°SERENDIPITY°

By aishatariq633

SERENDIPITY --- (n) the chance occurrence of events in a beneficial way Henrik Mikaelson, the youngest Mikael... More

•CAST•
•PROLOGUE•
•CHAPTER 1•
•CHAPTER 2•
•CHAPTER 3•
•CHAPTER 4•
•CHAPTER 5•

•CHAPTER 6•

312 17 3
By aishatariq633

Henrik has already explained his theory. ONCE AGAIN. Hearing this unproved but logical theory, the expressions of Maddox, Greta keeps on changing, but not more than Katherine or Katerina, the current hostage of the supposed Original Hybrid and the uninvited person of their discussion.

Now, she thinks it would have been better if she didn't join. At least she won't feel like a fool who was running for 500 years for no cause. The main reason for which she took a dangerous person as her enemy, the curse, was actually faulty

'Oh, God! Give me a break.' Katherine thought feeling frustrated.

While some people were questioning their intelligence, Klaus didn't make any sound. Nobody knows what's going on in his head. He has been deep in his thoughts.

Even the new girl, whose name Katherine learns is Aurora, seems to be deep in thought, looking at the process of curse breaking and spells from the witch's grimoires with the boy, name Edrik, who only took one glance at it, sitting beside her.

Now that, Katherine is sitting across her, she found the girl to be more familiar, with her with her green with a hint of brown eyes, brown hair, and olive skin. But she is sure, she didn't meet this girl and for one second also, she didn't doubt her memory because she is a Survivor and a survivor doesn't have weak memory so, in short, she trusts her memory.

From the side glance, she noticed the handsome bright blonde hair boy with grey stormy eyes. There's something about him, in fact, there is something about them, but she can't pin point what it is.

One thing is for sure, the boy is loyal to Klaus. But, why? As far as she knows, they have met only for less a day. And she can smell a secret between them.

"Greta? Maddox?" The sudden call of Klaus startled everyone, breaking the long silence of room and snapping Katherine out of her thoughts.

"The theory is more like an assumption. If we doubt everything, we won't be able to succeed." Greta answered, not believing the theory. While Maddox kept quiet, keeping a neutral stance.

"So, you want me to be reckless, love?" Klaus questioned smilingly, showing his ever so beautiful dimples but one can sense hidden danger behind it and Greta understood it lately, "Aurora, what do you think?"

"Honestly speaking, I don't know," she replied, looking in Klaus's eyes. Turning to Henrik, she continued, "That doesn't mean I don't trust yours assumption. But the problem is" she paused a moment before carrying on, "I am not finding the problem. Every ingredient here is logical. Like moonstone, for channeling the power of full moon into it in order to unbound the original curse. Okay cool.

"Next, the sacrifice of werewolf and vampire is also correct since it represents both side of your heritage. Double cool.

"And last, drinking the blood of human doppelganger, here also I don't see any problem after all, your mother used the blood of her ancestor to place the curse, binding your werewolf side."

"Thank you for stating the obvious." Henrik said sarcastically, cutting her off.

"This will be the last time you'll be cutting me off." Aurora said, turning to him, "If you cut me off again, I'll cut your tongue. And as far as I have known, werewolf or witches can't grow another tongue." She finished, giving a sweet smile at the end. Before Henrik could retort, a glare from Klaus shut him.

"Anyways, reading the process and spell, I can guarantee, we will have a hybrid between us. That's for sure." Aurora finished confidently.

"Think outside the box, darling." Henrik smirked at her, leaning back in his chair and folds his arms behind his head. To Aurora, his posture clearly says 'I'm smarter than you' which she doesn't like one bit and this time Klaus's glare was directed at her before she could act on it.

"But that girl beside you has said that there is no problem in the method of curse breaking. So? Oh, by the way, I am Katherine. And you, handsome?" Katherine asked smilingly, ignoring the stink eye from the girl across her and the murderous glare from Klaus.

"I am Edrik. It's nice to meet you, Katherine." He answered, returning her smile back politely. "And about your former question, she is right. Like always." He said, giving a charming smile to Aurora who rolled her eyes at him. But she can't ignore the slight increase of her heart which Katherine didn't miss, causing her to smirk.

