The Reject (On Hold)

By Cornelia_eve

Edith Gailent de Albemont is the crown princess of the American Kingdom. Her life is full of happiness and j... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Guide

Chapter 4

3.1K 69 2
By Cornelia_eve

As I approach her I come to a sudden realisation that it was Luna Krystal. I wouldn't realise that she is Luna Krystal if it were not from that book.

She was appointed as Luna 1 year prior my visit. She have long blonde curly hair and perfectly paired with a set of blue eyes. According to the book, she is just a few years older than me.

How weird as I thought.

"Usually a Luna have an unique aura surrounding them but from what I feel she is just an ordinary wolf." Sierra feel the same way as I do.

"Unless she's not the alpha's true mate."

"That explain things." Without giving much care Sierra decide to went back into her peaceful slumber.

I continue to walk towards her and she immediately notice my present and greets me.

"Princess Edith, I'm sorry for not noticing you earlier."

"No problem Luna, I'm just taking a stroll."

"As a matter of fact I do to, would you like to take a stroll together?"

"That would be lovely, I'm afraid that I will get lost if I venture further from this point."

"You're in good hands princess, would you please follow me? There's something that I would like to show you."

She leads me towards a small path and we continue our small talks. After 20 minutes of walking I could hear a faint voice of water flowing.

We are surrounded by tall trees and lots of bushes making it hard for me to see what's in front. At the end of our path she help me to uncover her pack's hidden treasure.

It is a waterfall filled with sparkling blue water and surrounded by lots of rocks and trees that hides its beauty. As I approach it, I feel an energy radiating from the water.

"Luna Krystal if I may ask, how can a waterfall radiate such magical energy?"

"It has been our pack secret ever since it's founded. As the origin of this fountain is also unknown to us."

She further explain to me that its water can be use to promote healing and to neutralise both silver and wolfsbane. The serene feeling that I got once I arrive to this pack originated from this waterfall.

Pack members are asked to perform a blood pact with their current alpha in order to keep the fountain a secret. If one is to disclosed any information regarding the waterfall to outsiders, they will lose their life.

"So why are you telling me and even guiding me towards this waterfall Luna?"

"We've been keeping it a secret for a long time and we fear that someday it will fall into the wrong hands." Concerned and worried laced in her face.

"Not even our royal family know of its existence and it should stay that way. I appreciate the trust you have given to me and I promise upon the moon goddess that I will keep it a secret."

"Thank you princess. The reason that I disclose our pack's secret is because I would like to ask you for a favour princess."

"As long as it's within my capability, I will do anything to help you."

"I humbly ask you princess to protect its existence if something were to happened to us."

"Not to worry Luna, I will protect this waterfall and its existence until my last dying breath."

Her face is covered in both joy and relieve as I accept her favour. She show me her gratitude by giving me a bracelet and I feel unordinary power emitting from it.

It is a silver coloured bracelet with chain and crystal cubes decorating it.

"It has been passed down from generations to generations within my family. It is forged using witch power and it can dispel any low level magic attack."

"Luna please I can't accept such precious gift."

"I insist princess. You don't need to feel pressured as I also have a necklace with a similar ability as the bracelet that I give to you."

"After all, considering the favour that I ask from you this bracelet is just a small compensation."

"Thank you Luna, this is such a wonderful gift. You really don't have to do it."

"No it's a must. By the way, it is made from platinum and it fits you perfectly." She give me a gentle smile.

After we finish touring around the waterfall, Luna Krystal lead me back to her pack house and show me to my room. She ask me to prepare myself as tonight all of her pack members will come together and I will be introduce.

I take a shower and put on my freshly washed clothing. As I walk out of my room I come face to face with Alpha Lucas.

"Princess Edith, it's a pleasure to meet you." Taking a step back as he bow his head towards me.

"Alpha Lucas, it's good to finally see you."

"I'm sorry, I'm unable to greet you sooner. There was an emergency meeting held by our elders that require my presence."

"Not to worry Alpha all is well."

Finishing our greetings, we walk straight to the pack's meeting hall and making small talks along the way.

"I've been informed that you have met our Luna."

"Yes I do. We met back when I was taking a stroll in your territory. She is a lovely person."

"She really is. I was also informed about the favour that she asked from you."

