You're a part of Cobra Kai just as everyone else in this room, so you'll be treated as such. Now get in position little Miss ballerina." He told her.

They were now standing in front of each other glaring.

Miguel grabbed her balled fist.

"Um... sensei, I don't think that's a good idea. She's not even training with us."

Kreese turned to look at the brown eyed boy.

"That's correct Mr. Diaz. I just thought that everyone that is part of this team should participate, but you're right. She probably won't be able to hold up anyway." He said looking her up and down before turning around.

Maeve knew that he was doing it on purpose to get a rise out of her and as much as she hated to admit it. It really got to her.

"Too weak my ass." She angrily mumbled to herself, before she took off her hoodie.

Now dressed in a crop top and some leggings she made her way towards Tory and got ready beside her, putting her hair in a ponytail.

"I'm ready." She told Kreese glaring.

He only smirked.

Maeve was exercising in between Miguel and Tory with the weird noodle thing's.

She noticed Hawk looking at her worried from time to time, but she did her best to ignore that.

"Keep going. I have all day." Kreese told them walking by.

Miguel turned to the blond girls next to him.

"He's not gonna let up. We gotta figure out who did it." He told them, which made Maeve nod.

"I bet it was shit-breath." Tory said loudly looking at Mitch.

Mitch heard and stood up.

"Hey, screw you." He told her angrily.

Hawk stepped next to him and held his hand in front of the boy.

"What'd you say?" Tory asked now also angry and stepped forward.

Mitch started to approach her.

"Wanna do this right now?" He asked.

Both of them went to fight but Miguel got in between them holding them at arm length.

Meanwhile Maeve just starred at her friends with wide eyes.

She never was one to like fighting so it was no surprise that she started shaking.

Sure she liked training with Miguel, but that wasn't the real thing and in the tournament there were rules.

Hawk turned to look at the blond girl with soft eyes as he walked towards her.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked her quietly and put a hand on her arm.

She took her eyes off Miguel who was still trying to get them to back off.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She told him.

"Stop!" Kreese yelled at them, making them all stop.

"Would you really want know who did it?" He asked them, standing in front of the class.

There was only silence as everyone started to get in rows.

"It was Hawk." He told them pointing at the red haired boy.

Maeve turned to look at him shocked.

He couldn't hold eye contact with her, so he lowered his head.

"And it was Diaz."

Now she was confused.

Miguel was at her birthday party so he couldn't have done it.

"And Robinson. And it was Nichols, Lawrence, Chubs, Red." He continued.

"When one of you makes a move, you all make a move. You live and you die, with the consequences and the spoils. Because you are all Cobra Kai." Kreese told them.

Everyone turned to each other confused.

"Main dojo. Five minutes. You too Lawrence. You're about to begin your real training."

In the main dojo Tory was fighting Mitch.

It was a pretty good fight, but Tory won.

Miguel stepped forward holding up a red flag.

"Point!" He told them.

Kreese didn't look impressed.

"Hit him again." He told her calmly, making everyone look at him unsure.

When Tory didn't do anything he asked her again.

"Do you have a problem with that? A fight isn't over until your enemy is finished. You show your enemy no mercy." Tory nodded at him and turned to lunge at the boy.

"Wait!" Miguel yelled before anything could happen, making Maeve sigh in relief.

"This isn't what sensei Lawrence has been teaching us." He told Kreese who looked at him with furrowed brows.

"Excuse me?" He asked to the younger boy.

"There's no honor in being merciless. Tory scored a point. It's over." Miguel explained further.

Kreese smirked and raised his eyebrow, making Maeve glare at him.

"Sensei Lawrence is right, of course. In a tournament, the fighting stops when you land a point. But in the real world, it's not about scoring points. It's about being a winner or a loser. And there are no losers in this dojo." Kreese told them while approaching Miguel and saying the last sentence right to his face.

"But we're only kids wanting to learn karate and that has nothing to do with winning in life." Kreese turned to look at the youngest Lawrence who was also standing.

"Now of course it does. Look behind you. Those words on the wall teach you everything you need in life. Look what your dad built up for you. And you question it?" He asked her now standing in front of her.

Maeve chuckled at him.

"Oh, You're telling me I'm not appreciating my dad enough? You're one to talk, after what you did to him after the tournament back in the eighties. Yeah, I know everything." She told him glaring and didn't back down when he took another step towards her.

"Hawk! Your up next. Let's see what little Miss. Ballerina's got to offer."

With that he went back to the sideline.

Hawk looked shocked.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea. I mean she has never trained with us."

Kreese looked unaffected.

"I said, you're up."

And with that Hawk slowly got up.

Maeve turned to Miguel who was looking at her worried.

"I got this." She whispered to him smiling.

But he still looked unsure.

Maeve got into a fighting position.

"What are you waiting for? fight!" Kreese told them, so Maeve took that as her sign to strike first.

She threw a kick at Hawk's midsection making him almost fall down.

He looked surprised but quickly got back into position.

This time it was him striking first.

She could tell that he was taking it easy on her and honestly she was glad, because she knew he was way better then her and would've pinned her to the ground by now.

But nonetheless Maeve was really proud of herself for doing so good and in the end she even had Hawk at his knees in front of her after she swiped his feet from underneath him.

The blond knew Kreese wanted her to finish the fight, so she kicked his shoulder as softly as she could while still making it look real.

Hawk groaned.

"Not bad." Kreese smirked at her, making her scoff.

She held a hand out for Hawk to take.

He just started at her for a few seconds before taking it.

"That was good." He told her impressed.

"Thank you and I'm sorry." She told him before standing next to Miguel again who was grinning at her.

—————

I hoped you enjoyed this chapter💕
Have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338 11 7
Cobra Kai is getting out of control. What happened during the school fight made that clear. A few months after Miguel regained the use of his legs...
311K 4.2K 65
My original plan was to make this a Multi-Fandoms Imagines book, but after a lot of thought, and obsessing over Cobra Kai, this is what it's come to...
281K 6K 51
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the Diaz twins move to reseda and find themselves in a load of trouble with Kyler and his minions, but their Knight and shining armou...
336K 12.1K 64
the boy that was too nice for his own good, and the girl that never was. cobra kai / miguel diaz ( season 2 - 6 ) - all rights go to the creators of...