"Bennett witch spell can never be defective and this is one of them. But what about the spell that got your werewolf side bounded?

"That spell might be our answer where she had put a fail-safe into the curse. But before that," he turned to Klaus and continued, "Nik, are your only purpose is to break the curse and be the vampire-werewolf hybrid? Or there's more?" He finished, raising an eyebrow at him questioningly.

"Leave!" Klaus ordered instead. Henrik got up from his seat along with Aurora and was about to walk out, "Not you both."

"Katerina" Klaus called out when he saw her unmoving form, "Do you want me to escort you like old times?"

"It's my right to hear what's going on. I feel like I have been running 500 years for no reason."

"Do you really think you're in a position to ask something?" Klaus asked amusingly. Leaning forward, he compelled her, "GO"

And like that, Katherine walks out of the room without any control of her limbs.

"She is screwing me from her grave. ARE YOU HAPPY? HAPPY TO SEE ME DISTRAUGHT? I am sure you're having a day of your dead by seeing me like this." Klaus yelled for some time, looking up at the sky before calming down, "What do you think should be done?"

"I think we should go with the flow." Henrik suggested, "I mean curse will be broken. Let the dog out of you. What? Did you forget I am also a werewolf? One kind of dogs but strong one." He joked, getting two smacks at the back of his head in return.

"Actually, I want to create an army of hybrid of my kind. To protect my family, to destroy my enemies, and..." Klaus paused for a second, trying to sound less vulnerable before whispering out, "And not to be alone anymore. I know last reason is sounding stupid to you both but..."

"No, it's not sounding stupid." Henrik cut him off.

He can't help but think what happened after his death, where did the bright boy with his dimpled smile gone.

All he sees in front of him is a broken boy, who has forgotten to actually smile. All he does is to smirk. Now, he regrets that he should have kept a constant eye on his siblings but every time he sees them he can't help but to feel sad at being unable to be with them so, to avoid being emotional, he just kept a vague idea regarding them.

He was snapped out of his thoughts, hearing Aurora, "I understand what it feels like. For me, loneliness is like a shadow which didn't leave me alone ever. In fact, all mothers are same, destroyer of their children's life." Aurora finished, taking a sip from her glass of blood.

"Your mother isn't like that, Aurelie." Henrik said.

"Don't act like you know everything about her!" Aurora said shortly not wanting to discuss about her mother dearest, the greatest witch the supernatural world has ever seen.

"That doesn't mean I will let anyone to badmouth the person who has been taking care of me for so many years." Henrik yelled out. 

He will not let anyone speak nonsense about Qetsiyah, be it her own daughter. That woman has been taking care of him for a thousand years and he would let some illogical, egoistic daughter to tarnish her reputation? Dream ON!

"And while she was taking care of you, she abandoned her own daughter. All because your own mother was hell bent on channeling you in order to use your power whether it will cost your life or not," she paused for a while before leaning forward, she whispered-yelled in his ear, "SHE DOESN'T CARE."

With that, she left the apartment slamming the door with her vampire force. But before leaving, she didn't miss the shocked expression of Henrik with his sorrowful eyes.

Her mother was right in many things, unfortunately. And one of them is regarding her ego.

"You'll lose people if you keep your ego as your first priority rather than your family or any close person."

Congratulations mother, you were right. And now, due to this ego, she couldn't turn around and apologize. SHIT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 447 23
Klaus Mikaelson is saved by the person he least expected.... His father. Mikael. So, all the Mikaelsons get the unexpected happy endings they all des...
879K 20.6K 143
- ❝𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐧𝐠❞ ✨🐺 ❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤. 𝐁𝐮𝐭...
737K 14.3K 33
What if there what another person who knew the Mikaelson's before they got turned into Vampires. What if Niklaus had a best friend in the other world...
260K 7.3K 59
Matthias Mikaelson was a faceless man in the Mikaelson family, no one had ever seen his face aside from family and his best friend Katherine Pierce...