The moment he finish his sentence, we arrive at the meeting hall. Various sounds is heard from behind this wooden door that separate me from Alpha Lucas's pack members.

"Before we enter this room, I would like to express how grateful I am." Suddenly he is on his knee, expressing his respect and gratefulness towards me.

"Please stand Alpha, it's only a small favour. You shouldn't think too much about it."

He stand up and giving me his warmest smile.

"We should immediately make our entrance. The pack members are ready."

"Lead our way Alpha."

The facade in his face change as he is mind linking his guards telling them we are ready. Both of the wooden doors are open and I come face to face with a stage and on my right vision are all of Phantom Light's members.

Noises stop as all stares are directed towards me and Alpha Lucas. On the stage above I saw Riley, Luna Krystal, and Beta Isaac.

I took my place beside Riley and Alpha Lucas stood in front alongside Luna Krystal while Beta Isaac is only a few step back from Alpha Lucas.

The meeting last for about an hour. They discuss several pack problems at the beginning. Some patrol members reported that there have been an increase in rogues sighting near their pack's border.

Alpha Lucas decide to increase more guards and implement new rules stating that even during shift changes, the post will not be allow to be empty.

Then he proceed to introduce me to his pack. As I stood in front, curious gazes fall upon me and I can see some amazed look.

Since I was little, I rarely went out of our castle. Hence, not a lot of people know what I look like.

After my introduction, Alpha Lucas dismiss his pack members and I retire to my room so I can rest. I lay in my bed as I recall all of the event that unfold today.

A rogue was scouting us, I learn of Phantom Light's hidden secret, I become one of the guardian to this magical waterfall and presenting myself to a lot of people.

"I really can't wait to go home."

"I do too. As much as I love travelling, I miss Zach so much."

Zach is Lionel's wolf. Ever since he was a pup, they always play together and Sierra is always so protective towards him.

"Just one more pack to go and we're back home." I smile warmly towards Sierra.

I try to fall asleep but a sudden restlessness prevent me to fall asleep. I'm not sure if it's related to a rogue that I saw earlier this morning.

These past few weeks I keep praying to moon goddess hoping that everything is going smoothly. But it seems moon goddess have other plan for me as my intuition tell me something terrible is waiting for me.

I've been toss and turning in my bed for a few hours and Sierra haven't said anything which means she also feel the same way.

I ended up sleeping at 4am. Since I'm used to wake up early in the morning, my body automatically wake me up at 8am.

Instead of feeling refreshed, I ended up feeling more tired and worn out. I go to my sink and wash my face and I take a look at my face.

Dark circles under my eye looking more visible than ever and I look so tired as if I have been awake all night long.

I change my clothes and go straight to the pack's kitchen to get myself some coffee.

I check my phone while binging my third cup of latte when Riley enter the kitchen to grab some snacks.

"What happened to you?" He's chewing his apple while giving me a questioning look.

"What does it look like smart ass." I snap back at him.

This lack of sleep causing my emotion to be unstable hence making me more grumpy than usual.

"Wow chill out Edith, you're going to offend everyone if you keep that attitude."

Sigh "Sorry Riley, I can barely sleep last night and I've got this feeling that have been keeping me awake at night."

"I know that these past few weeks have been tiring and stressful. But please bare with it for a few days or a week at top and it will all be over."

"I can't wait to go home, both you and Carol still owe me a movie night." Remembering his promise when our movie night was interrupted.

"We'll do that once we're back. Hey where did you get that bracelet?"

"Oh it's a gift from Luna Krystal." Telling him of my walk with Luna Krystal yesterday without mentioning anything about the waterfall.

"Better finish your coffee, Alpha Lucas want to talk to us regarding the rogue yesterday."

I take one big gulp of my latte finishing it. Then both me and Riley head straight to Alpha Lucas office.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 54.1K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
418K 13.9K 55
In a world where werewolves secretly co-exist with humans, it quite common for werewolves to reject their soulmates in hopes to find a partner with a...
1.5M 77.6K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...
12.9K 1.1K 15
Book 8 of the Regal Eclipse Pack Series. This book contains spoilers for the first 6 Books: Alpha King's Missing Mate (#1) The Alpha King's Slave (#2...